Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_lcapStreet Beat Options - Vote! Voting_barStreet Beat Options - Vote! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_lcapStreet Beat Options - Vote! Voting_barStreet Beat Options - Vote! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad 80inches Audiopipe songs contest state pics stereo dollar crzyblondgrl drive disc crank Johncarr louisiana silence kyle records chef finals globe 2010 build broken world record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Street Beat Options - Vote!

Go down 
+25
Moparbass28
Jeremiah25
Skip01
BillGass
TeamSpead-Kenny
dbracer79
jkrob21
2loudcrew
zacdavis
Twisted Image
Kicker Kevin
scionsoloxb
ibbangin
TECH114
Merlonspl
bumpin s-10
HellRzR
towboatbobby
Mike Jaffe
slumpinhonda
extreme kustomz
Matt_Sibley
sanman
Stingraysevenout
BBGIC
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wich do you prefer?
1. Only use the current USACI SPL CD - Music tracks only
Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_lcap31%Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_rcap
 31% [ 17 ]
2. Only music available through national retailers. The music must contain a discernable bass beat or rhythm (not a tone). The music must contain non-computer generated vocals. (Must be a SONG)
Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_lcap69%Street Beat Options - Vote! Vote_rcap
 69% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 55

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Street Beat Options - Vote! Empty
PostSubject: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:40 pm

We have two options for the music in Street Beat.

1. Only use the current USACI SPL CD - Music tracks only

2. Only music available through national retailers. The music must contain a discernable bass beat or rhythm (not a tone). The music must contain non-computer generated vocals. (Must be a SONG)

We will conclude the poll at Kickoff on Sunday. Majority wins it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:42 pm

You get my message mr ralph?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 pm

i think the usac cd is the best option for policing
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 pm

I think forcing people to use the usaci cd will take away some of the original intent of street beat. At least in our area, a lot of new guys like the class because they can play a song that they know hits on their system, play things that they ride around listening to everyday.

Perhaps this should be one of the first items on the competitor committee agenda for discussion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:51 pm

I think we all know whats legal and not legal

I would love for Usaci to say that "X" CD can not be used.

The loud as hell CD for me is ify. The one used at finals was a joke IMO.

Maybe make the SB5 guys use a Usaci CD and others not

Street Beat should be about daily drivers and what they listen too, not listening to something thats going against the rules.
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 pm

i dont think the same, i think the commercially bought cds but enforce it better would be better, some people like me spent all year listening to actual tracks trying to find something that worked well and i loved doing that, now say they have the spl cd, he did not say street beat cd, he said spl cd, how many music tracks are on there? not that many which would make it to where someone could very easily take that cd and build a system around just that cd, wheras if you have a variety of music but it must be actual tracks then more people, even newcomers would like to try it, and possibly get into it since every song is different and no matter what freq. they are tuned to if they search hard enough they can find a track that works for them, remember this is all in my own opionion. all year last year i experimented with songs and to tell you the truth lil jon worked best with my setup. but thats what makes street beat fun, as long as people dont do like they did at finals and use one song and thats what took home the trophies, like i said in my own opinion
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mitzutuner
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

why it doesnt force spl competitors out by making us use the damm cd we use it it also has tracks that you can taylor a sb setup to so whats the differance this is the point in time you cut it off and take all the grey area's out of the equation by saying the usac cd is what ure going to use, and if you dont do this then there will always bee issues in this format
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

dBSteve wrote:
I think we all know whats legal and not legal

I would love for Usaci to say that "X" CD can not be used.

The loud as hell CD for me is ify. The one used at finals was a joke IMO.

Maybe make the SB5 guys use a Usaci CD and others not

Street Beat should be about daily drivers and what they listen too, not listening to something thats going against the rules.

i agree, it is what is listened to daily and most people dont ride around listneing to the usaci spl cd daily
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

Subject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote! Today at 4:55 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont think the same, i think the commercially bought cds but enforce it better would be better, some people like me spent all year listening to actual tracks trying to find something that worked well and i loved doing that, now say they have the spl cd, he did not say street beat cd, he said spl cd, how many music tracks are on there? not that many which would make it to where someone could very easily take that cd and build a system around just that cd, wheras if you have a variety of music but it must be actual tracks then more people, even newcomers would like to try it, and possibly get into it since every song is different and no matter what freq. they are tuned to if they search hard enough they can find a track that works for them, remember this is all in my own opionion. all year last year i experimented with songs and to tell you the truth lil jon worked best with my setup. but thats what makes street beat fun, as long as people dont do like they did at finals and use one song and thats what took home the trophies, like i said in my own opinion

if you do not police it up now what happend at finals isnt all that hard to duplicate and being you are someone in this position to feel like you got screwed over at finals then get use to it cause it will happen time and time again. Them cd's were this years cheater amps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

neither, i think we need an official usaci sb disc in addition to the one we have now, have a variety of songs on there, not just the ten or however many bass tracks that are on the usaci cd now.

maybe open up a topic for dicussion as to the tracks that be on that disc. tracks decided on by the competitors for the competitors. same type criteria as you have above, with final approval on the songs by usaci

also i think it was brought up before, let the competitor use whatever they want (song wise with lyrics) at single and double point events, then the must use a usaci cd at 3x and up events. acceptable cds for single and doubles would be at the descrestion of the head judge at that event.

i know it might take some time to put a cd together, but i think would be well worth it

i just dont like the idea of using the current usaci cd, but at the same time, i don't like the second choice either because i belive there would still be gray areas people could get into
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 pm

kickercrx wrote:
neither, i think we need an official usaci sb disc in addition to the one we have now, have a variety of songs on there, not just the ten or however many bass tracks that are on the usaci cd now.

maybe open up a topic for dicussion as to the tracks that be on that disc. tracks decided on by the competitors for the competitors. same type criteria as you have above, with final approval on the songs by usaci

also i think it was brought up before, let the competitor use whatever they want (song wise with lyrics) at single and double point events, then the must use a usaci cd at 3x and up events. acceptable cds for single and doubles would be at the descrestion of the head judge at that event.

i know it might take some time to put a cd together, but i think would be well worth it

i just dont like the idea of using the current usaci cd, but at the same time, i don't like the second choice either because i belive there would still be gray areas people could get into

yeah i think a sb cd would be cool as well but the spl cd tracks arent that great for street beat use and like i said before i dunno too many ppl. riding around listening to that. but a sb cd with about 20 tracks on it would be very intresting to see
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:03 pm

an official usac sb cd sounds good as well nice suggestion chad you airforce poser
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm

i do agree with chad on his idea.............have competitors pick out some different songs for a general CD then make that the official CD for 3X and up shows any Music cd for 1X and 2X shows
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

SB cd would be the best. Problem is, commercial music will cost as much as $25,000 per track. Pandics may be willing to make a deal but it would be bass cd's, not commercial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 pm

how about common sense? sometimes that isnt' even cheap Sad

All Usaci would have to do is say,( example ): " Loud as hell CD can't be used "

Just keep record of what can't be used in a subboard of the Street Beat forum.

word will spread fast and people will know what they can and can't use.

This is the best and cheapest way IMO

A SB CD may be cool and all, but not for the daily driver or newb kid on the street.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 pm

I really didn’t want to get into this discussion, but based on some of the comments so far, I’d feel remiss if I didn’t.

I for one don’t think there’s anything drastically wrong with Street Beat as it is now, with the exception of some of the tracks that we’ve (USACi show promoters) have allowed competitors to use. Hell, truth be known, I’ve encouraged guys to use them to increase their scores. I am not without fault!

What Jeff Sanford is saying is absolutely true. Setting up for Street Beat isn’t a whole lot different than for Outlaw SPL. Find a song with an obnoxious bass note that plays for 30 seconds or more and tune your system accordingly, and you are a serious Street Beat competitor. Not much different than a system set up to be competitive in Outlaw SPL.

Is there someone out there that can convince me that he or she runs around town listening to D J Magic Mike playing a 3 minute long bass tone? Not music, not something with some rhythm or vocals but a silly sounding, long assed bass note? C’mon guys, let’s at least offer something a little more sensible to debate.

This is one of those rare times that I agree with Ralph. You are being given a choice. If it were me in his position, I would probably just pick criteria to outlaw songs with and case closed. But you are being given a chance to choose whether that’s what you prefer or whether to just use one or more of the 8 songs on the current Outlaw SPL CD.

Yes, if you’ve been using a song (I use the term loosely) with a tone in it, your score will likely go down some. On the other hand, so will everyone else’s. And with all the talent that we have in USACi’s membership ranks, I’m certain that you’ll still build some damned awesome scoring vehicles.

Flame away.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Why change something thats working?

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:24 pm

What I cant figure out,I'm slow ok,Is why are people bi****n about other people using a CD that they themselves can buy,why lay blame on USACI for allowing it,and competitors for using it.Go out and buy it and poof you have the same advantage,if thats what you want to call it.
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 pm

because it defeats the original intension of this class. a 30 sec burp isnt what it was supposed to be.and i could care less im not in sb. but thats the facts
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:33 pm

HellRzR wrote:
because it defeats the original intension of this class. a 30 sec burp isnt what it was supposed to be.and i could care less im not in sb. but thats the facts

Absolutely! We offered Street Beat as a music format to be added to our Outlaw SPL format.
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 pm

OK,pick out the tracks w/out test tones as previous stated and make an additio to the present USACI CD and use it,instead of the judges having to police each and every CD that comes in the lanes.I don't run SB either,was,but that may change if it's that much discrepency on music selection,hate to have a stack of CD's to use for each class you run.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm

kickercrx wrote:

x 1 million. A dedicated streetbeat cd would be best. The current spl cd doesn't have enough to offer.
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:17 pm

exactly what i was saying, all the new comers and daily cars wont like it, here where i live most everyone has daily cars, so it gives them a chance to compete
Back to top Go down
Merlonspl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Merlonspl

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:22 pm

sanman wrote:
why it doesnt force spl competitors out by making us use the damm cd we use it it also has tracks that you can taylor a sb setup to so whats the differance this is the point in time you cut it off and take all the grey area's out of the equation by saying the usac cd is what ure going to use, and if you dont do this then there will always bee issues in this format

Agreed 100%. Grey areas have been a problem in the past for this sport. Outlaw CD would surely level the playing field
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
I think forcing people to use the usaci cd will take away some of the original intent of street beat. At least in our area, a lot of new guys like the class because they can play a song that they know hits on their system, play things that they ride around listening to everyday.

Perhaps this should be one of the first items on the competitor committee agenda for discussion?
Agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 pm

USACI wrote:
SB cd would be the best. Problem is, commercial music will cost as much as $25,000 per track. Pandics may be willing to make a deal but it would be bass cd's, not commercial.

thats understood........something like one of them mix cds would be awesome.....but price wise probably just better allowing commercial cds eliminate the idea of tone "music"........ single out those cds/songs....
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Mike Jaffe wrote:
I really didn’t want to get into this discussion, but based on some of the comments so far, I’d feel remiss if I didn’t.

I for one don’t think there’s anything drastically wrong with Street Beat as it is now, with the exception of some of the tracks that we’ve (USACi show promoters) have allowed competitors to use. Hell, truth be known, I’ve encouraged guys to use them to increase their scores. I am not without fault!

What Jeff Sanford is saying is absolutely true. Setting up for Street Beat isn’t a whole lot different than for Outlaw SPL. Find a song with an obnoxious bass note that plays for 30 seconds or more and tune your system accordingly, and you are a serious Street Beat competitor. Not much different than a system set up to be competitive in Outlaw SPL.

Is there someone out there that can convince me that he or she runs around town listening to D J Magic Mike playing a 3 minute long bass tone? Not music, not something with some rhythm or vocals but a silly sounding, long assed bass note? C’mon guys, let’s at least offer something a little more sensible to debate.

This is one of those rare times that I agree with Ralph. You are being given a choice. If it were me in his position, I would probably just pick criteria to outlaw songs with and case closed. But you are being given a chance to choose whether that’s what you prefer or whether to just use one or more of the 8 songs on the current Outlaw SPL CD.

Yes, if you’ve been using a song (I use the term loosely) with a tone in it, your score will likely go down some. On the other hand, so will everyone else’s. And with all the talent that we have in USACi’s membership ranks, I’m certain that you’ll still build some damned awesome scoring vehicles.

Flame away.

this guy has got some sence.... "there" scores would also go down if they are policed the same.

i think usaci inconsistency was tha problem. i say since certain cd's were allowed why change it now.Or just outlaw the "loud as hell" cd and the "so loud it hertz" cd...Makeing people use one certain cd would take alot of the fun out of it. Finding a good song is alot of the challange. we just got out of hand last year... I say tighten it up some and lets run it back

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:54 pm

towboatbobby wrote:
What I cant figure out,I'm slow ok,Is why are people bi****n about other people using a CD that they themselves can buy,why lay blame on USACI for allowing it,and competitors for using it.Go out and buy it and poof you have the same advantage,if thats what you want to call it.

cause that cd wasn't available like people say it was being sold at finals and only certain people got it...
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 pm

i got it now!
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:53 pm

how many ppl do you know got pissed and never comp. again because a person was using a cd like loud as hell and the "other cd"? how many local guys did sb at finals?? any and every cd should be used in sb. what if i dont like "rap" or "rock" define music!!! i listen to bass cds all the time. acually i listen to so loud it hurts and the "other" cd almost daily. lets just get this crap on the move so i can yeild the same results!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Options - Vote!   Street Beat Options - Vote! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Beat Options - Vote!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next