Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Voting_barSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Vote_lcapSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Voting_barSo, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken state Johncarr contest crank disc dollar Audiopipe records songs chef globe world drive louisiana build finals 2010 record 80inches silence kyle stereo pics crzyblondgrl quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?

Go down 
+16
shadescustomtint
Skip01
Basshead Chapa
HO-AUDIO
PACman
zacdavis
super stock crx
n-stereo
TECH114
MAGNATUDE
Iron Maiden
12listen4
Crush
emperorjj1
jkrob21
Canaan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know it has prolly happened to a few of you, but this is the first time its happened to us.

A while back, we became authorized dealers for...well, we will call em CompX (a well known 'good' brand). Well, we were meeting quota and doing pretty well w/ this brand. The our rep tried to set up up w/ all their wire/acc stuff. We already had a good supplier for wire and such so we declined.

About a month later, I was driving to walmart and noticed "CompX" banners in another local shops windows. I though...um...WTF?

We had our area locked...and now there is another shop 7 tenths of a mile away on the same road carrying one of your major brands.

CompX offer little to nothing to help, refuse to take back the BNIB inventory we have in stock. Then set up the other shop the SAME week they offered us their wiring/acc lines.

And since there is another shop right down the road selling the same stuff as us...we are having a hard time selling the product.

So...what would you do?

-Sell out of all the current CompX stuff at deep discount to get rid of it?

-Keep it on the shelf and sell at normal price...but have it take up space in the back where you could have your new/better brand...and at the same time have cost in the items that could be used for other purchases??
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TCSMOBILE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TCSMOBILE

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 am

Screw dealers, wait for wholesale lots to turn up. Or Better yet......Start buying and selling used.

You would not believe some of the finds i have come across..........
Back to top Go down
Navy01Z
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Navy01Z

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 am

Canaan wrote:
Thank you PACman.

We are cutting all ties to MTX/Mitek.
They offered no help in our situation and today we got some news that was icing on the cake.

Last week, I installed a TA5601 on 2 5515's in a crownvic...the customer did not touch the install after leaving the shop, but the amp ended up frying. It now cuts in and out. I did the customer good and exchanged the amp over the counter...we called up MTX for an RA# only to find out 'we are no longer authorized dealers'. Now the shop has the eat that amp.

Well...so long MTX/Mitek. Hope your reps learn about good business practices in the future. If not your company is in for a ride.

That is really crappy on MTX's part. Up until I read this post I was blaming the rep but to have the company themselves shun you like that is pretty f-ed up. I have always liked MTX too but that sux.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navy01z
nesoundoff
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nesoundoff

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Navy01Z wrote:
Canaan wrote:
Thank you PACman.

We are cutting all ties to MTX/Mitek.
They offered no help in our situation and today we got some news that was icing on the cake.

Last week, I installed a TA5601 on 2 5515's in a crownvic...the customer did not touch the install after leaving the shop, but the amp ended up frying. It now cuts in and out. I did the customer good and exchanged the amp over the counter...we called up MTX for an RA# only to find out 'we are no longer authorized dealers'. Now the shop has the eat that amp.

Well...so long MTX/Mitek. Hope your reps learn about good business practices in the future. If not your company is in for a ride.

That is really crappy on MTX's part. Up until I read this post I was blaming the rep but to have the company themselves shun you like that is pretty f-ed up. I have always liked MTX too but that sux.

x2
Back to top Go down
http://www.nesoundoff.com
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:52 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
I am surprised that wal-mart isnt selling caskets. Dump it.

it wasnt walmart selling he was on his way to walmart and saw another retail car audio shops banner.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:49 pm

I would keep the "brandX" line and sell it for pennies above dealer cost. Even keep some of their product in stock.
Tell your customers, "brandX product has been having warranty issues and the overall quality of the product has gone down hill."
But tell them if they still want to buy it no problem, and give them prices that are so low the shop down the street has to lower their prices too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?   So, how would you like this to happen at your shop? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, how would you like this to happen at your shop?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2