Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_lcapBUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Voting_barBUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_lcapBUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Voting_barBUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state 2010 contest build louisiana records globe 80inches silence world stereo crzyblondgrl songs broken record finals Johncarr quad chef kyle disc pics drive dollar crank Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

BUY OR BUILD?

Go down 
+32
slumpinhonda
charlesestes
SPL2K
bumpin s-10
DMAN
SOLOGHOST
zacdavis
ibbangin
Navi
SPLman99
The_Rowlands
supermod wagon
RFLfestiva
HellRzR
cavi_in_kc
sonicboom
TAMU
TeamBudweiser-CG
TECH114
aphinney
kasey
XFL-Leader
memphis_yota
Crash
sanman
Stingraysevenout
iowan
Jeff Sanford
AudioAnonymous
SBJL
johnperdeye
The Ambulance
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BUY BUILD?
BUY
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
BUILD
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 25 ]
YOUR A LOSER IF YOU BUY
BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-08-27

BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:38 am

First topic message reminder :

whats better if you buy your trophies or if you spend countless hour in a garage like the rest of us and earn your trophies the right way?Buy your setup or build your setup? question is multiple answer LOL
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:26 pm

ummm i bought a crx from kickerkevin that won a title, and now own an s10 that also won a title

i built one that one a title

another that took 2nd

another that took 3rd

another that took third

and another that took 2nd

and another that took 2nd

now when the hell did i make fun of someone that bought one if i remember correctly i was going to buy roberts truck, and was interested in joe davisons festiva, but chose not to get them.

when i call you by name then im talking about you other than that try to get off my nuts man flatter yourself all you want, but i dont make statements without mentioning your name every time i type now i hope thats easy enough to understand
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:32 pm

HERE IS ONE......

and i thought the only way you could win is to dump the crx you had and buy a loud and clear one atleast thats what worked last year
2006 0-1000 PRO 159.7 2ND
2005 301-900SS 156.4 3RD
2004 301-900SS WORLD CHAMP
2003 151-300 STOCK 2ND

But okay ya know Jeff, trying to be nice to you is like trying to talk to my Doormatt... It just doesn't work. So i give up. Your right i will stay off your NUTZ.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:38 pm

one didnt ask you to be nice to me i dont care if you are or not

show me the thread that came from cause as i know noone outside our team other than sam bought a crx from the team, and he didnt get one that won a title so show me the thread
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Now THIS is the USACi forum I know and love. bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:24 pm

i dont care if they buy or build, i personally i feel better when i do a good number with somethin i built, but there are the ppl that dont have the knowledge or work so much or other personal things things that prevent them from building and that i dontfault them for, they love the sport enuff to drop 5g's on a system and get out there and meet the guys and fun. whats wrong with that ?
Back to top Go down
RFLfestiva
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:29 pm

I personally don't care.
I bought the festiva from Team S and K (shawn Markley). People told me the same thing for years.
Three years into having the car, they stop harassing me about it. I think it was the color, and the plexiglass windows.
I sold it to Jeff Sanford (Arkansas), I just hope he is far enough away, that people won't treat him the same way.
Back to top Go down
supermod wagon
supermod wagon

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:15 pm

I have done both and would rather build than buy. The super mod wagon we have now was bought with a good deal of the work done to it but the guy who had it before didnt have the time to put into it after he started the build. He only competed at our local shows and was doing a high 164 with it on the local shops audio control meter. When we bought it we got alot of crap from the other competitors in the area and from the local shop.The shop 's owner straight out told us we would never be able to get any more out of the car because the shop had worked on it but couldnt get it louder when it was there. well to make a long story short a couple of thousand dollars later in equipment and several hundred hours in the garage working on it we made the shop owner eat his words because we have broke the 170 mark at their last 3 shows. The hours spent working on it and seeing the improvements is what makes this sport fun for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:21 pm

i dont care also,, its fun to build ,,but it sucks bein quite for so long maybe next year we'll improve
Back to top Go down
SPLman99
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
SPLman99

