Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
results - DDM3 Protest Results Vote_lcapresults - DDM3 Protest Results Voting_barresults - DDM3 Protest Results Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
results - DDM3 Protest Results Vote_lcapresults - DDM3 Protest Results Voting_barresults - DDM3 Protest Results Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state world quad songs crzyblondgrl Audiopipe kyle 2010 drive louisiana chef dollar globe records 80inches broken finals record contest disc stereo build pics Johncarr crank silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

DDM3 Protest Results

Go down 
+30
dbracer79
zacdavis
TAMU
taz
84CRX
Jeff Sanford
Canaan
quad box
Moparbass28
ajhutson
RXZILLA
charlesestes
05gliguy
Stingraysevenout
ARMed&Bangin
Greg McCool
super stock crx
bumpin s-10
jkrob21
ibbangin
sanman
TECH114
Tim Schaffer
bigbass140
Talonesi
Gabe Sanchez
Skip01
PhatSam
TeamSpead-Kenny
BBGIC
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

results - DDM3 Protest Results Empty
PostSubject: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:02 pm

results - DDM3 Protest Results DDM3PowerCube

Last edited by USACI on Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:07 pm

These amps will be up for sale soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
PhatSam
Above Average Contributor
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:10 pm

so it didn't pass? Wasn't it allowed to do 780 and pass. Or has te tolerance changed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:17 pm

yeah i thought it was 20 %
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Who did the testing?
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I thought it was 30%. I dunno
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:22 pm

http://www.soundoff.org/supportfiles/07splrules.pdf
A USACI member may protest the output of any brand and model of amplifier. The protest
procedure will entail the member sending a letter of protest to the USACI office containing the
make and model of the amplifier to be protested. A $300 nonrefundable protest fee must
accompany this request. USACI will acquire the amplifier and test the amplifiers at the USACI
offices in order ascertain if the amplifier’s actual output falls within the published output specified
by the manufacturer. If this amplifier is found to produce 120% or more of its rated power, that
amplifier will be disqualified until the manufacturer correctly rates that amplifier. The USACI
rating standard is 14.4 volts with a 4 ohm non-inductive load measured at 62hz at 1% THD.

Late last year we did a press release and switched to an independant lab wit far superior equipment for the testing in order to maitain the integrity of the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:24 pm

yeah i think your right sam, cuase i remember when i was running the 20.1's darville told me i was lucky cause they did 584 and only passed by 1 watt so that would have been 30%
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks Ralph. That cleared it up. I still on the old 30%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:26 pm

kickercrx wrote:
yeah i think your right sam, cuase i remember when i was running the 20.1's darville told me i was lucky cause they did 584 and only passed by 1 watt so that would have been 30%

i guess that info must have been wrong then from what ralph said, but the time i was talking was in 06 though so maybe it was diff then

Last edited by kickercrx on Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:29 pm

It has changed in the last yr or so.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm

2006 was 30%. Everyone was puching the line and in 07 we went to 20% to tighten things up and keep the field level.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:34 pm

So do I protest my own amp to get it to be a official rating. I have what the Manfact. says. But want to be safe
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:35 pm

haha that sucks for a few
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Wonder if Aaron(ArmedandBanging) ordered his amp yet?
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:38 pm

USACI wrote:
2006 was 30%. Everyone was puching the line and in 07 we went to 20% to tighten things up and keep the field level.

If this is true, then that means all the amps that were tested under the 30% limit must be rerated as well. That is only fair at this point.

I will take this up with the member committe as well.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
USACI wrote:

If this is true, then that means all the amps that were tested under the 30% limit must be rerated as well. That is only fair at this point.

Your correct on that cant rerate some amps different from others in the past!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm

that is true, but who knows if usaci even still has the results to see what the actual results were, or if they just know that they passed, of course back then using differant benches and equipment to get the test results, well that is a big can of worms right there
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:47 pm

so are you allowed 4 strikes or is it 3?
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:54 pm

fail at 13.8 i had to drop my m3 down too 13.2 to keep it from going into protect.

i will have both of my m3's up forsale shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:58 pm

bigbass140 wrote:
fail at 13.8 i had to drop my m3 down too 13.2 to keep it from going into protect. .

??????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:02 pm

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
Gabe Sanchez wrote:
USACI wrote:

Your correct on that cant rerate some amps different from others in the past!

this is very true it should have stayed 30% no matter what because every amp that is tested after is at a disavantage. and this amp would have passed on the old limit. and if you read the 1 ohm it passes for 0-600 less than stated by dd 2400@1 and if you read the bottom sweep test for power it passes also with 600 @ 4ohm and that test was with a (actual vehicle power supply) 13.8v so its more real for us because we all play diff hz

Last edited by Tim Schaffer on Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:03 pm

the great amp debat. here we go again. spend your hard earned money for an amp and then what. This is the reason people are quitting this sport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm

This post was FYI and to get POSITIVE INPUT, not the negative crap.

Why are people talking about quittin? People are quitting because we follow the rules? People are quitting because, bacause, because. Nascar, AMA, IHRA, NHRA, and every other sanction in the WORLD has to deal with the same issues. This is nothing new to any sport. We do our best and try to stick with it.

As for the results, everything is fine until someone gets results they do not like. Last year it was our test bench that was the problem according to most of the posts. This year it is something else (20% rule). Every time we fix one thing there are three others that pop up. If the amp passed there would be another group angry because it 30% is TOO EASY! This never ends. Show me any set of rules for ANY ORG and I iwl show you 20 problems and 30 ways to get around them. You cannot get around the human factor.

These rules have been posted and are not a suprise. As for the 20% vs 30%, that issue CAN BE reveiwed by the competitor commitee if they choose to. If you have an issue, use the avenue that was put out there for you to use. We have not made a final determination as of this time and plan to contact DD to get their input and review the USACI and CEA rules prior to a final decision.

However, using this protest result and this topis as an excuse to Slam USACI, create dissention, or promote your "other favorite org" will be reason for immediate removal from the forums and USACI.

We welcome opinions, not agenda's.

Last edited by USACI on Thu May 15, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:40 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Who did the testing?

The testing facility is noted in the report.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:43 pm

These rules have been posted and are not a suprise. As for the 20% vs 30%, that issue CAN BE reveiwed by the competitor commitee if they choose to. If you have an issue, use the avenue that was put out there for you to use.

cool that is a good option thanks Ralph
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:52 pm

20% seems fair to me. Levels the feild that much more. I think the comitee is the way to go on the 20% vs 30%, but I say leave it at 20%. Only option I can think is that previous amps can be re protested
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:54 pm

this was suppose to be the most bullet proof 0-600 amp out there and it failed man lol let me go see how many are for sale now
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm

people spend alot of money and then usaci changes and those changes cost people alot of money sometimes it seems that this is not taken into consideration..... im debating on going to finals this year because of what happened last year with the streat beat thing.....don't know if i will be willing to risk something happening like that again..... i still like to compete it's just that that was a real sudden change of rules for no reason....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Ralph has contacted me, the competitors committee will be discussing this, you input is desired. Contact your regional reps. Ralph does wanr are input on what we would like to see. Old 30% new 20% what do yall want, now is the time to be heard.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDM3 Protest Results   results - DDM3 Protest Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDM3 Protest Results
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next