Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Vote_lcap16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Voting_bar16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Vote_lcap16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Voting_bar16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle broken quad Johncarr records 80inches globe songs pics record disc drive finals chef world silence louisiana dollar state stereo crank build contest 2010 crzyblondgrl Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4

Go down 
+16
kasey
BillGass
BBGIC
zacdavis
Matt_Sibley
PhatSam
Talonesi
RowRowSB
slumpinhonda
MADCPB
team treo
The_Rowlands
T Burns
Treo Truck
sanman
Moparbass28
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Empty
PostSubject: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:19 am

it's already in the rules, why was it not enforced?
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:22 am

Huh ? Who was using these if you don't mind sayin ? scratch
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:37 am

exactly correct i know there is a 12v side but it doesnt matter thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:21 am

I was using what I owned and it was clarified as legal.....I used the 12volt post only!.....maybe those that where so concerned about it that didnt believe the MANY volt meters should have bucked up and paid the protest....I guess paying to learn something about proper wiring of batteries and sufficient quanities isnt a good way to do it in my opinion but what ever it takes huh.

Please post where it says in the rules.....14.7 max......I was at 14.34 max on my burps and 14.6 on idle. I havent tore town for my rebuild of the daily driver anyone want to drive across town and take notes?

Call me an a$$ if you want I am tired of hearing it......The judges checked my voltage...and I WAS LEGAL.

I have an idea...we should all tear down before each and ever show so everyone can see what each other is doing and then we can all have the same #'s threw out each show and we can mail each other the first place trophies to share them? Each person will get 10 minutes with each persons setup to measure and copy all they need to so they can get loud or louder.[b]

Are you including 16volt caps in your proposed rule change? Just curious.

Because that is what this is all about SWAT vs MAD...Next time just post the topic as so....you can take all the locals you want but when it came to finals It was a different story wasnt it.
Back to top Go down
T Burns
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
T Burns

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:39 am

I agree that it should not be allowed but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:27 am

if u are in a class that can't run 16v then they shouldn't be allowed in the car at all it would halt the controversy all togather
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:38 am

sanman wrote:
if u are in a class that can't run 16v then they shouldn't be allowed in the car at all it would halt the controversy all togather
i agree thats the same as have extra amps in the car your not using but they make ya take them out..or count them as power
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 am

good point and correct
Back to top Go down
team treo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
team treo

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:42 am

Swat+is+just+mad+cause+they+got+their+butts+handed+2+them+even+when+they+switched+the+amps
Back to top Go down
T Burns
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
T Burns

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:06 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
sanman wrote:
i agree thats the same as have extra amps in the car your not using but they make ya take them out..or count them as power

This is true...should be the same.
Back to top Go down
MADCPB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MADCPB

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:45 pm

Every year the best of the best come to finals, every year someone does something that someone else doesn't like or didn't think of themselves. On the case of the 16 volt batteries, USACi judges inspected the truck, the Head judge monitored the running of the truck with his own meter. He ruled that everything was legal. Now as everyone knows this is your sport, we have a say in the rules that govern this sport, if you feel the rules need to change, voice your opinion to the ruling body. Jeremy Camp used what he had purchased, his own amps, subs, and batteries. He worked his A$$ off to get that title, and for people to question his character is only showing that in this sport, just like any other, there is always a sore LOSER. If you start the $H!T talk, you better back it up; And you know who you are.

Thanks again for everyone coming out to Omaha, See you in the Lanes!

TEAM METRO AUDIO DYNAMICS
TEAM TREO

Chris Burroughs
Pro Stock 601-1800 4th place 159.9
16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Dsc02415
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:50 pm

ok im trying to stay level headed noone is saying you didnt win but the damm 16v batts should have been replaced they aint allowed in your setup period with no exceptions in that class do you understand now

i dont care about you guys vs swat in any ways but this needs to be solved they dont belong in a sb car except sb5 and that wasnt you

need further explanayion of this see the damm rules
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks Chris.

Wow even a judge that read the meter at 11.9 volts can atest to me not using 16volts.....this is really pretty cut and dry isnt it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:03 pm

ok let me explain how they could be used to your advantage, now i am not saying this is what was done, but it could be done, i find it hard to believe that your voltage held at 13.4 with 5 seconds left in the run unless the 16v was being used,

now here is how it could be done, the 16v and the 12v are hooked up to the buss bars that power the amps, you throw a selonoid in between the 16v side and the buss bar, now you start playing your music, and after the initial votlage drop you hit the selenoid to activate the 16v side, at this point your voltage would and probably should be in the mid 13's if you were running say 20000 watts of power, then when you get done to the end of the run you deactivate the selonoid and there you have it, you dont go over 14.7

now let me say this once again in case you didnt catch it the first time, i'm not saying this was what was done, simply that it is what could be done, and for me well i'm not rocket scientist, but it the only way i can think of to hold 13.5 when running 20k watts, thats all

and on the cap thing they are not 16v caps, they are whaever v cap you want them to be, up to 16.2, if you want to charge them up to 10v they can be a 10v cap, if you want 13, they can be 13, as for the vehicle class in question, well you are allowed to have unlimited caps and up to 14.7, which is what it had
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Treo Truck wrote:
Thanks Chris.

Wow even a judge that read the meter at 11.9 volts can atest to me not using 16volts.....this is really pretty cut and dry isnt it?

yes, but that was on your day 2 rerun after it had been brought to the judges attention, and what was your day 2 score?

day one i didnt see judges checked voltage on hardly any cars, i know they didnt check mine, but i saw the volt meter you guys had on the truck holding strong at 13.5 with 5 seconds to go on day one

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:08 pm

no the only thing thats cut and dry is they cant be in the damm car man that means period you cant have them in there at all any further break down ill be glad to explain you cant not have 16v batts in a sb1-4 car at all no matter what

true the verification is where it went bad and I know Sibley knows better so i dont think it was him
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 pm

I had to bring it to there attention actually to check my voltage in the lanes lol
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:15 pm

team treo wrote:
Swat+is+just+mad+cause+they+got+their+butts+handed+2+them+even+when+they+switched+the+amps

Which amps did we change out marty must be talking bout your team i seen you guys switching amps between vehicles.....which from what i understood is ILLEGAL. I know In the rules it states.....NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT BETWEEN COMPETITORS. Now the only amps we switched out were in my car after my SB1 run when the woofer coil unraveled and shorted on the motor taking the amp with it.......and in chads he had a weak amp with spair amps cause we brought them....In the Tracker Magoo switched woofers out cause he had a couple toasted voice coils! Now Marty your lucky Quis wasnt there to do a rerun cause im PROMISE YOU WOULDNT HAVE WON! Jeremy didnt hand magoo he A$$$ it was 2 tenths of a db.......magoo has the louder car when it came down to it just couldnt pull it off. Now Jeremy im not talkin poop I LOVE THE HELL OUTTA THAT TRUCK, and i respect you, and congratulate you on you championship......Marty well i dont really care bout what you gotta say...........i tried to be a good sport with you but you got too much of a mouth you were the first one on here running your mouth...big deal two 1st place trophies wooopie......look at LnC till you can pull off 9 World titles in a weekend shut up and get back to work. this post wasnt naming any names but was just trying to get a straight answer outta someone on top, cause terry's rex used a 16 volt batt to charge his Caps, but was forced to pull it out, you would think that if the classes that were not allowed to run 16 volts should not be allowed to have any 16 volt batteries in the car whether or not they are hooked up or not.......whatever everyone gets so defensive on this forum sometimes.......we dont even get paid to play so whys everyone gotta be at eachothers throats.
Back to top Go down
team treo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
team treo

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:16 pm

The+louder+man+plain+and+simple+they+are+using+the+batteries+as+an+excuse+plain+and+simple
Back to top Go down
RowRowSB
RowRowSB

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:19 pm

whats with the god damn plus signs
Back to top Go down
MADCPB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MADCPB

