Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
So how was Finals - Page 3 Vote_lcapSo how was Finals - Page 3 Voting_barSo how was Finals - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
So how was Finals - Page 3 Vote_lcapSo how was Finals - Page 3 Voting_barSo how was Finals - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe contest world Johncarr crank state drive records stereo 80inches pics dollar build crzyblondgrl broken finals record louisiana disc silence globe kyle quad 2010 chef songs
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

So how was Finals

Go down 
+18
mschwitz
SQRSX
dlechner
Bill Pleasant
SQLAltima
sqmustang
MHLY01
txcomp
blkaudi
RODNEYGREEN
tijuana_no
jkrob21
Chris's Studio Civic
Jan Bennett
jsketoe
SQ-LS400
OnYrMrk
jayhawkblk
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

So how was Finals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

So how was Finals this year guys?

Any results?

How was turn out?

I wish I was there hope everyone had a great time and got home safe.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Chef,

I have had many a long talk with James. From a disgruntled competitor ( I judged his car ) to a friend. And the one thing I have never picked up on is the "poser" characterization.

I think for the both of you, while you guys are still "somewhat" civilized, take this to another venue to vent your frustrations.

This thread is not the place to do this. Just a suggestion.

--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I am in total agreement with you OnYrMrk!! I shouldnt have let him get to me like that. I apologize. It is just when someone questions my integrity and charachter it is real offensive. This is the last time that I will write about that. The event was something special. I will download some pics and I am not sure where to post them? But I will get some out there for ya. my friend Cesar has a ton!! Maybe I can get him to give me a few on my memory stick. This thread is awesome!!! As far as the whole Chef thing goes, I am done. He doesnt exist so I am back on my good natured self again hahahaha. Cant wait till i see everyone again!!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:48 pm

If you guys want, I can host the pics on my web site for a while.

I'd like to get y'alls pics as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm

dont worry its far from over pumpkin
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 pm

now everyone...please pay attention to Joe's bunny with a pancake on its head. LOL
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Jan, where would I send the pics at? It may be a few days still till I get those to ya. I still havent unpacked yet hahaha. That would be awesome if there was a site specifically for the cars that was at finals. Just let me know k. Again, thanx for your hospitality this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:31 pm

I love bunnies with pancake's on their heads...bunnies!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:37 pm

James - do you know how to FTP?
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 pm

FTP?
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:58 pm

hrmmm....just email them to me in a .zip file. Wink

I'll end up adding them to the DIY thread that I linked to over here. That way all of the pics are in the same place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 pm

when people ask me who won at finals...a friend in arlington, texas explained it ALL too well....follow the money
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:53 pm

That's such b.s.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Chef - what the hell is your problem?!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 pm

Kyle...who's class were you in?
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:28 pm

cadencechef wrote:
when people ask me who won at finals...a friend in arlington, texas explained it ALL too well....follow the money

Why are you so upset about the results of finals?

What has brought on this resentment for the winners of each class?

No one ever said this was a cheap hobby, BUT ust because someone dumps a ton of money in a car doesn't mean it will win.

jsketoe wrote:

John, he competed in Intermediate Consumer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm

cadencechef wrote:

Dude why are you still clouding up my thread. Find something else to do. I gather you did not do well at finals? Are you really that angry about it or is there more to it? What ever it was let it go. It is in the past now. You cant control what happened yesterday you can only live for today and hope for tomorrow. It is just car audio it cant be that serious. Please let it go. Smile it will make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:31 pm

jsketoe wrote:

John, he competed in Intermediate Consumer.[/quote]

I guess it is a good think I did not make it out this year or he would have beef with me too since I have an expensive car and nice stuff. ROFL
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Kyle...why don't you just compete in Q if you think the classes are won by money. How about that? Unless you can't do a 2 seater in the PT....there's a lot of processing available now but installation is more important. But that's money, right?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 pm

I know Rod told me to bite my tounge and Marquies would like this crapola out of his thread. But You guys know I can't resist a good old fashioned USACi forum sh!t talking session.

Chef get over it already. I am willing to bet you your PITA Cruiser that you make more money than me. It is not how much money you throw at a car it is the time you take to do things to the book. You can do much of this work yourself. Catch "deals" on materials and such. Take your time (you have all year) dedicate it to making your car follow the rules to a T.

I am on a strict budget myself. And I work alot which doesn't give me alot of free time to work on the truck. That's why you don't see alot of suede and fiberglass work in the truck. It looks okay but everyone knows it could be better. Much like you, my truck is a daily driver and I work out of it. Buck up and work on the car or give up on this hobby.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Ah JR I thought you were gonna let him have it...... But you made an excellent point. I hope he hears and listens to it. All the money in the world wont make you a winner. Prime example the yankees. Note I am a die hard yankees fan but they spend more money than any other team and cant always bring home the goods. Heck Kyle I dont know you but I am willing to help you with your car if you are willing to put the bitterness aside and just have fun.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:16 am

[quote="jayhawkblk"]Ah JR I thought you were gonna let him have it...... But you made an excellent point.

