Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Vote_lcapMy Dad and our product with Jay Leno Voting_barMy Dad and our product with Jay Leno Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Vote_lcapMy Dad and our product with Jay Leno Voting_barMy Dad and our product with Jay Leno Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl 2010 louisiana 80inches stereo silence world globe drive chef records songs pics kyle dollar quad state build contest broken disc crank Audiopipe record finals Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

My Dad and our product with Jay Leno

Go down 
+5
BigE
SPL2K
Gabe Sanchez
PhatSam
zacdavis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Empty
PostSubject: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Hey guys, as many of you may know my father and I own the company E.R.S. and are familiar with the product we designed, tooled and have been producing for a few years now, the OilSaver.

Here's a really cool story, the short version...
My dad says "hey, i'm headed out to Cali so I can show Jay the OilSaver".
(without knowing him, any contacts of his, or even calling somebody to set up any kind of appointment, just went out there on a whim, btw what the hell is "a whim" anyways?, who ever came up with that phrase, whim, what a dorky word, anywho)
Well, I'll be the first to admit I was a naysayer, I laughed, told him he'd never be able to see him because he is so busy and security and yada yada...but...and I shouldn't be surprised, my dad proved me wrong:D (again, as he always does Razz)
heres a link to the vid....btw, he says he was really nervous because they just "winged it" and hell because he was on camera with Jay Leno haha....
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=217926

Last edited by zacdavis on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm

pretty sweet Zac. Tell him congrats
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Right on! Great job on your dads part! I didn't know that exists, and I want one. When I was in the military we had some strict policies on oil disposal. They have kind of stuck around in me as well. Heck I have my oil filter inverted right now on a drain screen to get all the residual oil out of it before I throw it away. As far as containers go I am going to toss them ... I haven't yet, but I will because I don't have one of those. The add mentioned Harbor Freight ... I may check into it before I toss it.

I am not a tree hugger or anything, but I would like decrease the amount of crap we dispose of.
Back to top Go down
SPL2K
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SPL2K

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:50 pm

pretty cool.

Since it takes several oil changes before you fill the extra quart, does the Oilsaver come with some type of lid or cover to keep dirt and dust out of it between oil changes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.SPL2K.com
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 pm

you would just seal up the oil container you used to empty into.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Thats an excellent point Michael.
There is two ways to rectify that situation, one would be to make a cover. The other would be just puting the funnel away between changes, the bottles will have drained all the residual oil from themselves within the day. And as Gabe mentioned you can store the bottle with it's cap between changes as well.

Gabe I'll send you one.

We're working a deal with a major oil company right now that will be giving them away with a mail-in certificate when you buy a case of their oil.

Pretty neat, the coolest part is, we mold these funnels out of actual recycled oil bottles!!!
If the bottles arent drained of residual oil the plastic cannot be used as re-grind material because the oil contanimates will cause the plastic to smoke as it is heated to it's flash point.

About 400 million quarts of oil are sold in California each year. When discarded, these 400 million containers would therefore contain more than 3 million gallons of residual oil. These contaminated and unrecyclable plastic containers are usually dumped in landfills, where the containers may leak. (In Connecticut most of these containers would be burned at resource recovery facilities). Recycling used oil containers not only removes them from the waste stream but has the added benefit of preventing leaking oil containers from contaminating other recyclables.
Not to mention you recover the oil you paid for!!!!

Anywho thanks for the replies guys. My dad is really proud right now, this project is finally coming around for us. It feels really good to see his years of work on this paying off. Heck I'm proud of him too:)
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:20 am

zacdavis wrote:
Gabe I'll send you one.

I have no problem paying for one bud. I like the concept a lot! I did an oil change on one of my cars Saturday and I will do another this weekend as well.
Back to top Go down
BigE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
BigE

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Cool wish I would have known about this earlier. Gonna get me one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274208
AudioWrap

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

I just read your story, very impressive! I'll definitely pick one up.
I can tell it runs in your blood. You’re a natural too.
Don’t stop, keep going!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.AudioWrap.com
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 pm

wow someones been going wayyy back on old post...lol
Back to top Go down
soundbybass
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
soundbybass

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:48 am

Hey Zac congrats to you and your dad, not any one person on this forum has chilled with leno cool honor if you ask me, and he did get to see the cars right?????
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:01 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
wow someones been going wayyy back on old post...lol
only posted 2 years ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dad and our product with Jay Leno   My Dad and our product with Jay Leno Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dad and our product with Jay Leno
Page 1 of 1