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:25 pm

sanman wrote:
I had to bring it to there attention actually to check my voltage in the lanes lol
Sanman Sums it up, vehicles running the lanes on day one weren't checked. So this really is a non issue, readings weren't taken on day one. should it had happen, no, but jeremy had spent his money on 16volt batteries a year ago, he spent money on his amps, subs etc. He thought this would be an issue so he addressed it with the judging body 2 weeks before finals they said there was no problem. Now I feel as do many others we are beating a dead horse. On a other note: Sanman, Angie it was great competing against you in pro-stock, you made me work harder on my own setup to get as loud as I could get. Any time you are in the area, look me up. P.S. how is Angies leg, I just came off ankle surgery a few months ago and I was a hurten Mother Focker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:33 pm

team treo wrote:
The+louder+man+plain+and+simple+they+are+using+the+batteries+as+an+excuse+plain+and+simple

not using it as an excuse, heck in my original post i didnt even names any names, they came out on themselves, i was just stating in the original post that the rules should have been followed/enforced, not that we need to change them because they are already there.

all im saying is it should'nt be allowed because of the explaination i gave before with the selonoid's, and how someone could keep the voltage below 14.7 and still use 16v batts to do it.

and like tim said, it wasn't really an pooter kicking, it was .2db, considering you guys had 4 big pooter stetsom's, i mean treo amps to magoo's convertable tracker with less than half the power................ well either way .2 is still not the win, but i gotta give it up to magoo for getting that thing loud
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:39 pm

team treo wrote:

Louder? not really....batteries excuse? not really the point coming across marty is wait wait wait maybe i should say it slow so not so smarty marty can understand this............THE.......PART..........ABOUT..........HAVING.............16volt........batteries..........in.......a.........classs.........that doesnt...........allow.......to..........run 16.........volts............isnt.......legal....... now we argued the point as well when they said something bout terrys rex it was only seeing 14.7 at the amps, but they made us take it out.........so they said we were not allowed to have a 16 volt battery in the car, no jeremys batteries are 16 volts whether thats the way they were used or not they shouldnt have been allowed in the vehicle......but WHO CARES ITS OVER NOW..........you guys won so enjoy it FOR NOW next year will be a whole nother story.....this thread wasnt directed it was asking for a clarification on the ordeal so that everyone knows for next year.

So GOOD LUCK SEE YA SOON!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:40 pm

we go back at 2 today for foot x-rays since they didnt do it lastnight she is sore, but managing lol
Back to top Go down
RowRowSB
RowRowSB

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm

straight from the mouth of Magoo....

"i want to know why jeremy could not back up his number on sunday while his voltage was being monitored, he came out at the same number but 15 seconds into the run he dropped harder below his orignal number and ended his run... it is what is.. you took first so what? you have 2 inches more on your trophy but Josh from L&C and myself have more pride in the world knowing we do our numbers legit... i did a 157.1 droping below 11 volts using 4 wet cell batteries, L5 kicker woofers (vs custom hybrid woofers), 8000 watts of incriminator power (vs your 20000+watts). and NEVER having 16v in questions... take it how you want rules should have been followed and i know i have you... but thats cool... whatever"
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 pm

man next year is going to be fun fun fun
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:45 pm

sanman wrote:
man next year is going to be fun fun fun

I agreee!
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:47 pm

11. SB5 is the only class open to any vehicles that use a system voltage higher than 14.7 maximum or utilize multiple alternators. Any competitor meeting any or all of the above qualifications may compete in SB5 by choice.

that is the sb rule. nothing about has to be 12v batteries or 16v or anything just voltage below 14.7. his system runs on less the 14.7
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:52 pm

Also comes out no diff if you hook up a 12v battery and a 2v cell=14v. As long as you stay at 14.7 or lower it is legit.
Back to top Go down
MADCPB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MADCPB

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Sanman, I would love to go to any of your guys shows, What all this shows is their are at least 3 hard working, world record breaking teams in the midwest. We all set the bar to the highest degree, lets keep it going next year. I need suggestions on a new vehicle, the crx is going all race car, plus i am to god dam big (FAT) to work in that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4   16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16v batteries should not be allowed in sb1-4
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: