Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Vote_lcap9 SQ classes - Page 2 Voting_bar9 SQ classes - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
9 SQ classes - Page 2 Vote_lcap9 SQ classes - Page 2 Voting_bar9 SQ classes - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state dollar 80inches disc crzyblondgrl build pics songs crank record louisiana globe contest kyle broken stereo world chef Johncarr quad records Audiopipe 2010 finals silence drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

9 SQ classes

Go down 
+13
Maldonadosqs
autosoundtex
TeamTCA
tijuana_no
ALL4SQ
bmuhammad1
BBGIC
jsketoe
genxx
Chris's Studio Civic
KajunKreations
Stingraysevenout
Champion
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

9 SQ classes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Stock-Amature (SQ eqauls 90 percent of score, and very basic Install)
Stock-Intermediate (SQ and Install have eqaul point value, and SPL capped)
Stock-Pro (SQ and Install eqaul point value, and SPL unlimited)

Modified -Amature (SQ eqauls 90 percent of score, and very basic Install)
Modifid- Intermediate (SQ and Install have eqaul point value, and SPL capped)
Modified- Pro (SQ and Install have eqaul point value, and SPL unlimited)

Exotic- Intermediate (SQ and Install have eqaul point value, and SPL capped)
Exotic- Pro (SQ and Install have eqaul point value, and SPL unlimited)

Monster (SQ and Install have eqaul value, and SPL unlimited and RTA)

Stock- The vehicle appears to be exactly as the manufacture intended for the vehicle to appear, Only modifications allowed would be what is necassary to upgrade equipment. dash kits, speaker adapters, etc.. These are all production street vehicles. (This class represents the competitor that wants an upgraded sound system but, drives his car daily and doesnt want to alter the interior)

Modified- The vehicle has modified interior panels. Upgraded door panels, kick panels, tweeter pillars, etc... but still represents the original interior as the manufacture intended. These are all production street vehicles. (This class represents the competitor that is willing to make modifications to his interior either for cosmetic reasons or to enhance the sound system.

Exotic- The vehicle has been modified in a way that it no longer appears as it did from the manufacture. New dash, new door panels relocated seats, etc.... Non production street vehicles would be allowed in this class. (This class represents the competitor that is willing to rebuild the interior to try to achieve the ultimate sound system possible)

Monster- Vehicles that have taken Exotic to the extreme. (This class represents the competitor that is willing to go to the ultimate distance to achieve the very best sound system, or is willing to do out-of-the-ordinary modifications to the vehicle) Center-drive etc... This class is to represent the very best of whatever is possible, therefore should be subjected to very stringent installation judging, and unlimited SPL, and RTA...

Amature-- SQ and very basic install that assures vehicle safety. Competitor competes in this class for 2 seasons or if he wins World Finals he gets moved to Intermediate class..

Intermediate-- SQ and Install share similiar points and capped SPL. Competitor competes in this class for 2 seasons or if he wins wins World Finals he gets moved to the Pro class..

Pro-- Competitor can stay in this class forever..

Monster- Single class open to anyone at anytime.

The trunk area is "open" to installation on all vehicles.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am

Flashdance would be nostalgic and fun. Its just not the music the local guy of the street is listening to.

A SQ car playing AirForce vs. the traditional SQ music and a StreetBeat vehicle playing traditional SQ music vs. Airforce or the like all the time.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:12 am

flashdance was just a suggestion sir ... because of the low freqs most vehicles can't reproduce ... thats all ... i wish they would go back to using Chicago 17 for SQ ... but like i said ... it was just a suggestion ... I'm game either way ...
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:24 am

Mark and everyone... your car is in the class it needs to be in, period... only after you win a finals or hang out for a certain amount of time are you required to move up... this eliminates the sand baggers.... no one starts at the bottom and has to work up unless they build their car in those steps.... Your car for example would start out in the class that it is built for.... or anyones would....
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 am

Randall I meant no disrespect Sir. I was just explaining something.

I get it Gary.

I will say it. Similar to like what MECA uses. Your class would be based on what has been done to your vehicle.

To eliminate custom dash cars, center seat cars ect. in a class like intermediate.

Also I can see the you win finals it is time for you to move up or if you have been in the same class 5 years and placed 2nd for 5 years. Everyone wants that Finals Trophy but at some point you have to make room for the guys moving up.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Absolutely!

If we do classes where you add up mods, it could work, except there would still be potetential for a tweeter pillar car competing against a door speaker only car.... this possibly rules out a kid that just spent 1000.00 on his sytem but couldnt afford custom tweeter mounts, so he feels he doesnt have a chance, and doesnt compete... so their needs to be a line drawn at what you can and cannot do.. not a laundry list adding up to what amount of mods are allowed in a class or not...
Back to top Go down
autosoundtex

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:58 pm

I agree Gary. adding up mods would not work.

I just wish we all could agree on the classes so we can start talking about what would and would not be aloud in each class.

It seems to me that most of us agree with what Gary has purposed. I even like the Ida of the Crossover class.....

What is next with this?......
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:17 pm

All I care about is the final decision and what the class layout and rules are gonna be so I can start building.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

Mark Eldridge wrote:
You know... The only thing that really matters with the class structure is that the overall system will bring in as many new competitors as possible, and keep those who have been around for a while enthusiastic about coming back for more. If that means that a few people are unhappy with the classes, but hundreds more new to USACi like it, then we need to go with the majority. (I hope I'm in the majority when it's done... Smile )

If center seat cars are going to be a huge draw for other competitors and spectators to come see and hear, and having a class for one or two or thirty of these vehicles will work to greatly increase SQ competitor participation and crowd numbers, then by all means let's create the class.

If creating the Streetbeat crossover class will increase SQ competition participation (which I think it would work well), then we need to make room for that class.

I like the "points per modification type" system we discussed at the meeting for qualifying the vehicles. I think it is the best way to look at a vehicle, and place it in a class where it would be equitable with other vehicles in the class.

I also see the benefits of Gary's idea as well, although it would take several years for it all to settle out where everyone is in the right class. Until that time, there would be some competitors in classes where they don't belong, harvesting trophies.

Again, just make sure the classes attract as much competitor and spectator participation as possible. Cater to the majority that will help SQ grow again, in what ever form that may be.

On a tangential topic... One of the biggest problems I see is that even when we get a new person to compete in SQ, most times they are so overwhelmed by the rules, not understanding the scores they receive, nor how to work to improve the scores, that they simply give up after one or two shows. If we can help bring them in with good information and actually giving them an opportunity to learn, maybe more of them will stick around.

And, since one of the major drawbacks to having more than 10 classes seems to be the number of trophies the directors have to bring to the shows, here's an idea that may work to allow for fewer trohies needed, at least at all shows except Regionals and Finals. I mentioned this to Ralph after the meeting, so he knows about it already.

For the Expert competitors (or what ever they will be called with the new classes...), since they usually only compete at major events, how about creating some incentive for them to bring their fancy rides out to the local events. For Regionals and Finals, the Expert class(es) would be treated just like any other class, with full judging and trophies. But at all other show, the Expert competitors could bring their cars out to display, not be required to compete, and create an educational opportunity for the new competitors at the events. Let anyone at the show listen to the car, crawl around and learn about what we do as installers and competitors, talk about the rules, how to build an SQ competition vehicle, talk about music, explain why we don't ever want to do RTA in the judging lanes again Smile ,and in general help to educate anyone interested on what we do, why we do it, and how they can get involved.

Because they would not be competing, the excuse of "I need to keep the car clean for judging so I can't let anyone get inside to listen except the judges" wouldn't work. And in return for having their vehicles on display and working to help educate people on the in's and out's of SQ competition, the Expert competitors could receive first place points towards qualification for Finals.

Plus, as part of the qualification for Finals, USACi could require Experts to display at at least one or two single, double, or triple point events. This would put some pressure on Experts to participate at local events again.

And as far as SPL in the SQ lanes goes... Well, if anyone noticed at the Finals this year, I think I was the only SQ car in the entry hall that competed in an SPL format. And di you notice the crowd that gathered around the car when it was going on? probably 40 or more people to see a NASCAR SQ competition vehicle do SPL. Sure, maybe we need to look at how to do SPL without the potential to blow up systems... But if we can get a crowd to get up close to the SQ cars by doing SPL, then maybe they will stick around and ask questions about what we're doing, and we can steer the conversation towards explaining the whole SQ side of car audio. If we can't even get people to come up and look at the cars, then offer to let them listen to them, we're missing a great opportunity to get more people interested in doing SQ.

This is why I whole-heartedly support bringing SPl back into the mix in some of the SQ classes. Have classes with Install and SQ only, and then have an additional class with SPL added on top.

Ya know I love ya bro, but damn. Why don't you take a little more time to explain your position! These short one liners are not getting your point across. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 SQ classes   9 SQ classes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9 SQ classes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2