Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapfinally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Voting_barfinally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapfinally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Voting_barfinally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
build dollar songs 80inches stereo finals louisiana records record kyle silence 2010 drive crank contest broken state crzyblondgrl Johncarr pics world quad chef globe disc Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

finally got all the pieces now just building it!!

Go down 
+5
chrisfish
AudioAnonymous
Skip01
mfivespeed
poundstone
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

here are some pics of whats goin in and what its goin in!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2181

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2182

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2177

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2180

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2170

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2169

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2167

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2166

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2165
and some pics of my great grandpas table saw im restorin!! still works great just needs rust taken off!!! and its a craftsman old school!!!just thought id share it with ya i think its pretty awesome!!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2173

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2174

this is the extension!! cast iron and weighs about 100 lbs!!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2175

Last edited by poundstone on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 pm

id test with and without all thread...
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm

I think the 44 is big enough to need some bracing next to the subs
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

chrisfish wrote:
I think the 44 is big enough to need some bracing next to the subs

yeah thats what i was thinkin at least bracing the sub face and see if its ok!! gotta get a new blade for my saw was not wanting to cut the 45's but here are some pics

got the saw cleaned up about as good as i can for now clr and steel wool then some wd-40 did it pretty good!!

]https://2img.net/h/i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/poundstone42069/100_2224.jpg[/IMG]

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2225

and some pics of the corners where i used the spax screws!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2227

ill post some more as soon as i get a new saw blade!!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2231

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2232

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2230

and some pics in process

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2229

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2236

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2237

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2238

and this is the gap between the where the ports will be and the back hatch! about 6-7 inches

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2234
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Nice progress!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

i actually have the amp and batteries in and mounted and wired just gotta finish wiring my volt meter and finish the box then wire up speakers!! hopin to get it done by this weekend but got all 3 kids this weeks so we will see how far i get!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 pm

If you need to have amps on the box use rubber to mount them on! Best to not mount them them there at all
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm

it is actually mounted to the side of the car not the box!lol i had a hell of a time figuring out how to fit it in there without mounting it on the box and this is the best i can think of! i had factory screws for 2 of them that just happened to line up so its bolted to the body itself!! hope its ok that close to the box but that all i can do with this design besides mounting it on the back of the seat the i only have like 4 inches between the hatch and the ports!! idk we will see how it does!!
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 pm

will it fit under the back seat?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Is there any space between the amp and box?
The amp just needs to be isolated from vibration or banging witch ever one you end up with! Lol
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

its really secure and the box is wedged in there ther is like 1/4 in between the box and amp so unless something happens it shouldnt touch if i notice it i might put it under the seat its just a pain getting it out and ill have to do some working to get it under there i like having it where i can access it easy and my back seat is not easy to get out. i have a storage spot under where my box goes thats big enough there just isnt any air movement in there and i cant access it easy either! oh well just keep tryin i guess!!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

ok so got it all built and wired! it is only at 1 ohm right now for daily use so seein i guess about 600 watts per sub but gonna wire down to .25 for comp!! port tuned to 53 hz for comp and can cover 2 ports to drop tuning down to 37 hz! ill get some vids of it in action when everything cures and subs are completely broke in and dont have kids tryin to sit in it!!lol but heres some pics and the last 1 is just a little vid of it at about half power!!

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2257
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2258
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2260
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2261
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2262

heres the gap between my amp and box chris!!!! both are bolted and dont seem to touch but its close!!lol

finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2263
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 100_2264
finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Th_100_2265
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Looks loud! Now let's fire up the termlab! Lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Looks like one of the kids like it
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Nice build. Everything's 100% proper with that box, and you've got quality gear to go with it.

53 Hz is a good tuning for compact SUVs, with subs in the rear and decent power. I'd bet you'll see max SPL when you tune the box somewhere around 48-53. 1/4 ohm is definitely possible on the PF600.1, but make sure you have an extra battery (or a nice main bat + h.o.alt.).

Keep us posted on the results.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

yeah my boy loves the boom booms!!lol gonna try and make it up to wisconsin for the sunday show if i can but we will c there arent that many comps around me! and i got 2 kinetic 2400's in the back already!! thanks guys im happy with it!! considering its only the second box i built in like 6 years i dont think it looks too bad!lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I think a slot port would be louder.
maybe next time!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

yeah i was thinkin bout it but just like how easy it is to change my tuning with the aeros. and also figured it would be best to just build a regular box to get back in the swing of things!! still a little rusty with the woodworking!lol
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:23 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally got all the pieces now just building it!!   finally got all the pieces now just building it!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

finally got all the pieces now just building it!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2