Ohh...I'm not done yet! You won't see this from other folks. Chef claims it's all about the money. Well I disagree. It's more about the dedication.

So how was Finals - Page 3 CheckStub

That is my paycheck stub. Surely you can see that I don't have alot of money to throw at this sport.
Back to top Go down
SQLAltima
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:04 pm

The money I have in my system doesn't come close to the amount of time I have in my system.

I haven't been at my house a single weekend since June. Every weekend I was working on my vehicle, going to shows to get judge's feedback, or working on someone else's vehicle getting them ready for finals. Several days during the week--AFTER work doing the same.

I was sick at finals because for the last month or more I've been working about 60-70 hours a week and THEN going to work on my car. I've been living on around 3 or 4 hours sleep a night during that time.

To say I won because of money is a complete joke. Everyone I know has been helping with me with my vehicle. From friends, fellow competitors, hell my girlfriend helped do my install book. None have asked for any money---they just invested their time.

The people who invest the most time win. They can have their car and win, or they can take your car and they will win with it--because they will work to make the car win.

Quit making excuses for your placement. If the judges will still talk to you, call them up and ask them where your car needs work. Then work on those areas. It may be as simple as an insufficient photobook. You may need more tuning. You may have an install error that needs to be fixed. I didn't see a single perfect car at the show. Several of us are already planning for next year. That's work--not money. Do it and you'll be on stage next year.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 pm

SQLAltima wrote:
The people who invest the most time win. They can have their car and win, or they can take your car and they will win with it--because they will work to make the car win.

I'd like to add a little something to this...

the people who invest the most time INTELLIGENTLY will will. Wink

The money thing doesn't follow us either. This past year has been INCREDIBLY tough on us, as it has for many people.

We love this sport so we dedicate ourselves to it. We determine what we want to do to the car by finals the next year and we set out a plan so that it's not such a heavy hit in the pocket book all at once. We spread it out over the year and keep to that plan.

To say that those who win their class are the one's that dump money into it is really a slap in the face to a lot of us. You might wan to consider your comments before you post them again, Chef.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Was this the PT criuser in front of Johns truck?

I could make a few more comments on this. But this is soooo rediculous I don't think that I need to. I have won IASCA AND USACI WF with a completely DIY install and equipment that I bought myself.

Chef, straighten your attitude, make some friends and HAVE FUN!!!
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Hahahahaha, ummmm nice!!!! Way to make friends Chef! hahahaha! Besides why are you calling me pumpkin? kinda funny lol. Attitude adjustment is an understatement! Also, yes it was the pt in front of Johns truck. Anyways, hey lechner - it was nice seeing ya at finals!! We need to get together and think of some stuff to do this upcoming season. Eventhough you are a hybrid boy!!! hahahaha, what do ya think?
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:47 pm

sqmustang wrote:
Hahahahaha, ummmm nice!!!! Way to make friends Chef! hahahaha! Besides why are you calling me pumpkin? kinda funny lol. Attitude adjustment is an understatement! Also, yes it was the pt in front of Johns truck. Anyways, hey lechner - it was nice seeing ya at finals!! We need to get together and think of some stuff to do this upcoming season. Eventhough you are a hybrid boy!!! hahahaha, what do ya think?

I am game homie! Teams aside, we need to get together and get some shows this way. I also forsee some sort of SQ summit coming in 2009! Hang tight!
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Daaaayum John, remind me to get you a case or two of beer the next time I see you!! I'm sure I owe it to you. Your paycheck reminds me of my military paychecks when I was an E1 and E2...
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:45 pm

thanks pumpkin for your concern Smile im touched
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 pm

txcomp wrote:
Daaaayum John, remind me to get you a case or two of beer the next time I see you!! I'm sure I owe it to you. Your paycheck reminds me of my military paychecks when I was an E1 and E2...

I'm obviously not getting rich in car audio huh. There have been many weeks of Ramen Noodle and Mac and Cheese dinners for myself and my wife. We still live in a one bedroom apt. I've got 2 1/2 more years to go before I'm allowed to petition to have my child support reduced. It is still being pulled out of my paycheck at the same rate that was set 8 years ago when I was a restaurant manager making over $40k a year.

But I don't let the lack of income get in the way of my most favorite thing in the world next to my family. Those Ramen Noodle dinners help insure that I have gas money for the next show.

I'm very lucky to have a wife that supports me in the manner that she does. She sarifices a lot in order for me to enjoy what I do.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Here ya go Marquise!

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals014

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals015

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals016

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals017

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals018

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals019

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals020

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals021

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals022

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals023

So how was Finals - Page 3 2008WorldFinals024