Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Vote_lcapresults - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Voting_barresults - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Vote_lcapresults - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Voting_barresults - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo world chef louisiana broken songs build state kyle crzyblondgrl Johncarr dollar disc silence records Audiopipe drive record pics globe quad 80inches 2010 crank finals contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

DDM3 Protest Results

Go down 
+30
dbracer79
zacdavis
TAMU
taz
84CRX
Jeff Sanford
Canaan
quad box
Moparbass28
ajhutson
RXZILLA
charlesestes
05gliguy
Stingraysevenout
ARMed&Bangin
Greg McCool
super stock crx
bumpin s-10
jkrob21
ibbangin
sanman
TECH114
Tim Schaffer
bigbass140
Talonesi
Gabe Sanchez
Skip01
PhatSam
TeamSpead-Kenny
BBGIC
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 DDM3PowerCube

Last edited by USACI on Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org

AuthorMessage
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:02 pm

I for one love seeing the results in this format published for us to see

thanx Ralphy pooooooh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Good job on the heads up protest, and results and senarios.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Bruce...We need to make a sticky of who the regional reps are. There are still some peole out there that don't even realize we have a competitors committee to take on issues for them. study
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
Above Average Contributor
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Before I say anything I want it known that no one on our team has ran or planned to run an M3 this season, so I don't want anyone saying I'm commenting on this subject because it directly effects me. Got it LOL

Tech114 said it best...people spend there hard earned money on this sport for what....to find out ther fricken 1000 dollar amp is no good anymore????? This needs to stop...period..before everyone gets smart and quits because they can't afford it anymore. Ralph, you seriously need to figure out a way to stop the money wasting, in order for USACI or any other organization to grow it has to be competitor friendly...in other words.. not a waste of money. I mean competitors trust a rating to be correct, they shouldn't have to worry about not wasting there money because some lab somewhere tested there amp and oops our results say it's 50 watts over....sorry kid... your screwed. This is rediculous.
I do a ton of testing and I know for sure there are atleast 3 other amps out there that are certified that are stronger on 4 ohm than the M3. If you'd like I can get a video of it and show you all....same subs same batts, same cd player everything. The M3 got protested because it is strong at low ohm loads and won at finals...not because it is strong at 4 ohm because it is not. The problem has been and always will be the way the power classes are set up. The classes themselves are fine...love em actually.. it's how the power rating of the amps is applied to the classes that is flawed. This issue needs addressed and solved soon.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:12 pm

I also gotta agree that if some amps where tested and given a 30% tolerance they need to be retested at 20%...but man what a fricken mess that will be. How in the world are you going to get ahold of all those amps and get them retested? And what if an amp that WAS USACI certified now fails...and a bunch of competitors may have gone and bought those amps and are using them in the confidense that they wouldn't have to worry about them ever being in question? Then what? Tell them all..."oops sorry guess you have to go buy another amp" my bad. This opens up a huge can o' worms.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:21 pm

bumpin s-10 wrote:
I also gotta agree that if some amps where tested and given a 30% tolerance they need to be retested at 20%...but man what a fricken mess that will be. How in the world are you going to get ahold of all those amps and get them retested? And what if an amp that WAS USACI certified now fails...and a bunch of competitors may have gone and bought those amps and are using them in the confidense that they wouldn't have to worry about them ever being in question? Then what? Tell them all..."oops sorry guess you have to go buy another amp" my bad. This opens up a huge can o' worms.

good point ! not that any system is perfect, but this one needs work and then when it's fixed leave it alone, changing it from 30 to 20 seems to be a good idea......but not considering all the money that has been spent on amps that are worthless to the compititors! what about all the money that has been spent contesting amps that passed under old rules that wouldn't pass under tha new one's???? all that money has to be paid again????? to really get the playing fields even they do need to be retested under the new rules....
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:23 pm

i still think usaci is da $hit.....lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm

lol wow what prg cant you turn it up in i thought they were all about being the loudest
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

Number of posts : 1834
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:58 pm

USACI wrote:
This post was FYI and to get POSITIVE INPUT, not the negative crap.

Why are people talking about quittin? People are quitting because we follow the rules? People are quitting because, bacause, because. Nascar, AMA, IHRA, NHRA, and every other sanction in the WORLD has to deal with the same issues. This is nothing new to any sport. We do our best and try to stick with it.

As for the results, everything is fine until someone gets results they do not like. Last year it was our test bench that was the problem according to most of the posts. This year it is something else (20% rule). Every time we fix one thing there are three others that pop up. If the amp passed there would be another group angry because it 30% is TOO EASY! This never ends. Show me any set of rules for ANY ORG and I iwl show you 20 problems and 30 ways to get around them. You cannot get around the human factor.

These rules have been posted and are not a suprise. As for the 20% vs 30%, that issue CAN BE reveiwed by the competitor commitee if they choose to. If you have an issue, use the avenue that was put out there for you to use. We have not made a final determination as of this time and plan to contact DD to get their input and review the USACI and CEA rules prior to a final decision.