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Here is my 2 cents on this.
It does not matter if you build or buy. Yeah, I built part of mine and John built the other part. Hell, if he didn't come help me and pushed me like he did, I still would not have the subs in yet. It was fun to build with a good friend, but if I have to do it myself, I would rather buy because I am too damn lazy to build. The only thing is,no one builds like I do because I don't do one note wonders. I want every single one of you to think about this: If no one wants to buy, then how in the fornicating hell would you ever sell your poop to built new poop. THINK ABOUT IT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:59 pm

i bought a crx from loud and clear and i made it quieter so i got you all beat, it didnt have any equipment in it when i boutght it though, just a few runs of power wire, but that saved me some cash.

so anyone know anyone else who has bought a vehicle and made it quieter
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:24 pm

i made my old rex quieter but i was deff under the power that big ed had....but still got close to his number ....
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:53 pm

who gives a fornicate really, people get all wound up about this poop and forget this is supposed to be about fun, then you got the other fornicators who put up a number and then you cant get them to stfu about for the rest of their life and see it everytime they post. If people think its a good number they will tell you, dont go out asking like you need a confidence builder.

FTR I havent "bought" a world title vehicle, I did have one at the house for awhile and when I ran it to me it wasnt the same and was part of the reason I lost interest. Now that Im building another I feel alot better about it, probably never be as loud as the other but ask me if i give two fucks im coming back ot be in the lanes with my friends and enjoy poop like I did before I even knew what a goo dnumber was in this sport.

^that is by no means is bashing anyone who buys one, just not my cup of tea after somewhat being down that road.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:13 pm

i say it doesn't matter, because if u got the moneyto have someone build it u probably had to work hard to get all that money! you are kinda cheating yourself by getting someone else to do it cause u really don't get to learn anything, u just have a loud car! and that all i have to say bout that...ha ha
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 pm

well 9 people voted that your a loser if u buy well they are wrong and i guess the famous 40 tens in a bronco is a loser now i didnt say that person was a loser...just showing my point again lol!
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:33 pm

kasey wrote:
well 9 people voted that your a loser if u buy well they are wrong and i guess the famous 40 tens in a bronco is a loser now i didnt say that person was a loser...just showing my point again lol!
scratch again using alma as an example bad choice
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 pm

well you known what with credit due to chad he said it correct he bought a car that would have done over 160 on 3 kx 1200.1 so yes jimbo it was chad i was talking about now the real question is what is your angle if not to degrade me in my own words where is the positivity in what you were trying to do now ill say with a crx you had no luck at all i saw you in lawton gave you a few tips, and you chose not to take them but to ride the coat tails of robert pick his brain and build an s10 what you did really isnt any differant that what he ahve done now is it

this should stop here cause its not productive, nor is it positive anymore
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Whats the point in being on a team if you arnet picking each others brain to better each other? You act like its a different story up there.......
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 pm

i dont act like poop or kiss Gluteus Maximus like some do am i referring to you well yes i am like it or not i could care less

you dont like what i got to say i dont care I have been quiet on hyere for a long time and a good guy guess this is what some wanted now its back
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 pm

hwats the differance in buying someone elses poop and buying an s10 like someone elses and doing what he did to it to get loud nothing at all
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 pm

I dont know why you just dont put the whole "I dont care/ could care less what you think" business in your sig, we all know the story, 99% of us are the same way we just dont feel the need to post it everytime someone doesnt agree with us.

And really Im a kiss Gluteus Maximus, seriously......

You really ought to look at more of your post and realize how much of a hypocrite you come off as.

I still luv ya though just cause of the simple fact you say what ya want and dont hold back, oh wait theres me being a kiss Gluteus Maximus again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 pm

sanman wrote:
hwats the differance in buying someone elses poop and buying an s10 like someone elses and doing what he did to it to get loud nothing at all

I dont think its a huge difference, but at the same time from your own experience you know that you can take a helluva box from one crx and put it in the next and it flops, so buying a similar or identical car isnt quite the turn key operation as buying an already built vehicle in my opinion, if you think different thats your perogative not bashing ya for thinking that way.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Hey Bi!ches,
Robert Koller BOUGHT his van, one that Scottie Johnson built.
Does that mean he's a loser?
Uhh?....NOT!
First off when buying a vehicle that's already been built your dealing with somethin thats been tuned around specific equipment, and most people who buy a vehicle built end up changing the equipment anyways, which requires complete retuning, aka a new build, tweak, whatever, you know what i mean.
Take Rob's for instance, it's been completely changed top to bottom.
Big deal if he got a headstart with a van previously built by someone else? He made it his own, tuned it for different equipment, and got it louder than it had ever been.
Lots a people've done that.
Although I still think he's a putz you could never say he's a loser for buying that van.
Come on people, give me a break, like it was mentioned earlier, its a job jus keeping these things up between shows. Whether or not its already been built, your still gonna be workin your azz off on it jus keepin it loud and like any true competitor you'll be tryin to figure out how to get it louder.

I wish I could find a super mod shell to buy, my god the time just in the chasis work would pay for itself.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:00 pm

lol took you lone enough to come back at me man you getting old fool

and you are correct i got 1 crx that kills the other with the same setup

and i dont luv ya fag but you aiiight in my book lol
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:00 pm

I have bulit my car up and still got a lot of work today. And love the fact that I got the time in my car. But If i had the chances to buy one and had the money to purchase the car. I'm pretty sure I would jump all over it. Hell if not just to have two.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 pm

zacdavis wrote:
Hey Bi!ches,
Robert Koller BOUGHT his van, one that Scottie Johnson built.
Does that mean he's a loser?
Uhh?....NOT!
First off when buying a vehicle that's already been built your dealing with somethin thats been tuned around specific equipment, and most people who buy a vehicle built end up changing the equipment anyways, which requires complete retuning, aka a new build, tweak, whatever, you know what i mean.
Take Rob's for instance, it's been completely changed top to bottom.
Big deal if he got a headstart with a van previously built by someone else? He made it his own, tuned it for different equipment, and got it louder than it had ever been.
Lots a people've done that.
Although I still think he's a putz you could never say he's a loser for buying that van.
Come on people, give me a break, like it was mentioned earlier, its a job jus keeping these things up between shows. Whether or not its already been built, your still gonna be workin your azz off on it jus keepin it loud and like any true competitor you'll be tryin to figure out how to get it louder.

I wish I could find a super mod shell to buy, my god the time just in the chasis work would pay for itself.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY lol

Here it is Zac BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Van_finalsjp

$2500 even get 16 kinetiks and 2 200 amp OG alts, badass van from back in the day, wish I had room for it and money for it and uh trailer for it etc...... lol!
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Crash wrote:
I have bulit my car up and still got a lot of work today. And love the fact that I got the time in my car. But If i had the chances to buy one and had the money to purchase the car. I'm pretty sure I would jump all over it. Hell if not just to have two.
bingo we hav a winner lol!
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:04 pm

sanman wrote:
lol took you lone enough to come back at me man you getting old fool

and you are correct i got 1 crx that kills the other with the same setup

and i dont luv ya fag but you aiiight in my book lol

Its the kid man, shes wearing me down and giving me grey hair Cool

Trust me i dont luv ya, I didnt send ya no chocolates lol!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:05 pm

LOL. Remember Jeff you got all over Robert for not helping his Teammate. LOL I tried Robs box in Mine didn't work fell on its face. Said screw it worked on the thing for 6 months after went to finals. Well we know the rest of that story. So yes your correct but Copied NOT EVEN CLOSE. Pointed in the right direction like your truck was .. Yes. And Samsuel added his brain to the inside of the box and did wonderful.

Navi that is the word i was originally looking for... HYPOCRITE. That was what i was doing bye saying what i did Jeff thats all . Mad cause you bought the Truck. NO Nervouse cause its gonna be a close one YES. So you did what you wanted it worked and thats that. And the other question . I know you dont care but NO I REALLY CANT STAND YOU. But it doesn't mean we cant compete against each other... I just dont want to hide how i feel about ya..(edited for being a loose mouth idiot.) With that aside lets get to Finals and do our thing and Start another year ya know.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:08 pm

group hug?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUY OR BUILD?   BUY OR BUILD? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BUY OR BUILD?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next