Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Vote_lcapSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Voting_barSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Vote_lcapSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Voting_barSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank world kyle record globe crzyblondgrl state songs Johncarr build dollar silence finals Audiopipe 80inches chef stereo drive contest 2010 louisiana broken records disc pics quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?

Go down 
+16
shadescustomtint
Skip01
Basshead Chapa
HO-AUDIO
PACman
zacdavis
super stock crx
n-stereo
TECH114
MAGNATUDE
Iron Maiden
12listen4
Crush
emperorjj1
jkrob21
Canaan
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Empty
PostSubject: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:49 pm

I know it has prolly happened to a few of you, but this is the first time its happened to us.

A while back, we became authorized dealers for...well, we will call em CompX (a well known 'good' brand). Well, we were meeting quota and doing pretty well w/ this brand. The our rep tried to set up up w/ all their wire/acc stuff. We already had a good supplier for wire and such so we declined.

About a month later, I was driving to walmart and noticed "CompX" banners in another local shops windows. I though...um...WTF?

We had our area locked...and now there is another shop 7 tenths of a mile away on the same road carrying one of your major brands.

CompX offer little to nothing to help, refuse to take back the BNIB inventory we have in stock. Then set up the other shop the SAME week they offered us their wiring/acc lines.

And since there is another shop right down the road selling the same stuff as us...we are having a hard time selling the product.

So...what would you do?

-Sell out of all the current CompX stuff at deep discount to get rid of it?

-Keep it on the shelf and sell at normal price...but have it take up space in the back where you could have your new/better brand...and at the same time have cost in the items that could be used for other purchases??
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:44 pm

What are some more of the details? From what you have stated so far, I think I would dump the brand.

Keep it if you're still makin money off of it. Internet sales make it a little hard to sell from brick and mortar these days. Even if you are the ONLY local dealer.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:57 pm

fornicate comp x and get a new brand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:23 am

dump it
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 am

unfortunately this is a problem cause by free enterprise.
we(the dealers want restricted lines) and the manufacture's executives who could care less about car audio just want to sell more so they look good with no regard for the long term effects it is having on our industry.
the manufactures do not care if it is sold online
the only thing they care about is sales volume
never believe anyone that says"we keep our product off the net"
a. because they can't
b. because it is their job to give you the snow job

if a dealer wants to have an exclusive line then have your own line produced.
you must have a considerable investment and do all of your own marketing. so the little guy gets the shaft again.
look a treo . they can sell it in thier store and know that they will never be undersold by the internet.

if anyone thinks that a manufacture cares about you then wake up. this is business and it stinks. you must never stop showing people that you can do it better and if you can't get a new job.

speaking of jobs.............hummm..... iam starting a new thread
Back to top Go down
12listen4

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 2:44 pm

We had the same happen to us only instead of the rep wanting to add wire and acc to us he wanted more volume so he added a store a few mile down the road in an area of where the most of our sales for that line came from. His excuse was he needed more volume in that area because of home office. now that our sales of that brand has almost gone away he is trying to threaten me to sell more of his line or they are going to pull it from me. I just giggled and asked for them to take back the product that I had in stock and they refused. They say want more support from the dealers but where is the suppert from the manufactures.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:49 pm

I am surprised that wal-mart isnt selling caskets. Dump it.
Back to top Go down
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 am

Wally did!

They sold hundreds of 6 foot tall real wooden caskets during Q3.

As for CompX, they violated the contract with your store if they promised exclusivity. CompX probably told your competitor they have exclusivity in your area. They cannot be trusted. Sadly, they would do the same thing again, even to your competitors. Dump them.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 pm

Yes Dump them. Had similar situation here. Manufacturer rep open dealer next to me. End up the other dealer can't hang with me, he end up going out of business. Now the Rep is kissing my pooter. Don't let the brand sell your customers. You sell yourself to your customers, Let them know why it is better to shop at your store. In NYC it is very competative, Stores are very close to each other. I see stores come and go, but I am still here. Do rite to your customers and in the long run it will pay off
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
n-stereo
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
n-stereo

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:59 am

i understand why you guys are not stating the name brands ,but as a car audio retailer being in the same boat as several of you ,i really want to know which brands and where this is happening . if you would rather pm me the info that would be great . our store gets solicited with brands every month being that we are one of the better stores in our area . the problems you are talking about is a huge problem with specialty stores . it has happened to me with Diamond Audio six years ago . we were supporting the whole line and never paid late .i called the factory ,president etc of Diamond and they could care less . i know the 16k a year wholesale wasn't that big but wtf . just as you guys have described . it has turned out for the best for us though . good riddance diamond .
Back to top Go down
n-stereo
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
n-stereo

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 am

TECH114 wrote:
Yes Dump them. Had similar situation here. Manufacturer rep open dealer next to me. End up the other dealer can't hang with me, he end up going out of business. Now the Rep is kissing my pooter. Don't let the brand sell your customers. You sell yourself to your customers, Let them know why it is better to shop at your store. In NYC it is very competative, Stores are very close to each other. I see stores come and go, but I am still here. Do rite to your customers and in the long run it will pay off

[b]amen TECH!!$ !!
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:37 am

Well, the company that screwed us is MTX/Mitek.
To hell w/ em now though.

We picked up DD and Clarion to take MTX's place.

Couldn't be happier...other than the fact that we are now having to get rid of all our MTX stock, cheap.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 am

I hear u. That is a good replacement. Congrats on the new lines. Best of luck
Back to top Go down
n-stereo
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
n-stereo

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 am

doesn't sound like mtx is ever a line i want to consider .
congrats on the new lines .
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

Number of posts : 1834

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:13 pm

burn the other shop down
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:10 pm

super stock crx wrote:
burn the other shop down

They'll do that on their own with one of their installs Laughing
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

Number of posts : 1834

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:18 pm

well i tryed to help
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:03 am

super stock crx wrote:
well i tryed to help
help what. burn the other shop down.
Back to top Go down
12listen4

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:25 pm

The company that did to us was Memphis. We were always told that there was a 30 mile dealer agreement, but I see how that went. We have now picked up T3 Audio because the rep actually went out of his way to guarantee me the 30 mile radius. I always say do your homework.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 pm

12listen4 wrote:
The company that did to us was Memphis. We were always told that there was a 30 mile dealer agreement, but I see how that went. We have now picked up T3 Audio because the rep actually went out of his way to guarantee me the 30 mile radius. I always say do your homework.
Were you meeting their requirement? I carry both brands and Memphis has more than speakers. Did you speak to your rep and ask him why?
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 pm

No way no way, KEEP THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STOCK IT TOO!!!
Push your other lines but sell the "brand X" at dealer cost (or at least offer it) to the customers as an alternative to your best lines.
It will force the shop down the road to meet those prices.
This is pretty shady to the other shop but hey, its business.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:32 pm

We are selling all our remaining MTX stock at dam near cost.
Even like that, we can't give it away. DD and Clarion are selling much better than MTX ever did.

Customers are loving the DD500's and 1500's.
Back to top Go down
PACman
PACman

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:01 am

I am a factory rep in tx area, and I certainly feel your pain. This type of sales rep is all to common, and at any given time you have a 30 day notice to be dropped per your contract, and normally does not ever go over shared lines in a territory. This industry is going to go through cleansing of bad reps, poor manufactures, and retailers that dont have a clue in order to keep there doors open. When time are bad you hunker down and work harder, not make knee jerk reactions and oversaturate the market. I guess I am different and dont need instant gratification, knowing that I work hard and my retailers and manufactures, will continue to do business with me for the marathon, not the short sprint. So not only choose your brands wisely, but also question your reps character. I wish you the best.
Pete/PACman
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:46 am

Thank you PACman.

We are cutting all ties to MTX/Mitek.
They offered no help in our situation and today we got some news that was icing on the cake.

Last week, I installed a TA5601 on 2 5515's in a crownvic...the customer did not touch the install after leaving the shop, but the amp ended up frying. It now cuts in and out. I did the customer good and exchanged the amp over the counter...we called up MTX for an RA# only to find out 'we are no longer authorized dealers'. Now the shop has the eat that amp.

Well...so long MTX/Mitek. Hope your reps learn about good business practices in the future. If not your company is in for a ride.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 am

lol our mtx rep isnt that great either.

but hey want to sell the blown amp?
Back to top Go down
HO-AUDIO

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:36 am

I can promise you this DD will never do that to a shop. I have been dealing with DD since 1999 and they are a great company and also refer a lot of business even outside of a 30 mile radius.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/highoutputaudio
Basshead Chapa
Basshead Chapa

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:47 pm

TECH114 wrote:
super stock crx wrote:
well i tryed to help

Do it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 am

Basshead Chapa wrote:
TECH114 wrote:
super stock crx wrote:
well i tryed to help

Do it! Twisted Evil
lol!
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: compx product   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:32 pm

We have had a similar situation happen here at our shop. We put $10 grand of product on a couple of pallets and ra'd it back to the manufacturer, always is nice to get screwed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: