Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_lcapBUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Voting_barBUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_lcapBUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Voting_barBUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad build world drive Johncarr globe crzyblondgrl crank state kyle 80inches broken songs contest 2010 record chef finals Audiopipe dollar silence pics louisiana records stereo disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

BUY OR BUILD?

Go down 
+32
slumpinhonda
charlesestes
SPL2K
bumpin s-10
DMAN
SOLOGHOST
zacdavis
ibbangin
Navi
SPLman99
The_Rowlands
supermod wagon
RFLfestiva
HellRzR
cavi_in_kc
sonicboom
TAMU
TeamBudweiser-CG
TECH114
aphinney
kasey
XFL-Leader
memphis_yota
Crash
sanman
Stingraysevenout
iowan
Jeff Sanford
AudioAnonymous
SBJL
johnperdeye
The Ambulance
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BUY BUILD?
BUY
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
BUILD
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_lcap56%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 25 ]
YOUR A LOSER IF YOU BUY
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-08-27

BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:38 am

First topic message reminder :

whats better if you buy your trophies or if you spend countless hour in a garage like the rest of us and earn your trophies the right way?Buy your setup or build your setup? question is multiple answer LOL
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:12 am

Wow guys this was made to be a nice post....
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:54 am

charlesestes wrote:
my sig says it all for me. and ive got the shirt to match.

What sig?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:51 am

so chad instead of getting a 400 dolla motor out in for 800 bucks wich =1200 total in the car you competed in early in the year when i saw you at p,aha doing a measly 154 with amps on 4 subs, and 16v that kevin pulled a 158 on at the previouse finals was a betetr deal for you to just by a plain Jain car from our team for what was it 2400 bucks i think

I dont like you cause you a lier, and that make you a fornicating prick in my book. that car didnt have any equipment in it thats correct but had a ton of work done to it to the point that 2 l7's would have done a 157 plus at drop in easily those that have been to our shows know this is totaly possible on 2 kx 1200.1's

nope you are correct 3 kx 1200.1's were not in 301-900 and never was but the idea was that you still had more power out of them MMATS, and thats what you should have done at finals.

Estes im glad you stae how you feel bro, but fact being fact the s10 is in my possesion and will be at finals in 1 of 2 classes, and as long as it is in my possesion it will be used for 1 thing and thats to compete in. You will be ok man there is obviousely a better build out there another s10 can do 159.4 on 1 500 watt amp, and 3 15's where mine will only do 158.6 so no worries man yall got me even with it having someone elses build in it stop sweating it.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 pm

I agree with what you said last night Jeff. This thread is going in the wrong direction from the get go. I say Delete it MODS....

And PS still glad you didn't prove me wrong and put up that pic... I just knew someone was going to be funny and put up a pick of a KILBOSA...(a real sausage not sanmans ohhhhh lawd)
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 pm

lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:29 pm

I voted build. I dont think you're a loser if you buy, you can always improve on something someone else has already done. The problem I've seen though is that buying normally requires more work when you find out how the previous owner did certain things that just aren't up to par and you end up rebuilding the whole thing yourself anyway.

On another note, lets keep this clean please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:27 pm

sanman wrote:
so chad instead of getting a 400 dolla motor out in for 800 bucks wich =1200 total in the car you competed in early in the year when i saw you at p,aha doing a measly 154 with amps on 4 subs, and 16v that kevin pulled a 158 on at the previouse finals was a betetr deal for you to just by a plain Jain car from our team for what was it 2400 bucks i think

I dont like you cause you a lier, and that make you a fornicating prick in my book. that car didnt have any equipment in it thats correct but had a ton of work done to it to the point that 2 l7's would have done a 157 plus at drop in easily those that have been to our shows know this is totaly possible on 2 kx 1200.1's

nope you are correct 3 kx 1200.1's were not in 301-900 and never was but the idea was that you still had more power out of them MMATS, and thats what you should have done at finals.

So now i'm a liar in addition to being a cheater? I'd like to know how I'm lying as well as how I'm a cheater since you never did answer that one either, not even in pm's.

As for my other crx not being loud and me having to buy a new one to be loud, when you saw me at that show last year in July that was the first show I had been to since finals 03, and 1 show early 04. At 03 finals I took second in stock and prostock and held 2 world records that year, if you remember that was the year of the vfl 150.1 at finals, and about 90% of the people that placed in the top 3 of all the stock classes at finals had that amp, I did not, i was underpowered to say the least and still did well. Add that with my car having all the rear panels and carpet in means it could have been louder. I just brought it out last year to start getting points with what I had since I was once again able to compete. What I had was old technology though, 02 L7's in a box built to play 57hz on the audiocontrol, so still a 155 on an old Gluteus Maximus design built for the old sysytem in a car that hadnt competed in over 2 years, decent if you ask me. Point here is, I was just getting started back in it and getting points for last year, hadnt touched the car since 03, and up to that time last year, that was a decent score for that setup(knowing it had all the free db's in there with the panles in, too big of box and tuned wrong)

