Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
check this out - Page 2 Vote_lcapcheck this out - Page 2 Voting_barcheck this out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
check this out - Page 2 Vote_lcapcheck this out - Page 2 Voting_barcheck this out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
silence stereo crzyblondgrl Johncarr world chef kyle broken drive quad records state globe Audiopipe pics 2010 louisiana finals build 80inches dollar disc record contest crank songs
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

check this out

Go down 
+26
iowan
Big Ed
bumpin s-10
aphinney
Talonesi
HellRzR
Twisted Image
scoupen
AudioAnonymous
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
slumpinhonda
PhatSam
Nice
sanman
TECH114
Greg McCool
TAMU
Kicker Kevin
Stingraysevenout
Cactus Sounds
Navi
djman37
05gliguy
solo1
gameoverstreeta
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

check this out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

check this out - Page 2 Pict5515

Last edited by gameoverstreeta on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 pm

sanman wrote:
im just bringing up a fact that from what I read over on the pther org was valid that we dont wanna buy amps for them to go unlimited like other amps have done

that FACT was that he had rockford fosgate europe do a amp mod. he was proud of that mod. and thought it was legal. the first thing he did show the rileys when he got to the show. people didnt like it said it wasnt legal and he changed it. back to factory. and then won fair. so dont be tryn to make things look bad when you dont know the whole story thats just another little part that you prob didnt know.

lets keep this positive

and yes the reason his 600w amp and 1000w amp isnt out is because he is having them go to ralph before anyone can get em to make sure no one gets screwed. i really dont even know of another company that will pay to protest his own amp to make sure its legal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 pm

He isnt paying to protest his own amps. He is paying to have them USACi certified. Usaci has offered this for a couple yrs now. A VERY BIG UP TO CACTUS FOR DOING THIS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 pm

it has two remote turn on wire inputs, is this two boards in one amp?
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
He isnt paying to protest his own amps. He is paying to have them USACi certified. Usaci has offered this for a couple yrs now. A VERY BIG UP TO CACTUS FOR DOING THIS.

true i miss wrote what i was tryn to say. lol
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 pm

I didnt see anything in the rules about moded amps any way...
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
I didnt see anything in the rules about moded amps any way...

well lets just say this will come 100% cactus loud. no mods needed Shocked
Back to top Go down
05gliguy
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 pm

check this out - Page 2 Woot
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Damm. The amps are not even out yet and getting all this attention. They have a nice look to them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
he said sweep..hehehehe

Fix that .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:56 pm

thats because some people aready know they have been asked if they get an amp that has been highly modded if it would be legal of course it wont be because not every one has the ablity to get this amp this way

James I stated what i was reading at the time it happend now if my nose was up his ass yes i would know the whole story but mine is clean not brown.

and I never said he didnt win that year either since you feel the need to throw that in there
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

nose it clean its call being a team captain u kindof just need to know your company and team members. and i didnt say u said he didnt win just some people seem to think that he got caught in rounds i didnt even make it through judging and then fixd the problem.

and u cant buy amps and get em mod after the fact. cactus sells everyone that buys his product that same product!

sorry u just seem to want to hate on everyone. im not going to talk trash. ive already stated i wont. good luck this year with your rides. c u at finals.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

and u cant buy amps and get em mod after the fact. cactus sells everyone that buys his product that same product!

i think you meant to say you can buy amps then have them modded didnt you

im not hating on shit man but i know someone that was wasked if he would run cactus amps that were modded thats all
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:08 am

I have a hard time believing that Cactus is going to build a 600 watt amp that only does 2400 watts, and a 1000 watt amp that only does 4000 watts.
Neither one of them will be more powerful than the M3 or 40.1, respectively.
Sounds like he is taking a loss from the start.
I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 am

the amps dont have to do 600w they just have to pass the test u are aloud to go over the 600w by some %. not sure what he just dont what people to buy an amp then get em dq'ed or put in unlimmited he is looking out for people that want to support the product. some company's put out amps knowing the power they can do and try to slide it through 4 finals. but if that amp gets rerated before finals those people are screwed. or has to spend alot more money to get a new amp. the M3 and 40.1 dont do the power they say they are underrated like any good amp company would do but they seem be under the limit. so they work.

if cactus sells an amp anyone that has the amp can and will have the same amp if for some reason he sold an amp and had a mod for it its not for just one person it will be for all people. but he has these amps coming out 4 usac and the rules so if he has found mods for his amps it wont be in the ones in power rated classes if it makes em stronger than the limit. thats even if you can get an amp mod. he builds his amps to do power. he has em made to preform at the best possible.

