Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
So how was Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
So how was Finals Vote_lcapSo how was Finals Voting_barSo how was Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
So how was Finals Vote_lcapSo how was Finals Voting_barSo how was Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank records finals 2010 stereo Johncarr world drive Audiopipe silence 80inches disc broken crzyblondgrl chef songs record pics contest louisiana state kyle globe build dollar quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

So how was Finals

Go down 
+18
mschwitz
SQRSX
dlechner
Bill Pleasant
SQLAltima
sqmustang
MHLY01
txcomp
blkaudi
RODNEYGREEN
tijuana_no
jkrob21
Chris's Studio Civic
Jan Bennett
jsketoe
SQ-LS400
OnYrMrk
jayhawkblk
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm

So how was Finals this year guys?

Any results?

How was turn out?

I wish I was there hope everyone had a great time and got home safe.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Turnout was decent. Still seemed down..but I don't know the full numbers.

show was fun, for the time that I was there. Didn't stay for awards assembly so I don't know the current standings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 pm

My car sucked, so everyone can stop calling me out. Smile
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:36 pm

I think there was a couple of more cars than last year. I'll wait for Buwalda's press release for our Team or results post from USACi for a full list.
I will say this however....there were quite a few new cars to the lanes that really helped push the envelope for even the established cars. There was some nice stuff there this year. I feel it was a very large improvement in cars overall. The vets got better as well.
The Best of Show round was the absolute pinnacle of the weekend though. We had our same as last year curb appeal and showmanship part that narrowed the field to a top 13. From there it was old-skool at it's finest. First round was install, second round was sound, third round brought in install and sound again by some greats in our sport. Guys I was honored to have in my car. Gary Biggs, Mickey Brones, Mark Eldridge, Robert Albes, Chris Pate, and Tyrone Chestnut. These guys were happy to be asked to help and it really showed. After everything was over I talked with Mickey for a long time...it really hit me then how cool that was to be in the final top three and having our Team have two of the top three. Jan won Best of Show and deserved every bit of it. To know I was right there with her on scoring really made me feel good about the Buick. Point is...this was truly a pure bragging rights best of show. You knew after the dust settled where your car stood over the rest of the floor. Nice. Great idea, Tim.
It's nice to be home, and a World Champ again...but it was also a great weekend with an awesome judging staff, good friends that crossed team boundaries and some hardware to boot.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Sweet weekend! I too agree with John's comments about BOS and the turn out.

Seems that SQ is back on the rise again! Let's keep it going guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Well, I guess you can stay in intermediate for another year Lou!
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm

I thought it was fun. Had a great time judging the "almost BOS Round" LOL! Everyone was great, and there was alot of great cars this year. Congrats to all! Special props to Performance Audio for sponsoring the event! Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 pm

LOL...Chris is getting at the fact that Tim gave the floor the oppurtunity to vote whether the Experts could enter BOS or not. Everyone turned on them except like 1 or 2. It was rather humorous. Sorry guys...but it was good for a big laugh.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Man I am really angery now that chick my car. Sounds like you guys had a good time and there was great comp. Well I get my car back in about 2 weeks. I will start building again because this year I wanna run with some of the bigger dogs ie Sketoe so I am moving myself to Advanced. I cant wait SQ sounds like it is on the comeback trail.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Some one send me some pics please.
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 pm

I need to practice my azn presentation voice. I guess it sound fake. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Sketoe.....it was a very comical moment....for sure! LOL
Back to top Go down

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:00 pm

its proof that if you have a bunch of money to blow on a flashy and pretty system your obviously going to win
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm

what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Jan...I'd ignore him.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey Marquise...John and Don are going to have a ? when they have two Tru cars running in the same class...LOL.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:43 pm

cadencechef wrote:
its proof that if you have a bunch of money to blow on a flashy and pretty system your obviously going to win

Not true Chef.

The only year that I took 1st was the year that I had no flash what so ever!

You don't have to spend a ton of money to build a solid setup. Read the book and build to it. Just simply cover all of the bases on the install side of the sheet and then work on the sound side best you can with the install you have built.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Marquise, you were missed this year. Sorry about the car.

John, congrats on another championship. You deserve it bro!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 pm

thanks bro...I really think your truck did very well in a tough class. Third was solid in there.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

SQ-LS400 wrote:
My car sucked, so everyone can stop calling me out. Smile

'calling out lou le pt. 4,5 or 6 ,i forgot" lol!
Your car is great ,and actually , you , chris ,and even adam had a lot to do for
Juan to win.It was on great good friendly competicion as you guys mention , on the begginig of the season there was a lot of talk about your car on how it was almost unbeatable in this class and i joke about me beatting you and chris reply "that the only way for me to beat you was for him to help me out ".He was right , but thats when it hit me to help juan .Juan and i are very good friends and we followed what he did last year and worked on trying to perfected it.
Juan and i have great respect for you guys .
know i have to" call on juan pt.t " iwill beat you in Q next year unless Chris helps you out. lol!

thanx , to all of you , it was a geat finals ,I love it.
AND NO YOU DON'T NEED ALOT OF MONEY TO WIN . ALL YOU NEED IS ALOT OF DEDICATION , WILING TO LEARN FROM FROM THE WINNERS .WE ARE A PROOF OF THAT A 1ST AND A 5TH (ME WITH A BAD HEAD UNIT ) AIN'T BAD.
Back to top Go down

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Jan...I'd ignore him.

thats kinda gay sketoe to ignore a legitimate comment?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 pm

cadencechef wrote:
Jan...I'd ignore him.

thats kinda gay sketoe to ignore a legitimate comment?

The comment was not legitimate bro. Flash is cool and gives curb appeal, which gets the public interested but it is not needed to win. Ruperts car has recently been through a hurricane and has seen better days when it comes to flash. However he has gone lengths to make his car sound great and be built to the book at the same time.

You seem sore about your placement. I promise you it wasn't a lack of flash that left you off of the stage. It had to be sound. You should make friends with the guys that placed higher than you and learn from them what it takes to sound that good. Instead you are ranting and not making any friends in the process. Chill out and learn to tune your build bro!

You know I respect you Chef. But some of the comments coming from you this weekend were misplaced. You said a few things to some guys that made them want to shove that Padre ring up your brownie maker.

Be happy that you were able to be there. I know I am. Andy and Bill beat me when I was shooting for the win. But I am not complaining. I made two new friends that I will be going after in the future. In friendly competition. You had kind of a sour attitude all weekend. I only say this because you are my friend just like the rest of the USACi guys and gals.

Quit being sour and get to work on your car bro!
Back to top Go down
RODNEYGREEN

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-08

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Nice to see everyone had fun at finals. It really sucked that it went on in Texas and I'm now in Cali BUT i plan to be back in the Lone Star State in the summer (so if it's in Texas again I'll be back at home. I see you are still making things happen John (good job). I have been working on the truck out here (too bad their are no shows). Keep making things happen guys........oh and John like everyone else has said ignore this guy (Chef) the more you reply to his post the more nonsense he will say. This guys has done nothing but complain for years (trust me I know him).
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:30 pm

RODNEYGREEN wrote:
Nice to see everyone had fun at finals. It really sucked that it went on in Texas and I'm now in Cali BUT i plan to be back in the Lone Star State in the summer (so if it's in Texas again I'll be back at home. I see you are still making things happen John (good job). I have been working on the truck out here (too bad their are no shows). Keep making things happen guys........oh and John like everyone else has said ignore this guy (Chef) the more you reply to his post the more nonsense he will say. This guys has done nothing but complain for years (trust me I know him).

Rod, you know I can't help but reply to nonsense posts. Remember the DFW Bass head guy! LOL

I know when I have been beaten fair and square. I don't make excuses I just work harder to try and make a comeback.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 pm

John,

Well spoken sir! As far as flash goes, I seem to remember a certain Civic in 06 that won BOS in his class, and he didn't have any vinyl, no fiberglass, just a solid install and outstanding sound.

I will be competing next year. It was the absolute worst thing that I could do by being there. I was convinced that I didn't need to compete ever again.

But after listening to Rupert's car ( the green Olds Convertible ), I am convinced that having a 'vert can be competitive.

Not to mention spending a lot of time with Jan, Monte, Chris, Lou, Adam, and Nick Wingate...sheesh, he nearly single handedly convinced me to compete again. It was a great trip, I wish I had competed, but, I did get to listen to some truly world class cars, and met some new friends, as well as greeted some old friends.

Marquies, you were missed bro. And if you ever feel spunky and might want to road trip to the oklahoma city area, I would gladly pitch in a hand to help you out with your car.

Chef, don't let this deter you from competing. It is a HUGE accomplishment to be invited AND compete in the USACi World Finals! For that, Well done!

I was invited, but didn't get to compete. So I am a bit envious of you my friend. Just remember, you don't have to have alot of money to make it in this game, just alot of heart, desire, and tenacity. Good luck next season sir. Your time will come.

--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Well said Joe.
Back to top Go down
RODNEYGREEN

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-08

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
RODNEYGREEN wrote:

Rod, you know I can't help but reply to nonsense posts. Remember the DFW Bass head guy! LOL

I know when I have been beaten fair and square. I don't make excuses I just work harder to try and make a comeback.

John,
I just saw you called. Ill give you a call tomorrow Bro. I have the ole Blackberry hooked up to the computer doing some updates for work.
Back to top Go down

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 pm

its ok rodney i know you just need to add your 2 cents...im not offended...Smile
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 pm

jsketoe wrote:
Well said Joe.

I agree 100% Now let's get this back on topic for Marquies. I will post some pics tomorrow for you. I still have finals sleep deprivation. I got home about 3:30 am today and had to take my butt to work this morning.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 am

Chef , I have great respect for you and you know it , i know you have the knowledge and experience to compete and want to continue
to see you at events.But our class was very tough this year and the Judging was outstanding .

J.Roberts, you commenting about me building by the book is a great comment coming from you .you were a great help on showing a lot of
ways to improve.

OnYrMrk , thanx for your great comments and i glad i was able to help you decide to make a come back . That is one of my goals to do anything to help people come back to compete i believe that the more people at shows the more fun we have .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So how was Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how was Finals   So how was Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how was Finals
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next