Now back to last year, the motor blew in Jul as well as my car getting broke into and most of my stuff stolen and I only had 15 of my 200 points to get to finals, the shops around here quoted me 1800 to fix it, plus parts and engine, so it was cheaper to get a new crx and just throw a bucnh of stuff I had sitting around in it to get points. You will see my old one loud again someday once it gets a motor and a few windows in it, so in all actuality from what I was quoted it was much faster and easier to get the new crx, there was no way I had time to wait a month or however long it might have taken them to fix it to get points, especially with there being no shows up here late last year, so I bought jeffs

But back on point again, I'd like to know what the ton of work the new one had done to it to make it so loud compared to other crx's, you seem to have learned and know everything there is to know about my car in the short 2 months it was a L&C car, all that was done was the dynamat and power wire, which I took out the power wire to properly run it with a gromet and fix the hole from the passenger kick into the front outside wheel well so it would stop leaking water. Maybe you guys figured out it needed to be tuned this way, or the vents had to be like that, or the seats like this to do a better number, but none of that info was included on the title when i bought the car. Heck if you want to talk about the car more, when I bought the car it wasnt even legal for the stock classes, now I dont know if you guys ran it that way down there nor do I care, I'm not saying that, just stating that the way I got it, it wasn't even legal for the stock classes so that was the first thing I fixed so nobody would call me out on it. And as for me not being able to get it to a 60 last year, ask Bruce what it could do if he got down in there all the way in the kick, I didnt need to up my score any on my rerun because I had already won so he didnt get all the way in there, so yeah, it still had more in it even at finals.

So would you like to share once and for all with everyone:

#1 How I'm a cheater? Just figured I'd throw that back out there again since it never was answered the first time and since now I'm a liar as well it be good to know how. No one has yet to tell me how I am a cheater, just that I am one.

#2 How am I a liar?

and fianlly #3 Would you like to share with everyone what all this stuff is you do to a crx that makes it so much louder than any other crx before you even put equipment in the car?

I'm sure everyone would like to know the answer to that question whether the own a crx or not. Heck I've showed picture of the car and striped it myself more than once and I didn't see any special work done to it to make it any differant or louder than any other crx.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:31 pm

you were pointed put at a show by the director to a competitor thats how you are a fuckign cheater

now lier as stated before that car was already loud when you got it jeff just is hard headed at times and didnt wanna listen to bruce from his own acknowledgment

sharing information wont happen anymore you put a end to that by being a dickhead and not acknowledging the fact that you received helped from our team thats why it got heated in the past and is again.

i dont do anything to a crx to get it loud our team does its not an individual sport for us but a team sport, and as you an see i give credit to samsal for the truck, and the things he ahs helped me out with so far this is how a true competitor should be but i cant dawg you for being you.

ill be at your show this weekend any heart ache aproach me and lets chat about it but ill tell you this now and im going to be respectfull if you have let your wife get brought into this in anyway do not send her over to talk poop to me for this will not be a very good deal im not saying your a puss and would do this, but it would not be productive the leash should be tight. ill ensure mine is as well.

I do plan on attending a good show, and having fun no matter what form fun comes in.

see you sunday
Back to top Go down
goose2
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
goose2

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 pm

lol he's back^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:26 pm

sanman wrote:
you were pointed put at a show by the director to a competitor thats how you are a fuckign cheater

thats still not how i cheated, all that is saying is still back to what i said before, that someone said i was heating, but not how, so still, what did i do to cheat?

and if that is in fact true, where was i when this happened, why did the director at whatever show i was at tell me i was cheating or point it out to me, or if i'm right about who this said competitor was, then he got 2nd place at the show, why has he never mentioned it to me, i'm sure if i was in fact cheating at said show, and the director of that show know i was cheating, and the second place guy talked to the director knows i was cheating, then why didnt either of them talk to me.

but still you have not told me how i actually cheated, just that i did, so i'll ask again, how did i cheat? i'm sure you have all the details and your info is correct since you were 4000 miles away when this show happened

kinda of null point though since i only did a measly 56.2 at the show and people are complaining cause i can do over a 58 in that class no problem

but i'd still like to know what i actually did, where your proof is and who all these alleged people are, other wise your still just saying stuff with no facts to back anything up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm

sanman wrote:

now lier as stated before that car was already loud when you got it jeff just is hard headed at times and didnt wanna listen to bruce from his own acknowledgment

the car was loud before i bought it and so that makes me a liar?

well if your definition of a loud car is one that has a stock honda battery in it, no head unit, no box, no batteries in the back, no subs, no amps, no rca's, no headliner, no rear view mirror, no visors, no detailed instructions on how to build it, but does have power wire in it and dyanamat, if that fits the defintion of a loud car then i guess i am in fact a liar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:47 pm

sanman wrote:

sharing information wont happen anymore you put a end to that by being a dickhead and not acknowledging the fact that you received helped from our team thats why it got heated in the past and is again.

dude i have acknowledged the fact that you guys have helped me, but you guys havent helped me like you make it sound to everyone on here

so once again, yes bruce did give me the idea of 2 fwd and 4 up, but he did not give me dimensions, he did not tell me how to have the ports internal or external or how long to have them or anything like that, it seems to me that you make it sound like i was given some top secret blueprints on how to build the car or was given boxes with the car, i was not, heck i even asked bruce at a show last year if i could see his setup and he declined showing it to me and i respected that, like i said he told me 2 fwd 4 up, from there anyone who knows anything about crx's can figure out to build it as small as possible, do some inside work and get the ports right. so other than the credit for the idea, which was given, i dont feel anyother credit is due other than to bill gass, yeah you gave us the idea, but it was bill and i who decided on dimesions, it was us who did what we did to the inside, it was us who figured out how to have the ports, it was us who spent about 40 hours tuning it.

bruce also mic monkeyed for me at finals on my rerun but in the end it wasnt needed, but just the fact that he was there to do it was the huge part and you guys were thanked for that.

other than that, yeah i have talked to you guys about amps, ohm loads, stuff like that that doesnt necessarily pertain to a crx just audio in general, but none of that pertained to the amps i ran at finals so other than the credit i gave i dont see anymore needed

heck you even pm'd me last year offering your help and i have posted that up as well saying you told me how to build a box for 4 12's, but you know what, sure the credit for that would have been to you, but i never ever built that box, so why would any credit need be given for something i didnt ask for, or even build
Back to top Go down
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:07 pm

I thought you had to put up a 1000.0 big ones to call someone a cheater well I don't see any money huh???? as far a s s lying well we all do that when we say we can hit a 190 on the dash seeled up before we run than follow it up with another lie saying somethings wrong. I guess we all lie so that dosen't mean much i guess where's the money?
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:34 pm

Did Joe Joe just stick his nose in something he knows nothing about again?

You're right Joe, NOTHING GOOD CAME FROM THE AMBULANCE SHOWING UP!

hehe

Look forward to seeing you Sunday, Jeff.
Back to top Go down
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:56 pm

BillGass wrote:

You're right Joe, NOTHING GOOD CAME FROM THE AMBULANCE SHOWING UP!

At least i got something right see you sunday son.
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:27 pm

The Ambulance wrote:

At least i got something right see you sunday son.

Joe Joe once again you got it all wrong. That should have read:

At least I got something right, see you Sunday.

Sincerely,
Your Son
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Guys keep the arguing to PM's please....
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:43 pm

I think this deserves a fart.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Aw cmon Matt...they're just havin a lil fun
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:57 pm

exactly im having fun

yes you got to put cash up to protest someone thats why it didnt happen

and ill put it out there phinney told me the deal on the hidden 20.1 under the box in 0-600 stock

i did tell you this in the past guess you fly boy's dont have the ability to retian information thats probly why you guys really dont do any missions on the ground you would get lost trying to remember where you were going

in circles like you do in the air
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 pm

i just noticed my sig doesnt show. WHATS UP WIT DAT!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:35 pm

did you save it man if not you might have to buy one lol
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:35 pm

OH MY Shocked I'm not so sure he actually saw anything under any box....assumptions may have been made but that is all. Unless he didn't tell me something.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:41 pm

i never said andrew was the one that saw it i said it was told to him
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 pm

hey come on matt where just having fun before finals......
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:58 pm

matts got his god complex! what he says goes biatches
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 pm

not yet charles he hasnt locked it yet....
Back to top Go down
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:24 pm

still unlocked!!! yah guys listen to matt knock it of j/k. lol
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:48 pm

to buy are build dont matter as long as you love this sport ALMA WROTE THIS TO ME....

The PPI bronco that set all the records was built at the PPI facility here in Phoenix. And yes, I did help with the install. I cannot take the credit for the design or the install, but my son Patrick and I did help build it.

Rick Jones was the brains behind that one and we had the help of many of the people at PPI. That bronco was a true labor of love. We all had something to prove - that we could build the loudest, and most beautiful and legal spl vehicle ever...and we did!

I was not able to help with the Kicker or JBL. The Kicker install was not right and never did do anything. We did get a lot of publicity from it and was in many magazines and Ripleys believe it or not. The JBL install did take first place in sq at finals.

Thanks for asking. By the way, I don't think its important who builds your system ( as long as you give them credit for the install,) but what you do with it after you get it.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:14 am

bumpin s-10 wrote:
OH MY Shocked I'm not so sure he actually saw anything under any box....assumptions may have been made but that is all. Unless he didn't tell me something.

HEHE There for a min i thought your were going to say OHHHHHHH LAWD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BUY OR BUILD?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next