Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Vote_lcapLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Voting_barLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Vote_lcapLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Voting_barLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
silence broken Audiopipe dollar record chef state kyle records finals drive quad build pics disc 80inches globe stereo louisiana world crzyblondgrl crank Johncarr contest songs 2010
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES

Go down 
+31
taz
Matt_Sibley
TAMU
dBSteve
TeamSpead-Kenny
cody08
Skip01
Nick
S.L.A.B.
Alarm God
george szawan
charlesestes
Alan
dbdaddy
TECH114
mod4000
Moonie
KickerRex
beatnoutdaframe
Canaan
p_fitzpatrick
BBGIC
bruce-bruce
SQcrewcab
hunterw
shadescustomtint
Team Big'Un
sanman
Lilredtiva
CustomConcepts
Stingraysevenout
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is what ive gotten so far and still need some input on here for Ralph to see or hear.

1 first rumor was clamped classes well here is skippy on that.

Okay so one of the rumors about clamped classesis a rumor it will beclamped at regional and finals to make sure amps are right not to determine classes... So i like that idea as long as it doesn't add 3 hours to the show and usaci has the man power to do it... Good job and effort.. Only thing is cheaters will find a way to hide an amp you cant clamp im sure cheaters will always figure a way...
2 the other harsh rumor was no more prostock.

IT IS A RUMOR . It will be allowed to remove panels in ext cab trucks as well as back seat so they can play as long as below window line.... Thats kewl too should also mae it to where vans with half walls can join too..... Good in my book as well

3. Is that they are not going to have unlimitted anymore .... grrrr

VOICE OPINIONS AND OR COMMENTS THANKS

Last edited by Stingraysevenout on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SQcrewcab
Above Average Contributor
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Thats exacly what i am saying, its going to happen..
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:12 pm

M3?????
Back to top Go down
p_fitzpatrick
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
p_fitzpatrick

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:17 pm

There are only going to be 4 people at finals that aren't called cheaters and forced to leave the show.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Ok, if we are going to clamp...what CERTIFIED DMM are we going to use?

Will event directors need to send their DMM in for calibration from time to time?

Will we have an O-scope on hand?
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

hunterw wrote:
M3?????
D5????
Back to top Go down
http://www.bottomlesspits.com
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 pm

sounds miserable and I see many ppl sayin F it..
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 pm

beatnoutdaframe wrote:
hunterw wrote:
M3?????
D5????

sure M3,D5,4.1,pf600.1,d9,40.1,pd2000, your missing the point dude. hasnt nothing to do with what brand the amp is. it has to do with the fact that the m3 was one of the last debated/bench tested amps at 600 watts. so it does 600 watts at 4 ohms but we all know the amp will do 3k of power. so does that mean its now rated over 600 watts or do we go by usacis tested ratings. im not picking on a certain brand or certain amp so calm down and dont get hurt just because i mentioned a DD amp. jesus.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Whats wrong with the current rules?????????????? evryone knows them so why change them???????? I figured you guys would get rid of a class or two not all the crap going on....Makes me want 2 build for DRAG cause this will take for ever to change and i dont have forever.....
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm

I run the big power class's and still say clamped is stupid. Sorry but not many event judges really know how to truely run a true RMS dmm, so what now guys.

Nowif vans can run ps, can mini's run batts in the complete bed. U can say 36 in rule and below window line because that will be twice as tall as a mini
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 pm

After reading all this, all I can say is WOW.
The 200.1 is the same amp that I used in 07. I didn't win finals. I wanted to be a World Champion and I decided to work my ass off to be one. It took lots of testing and sleepless nights. I learned numerous things about my van. My box went throught numerous changes to get where it is now. My van is louder unmanned than manned using the same equipment. That is all due to my testing and playing with the van. Like jeff said, there are better amp out there than the one I used. There are more DBs in my box design and I just have to get it out..
Bigun Van was louder in 08 with a 166.1 DBs. Unfortunately, this yr they had issues with the van and still win finals. They are working on the van to get it fixed. That van is loud
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Moonie wrote:
Whats wrong with the current rules?????????????? evryone knows them so why change them???????? I figured you guys would get rid of a class or two not all the crap going on....Makes me want 2 build for DRAG cause this will take for ever to change and i dont have forever.....

X2
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Kumar, I personally think you did awesome. I know that don't mean much but you were the stand out SPLer of finals.

Congrats again bro
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:45 pm

mod4000 wrote:
Kumar, I personally think you did awesome. I know that don't mean much but you were the stand out SPLer of finals.

Congrats again bro
That means alot. thanks
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:54 pm

TECH114 wrote:
mod4000 wrote:

Congrats again bro
That means alot. thanks

Shocked yeah you did great bro! pirat
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

ok let me go over this again for the d5 haters, and the cheater amp word slanging fools that dont really know wtf they are talking about.

d5 wired at .25 each on peakhold did the following in my van this weekend

88v/92amps=8096 peak hold watts with a rise of .9 reactive

if you take .707 multiply 8096 by that you get 5723 watts rms on 18v not 14.4 where the amp is rated

how are you going to police the guys using 18v because your formula isnt going to work correctly anymore.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 am

Kumar I don't think anyone is pointing the finger at you I think people just need sumn to talk about if our originalset up would have stayed tgether we would have killed our class this year, if it weren't for db drive we wouldn't have even gone to finals much less put up a great number with very little time with the Amps we did what we could under the circumstances. A very special thanks to the mayor and dbdrive for all their help and this year well you'll see ,kumar much love bro can't wait to see u kill it again this year
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 am

As far as clamped or not idk I think it's already causing mass confusion so we will see how Ralph and his team handle it I think we all know that he'll do what ever is in the best interest of usaci
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 am

all that it sounds ;ike to me everyone is lazy and doesnt wnat to work for it......i have no problem working for it......i know i can out work anyone....so either change the rules or not......all your doing is making the shop owners like myself change too the other brands cause you guys cant make a set rule and inforce them....
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:50 am

TECH114 wrote:
mod4000 wrote:

Congrats again bro
That means alot. thanks

Kumar you did great thats the POINT... Cool Welcome to being a World Champion... From what i heard you were the topic of discution so you must some secrets that work that others dont.... And you worked your assss off for it ... Again Welcome to being a World champ bro..... WEll deserved but sometimes makes ya wonder if its even worth it huh... And crazy how ppl will suprise the F U C K out of ya when ya turn around for just a minute or two... Keep doing what you do cause your doing it right
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 am

I was at this meeting and I did not hear KUMAR mentioned one time in any discussion. Where are you guys hearing this crap?

fornicating rumors are rediculous.

Last edited by USACI on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 am

Not wanting to draw any BS....well maybe...lol

But I know quite a few of the current and OG USACi guys can chime in about phase angle and THD. Anyone wanna step up? (Mr. S...please)

Hell, I can't explain it but I know a few of you can!
Gimme some time to research and maybe. I know that peak Voltage and peak Amperage may not accure at the same time, and that can throw #'s for peak hold on a DMM way the hell out of wack.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 am

I said i Kumar because charlse used it as an example to why he suggested the clamp Cow poopy because 0-1000 and 1001-2k is s loud as 2-4 and he said we not him was trying to eliminate the chwater amps so you can squash the rumour Dung Pile Ralph it was said to me and i never said you were the one that said it.

and when your teying to teach Darvile how to do clamp at the show sunday is a strong suggestion thats its leaning toward clamp.

Like I told you why would anyone north of tulsa wanna even go to USACI finals where ever it will be this year when we can spend half of that to go to MWSPL finals and get paid for winning if we win.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 am

I dont like it.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:44 am

sorry to put you out there like this Charlse but the denial isnt right

I mean maybe I have the wrong idea of a members meeting, but This is what im used to in the Army when we have meetings and they conclude be there or not this is whats sent out to those who couldnt attend.

ATTENDING MEMBERS
HEAD AGENDA
SUBOORDINATE AGENDAS
DISCUSSION
VOTE
CONCLUSION
FUTURE ISSUES

it maybe dfferant in the civillian sector I donno, but as members we all have a right to know exactly whats was discussed at the meeting present or not.

Like I said you may not know it but some listend in on the meeting from other locations
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:45 am

as unenforced as usaci rules are, I really don think rule changes even matter. people just don't care about the rules. i was bitched at by everyone for saying it, but i'll say it again. At finals, there were woofers in front of the b pillar. when i "Female dog", im put in the category of thr babies who cry about rules. now cmon dman, that is the most basic rule in the freakin book. if that one is not enforced, then who is really going to be counting electrons?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 am

I know TAMU and them had a crx thats subs forward the b-pilla, and was told to shift them back
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 am

usac needs to find a way to have consistent judging across the board. for example; can a sb1 car run all 5 sb classes at the same show? because when I was chasing points, i wasnt alowed, but if a show was too small, then it would be suggested by a judge that i do run more that 1 sb class. which is it? are we going to be clamping in texas, but rating up north?
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am

sanman wrote:
I know TAMU and them had a crx thats subs forward the b-pilla, and was told to shift them back

I know. it was alowed by the judge in the sb lane. i had to race the mic and hurry up and tattle tale before he ran. I bearley made it. that crx almost ran and the judge was going to alow it except that I snitched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am

dbdaddy wrote:
usac needs to find a way to have consistent judging across the board. for example; can a sb1 car run all 5 sb classes at the same show? because when I was chasing points, i wasnt alowed, but if a show was too small, then it would be suggested by a judge that i do run more that 1 sb class. which is it? are we going to be clamping in texas, but rating up north?

Here is the rule for ya, sounds like you already know it but it never hurts to print out a copy of the rule book and carry it in your glovebox, then when you run into a judge who doesn’t know the rules, or even have a rule book you can correct him. It never ceases to amaze me the rules people don’t know, in this case it sounds like the judge was preventing himself from making as much money as he could because he didn’t know the rule that you can do mutiple sb classes if your system qualifies for it, amazing. Well at least the judge not knowing the rules didn’t cost you the points title. Here it is, 1 of 16 sb rules, print it out and take it with ya next time, maybe the event director will be happy you showed this to him because know he can earn more of your business.

10. Exception to “USACI General Rules”. In Street Beat a competitor may compete in multiple classes within the Street Beat division provided his/her vehicle meets the qualifications for that class.. (Example: A competitor has 4 - 10" woofers which qualifies him/her to compete in SB2, 3, 4 and 5 but not SB1. Remember that points qualification for SB1, 2, and 3 are listed as "maximum".)
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:57 am

dbdaddy wrote:
sanman wrote:

I know. it was alowed by the judge in the sb lane. i had to race the mic and hurry up and tattle tale before he ran. I bearley made it. that crx almost ran and the judge was going to alow it except that I snitched.

And as well you should have.... If anyone gave you shitt over that then fuckkkem... Cause everyone of these guys would have...

And i was there but wasn't for about ten mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next