Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Vote_lcap16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Voting_bar16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Vote_lcap16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Voting_bar16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana kyle crank drive world globe stereo pics state crzyblondgrl finals record 80inches songs broken records Johncarr silence Audiopipe quad dollar build contest disc 2010 chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4

Go down 
+16
kasey
BillGass
BBGIC
zacdavis
Matt_Sibley
PhatSam
Talonesi
RowRowSB
slumpinhonda
MADCPB
team treo
The_Rowlands
T Burns
Treo Truck
sanman
Moparbass28
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:19 am

First topic message reminder :

it's already in the rules, why was it not enforced?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:12 pm

Marty seems a little cocky, I think we will help him with that.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:15 pm

well im still confused and agree with the previouse comment if it was going to be used as a 12v batt then why would the 16v batt side be needed and if these batts are truely a dual batt with a 12/16v side why qwould you need to charge both sides to obtain the amperage back in them

12v sides all connected great no issues but the 16v side was also connected this is where all the hype is at about these batts
Back to top Go down
team treo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
team treo

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:19 pm

DIRECTED AMPS!!!When I hit that # at the Digz, only 1 amp was working. Directed amps only worked half time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:21 pm

team treo wrote:
Just to let everyone know, this thread is mainly about Metro Audio Dynamics and Stereowest. Team Swat is just mad because they didn't win ANY 1st place tropies. They talked all year long that they were going to do this and that. But when it all came down, they were shut out. Like Jeremy said before, " You can win any local shows you want and claim how many trophies you guys have won all year, but when it all came down to finals, you all fell flat. cheers

funny thing is you guys started out the year in the stock classes, when you couldnt win thouse you switch to sb, heck i remember when i tried to give you guys some comp in prostock you guys switched the pro stock car to modified for that show so you could still win, yeah you did win finals, and good job on that, but when are you gonna come through with what you told one of my teamates earlier this year marty, that you were coming for me and were gonna beat at a show, i havent even seen an attempt at that yet though, good job on your sb run though, i'll give ya credit that is pretty loud.

ohh and this thread wasnt meant to be a swat verses mad thread, it was meant to be a thread stating the 16v batteries, wheather the 16v post was connected to the amp or not shouldnt be legal in a class were "system" voltage cant be above 14.7, i thought "system" was the whole electrical sysytem but i guess that needs more explaining in the rules
Back to top Go down
team treo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
team treo

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Well it seems that it turned into that thread
I need a BEER! and I'm getting a headache

Me and my trophy are going to Hooters Cool
Back to top Go down
BillGass
Above Average Contributor
BillGass

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Treo Truck wrote:
Maybe now that some people including judges have posted how the hybrid batteries work you will ask before you accuse.

You are correct Jeremy. After Sibley's post about how the hybrid batteries and batteries in general work it did clarify some things. Examine Chad's post about VPC. Those numbers coincide with what was witnessed on Saturday's run. Do the math and the voltage dip to the 13's is consistent with the theories about what really happened. Someone show me how that voltage can be sustained on a 12 volt system. Until that can be done I will firmly believe that Saturday's run was not legal.
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:40 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:

Marty, be affraid , very affraid

You probably didn't want to upset Bruce. Maybe you missed his number this weekend. Do you think he's not capable of dominating any class that he chooses? I hope to see him enter a SB class sometime next year. Then everyone can be afraid of what class he will show up in at finals next year.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 pm

my truck is bare already wanna come video it lol
Back to top Go down
MADCPB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MADCPB

Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:

Speaking as a Teammate of Marty's some say I am the Team Captain, he is not at all being cocky. You guys remember when we were kids and got a prize for doing something good, a gold star for the day, having the highest grade on a test. He is going back to his grade school days, and you know what, I would do the same thing, he excited to see that the work he did through the year paid off, he human. Bruce is the the ultimate competitor, if he wants to do streetbeat, thats great he is a force to be reckoned with, and has a great team to back him up. But Marty also has a team of people that can motivate him and has the knowledge to make it a stiff race. Next year will be a great one!! See you next year.
Back to top Go down
MADCPB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MADCPB

Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Hay, Bill I think you left the family retard out. Joe you have called me a number of times on batteries, ask advice, you are on this forum asking everyone how to do this or that. When you start to think for yourself and stop asking others what you should do, maybe I will listen. As far as the shows, I personally thank everyone for coming out, I have nothing but respect for Bill and Streetbeatz, I have known these guys for a longtime. The only thing I now question is how they let you join. P.S. I will stick with USACi for my trophies next year.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Here is the issue I see. I own and use the Kinetik HC16v batteries. IE the hybrid 12/16 volt batteries.

You HAVE TO CHARGE THE 16 VOLT SIDE. If you try to charge on the 12 volt side without charging on the 16 volt side there will be an imballance of the cells and they will fail. PERIOD!

You can draw as much as you want from the 12 volt side as it will draw down the 16 volt side with it, but if you dont charge the 16 volt side the voltage will continue to fall on the 16 volt side untill the cell becomes unstable and will become cashed out.

Anyone questionsing this can contact kinteik.

I personally ran off the 12 volt side this weekend in omaha, and charged on the 16 volt side. And guess what I am in pro stock.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:18 pm

marty seemed cool to me... i think everyone should direct there views toward usaci..they are the one's that allow this kinda stuff to happen on a regular basis....

nobody take this personally,but i think they should've caught the fact that alot of sb guys were using a pure tone's off "that" cd... i dont think it would've changed who won or anything...at least someone should have to put in tha work and find "that" song

everyone knows the rules are to loosely enforced!

i had a blast and was very impressed with most of the #'s i saw....
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:29 pm

im going to actually agree with this statement and i know ill take some heat for it for we have 3 guys in street beat but i thought the meaning of the class was for street beats not tones you can chop a tone up all you want but i dont hear little john or mystikal or neo on any of them cd's

what they have done ie amazing to me but its not music
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:35 pm

well the out come would more than likly been the same,i acaully had 4 cds to play just in case. do your homework and you will get far in sb! PERIOD!
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:53 pm

definatly agree... i think usaci could keep people and the rules in order, and enforce them!

i was glad to do as well as i did with the sb1 competitors..... very impressed.
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 pm

BillGass wrote:
Treo Truck wrote:
Maybe now that some people including judges have posted how the hybrid batteries work you will ask before you accuse.

You are correct Jeremy. After Sibley's post about how the hybrid batteries and batteries in general work it did clarify some things. Examine Chad's post about VPC. Those numbers coincide with what was witnessed on Saturday's run. Do the math and the voltage dip to the 13's is consistent with the theories about what really happened. Someone show me how that voltage can be sustained on a 12 volt system. Until that can be done I will firmly believe that Saturday's run was not legal.

Bill the run was legal and you can believe what you want because proably more than anyone else competing and or generally just around car stereo you are the first i could frankly give a flying F less what you think and or believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3