However, using this protest result and this topis as an excuse to Slam USACI, create dissention, or promote your "other favorite org" will be reason for immediate removal from the forums and USACI.

We welcome opinions, not agenda's.

i like pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:05 pm

So how manyand what amps got protested with the 30% rule?
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:06 pm

All from the years prior to 07
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:09 pm

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
Wonder if Aaron(ArmedandBanging) ordered his amp yet?

Thankfully not---whew....dodged that bullet.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:11 pm

PD 2000 3 times
M 1 1 time
crossfire ??
ohhhhhhh gesh it was a few more dammit. Hmmmm i dont know what tha fizzzzzzzzzzuck. Not sure what the fix would be.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Turning it all the way up on amps that end up getting rerated is getting old tho. I don't have the perfect solultion for it but there has to be something better. I honestly am only upset because I hate to see consumers waste there very hard earned money. The M3 for example... I spoke with Steve directly on the amp way back when they first came out. He provided me with there bench test data and all looked (and still does ) look good. I told him that I did not want to be selling amps that would end up being paperweights. I didn't want to sell the amps to my customers and feel guilty later. Bruce was one of those customers... he can attest to the fact that the amps SHOULD be legit. Anyway whether or not the amp is legit is not my point. USACI must come up with a system that does not continue to have the possiblility of wasting consumers money.
How many people do you think feel totally ripped off from buying used amps from fellow competitors that sold there's earlier in the year??? It was not intentional but I'm sure the people that bought them didn't think they'd be in question later or they wouldn't have bought them . There is also the issue of finals being won with a rerated amp, records set with rerated amps etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I do feel this amp to be legit for the class. I think after its all said and done, we can come up with a way that suits everyone. and works for the better of the consumer and the org.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:44 pm

hope it dont take to long hitting a show in june
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:50 pm

I am a member of the committe and have already added to the discussion that Bruce has started. Please voice your concerns to us on this matter.
Back to top Go down
05gliguy
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:13 pm

I hope a decision is made on this soon. Not for my sake but for the sake of others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:16 pm

We will move on this as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:33 pm

i dont think it wouldve passed at 30%. the test was done at 13.8v not 14.4 like the others. .6vs will make more power and it was only passing by 4ws as it was. you guys keep talking about people getting stuck with paperweights, move up a class if your amps does to much power or stop buying amps that ride the line so closely. like the old saying goes,"if you play with fire, your bound to get burned!" everyone is constantly crying about this or that, these rules are the same as they've always been. they havent changed. deal with them or stfu and go somewhere else!build your car, put it in the lanes, and hold your head up, win lose or draw! crying about someones amp isnt going to help you win, it just makes you sund like a little "Female dog"!
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:37 pm

charlesestes wrote:
i dont think it wouldve passed at 30%. the test was done at 13.8v not 14.4 like the others. .6vs will make more power and it was only passing by 4ws as it was. you guys keep talking about people getting stuck with paperweights, move up a class if your amps does to much power or stop buying amps that ride the line so closely. like the old saying goes,"if you play with fire, your bound to get burned!" everyone is constantly crying about this or that, these rules are the same as they've always been. they havent changed. deal with them or stfu and go somewhere else!build your car, put it in the lanes, and hold your head up, win lose or draw! crying about someones amp isnt going to help you win, it just makes you sund like a little "Female dog"!

WOW.... can't say that any better. For once I completly agree with Charles.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:39 pm

I usually agree only cause I'm afraid he might beat me up.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:43 pm

i dont beat u up sam, i just smack you on the head with my large penis! it all done out of love man!
Back to top Go down
ajhutson
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ajhutson

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:47 pm

how about we use the same amp and let the build do the talking then we will see who knows their stuff ^^^oh wait and then they will start protesting subs when they get beat
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:49 pm

thats why I always feel like a baby seal
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:55 pm

is that a challenge to me ajhutson? or am i reading into it to much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:12 am

anyone remember when the M3 first came out and on dd's website it said 2700 watts then mysteriously a week later it was changed to 2400 watts??????
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:14 am

charlesestes wrote:
i dont beat u up sam, i just smack you on the head with my large penis! it all done out of love man!
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:15 am

Also, I found this post ... that means the change from 30% to 20% should not have taken place.

Subject: Re: 2008 Rules Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:36 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be no rules changes for 2008. Same classes as well.

No waiting on rules or worrying about changes. No reason to get a late start on the season. Go out and build!

AS for a members meeting. We will have a memebrs meeting, most likely in conjunction with a large event, later in the season to discuss 2009. Expect mid Jine or July will be the time.
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:26 am

kickercrx wrote:
anyone remember when the M3 first came out and on dd's website it said 2700 watts then mysteriously a week later it was changed to 2400 watts??????

I just happen to stumble on this thread..

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=4748
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDM3 Protest Results
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next