Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Vote_lcap1 seat & 2 seat class??? Voting_bar1 seat & 2 seat class??? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
1 seat & 2 seat class??? Vote_lcap1 seat & 2 seat class??? Voting_bar1 seat & 2 seat class??? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle drive build silence dollar crzyblondgrl state louisiana 2010 pics world Johncarr songs stereo chef globe records finals crank 80inches record quad contest Audiopipe disc broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

1 seat & 2 seat class???

Go down 
+17
mschwitz
Scott Buwalda
AUDFILE74
SQRSX
24 Bug
OnYrMrk
jsketoe
Johncarr
SQLAltima
jayhawkblk
audiolife
Mark Eldridge
Champion
Monte B.
Chris's Studio Civic
TeamCobra1
Rick Sellers
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-06-25

1 seat & 2 seat class??? Empty
PostSubject: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Here is my question...

Is there a FAIR way to have one seat and two seat judging in the same class?

discuss...
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 pm

ABSOLUTELY NOT....I don't have time to explain right now but I will tomorrow at work
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:59 pm

TeamCobra1 wrote:
ABSOLUTELY NOT....I don't have time to explain right now but I will tomorrow at work

Please do... I would like to hear your ideas,

thanks
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 pm

TeamCobra1 wrote:

let me get this straight.....you are gonna reply to a post on the internet while running a 50 ton crane in an oil refinery? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Chris, Any thoughts this?
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:12 am

not sure what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 am

why would you have one seat and two seat judging in the same class?
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 am

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
why would you have one seat and two seat judging in the same class?

So at a money round show you could have one class to split up the prize money for (aka higher prizes), BUT two seat cars could do what they do best and one seat cars could have a shot.

I didn't say it's a great idea, but i'm trying to see if i'm missing something.

Plus, this idea was brought up by several competitors so i thought I would see if you guys had any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:17 am

One idea could be to use 6 judges... Two seat cars have 3 sets and average the top 5 scores and one seat cars have the same 6 judges all from the driver seat and average all scores?????

Or maby use all scores and add 5 points to the total for 2 seat cars??????

Again, I never said this is a good idea... just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:39 am

After thinking about the top 10 cars last year at DSN, most actually compete normally in a 2-seat class, but were judged for DSN by only 1 judge at a time from the driver's seat.

Just go with 2 seat judging. Make it easy on yourself. Those folks who are used to 1-seat judging can do a little extra work like the 2-seat guys had to last year.

Just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:49 am

I think you should pick one or the other. I know if I came to a show and found out you could choose one seat or two seat judging.....I would pick one seat and hit a preset on my processor that is set up for one seat judging. Any car that sound great as a two seat car sounds even better when set up for one seat judging. I can gaurantee that most of us have a one seat setting saved on there processor.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:28 am

its way to easy to build a car for 1 seat....in my opinion the people that chose to take the easy way out and build a 1 seat car now have insensitive to step up and build a real car....get competitions back how they used to be....the money rounds should be for the elite cars....if you have a one seat car you now have plenty of time to tune for 2seat for the big show....one of the main problems with sq competition today is we keep simplifing things and this has done nothing but make the # of competitors go down...

money shows are for the best of the best....not the best with limitations....if you choose to run against the big dogs you should build or tune to catch up with them....we shouldn't have to lower our standards to make it fare for other people that made a choice to build a simpler car.

end of rant....

Last edited by TeamCobra1 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 am

I second that.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 pm

if you want to wear big boy pants you need to grow into them
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm

XXl
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:48 pm

I agree, I think one seat cars are the easy way out. Winning a one seat class is kind of like bragging about winning the first half of the football game 7 to 0 but actaully losing the whole game 56 to 7....... maybe they should only judge half of the install in the one seat class, that would even give a better advantage.... but to answer the question,,,, half two judgws judge the car with seperate sheets.... use only one score for the single seat then average the two sheets to get the two seat score..... or grow some apples and compete in 2 seat..
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm trying to cater to the masses... there are a lot more cars that do one seat in DSN's region because of MECA and it would be nice to have the largest turnout possible.

BUT I want the best cars possible at the highest level.

The problem is no one will be happy...

I just don't have the money at this point to have as big of a turnout as Tulsa had for a 2 seat show.

