Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Vote_lcapUSACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Voting_barUSACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Vote_lcapUSACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Voting_barUSACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics broken disc songs state Audiopipe finals world records quad 80inches stereo dollar contest louisiana crank record silence build crzyblondgrl Johncarr kyle 2010 chef globe drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?

Go down 
+17
Navi
PerformanceTyler
Stingraysevenout
TeamTCA
shadescustomtint
dbdaddy
jsketoe
rd s10
cody08
aho77
FUZ-T.C.C.
Nice
bruce-bruce
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
sanman
BBGIC
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Empty
PostSubject: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:45 pm

This is a message I received from Steve Stern at Brand B in response to the points sharing initiative.

Hi Ralph,

I hope you are doing well.

I've had several members inform me that you are honoring MECA points in 2010. That's fine, but I must ask you not to list or mention MECA by name in any public forums, press releases, or other places, since you are not licensed to use our trademark.

If you would just make that more generic and say that you are honoring participation in other organizations, that should be sufficient.

I know you understand how these trademarks work, and I appreciate your taking care of this as soon as possible.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season

Thanks

Steve

USACI will now refer to the other organizations as Brand A and Brand B and Brand C, etc.... drunken

Last edited by USACI on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:49 pm

so promoters cat mention the others name in any way shape or form or its trademark infridgement????????
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Whoo! The ( other orgs ) are not playing nice!
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:54 pm

and my opinion (and that of my trademark attorney):

just an FYI:

Trademarks protect companies from using you trademarks in their business or to make money from them. Use of your company name in referring to your company cannot be protected from media, forums, or any other public use if it is referring to you or your company. That would be like USACI not allowing anyone to say the name USACI in the public forums or in the news media. It is not possible. The use of your name in any forums by any person is not actionable unless it slanderous or misrepresenting. On a national level companies use other companies names to compare products and promote themselves and that is legal as well.

On a side note:

Why would you want to continue to be hostile in the face of an industry that so obviously is tired of it? It is bad for Brand B, USACI, and the industry as a whole., not to mention you own members.

Last edited by USACI on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Regular Marx Brothers team! Opps, that is a trademark!
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 pm

robrice wrote:
you guys are funny

Actually, if I was trying to be funny I would send out an e-mail to Steve, Paul, and Wayne asking them to no longer call USACI USACI. Then I would e-mail the media and 12-volt and tell them the same thing.

This e-mail was unsolicited and I was amazed to receive it. I see no humor at all in this; in fact I see the slow miserable death of an industry as a result of this type of issue. Makes me sick to my stomach in fact.

Foolish bickering.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 pm

This program was meant to help out SQ and SQ competitors. It has been revised to avoid confusion.

Lowell, AR
10/23/2009
For Immediate Release

NOTE: Brand A and Brand B are the two other SQ organizations who have a fials and issue points for competition in sq)

USACI to Honor Brand A and Brand B SQ Points

USACI announced today plans to recognize points from both Brand A and Brand B competitions in Sound Quality classes. USACI will count points from BRAND B and BRAND A for those competitors who live in states with few or no USACI SQ events. If a competitor lives in a state with no USACI events then that competitor may use 100% of their points from the other organization(s). In states with USACI SQ available a competitor may use a percentage of their points from either BRAND A or BRAND B toward the USACI finals. This percentage will vary depending on the number of USACI events and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

USACI's goal with this program is to drive more competitors to local SQ events regardless of the sanction body, allow more opportunities for Sq competitors to attend the World Finals, and befit all the by allowing the competitors compete and earn points without being forced to travel hundreds of miles every weekend. We at USACI hope this program will foster interest in the sport and perhaps open to door to more interaction between the competitors and managers from the various organizations.

For more information call USACI at 479-750-0505 or visit the USACI web site @ www.usaci.org
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm

crazy shitt
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:23 pm

take that brand A and B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:28 pm

I wonder if PIZZA or PIE is trademarked?
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Brand a and brand b can suck the calcium from my bone.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 pm

By honoring Brand A and Brand B points USACI is telling our members in areas with few USACI event to go to these other organizations to get points. We are driving competitors to their shows for them. USACI gains only by supporting the competitors and given them more places to compete. The money for the additional entry fees goes to the other organizations!

This was about helping the members and SQ, not USACI……… (except to maybe earn some goodwill)
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 pm

No comment.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 pm

That dumb, if anything ...other brands should like the extra advertizment of ppl talking bout them...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 pm

to much bad blood going around cant we just get along
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 am

Thats just silly
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 am

I have a trade mark on pizza
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:14 am

well...my opinion of MECA stands...LOL. Go Steve...you have no clue.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 am

look, if I had a shop, and a very well established, international organization wanted to mention my name all the time, plus while mentioning it, they say to go to my shop and they will honor my points, i would feel advertised for free.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 am

No worries it all come to a crashing head
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am

I have to say I DON'T GET IT EITHER. Who would not want FREE advertisement regardless if you support them or not. Makes NO SENSE whatsoever.

Todd Crowder
TeamTCA
24 World Championships
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Ive talked to Steve Stern a coulpe of times and he seemed pretty cool,but I guess not.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:12 pm

OH well Ralph you tried to help.. And really hate to break it to everyone... But NOBODY pays attention to or cares to much about it anymore.SQ is dying always has always will.... Its a sinking ship and well SPL is your bread and butter so ohhhhhhhhh well to the SQ side ... You were trying to help cant blame ya there you tried ... Now just do what ya gotta do bro.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Just wondering Jimbo what is it Ralph has got to do?
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:51 pm

I havent been on the SQ side in a long time, really when Jimbo and I first started competing, so I dont know of the problems but there are problems in everything even things that you are supposed to have at. No matter what you do you will always dissapoint or upset someone unintentionally or on purpose, it's life you roll with the punches
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 pm

so what, fornicate em
Back to top Go down
cehmke
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Ridiculous ...
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:01 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
Just wondering Jimbo what is it Ralph has got to do?

I thought he was on the right track.. I love all the new ideas so far but to have Meca come in and say that ... I honestly wouldn't honer their points then... I am just dumbfounded he tried to reach out and do something right and blammo now he is infrenging and pissssing off the other org...

James you and Monty and your team and shop have done a ton for SQ i actually think the group of SQ guys now are top notch and thats great still want yall to play here but if he keeps running into brick walls i was saying why try....

Honestly if you ask me bring back having cars inproper class no moded dashe whatso ever in basic and inter..... is a start then bring back SPL in the format screw da ppl worried about blowing their wooofers its audio and then god forbid bring back RTA basically bring back the format from the 90
's and you would see more in attendance as well as keeping going with some of these cash prizes yall been doing that brings em out as well..... But all these you already know.... Those are in my opinion ways to help... As far as org a or b hell im confused now they suck for giving Ralph crap over the sharing points thing... Idiots dont realize it helps their org tooooo ....
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 pm

for a sport that is dyeing fast.. thats not a good way for Steve to be... but that ors is so fuckkked up any way ... no loss in my book!
Back to top Go down
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
for a sport that is dyeing fast.. thats not a good way for Steve to be... but that ors is so fuckkked up any way ... no loss in my book!

fornicate brand A & brand C USACI RULES KING! ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL

I agee also with jim do away with all the SQ fufu Dung Pile and bring back the hard core basics RTA and the format from when Sq was SQ and much more popular.

We at Loud And Clear use to be a big SQ store but we got tired of spending tons and tons of money to make the car work and look pretty just to have the crowd leave your car when the guy 2 cars over burped a 150 db out of a beater with plywood box!
SQ is cool but the kids want to see the pounders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?   USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USACI no longer allowed to use Brand B name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next