Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Vote_lcapWinners moving to pros - Page 2 Voting_barWinners moving to pros - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Vote_lcapWinners moving to pros - Page 2 Voting_barWinners moving to pros - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef 80inches drive stereo 2010 Johncarr dollar record world silence contest broken disc songs globe Audiopipe crank crzyblondgrl state louisiana records pics finals quad build kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Winners moving to pros

Go down 
+19
scionsoloxb
Kicker Kevin
Talonesi
quad box
aphinney
Stingraysevenout
cavi_in_kc
Streetbeatz01
PhatSam
BillGass
its_a_sleeper
slumpinhonda
DMAN
Moparbass28
sanman
Nick
Crash
mschwitz
The Ambulance
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

The problem i see is that competitors never have to move up. say you start at a local stance then stay there to dominate. I think that if you place 2/3 years at finals it should move you up to a professional status then that would leave all the locals/newbies a chance right now the newbies have to compete against all the "pros". I.E. could you imagine wanting to football for the first time and getting put in with the greats. you would never play. thats why they have college then the NFL. You didn't see joe montana or jerry rice staying in college ball to win do ya they had to move up just like the others. Our problem isn't classes it's the difference of a true pro or someone who should be pro. I believe we can't get new comers because they don't get a chance to win they jump straight in the ring with all the greats. make stock for newbies then make pro stock for non newbies keep mod classes the same. no ones gonna jump into mod not knowing what to do(thats just common sense).Say start this year make a class just for new people no finalists bet ya have a great turnout...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:49 pm

quad box wrote:
ahhh the truth hurts!!! again just what show do you want us to goto on the west coast with the b&k to show any kind of number??? then when it does happen i want you to come out and play and get some points other than you home area!!!

you went to 1 show last year.........if you cant put out anything positive to help this sport stay off the forum please......
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:58 pm

im with kev on this
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 pm

slumpinhonda wrote:
quad box wrote:
ahhh the truth hurts!!! again just what show do you want us to goto on the west coast with the b&k to show any kind of number??? then when it does happen i want you to come out and play and get some points other than you home area!!!

you went to 1 show last year.........if you cant put out anything positive to help this sport stay off the forum please......
how many local shows did we have last year??? one!!! travel more than 2k miles round trip for shows that's out of a local area, i love this sport enough to start my own org to help bring in new blood,and work with other orgs, already told Usaci it's in the works, people want cost cuts, people want level playing feild, you want events with 300+ in the lanes, you want cash it's coming !!
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:57 pm

get off this topic please....this is a serious topic and you guys have spammed this post...make a new post....thank you.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:00 pm

no CHANGES GUYS, HE ALREADY SAID ...... SO WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT IT STILL?
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Exactley. Why keep beating the horse. It not dead and not going to be back till next year, when it will die on this subject.lol Razz
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:22 pm

I agree that there should be a good starter class that is 1-2 years and then you have to move on, but as other people stated, we had this in the past and it didn't work out, and like sanford said, it is not fair to just force people/expect them to move out of a class, especially to go to a class that has no compeitors, etc..

Anyways that is just my 2 cents.... and it is probably worth less than that to most of you guys:)
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:07 pm

keep the same classes! theres no competitors in ps because noone moves up. the numbers are damn near the same! i think the problem is that guys dont have as much competition in the stock classes and are used to breezing thru. does that mean they dont work hard, hell no! they work their asses of but would rather take a gauranteed win over a close run. this isnt a legal position organization so you dont need a van with 100 batts or 100kw to win. hell bruces score was AMAZING! im not sure which amps he ran but that wouldve been a hellova score for ps and mod. it just proves my point that there comes a time and place in everyones career that they should step up, its call a challenge! thats the entire reason for what we do. im not real sure about forcing people to do this cause there are always loop holes, but i would hope that simple ethics and drive would be enough. just my .02.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:13 pm

I am moving up and out....
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:19 pm

not just pointing you out bruce so please dont think that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:20 pm

na, I know you wasnt, but your right, its not fun no more, so i go for a challenge, the reason i stayed this yr is I wanted to see if I could
3pete, and I had tim Timmy, and unknowingly sweep so made it interesting.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:42 pm

congrats on the 3pete! im still in aw of that score!b
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:55 pm

charlesestes wrote:
keep the same classes! theres no competitors in ps because noone moves up. the numbers are damn near the same! i think the problem is that guys dont have as much competition in the stock classes and are used to breezing thru. does that mean they dont work hard, hell no! they work their asses of but would rather take a gauranteed win over a close run. this isnt a legal position organization so you dont need a van with 100 batts or 100kw to win. hell bruces score was AMAZING! im not sure which amps he ran but that wouldve been a hellova score for ps and mod. it just proves my point that there comes a time and place in everyones career that they should step up, its call a challenge! thats the entire reason for what we do. im not real sure about forcing people to do this cause there are always loop holes, but i would hope that simple ethics and drive would be enough. just my .02.

I had Chad(last years stock 301-900 world champion) and Chris(Crash-first year at finals) in my class this year.
I had competition and worked my pooter off. I had no guarantee win. No one does if you ask me. I had a very close class at finals and always have. Almost all the stock classes were very close.

Bruce's score was much more impressive with less batteries and less voltage!!!!!!cheers cheers cheers
Stock is more challanging when the rules limit batteries and voltage.

Modified should have limited batteries and voltage. That would be funny!!!!!!!!!! See all the scores for mod: drop, drop, drop. lol!
Back to top Go down
BillGass
Above Average Contributor
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Kicker Kevin wrote:
Modified should have limited batteries and voltage. That would be funny!!!!!!!!!! See all the scores for mod: drop, drop, drop. lol!

Not all mod cars that placed ran 16 volt systems. Terry's mod 0-1000 will do the same number at 16v or 14.7v. For that I'd love to see everyone else run 14.7.
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 pm

BillGass wrote:
Kicker Kevin wrote:

Not all mod cars that placed ran 16 volt systems. Terry's mod 0-1000 will do the same number at 16v or 14.7v. For that I'd love to see everyone else run 14.7.

True but he has a bunch of expensive caps and amps that don't gain power by increasing voltage.
Back to top Go down
Streetbeatz01
Streetbeatz01

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Kicker Kevin wrote:
BillGass wrote:
Kicker Kevin wrote:

True but he has a bunch of expensive caps and amps that don't gain power by increasing voltage.
So on that note did he spend the money wiser.... Not looking like it with taking 4th or 5th you know.... But it would be dope to see others running that low of voltage because I tell you that mattered with a lot of the cars that ran at finals.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:26 am

12vs fine with me. remember i ran street max in drag with only 2 12v batts. id really like to limits on the stock cars like every other organization. full interiors, only 2 layers of deadener,and the cars off. only big difference i power between 12v and 16v is what imp. you can run. i can do almost a 161 with 2 pd2000.1s on 2 12v batts and a full interior, just gotta strap a littlr lower thats all,lol.
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:25 am

charlesestes wrote:
12vs fine with me. remember i ran street max in drag with only 2 12v batts. id really like to limits on the stock cars like every other organization. full interiors, only 2 layers of deadener,and the cars off. only big difference i power between 12v and 16v is what imp. you can run. i can do almost a 161 with 2 pd2000.1s on 2 12v batts and a full interior, just gotta strap a littlr lower thats all,lol.

I figured you would know what your van does on both limited 12v and 16v. I just wanted to hear your response! lol!
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:24 pm

why not bring prostock and stock together...????
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:20 pm

I'd like to see what happend if you had to run your car with no one in it that would be the real test. there is a reason other orgs dont let you sit in them to prevent hearing loss. osha laws states anything over 130+ db must wear hearing protection beacuse the damage is permant with us doing over 150+db even with hearing protection we are causing hearing loss that you will never get back. just passing on some helpful info because hearing aids are so sexy lol
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:30 pm

How about mod we only run 2 12 volt batteries in every class. I'm down with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Tim Schaffer wrote:
I'd like to see what happend if you had to run your car with no one in it that would be the real test.
I wouldn't have an issue with that.

The only thing I would question, is what do you do with the person running the CD player? Do you allow them to kneel down next to the car near the open door? Stand in the open door? Or do you force them to stay back?

Also, what would you do with the sensor? Leave it in the globe and just let it sit there during the burp, or would you use a stand?

Just things we'd have to figure out, but I do like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:05 pm

I guess a small 1ft stand would be cool that way the globe wont roll around on the floor. as for playing the car you could kneel or stand outside the max pressure will still be in the car
Back to top Go down
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:35 pm

your right about the hearing loss BUT, it's only that level in the kick in order to find out whats really in there you would have to mic it on your ear when your in the car not saying its that much quiter but it does make a difference. the main reasoning behind our really loud measurements is due to how well we manipulate the sensor in the kick. thats why drag is so much lower because there little to no placement manipulation.I know in my car there a world of diff from dash to kick then put bodies in and the measurement goes crazy! he he he....
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm

its not that much you look where most ppls heads are at the window now test your car at the dash and you are close. my car looses about 3.5 from the dash to the kick now open your door at the dash how much did you really loose
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:46 pm

yea....see u arent reading what he is saying....and your comments are valid...d b d r a g isnt down on usaci scores at all...they are very different scores. and secondly this sports should be on how loud u are not how much u can get loud with people inside of it...i agree with tim and you can run the car from the cdplayer outside of the vehicle or remote....that easy...
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:58 pm

yep i'm glad you made heads or tales of it Andrew. I mean I know I'm crazy but the rules say something about manipulating the mic anyway. look at the bright side all the nights of testing you have gone to bed with a head ache are over lol

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:58 pm

aphinney wrote:
and you can run the car from the cdplayer outside of the vehicle or remote....that easy...
I think you misunderstood my point. It wasn't asking how you would control the car, I'm well aware you can use a CD player standing up. Laughing My point was, even though you're outside the car, many cars are still damn loud outside of it.

Take Bruce's CRX for example. That thing is still going to be damn loud even if you're standing next to it. I wasn't in the lanes when he did his burp at finals, but there were many cars that got to my ears, even though I was 10-15 feet away. Now if I was standing right outside the door, that's still going to hurt.

I know Crash's CRX, when we were testing it at his house, would hurt my ears even with me standing next to it, and he was only doing high 59's at that point.

I wasn't going against Tim's idea, like I said, I think it's a good idea. I was just asking where those people should be standing. If in fact you allow them to stand next to the car, or kneel next to it, I think those people should still wear some sort of hearing protection. Just my opinion, so don't get upset if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 pm

Tim Schaffer wrote:
look at the bright side all the nights of testing you have gone to bead with a head ache are over lol
Or a sore knee, or a sore back, or a sore head from it bouncing off the dash. Laughing I'm sure it'd make people happy.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 pm

yes you should wear it next to it anyway if you are over 150db inside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winners moving to pros   Winners moving to pros - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winners moving to pros
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next