Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Street beat - Page 2 Vote_lcapStreet beat - Page 2 Voting_barStreet beat - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Street beat - Page 2 Vote_lcapStreet beat - Page 2 Voting_barStreet beat - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs contest Johncarr crzyblondgrl build quad finals silence drive dollar record kyle chef world stereo state Audiopipe 80inches records disc 2010 louisiana crank pics broken globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Street beat

Go down 
+25
STREETBEATZ19
TECH114
2loudcrew
BillGass
team treo
SBJL
bassahaulic
rd s10
bumpin s-10
scionsoloxb
thunderchicken
ibbangin
supadave
The_Rowlands
KickerRex
2003f150
Navi
Magoo
mod4000
bruce-bruce
Skip01
Johncarr
memphis_yota
sanman
mschwitz
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Street beat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Obviously some things need to be addressed in these classes. I will be starting this in the comitee section also for us to get feedback and discuss it. What do you feel is wrong with street beat now that we have a couple seasons with it? What are some possible solutions to these issues? Please keep this positive, no bashing or specific names or such. Just what needs to be fixed and how to fix it.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Same rules as for sub count but SB1= 1 amp, SB2=2 amps and so on. SB5 is for anyone not fitting in 1 through 4. Must be able to play all musical spectrum not just bass.

All USAC class's should make it that you must show owner ship of your vehicle. titles not bill of sales
Back to top Go down
Johncarr
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Johncarr

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Now are we unmanned for streetbeat for 09" scratch

Good idea Rob, if you are true streetbeat'r you will have the title in your name!! cheers

Bruce less rules got us where we are now affraid

Last edited by Johncarr on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Rob I think that would just make peopel go out and buy a big ass amp, and not solve much. I say less rules the better. run what ya brung. But deff need a disc.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Consumer sb is allowed to play whatebver they want.

pro sb. cert disc.
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Just my thoughts and add amp power limits
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:43 pm

mod4000 wrote:
Just my thoughts and add amp power limits

thoughts are appreciated, was just throwing it out there. and then do we really want to play the rating game in sb. as so many of us have already purchased equpment. all good thoughts valid points. hopefully somone takes all this and looks at it.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 pm

if you have a disc like so loud it hertz then that would be a start limiting people to herts limits your cars to a point. I also think you should get to defend your title if you wanted. Also what about making it as simple as you can only run 1 sb class per year and if you run sb class you may not compete in any other classes example if I compete in sb3 I can not compete in 0-1000 mod. to govern this you would also have to be a street beat member to run any sb class. meaning you have to diffrent memberships that you must use at shows to register. No 16volts all cars must be street legal with proper documentation etc. its simple enough to run easy enough to govern and new kids wouldnt shy away
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

I like pro use disc and consumer whatever.
Gettin somewhere now.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:58 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
And remember adding classes is never gonna be the best awnswer, so lets keep the thought process along the lines of minimal addition. Less classes=more competition=more fun.

I dont care anymore, win, loose or draw. I will have much fun.

I think adding the two classes I mentioned would level it out, give the bigger boys somewhere to move up to and keep the lower "consumer" class for the consumer. It's only two classes and really would solve alot of the issues, imo.

As for the official cd, everyone will have the same 10 songs to pick from. Everyone will have the same drops and breaks. Most of our new sb guys at shows use the usaci cd at first because they think it's loud music. Consumer is where the official cd should be mandatory. At least gives the new guy one thing that is level. We don't need an official "tone disc" like so loud it hertz. This class is supposed to be about systems that play MUSIC.
Back to top Go down
Johncarr
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Johncarr

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Mr Magoo has some very good points to consider study
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:00 pm

nowhere do i see anythign discussed about farting in the mic scratch
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I wouldn't like the cert cd in consumer cuz I play normal music already , Lil Jon , for my SB song 44hz

Maybe cert disc only for past competitors at SB finals or just winners. Dk
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Magoo does have a lot of good ideas. Hopefully we can get lots of ideas together and get this figured out. Many good ideas from all. I think we can make this work. Ralph, are you seeing this? Competitors discussing things in an orderly and organized fashion. I think this is some kind of first.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Consumer absoloutly does not need a cert disc, they wont understand why they have to use or. nor will they like the fact they cant play the music they bought. Its geared torwards everyday competitors. no need to throw them into this. after they use there stuff, then they can decide if they want to use the cert disc or not. Leave it up to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I say a frequency cap would be a good start.

Music needs to be dynamic, not 65 hz for 30 seconds. If you want to do that then start up a deathmatch class.

Also as stated, limiting the number of amps won't do much because then people will just buy bigger amps. If we used REAL amp ratings (not the b.s. 4 ohm ratings used now) then perhaps an amp limit would work.

I'd like to see more competition in this class. People that can play music daily and be able to demo, like bassrace. Right now all I see is spl burp machines dominating the lower classes.
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 pm

The certified disc would need to be used at finals. To attend finals you have to pay your membership and that comes with a cd. There is no reason a person couldn't be ready.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:38 pm

At least put a cap on the hz like it has been said here. like 53 hz and down or something. My truck can damn near play anything with authority in the real music range.
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I like the amp rules.. Cert cd maybe.. Idk.. But how bout the pro sb class is for the crx and s10.. Consumer classes are everthing else.. Everyone is complainin bout the one hit wonders and that's not gonna change so y not try this.. And if we really want ppl to get into it make a trunk class.. Stock and pro stock classes same rules just with a trunk car.. Biggest key is come out with rules before the new year and DON'T CHANGE THEM AT FINALS!! Get rules asap get them out to everyone and stick with them
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:10 pm

I think Evan has a good point. The new guys want to play out of the trunk they dont want to have to buy a special car for this. That is why I used my tracker for all but one year that I competed because I wanted to prove that a geo tracker is loud. On a local level I proved it over and over the last 2-3 years I proved it on a national level.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

yes but why not just cap the hz to like 55 at the highest?? True Street beaters can play from 30-55 hz very loudly with no problem.Also have to have highs playing. Should not make a class for certain vehicles IMO. These are just my opinion. I am not here to make any enemy's.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Someone will exploit the trunk easily, no reason to separate them from any other vehicle
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm

i can see both your points
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:44 pm

For 2 years the complaint has primarily been the music played that qualified a system as a street beater. No need to change classes just give a cd like every other class in USACi has to use and clarify the rules.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:30 pm

i aree the cd will show and yeild correct bar graphs and that will make it alot easier to see if there might be something going on that shouldnt be
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:18 pm

how about play whole song and song must be 1 minute 30 sec min...
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:35 pm

all you guys have some great points an i say the best points was coming from mike an john. the classes was geared towards the basic consumer an the cap on the hz idea is a good one but what if you peak at 56lol then what you do lol.
a cd would prolly scare the newcomers away but i say go by the membership if you purchased a membership for the first time you shouldn't have to use the cd, but if its your second year i think you should have too. usually our new comers are not registered members so they can use what they want but if you are a registered member then you should have to use the cert. sb cd.

i am likeing this guys this is a good thing now lets get ralph in here to see all this going on maybe he can use some of this in the eithics meeting when streetbeat is on the agenda
keep it coming guys
Back to top Go down
Johncarr
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Johncarr

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:09 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
how about play whole song and song must be 1 minute 30 sec min...

I think minute and half would end up cooking alot of equipment for ppl cheers
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 pm

not a street beater
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 pm

at finals have a pro sb1-5.... i dont think i think it's a good idea to force competitors to buy more equipment every year because they have to go up a class but seperate the classes from new people.....the one cd maybe.... but make the pro sb 1-5 more strict....
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Exactly, how pissed would our customers be if there system could only play for 30 sec before things started breaking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street beat   Street beat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street beat
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next