his amps will be out and one day we all can do our own power testing and just see how strong they really are. and decide if we want to run em or not but i would have to think once they are in the car i dont think anyone would want to take em out.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 am

sanman wrote:
thats because some people aready know they have been asked if they get an amp that has been highly modded if it would be legal of course it wont be because not every one has the ablity to get this amp this way

James I stated what i was reading at the time it happend now if my nose was up his ass yes i would know the whole story but mine is clean not brown.

and I never said he didnt win that year either since you feel the need to throw that in there

If that was the case I know alot of ppl with moded amps now! so take there reccords away?... NOPE! there is NO rule about moded amps that Ive seen at this time

have a nice day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:07 am

sanman wrote:

yet again Jeff, you READ TOO MUCH into stuff, without knowing the whole story.

Let the concert play, before you say they suck and up and leave...not before they hit the stage.

Positive post=good
negative post= wasting time

If the amps are getting tested, PRIOR to release, then there should not be any issues.

/end of story
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 am

no you guys are trying to over talk what i wrote to make it look positive one of your own guys was told he can get the amp built to what he wants after they pass man dont play pitty games with me Tracey.

Fare is Fare no matter who it is.

when i said some people have already been asked do you relly think im making all this up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Let them get paassed, BEFORE passing judgement.
I have no time for 'pitty games'

Fair, would be wait and see...than assume.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:57 pm

im not in this post to get into wether this amp is, can, or will be modded, but i keep seeing some of you guys coming back to usaci posting what you think the rules are in various posts, have you guys even read the rules lately? it has been in the rules about modded amps since before you guys gave up usaci a few years ago, and it still in there today, so you guys might want to read the rules and quit saying the rules are this or that when you dont really know the answer.

here it is plain as day

"Competitors whose systems include amplifiers that are not manufacturer rated, are modified
internally, or not commercially available will be required to compete in the unlimited power class
of their respective division."

so there it is, modded amps are not allowed, except for the unlimited power classes, matbe you guys should take a quick glance at the rules before your next show

also the idea on the amp rating test isnt to test it, then subtract the 20% tolerance and call that your rating, its so that an amp can be rated at X amount and still be able to pass because it might be a tad bit above it's rating since each individual amp a manufactorer makes tends do do slightly differant power than the next one on the shelf, some a tad bit more, some a tad less, but still be able to have that rating
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:14 pm

I thought it was a 30% tolerance. Did it change?
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:19 pm

"120% or more of its rated power" 750 watt amp should only do 900 at 4 ohm.........750 times 120% (750*1.2)=900
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:20 pm

kickercrx wrote:
im not in this post to get into wether this amp is, can, or will be modded, but i keep seeing some of you guys coming back to usaci posting what you think the rules are in various posts, have you guys even read the rules lately? it has been in the rules about modded amps since before you guys gave up usaci a few years ago, and it still in there today, so you guys might want to read the rules and quit saying the rules are this or that when you dont really know the answer.

here it is plain as day

"Competitors whose systems include amplifiers that are not manufacturer rated, are modified
internally, or not commercially available will be required to compete in the unlimited power class

so there it is, modded amps are not allowed, except for the unlimited power classes, matbe you guys should take a quick glance at the rules before your next show

help me out ... give me a link for this!
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:20 pm

so if the amp does over that 120% then it will be rerated as such
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:21 pm

BTW sweep had a car at finals scence 1999 and u?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Ok, question Chad, an amp that has the OVP (over voltage protection) removed, is that now, classified as 'unlimited power class"

internally
, or not commercially available will be required to compete in the unlimited power class
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Heres the deal Cataus has been haten on for years ... U know Y?

cus He’s on Top!

U not getting hating on.... U not on top!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm

yup it is cause it is modded hell an amp with a pot in it gets moved to unlimited cause it allows more voltage to go in therefore producing more voltage

Tracey I dont care who you are man it doesnt negate the fact that an amp can pass then be modded for certain people. Agreed or not thats all I am asking you at this time.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Polecat wrote:
Ok, question Chad, an amp that has the OVP (over voltage protection) removed, is that now, classified as 'unlimited power class"

internally
, or not commercially available will be required to compete in the unlimited power class

The only point that needs to be made!

Last edited by Greg McCool on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm

I would say this is applicable to stock class. being that this class allows high voltage, a mod to the amp to accept the rules would then be applicable. Now in STOCK i could see this not being applicable or allowed.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

SO whats to keep him from senidng usac an amp thats been scaled down to pass off a lower rating and then selling the normal amps? Too many flaws IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: check this out   check this out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

check this out
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next