Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Vote_lcapLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Voting_barLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Vote_lcapLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Voting_barLets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc build silence crank quad songs world contest chef record dollar kyle 80inches finals pics stereo broken Audiopipe globe drive louisiana crzyblondgrl records 2010 Johncarr state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES

Go down 
+31
taz
Matt_Sibley
TAMU
dBSteve
TeamSpead-Kenny
cody08
Skip01
Nick
S.L.A.B.
Alarm God
george szawan
charlesestes
Alan
dbdaddy
TECH114
mod4000
Moonie
KickerRex
beatnoutdaframe
Canaan
p_fitzpatrick
BBGIC
bruce-bruce
SQcrewcab
hunterw
shadescustomtint
Team Big'Un
sanman
Lilredtiva
CustomConcepts
Stingraysevenout
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is what ive gotten so far and still need some input on here for Ralph to see or hear.

1 first rumor was clamped classes well here is skippy on that.

Okay so one of the rumors about clamped classesis a rumor it will beclamped at regional and finals to make sure amps are right not to determine classes... So i like that idea as long as it doesn't add 3 hours to the show and usaci has the man power to do it... Good job and effort.. Only thing is cheaters will find a way to hide an amp you cant clamp im sure cheaters will always figure a way...
2 the other harsh rumor was no more prostock.

IT IS A RUMOR . It will be allowed to remove panels in ext cab trucks as well as back seat so they can play as long as below window line.... Thats kewl too should also mae it to where vans with half walls can join too..... Good in my book as well

3. Is that they are not going to have unlimitted anymore .... grrrr

VOICE OPINIONS AND OR COMMENTS THANKS

Last edited by Stingraysevenout on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:39 pm

i'm not confused.. I just think we are on different pages.. I see exactly what you are saying.. I gave the idea of lowering the ratings to make it cheaper to comepete is all.. I don't think we should do clamped pwr over here.. There's already a place for that over at MWSPL.. Not tryin to stir Dung Pile up, just offering suggestions..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:50 pm

OK I HEAR UT I HAVE 1 MORE EXAMPLE

MY S10=3 15'S/24 BATTS(16V)/58K WATTS 164.2

MARK BRUSS S10=4 15'S/20 BATTS(12V)/AROUND 40K WATTS 164.8

AMPLIFIERS AND POWER ARE NOT WHATS KEEPING PEOPLES NUMBERS DOWN THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE/TESTING/ AND THE WILLINGNESS TO BE TOTALLY DEDICATED TO A COMMON GOAL IS
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't think you get what I'm sayin.. The clamp pwr issue is for competition to become "more fair" and cheaper.. My opinion is that USACi doesn't need to to go to clamp power bc they have made their name with 4 ohm ratings, and outlaw style.. I simply suggested a rating change.. With the rating change, the pwr will go down the numbers will come of a little bit, its more affordable.. That's all I'm sayin Jeff.. i see your points and I agree for the most part.. I'm not trying to get everyone riled up, its just a suggestion.. That is all..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 pm

THOSE THAT CALL FOR CHANGE ARE THE FIRST ONES TO BACK OUT EVERY TIME
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I am not the one calling for change.. I read all this pissin and crying on the forum from ppl and I offer a solution for the madness.. I hope your comment wasn't directed at me..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:33 pm

IT WASNT BUT IF IT WAS WHAT CAN YA REALLY DO I HAVE READ YOU SAY NO CLAMP BUT HAVE YOU SAID WHAT YOU PROPOSE TO CHANGE TO MAKE IT (FAIR) OR (CHEAPER)
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:42 pm

i proposed changin the ratings from 4ohm to 2ohm or from 4ohm to 1ohm.. either or.. All in all this really doesn't effect me bc I play in SB.. BUT with that said if I ran prostock or mod right now and they changed it to clamped pwr, I would be HIGHLY pissed.. I'm trying to help out.. The rule I suggested in no way shape form or fashion benifits me.. Just tryin to put other ideas in ppls heads..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

THIS ISNT WHAT IS BEING QUESTIONED THE FACT THAT AMPS CAN BE RAN AT .25 THEN HAVE A RISE OF 1OHM AND THAT THE 1 OHM RISE IS MORE THAN THE NOMINAL 1OHM IS THE ISSUE THAT THEY DONT LIKE
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
Above Average Contributor
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Yes he did Jeff, His idea was to change amp ratings to 1ohm instead of 4 ohm that way no amps will be at risk of being "to much power" but will allow people to run other amps in the classes.
just an example a hifonics BXI 2010D is rated from the manufacture 650rms @ 4ohm. This amp will still not compare to the top 5 0-600 amps but right now u cant even run it in 0-600, you get put in 601-1800 with a 2k amp. I use the Hifonics amp for example because there are ALOT of "beginers" with these amps or amps like these. What he is saying is just change ratings to 1ohm, all that happens is it allows more amps to come into play. Thats it. No amps will be "outcasts"
I typed this while u 2 were already replying,, my bad
AND he is saying.. NO CLAMPS
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:49 pm

WHATS THE COST OF ONE OF THESE AMPS?????????
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:52 pm

reason I suggest this is as it is NOW for example the cactus pf600..
@ 4ohm = 600
@ 2ohm = 1200
@ 1ohm = 2400 correct?
IF the ratings got changed from the way it is now to 1ohm then this amp would be allowed in 1801-3k.. Do you see what I'm saying now?
YES you can still drop the imp and get sick pwr out of these amps BUT you're not gonna be able to get 4k+ out of a 0-600 amp anymore..
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

SQcrewcab wrote:
Yes he did Jeff, His idea was to change amp ratings to 1ohm instead of 4 ohm that way no amps will be at risk of being "to much power" but will allow people to run other amps in the classes.
just an example a hifonics BXI 2010D is rated from the manufacture 650rms @ 4ohm. This amp will still not compare to the top 5 0-600 amps but right now u cant even run it in 0-600, you get put in 601-1800 with a 2k amp. I use the Hifonics amp for example because there are ALOT of "beginers" with these amps or amps like these. What he is saying is just change ratings to 1ohm, all that happens is it allows more amps to come into play. Thats it. No amps will be "outcasts"
I typed this while u 2 were already replying,, my bad
AND he is saying.. NO CLAMPS
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jeff they can be found for less than 300 bucks
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:56 pm

1000 post FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 pm

I want to say.. just guessing.. fornicate it,, i will go look.................................. $259 shipped on ebay.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:40 pm

EBAY LOL

300 ISNT REALLY THAT FAR OFF WHAT I PAY PER D5
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:54 pm

yeah, what YOU pay for one. 20 people can call steve and everyone would get a different price. and a basic competitor prob pays about $675-$750 easy.
Dont get me wrong Jeff, you have earned your way to get great prices like that. Some guys have to start somewhere before they get better pricing. Plus if someone gets a price even close to that and they run stock, they should be pro.. .)
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:55 pm

sanman wrote:
EBAY LOL

300 ISNT REALLY THAT FAR OFF WHAT I PAY PER D5
thats the point man.. If the ratings were to go to 1ohm the the d5 would also be in 1801-3k bc I assume its 500@4ohm 1k@2ohm and 2k@2ohm.. 1801-3k is the 2nd biggest stock class there is.. Is it making sense now?
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

with a hifonics amp...are you really looking to win anyway? lol. you guys want to make all the changes for people that will never get serious about competing lol. lets make usaci a newb org and filterr out all the vets and loud people
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:02 pm

NOT REALLY SINCE 4 OHM IS WHAT WE USE AT 14.4V TO TST AMPS THATS BEEN USACI'S WAY OF DOING IT FOR YEARS NOW

AND WHO IS TO SAY THE BX?? SHOULDNT BE RATED AT 500@4 EXCEPT FOR THE MANU THEY ARE THE ONES PRODUCING THE RATINGS DOESNT MEAN THEY CANT BE RATED LOWER THOUGH IF THEY WANTED THEM TO BE.

EXAMPLE PYRAMID HAS A 4K WATT AMP WE ALL KNOW IT WONT DO THAT
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:03 pm

NICE COMMENT SHADES
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 pm

hunterw wrote:
with a hifonics amp...are you really looking to win anyway? lol. you guys want to make all the changes for people that will never get serious about competing lol. lets make usaci a newb org and filterr out all the vets and loud people
Cant say that becaus right now they dont have a chance to get serious. They show up with a amp that does less power than most and ALSO get thrown in a higher class, Get beat by 10db..makes it hard to want to try.
how would changing to 1ohm ratings filter out the vets and loud?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:10 pm

OOPS I MEANT HUNTER
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:11 pm

LOL HERE WE GO AGAIN I CANT WIN WITH THIS PARTICULAR AMPS SO I WANNA CRY
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm

SQcrewcab wrote:
hunterw wrote:
Cant say that becaus right now they dont have a chance to get serious. They show up with a amp that does less power than most and ALSO get thrown in a higher class, Get beat by 10db..makes it hard to want to try.

i got beat all the time my first year. all the time in the subby wagon, but i came back cuz i love it.they are given a chance. it always is made it seem at every show that everyone that takes first does 155 plus. sooo not the case lol. and 1 ohm rating are fine with me. but i like 4 ohm better and say just leave everything alone.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:15 pm

SQcrewcab wrote:
hunterw wrote:

and changing to 1 ohm ratings isnt going to give themmore of a chance to win lol. they will still lose by 10db lol.

btw aaron i about to punch my savage in the face.
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm

who the F is crying, all i am saying is let them at least try. right now they dont even get a chance, they get shafted for having a entry level amp.
I dont get why you guys are so worried. I dont want anything to happen to the amps you run now, nothing. all we want to do is let entry level guys run in power classes where they have a "shot' I am sure most of these amps wont take first unless they come out with a great build. i dont get why you are so worried about a guy running your class with a fornicating $300 ebay amp.

Hunter, it may make it a 7db difference if they could run in a equal power class.

I will sell you all my savage stuff for $175.. all of it...
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:21 pm

THEY HAVE A CHANCE ITS CALLED LOCAL WHY DO YOU GUYS NOT NDERSTAND THAT CLASS IS THERE FOR THEM THIS IS WHERE THEY LEARN AT AND YA KNOW I RAGGED ON DAVE FOR HAVING CRUNCH AMPS AND I COMMEND HIM FOR MAKING IT TO FNALS AND ATLEAST GIVING IT A TRY INSTEAD OF SITTING AT HOME SUCKING HIS THUMB
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm

SQcrewcab wrote:
who the F is crying, all i am saying is let them at least try. right now they dont even get a chance, they get shafted for having a entry level amp.
I dont get why you guys are so worried. I dont want anything to happen to the amps you run now, nothing. all we want to do is let entry level guys run in power classes where they have a "shot' I am sure most of these amps wont take first unless they come out with a great build. i dont get why you are so worried about a guy running your class with a fornicating $300 ebay amp.

Hunter, it may make it a 7db difference if they could run in a equal power class.

I will sell you all my savage stuff for $175.. all of it...
im not worried about it really. lol. i jut wish everything will be left alone. Smile

truck and and all?? lol
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Well if all this is crap Jeff. Do you have any ideas how to expand our hobby, how to bring in new blood, how to have more than 2-3 people in a class at finals?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:30 pm

LOL FINALS IS STARTING TO GROW AGAIN FINALLY NOW WE WANNA CHANGE IT ALL AROUND ONE MORE TIME I PERSONALLY FEEL THIS SINT THE WAY TO DO IT.

HOW ABOUT EDUCATED DIRECTORS ON THE RULES/CLASSES/ AD THE WAY SHOWS ARE TO BE RAN ALL YEAR LONG ONE THING IS FOR SURE YOU WILL HEAR PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT THESE THIN GS RIGHT HERE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES   Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets Discuss rationaly some of the things up on board RULES
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next