I will make an announcement in the next few weeks how this years Deep South Nationals will be formatted and judged.

Thanks for the input,
Rick Sellers
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 am

if your going to give prize money, just dont give as much to the one seat class... for example they only get judged for half the car so only give half the prize money.... seems straight forward to me... I understand your situation... T
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:04 pm

if someone puts in half the time....half the effort....and half the money to build half the car and they want to compete against the cars that took the time to do it all then I say run what u brung and complete using the most advanced rules....give these people some incentive to make their cars better and get the lanes full of cars again....like I said before the money shows are for the best of the best...if big prize money isn't reason enough for them to build a better car then what is
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 pm

true
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 pm

hello mickeys pub, how you doin???
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 am

Yeh, Dont do prize money for the one seat wonders.... Do the real money in 2 seat.... make everyone step up.... if you offer money I beleive most one seat wonders would work to become 2 seaters.....
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 am

offer a money round for the SPL guys,,, execpt do it like battleship..... let the opposite competitor pick the frequency, that the other vehicle has to play.... then each competitor has the option of going as loud as they think they can before there gear blows up..... this would be cool.....
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Twice as long to build a two seat car??? I'd bet it's closer to 4 to 5 times as long to set up the front stage system.

I understand the limitations some people have on time and money to set up their systems, and the fact that they are usually the only person in the car. That's great for regular local and maybe even regional events under normally sanctioned rules from one of the major organizations.

But in an unsanctioned money round, (because the sanctioning orgs will not put up serious money in their own classes...), it's all up to the promoter. Anyone that chooses to play must play by the promoter's rules.

Personally, if I had to choose either one or two seat judging criteria, I'd much rather see the money rounds use strictly two-seat judging rules. Like Mickey said, you want to take home the big money, step up and play by the big money rules.

But, from a promoter's standpoint, you probably need to have a one seat class too.

There is no way to fairly compare one and two seat systems using the same judging criteria.

Try this on for size... Split the prize money so that there is 4 to 5 times as much in the two seat purse as the one seat purse. Then, allow all competitors invited to compete in the money round compete in both the one seat and two seat classes, whether their car is a one or two seat car in the regular event. If any particular car wins both the one seat and two seat money rounds, it is truly the King of the Hill.

It's never been done before... It would be interesting to see just how the two seat cars, re-tweaked for a one seat setting, truly stack up against the dedicated one seat cars...

This whole scenario would be kind of like NASCAR saying they want to run the Camping World Trucks, the Nationwide cars, and the Sprint Cup cars all against each other to see who is truly the best. Each series has its own set of criteria, and there's no way to run them together and be able to determine who is the overall best. But, if for example, Kyle Busch races in all three series, and wins the Championship in all three, There would no arguing that he would be the King Schiznit...

I like the SPL Battleship idea... Better get ready for some really low SPL numbers out of the one-note-wonder-bass systems. Alma's Bronco system would dominate this kind of competition. It couldn't do more than a 174.9 at any frequency, but it could easily pop a 172+ at any frequency between 30 and 100 Hz.
Back to top Go down
audiolife
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:33 am

If its for money I would go ultimate rules SQ and do install seperate. Meaning pure sound quality 2 seats with a greater deviation posibility between scores then have Install. Anyone who has done the time and tuning can win SQ and those who have the money and time and engineering where the serious money is spent can still compete. For prize money that is where the divide should be not 1 or 2 seats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.180db.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 am

Here is another idea,,,,
All cars are judged with two judges.
The driver seat judge scores the car as he hears it.
The passenger seat judge scores the car as he hears it.
They do not communicate to each other at all.
after the judging is completed.
the passenger seat judge's score sheat get scored on a different scale so that it is only worth about 30% percent of its original value.
Then average the two sheets together.
This doesnt harm the one seat car. and doesnt punish the 2 seat car either.
Put more enphasis on tonality in both seats scoring.
This would even thing up as mush as I think you could.
I dont think you should have a 1 seat and a 2 seat class.
Put what prize money you can into one large purse...
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am

I agree and yet disagree with having a 1 seat class and 2 seat class for the money round. I disagree because it is a money show and not funded by the sanctioning bodies. It is supposed to be for those who want to challenge themselves. On the flip side what about those who are serious about competing but do not have the time or resources or ability to build a 2 seat car. Should we alienate them from this type of show. I thing our goal is to grow the hobby again not run people off. It is a tough call. You want to increase participation but you also want to reward the best of the best. I guess just throw everybody in together and see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
SQLAltima
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

In IASCA there are three classes for 2seat cars. Ultimate and SQC 2 seat, and expert/manufacturer. In USACi there are 5 classes. Advanced Consumer, Advanced Ultimate, Pro Q, Consumer Q, expert.

Total in both organizations 26 competitors showed up.

For one 1 seat---there were 21 cars showed up just for IASCA. 28 at USACi finals.

Almost a 2-1 margin. That isn't even getting into MECA that is a 1 seat organization (it now has a 2 seat class but only one real 2 seat vehicle was in that class at finals last year).

You can talk about what competition should be, who works the hardest, etc. Doesn't matter because the 2 seat cars don't exist. I can show you in the Tulsa results where the one seat cars started on the results list and where the 2 seat cars ended. It was a painful line in the sand. I wouldn't expect many of those one seat cars to drive a great distance again to see where they stack up in that type of judging---they know now. the ones I know have told me they don't plan on doing it again.

Building a 2 seat car is not just 'harder work' it also generally means making the car less daily driveable. Cutting holes in floors, cutting up support braces, rebuilding dashes, making it painfully obvious equipment is in the car (Steve head's civic is the one exception as far as visible equipment). There are not too many 2 seat vehicles that you can park at the movies/mall/airport and walk away from and not expect to be filling out a police report later. Most one seat vehicles you can.

Don't alienate those that still compete (and quite heavily I might add) because they won't make the necessary vehicle changes so that both seats image "ok".

I do think there should be more prize money for the 2 seat cars, but it shouldn't be 4 or 5 to 1. If there is $5000 available. I would do $3000 for 2 seat and $2,000 for 1 seat. Break it out to the top 5 and move on. Or since there are so few 2 seat cars out there---and they are generally on such a higher level---make that a 1st place takes it all class.

If there are two classes I will have 2 vehicles. One in 1 seat and one in 2 seat. If there is one class--I will have 2 vehicles in that class. I compete--I don't care what the classes are or where the show is---I show up and compete. I do recognize though the reality of what is out there at shows and what those competitors are willing to do these days.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm

I think they should do away with the one seat judging all together...I've never had a custom dash and in 10years have very rarely been out scored on sound...application is everything if someone chooses to build a custom dash it will take longer to build but in the long run be easier to tune...on the other hand if u choose not to build you will have more time to tune for the obstacles you will encounter in a stock car....u need to pick your poison....

there is a reason why NHRA doesn't run mustangs with flomasters and a computer upgrade for the big money....

as boring as car audio already is it only going to get worse for the spectators if we continue to make everything easy....

peoples attitude is like this these days (why should I build a car to beat mark e when I can get a world championship with very little effort)

ok im done rambling for now
Back to top Go down
audiolife
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 pm

TeamCobra1 wrote:
I think they should do away with the one seat judging all together...I've never had a custom dash and in 10years have very rarely been out scored on sound...application is everything if someone chooses to build a custom dash it will take longer to build but in the long run be easier to tune...on the other hand if u choose not to build you will have more time to tune for the obstacles you will encounter in a stock car....u need to pick your poison....

there is a reason why NHRA doesn't run mustangs with flomasters and a computer upgrade for the big money....

as boring as car audio already is it only going to get worse for the spectators if we continue to make everything easy....

peoples attitude is like this these days (why should I build a car to beat mark e when I can get a world championship with very little effort)

ok im done rambling for now
I agree way back when we all ran the same score sheets in IASCA that if my memory serves me correctly looks a lot like expert or ultimate score sheets now. I understand why they changed it but at the same time it is bad when a contest will over look a known weakness in one car to put it on an even playing field with a car with less weakness overall. That is why I suggested if there was a split split it between sq and install. Then again the arguement can be the install and everything that goes along with it should make it sound better...but in some cases people do really cool things to make their cars more logical to work on as well as look nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.180db.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 seat & 2 seat class???   1 seat & 2 seat class??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 seat & 2 seat class???
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: