Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
att usaci points question - Page 3 Vote_lcapatt usaci points question - Page 3 Voting_baratt usaci points question - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
att usaci points question - Page 3 Vote_lcapatt usaci points question - Page 3 Voting_baratt usaci points question - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 Audiopipe pics dollar build disc broken stereo finals crzyblondgrl drive crank silence kyle songs chef record louisiana quad contest Johncarr state 80inches globe records world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

att usaci points question

Go down 
+14
AceFrealy
Aldo
daddy_j
Alan
Twisted Image
bruce-bruce
Upzaw2000
solo1
sanman
The_Rowlands
Talonesi
RitcheyRich
Stingraysevenout
rd s10
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

att usaci points question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

so whats the deal with points for finals there are a lot of ppl who got 200 points but don't have 75 in a class..... they have there points scattered all over the place...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm

AceFrealy wrote:
My veiws on points and invites.

If you get and invite for being a member of usaci and running street beat once the invite is only good for the street beat class you ran and the open classes (Port, Super port and Trunk).

Trunk simular to Street beat.(I think its open this year)

If you want to run Stock, Pro stock, Mod or Super mod you should have to have 200 points and 75 in the class you want to run. If you wanted to run Pro stock and Super mod you would have to have 200 points with 75 in Pro stock and 75 in Super mod. If you have 200 points and 75 in class and want to run a second class you can run Street beat, Trunk, Port wars or super port with out any other points. 75 point should be in car you take to finals.

If you don't have points you can only run Trunk, Port or Super port.

Points received for WR runs and judging should be used. Special invites and points curves should be very limited.

supermod is an open class
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:15 pm

I didn't catch that but you get my idea.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm

so frealy what class you running, because you kinda left it open to the imagination. You dont have 75 in any one class as of the shows already posted, unless you count that prostock open. Then you can compete in any class you want.
Not calling anyone out, but just as an example, because you were the last to respond. That prostock open kinda messes up the point count. Dont get mad I have just never seen this class before. I guess its kinda cool, because you leave everyone guessing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 pm

he's already said in mutiple spots he's doing pro 1801+. he's got 285 points and could do either pro0-600 or pro 1801+ from his results

pro stock is an open class at 1 and 2 x events, once again refering to the rulebook could do some people some good if you never heard of something as basic as the class prostock open
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm

I have been to many single and double point events and never seen prostock open in person. I heard of it, I just didnt know how the points would work with it. It gives the small town folks an advantage, because they can use those points as they wish. It must be a small town thing. Im not complaining just getting some info. I thought that was what this forum was for.

ok since you (kickercrx) havent ran 1801 and up prostock, but you have a couple prostock opens, if you see a low score in 1801 and up prostock, you could go into that class and maybe win it? I know there wont be a low score in prostock 1801 and up, but just as an example.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:19 pm

WOW.......

There are alot of no no being done then.. And at one point all these guys doing 0-600 601-1800 and so on in same division where only suppossed to get points for 1 out of the 3 hell ask Kieth they did multiple classes last year for points and they didn't get them all after Ralph saw multiple classes in one division... But from what yall are saying looks like they are getting all the points....

WOW. Good luck guys. i would get to building instead of Bittching.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:32 pm

well after looking through everyones name, it looks like there are 6 people that qualify for prostock 1801 and up. That dosent mean that there will be 6, just that they qualify for it. I was hoping for a top 5 finish. Doesnt look good. Sad

My truck is almost finished just need a new amp rack and a new box and new battery rack, well who am I kidding? My truck is nowhere near finished. As a matter of fact, I havent even strarted the build. I took measurements but thats it. lol.

I do plan on staying on the porch, until next year when I dont have to spend all my cash on shows, just on the system. Seeing as money talks and you dont need the full points anymore to qualify for finals. Wink
That doesnt mean Im not competing this year at finals, but the 6th place guy usually has to stay on the porch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Actually I would be entered into the class of which my amplifiers 4 ohm rating put me into, so if my 4 ohm rating was 1500 watts i would be in 601-1800 and couldn't do 1801+ unless maybe i had4 amps.

but anyway i couldnt wait to see what everyone else does at finals then pick a class sunday afternoon after i know what it takes to win, i'm pretty sure you have to register nlt sat morning to get your vehicle inside etc, so unless money really does rule over everything else i dont see anyone allowed to show up sunday and do that, that'd have to be a lot of money lolol, ok just playing i know that wouldn't be allowed.

but anyway back to your question of could someone with say 200 prostock open points compete in any power class they wish. well yes as long as the class they pick aligns with there amplifiers total power and amp limits. see 3-4 years ago they did not have prostock open. they had every power class at every show, but due to the low number of entries in prostock and super mod, they are just open power at 1 and 2x events and going on, since finals is an event that has power classes for these divisions a person with points in prostock open would be put in the class he/she's amplifiers dictate
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:39 pm

DADDYJ For now, but bye the time i get through showing you somethings about the S-10 you will deffinatly do better... Either way just going to finals instead of staying hm cause ya know ya gonna get beat means your a real compeditor just like all of us.. And one more thing bro. We all didn't start out winning we had to practice as well.... FO SHO so screw the porch and just have fun

Last edited by Stingraysevenout on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:40 pm

daddy_j wrote:
well after looking through everyones name, it looks like there are 6 people that qualify for prostock 1801 and up. That dosent mean that there will be 6, just that they qualify for it. I was hoping for a top 5 finish. Doesnt look good. Sad

My truck is almost finished just need a new amp rack and a new box and new battery rack, well who am I kidding? My truck is nowhere near finished. As a matter of fact, I havent even strarted the build. I took measurements but thats it. lol.

I do plan on staying on the porch, until next year when I dont have to spend all my cash on shows, just on the system. Seeing as money talks and you dont need the full points anymore to qualify for finals. Wink
That doesnt mean Im not competing this year at finals, but the 6th place guy usually has to stay on the porch.

well if you counted me in those 6 i will not be there. the points cutoff is the 13th though for your final count. don't let how many people are eligible for that class dictate if you come or not, or even how loud you try to make your vehicle, just build it as loud as you possibly can with what you got and go and have fun
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 pm

you guys are right, I will go and have fun. Like I said I wasnt expecting any first place trophy, I am going to learn and compete at the same time. I build my own system and try to stay away from the normal setups that get everyone the 163dbs+, I try my own things and locally they are good enough to walk away with trophies. Around my area some of the competitors consider me a big dog, but compared to some of you guys Im still a pup.

For a long time my goal was 150dbs with two 10s and I did it. Then I was looking for 156dbs with two 15s and I did it. Now Im looking for 163dbs with three 15s, lets see if I can do it.
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:23 pm

daddy_j wrote:
you guys are right, I will go and have fun. Like I said I wasnt expecting any first place trophy, I am going to learn and compete at the same time. I build my own system and try to stay away from the normal setups that get everyone the 163dbs+, I try my own things and locally they are good enough to walk away with trophies. Around my area some of the competitors consider me a big dog, but compared to some of you guys Im still a pup.

For a long time my goal was 150dbs with two 10s and I did it. Then I was looking for 156dbs with two 15s and I did it. Now Im looking for 163dbs with three 15s, lets see if I can do it.

If you have a dime listen to Jimbo. On my own i topped doing 156's in my truck manned with two 15's. Now I'm climbing again with three 15's and Jimbos advice.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:35 pm

kickercrx wrote:
Alan wrote:
Maybe they should pay attention to cars too then.. 75 points in your finals class and CAR.. even if there is a curve. but that would involve a director doing more than sitting in a chair starting the TL. i cant remember the last time i saw anyone even check amps or make sure a car was really legal for stock.. so this might be TO much work.. lol

no where in the rule book does it say anything about having to get the points in the car you will be using at finals

how many times do i have to tell people to read the rule book on here before they make a post
... i think you misunderstood my post.. i meant it as in its something that SHOULD start happening .. but i sure do appreciate your tone... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Your doing it on your own bro, im just simply pointing you in right direction with the little things... Its all your work for sure bro...Thanks for the props. They are just all i know. LOL most designs ive tried it at one time or another.. Matter of fact have a weird idea for one that would deff be different just dont know if it would work.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm

And im too old or too lazy to try it...LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Talonesi wrote:
Stingraysevenout wrote:
Ummm Chad ole chad.. you and your rulebook bro... Call Ralph on the whole must be in car your using... He has said it for 10 years now... Things are not always so cut and dry with the rules like you think sir....

i called ralph directly last year. points are for the person not the vehicle.
but they really SHOULD be for both.. at least the 70pts... member/car/class should all have 70pts...
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I hope I didnt upset anyone, I met Jimbo in Austin and is a cool guy. I Also know that he knows his stuff. I will certainly listen to any advice he may have to offer. Jimbo you have a pm.
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:53 pm

so 6 pages and no answer from usaci
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Hmmmm makes you wonder huh
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:59 pm

by not answering the question, they answered the question. Money Talks. Too bad I don't have any Sad
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:33 pm

kickercrx wrote:
you can only compete in one class per division at a show. so yeah you can apply the open points to say, 0-600 if you want, but not both 0-600 and 601-1800 because you can only do one power class per division per show.

that brings up another point, after looking at the results i saw directors are still letting people do this, which all leads to what we have already said, its all about the money, not the rule book, the rulebook says only 1 class per divison at each show, but the almighty dollar's voice is louder than the rulebooks voice and says you can compete in as many power classes as you want within the division at whatever show you want. if i remember right one of them was even a 3x event, did like prostock 0-600, 601-1800, and 1801+ all at the same show

page 8 para 2

Each vehicle can be entered and judged in only one power class but in as many divisions as it
may qualify to compete in

Streetbeat you can do this as long as you meet the requirements per class, but not outlaw spl

Directors ARE NOT allowing people to break that rule. When we see it in the results here we delete them from the file.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm

mabey i miss read the rules but i thought even with pro open u still needed 75 in the class u wanted to run at finals
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 pm

QUALIFYING FOR COMPETITION IN THE USACI FINALS:
A competitor member accruing 200 or more points for SPL or 100 or more points in Sound
Quality within the competition season will automatically qualify for an invitation to the USACI
World Finals. USACI will award additional World Finals invitations in each state based on points
accrued in comparison to the total number of points available in that state. In states with no points
and in specific cases to be decided by the Rules and Ethics Board, USACI may issue “special
invitations”.
A competitor may compete in multiple divisions at the world finals if the competitor so chooses.
The competitors must compete in the division and class in which he/she accrued the majority of
his/her points prior to competing in any other class or division.
USACI competitor members will accrue event points based on the following schedule.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:41 pm

USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:
you can only compete in one class per division at a show. so yeah you can apply the open points to say, 0-600 if you want, but not both 0-600 and 601-1800 because you can only do one power class per division per show.

that brings up another point, after looking at the results i saw directors are still letting people do this, which all leads to what we have already said, its all about the money, not the rule book, the rulebook says only 1 class per divison at each show, but the almighty dollar's voice is louder than the rulebooks voice and says you can compete in as many power classes as you want within the division at whatever show you want. if i remember right one of them was even a 3x event, did like prostock 0-600, 601-1800, and 1801+ all at the same show

page 8 para 2

Each vehicle can be entered and judged in only one power class but in as many divisions as it

Streetbeat you can do this as long as you meet the requirements per class, but not outlaw spl

Directors ARE NOT allowing people to break that rule. When we see it in the results here we delete them from the file.

but SOME ONE is allowing them to do it at the shows??? and Taking the competitors money,allowing them to think its ok and they are getting the points.. then you guys delete them in the office? do you send the competitor back the money the person running the show stole from him/her??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Alan wrote:
kickercrx wrote:
Alan wrote:
Maybe they should pay attention to cars too then.. 75 points in your finals class and CAR.. even if there is a curve. but that would involve a director doing more than sitting in a chair starting the TL. i cant remember the last time i saw anyone even check amps or make sure a car was really legal for stock.. so this might be TO much work.. lol

no where in the rule book does it say anything about having to get the points in the car you will be using at finals

how many times do i have to tell people to read the rule book on here before they make a post
... i think you misunderstood my post.. i meant it as in its something that SHOULD start happening .. but i sure do appreciate your tone... Rolling Eyes

no prob.

i have seen some people verify cars and amps before, bill gass always did it, he even checked voltage, rich clauser did too. I remember a younger guy he had working for him checked my car one time and even had me show him my owners manual for my amp since he didnt know what it put out, glad i had it with me, thats the one time it actually came in handy at a show
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:58 pm

USACI did not answer for a couple of reasons

1. This is the first time I have read this post.
2. The S--t is too deep for my waders...

So...

Some states have a points cure, some do not.
Some classes are open invite and others are not.
Some people get to go to finals under a hardship (Active Military)
Some people will do more than one class.
Rules and Ethics may issue "Special Invitations"
You may see someone in your class that you think should not be there.

USACI will do everything we can to make sure the rules are followed. If we miss something we expect you to bring it to our attention so we can deal with it.
If you see something and bring to the attention of everyone EXCEPT USACI, we cannot properly deal with it. Then you become a “trouble maker” and your case is most likely already lost.

As for the money, USACI his lost tens of thousands of dollars because they were unwilling to change a rules or make special accommodations to sponsors, etc. Many Rules and Ethics decision cost USACI thousands, but they are made anyhow. The money issue is mute.

In the end:

If you lose at finals, you were not loud enough.
"He didn’t have points, his girlfriend ran the car, he did too many classes, he used someone else’s RCA cable, his sister distracted the judges," etc are all great excuses for why you are not loud enough to beat him. Imagine if you did not have those excuses..

But wait, you place second at finals and then protest and get the guy who beat you disqualified due to a technicality, you still lost to someone louder than you, you just got the first place trophy.

This is about competition, being the loudest and the best. Win by being the loudest, not by getting all the cars that are louder than you disqualified.

Just a thought…

Last edited by USACI on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Alan wrote:
USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

page 8 para 2

but SOME ONE is allowing them to do it at the shows??? and Taking the competitors money,allowing them to think its ok and they are getting the points.. then you guys delete them in the office? do you send the competitor back the money the person running the show stole from him/her??

No one stole anything. Many times the director is not aware it is going on. Many times the competitors get someone else to runt he car so they go unnoticed..

As per USACI Rules: PAge 1

It is the responsibility of event officials and staff to
adhere to these rules to the best of their ability. In consideration of that, each competitor should
read this manual and have a thorough understanding of its contents when designing or improving
a competition mobile audio system. Ultimately, it is the competitors’ responsibility to know and
abide by the USACI rules.
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Alan wrote:
USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

page 8 para 2

NO REFUND - its kind of like the govt, they just take the points away,
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 pm

USACI wrote:
Alan wrote:
USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

page 8 para 2

No one stole anything. Many times the director is not aware it is going on. Many times the competitors get someone else to runt he car so they go unnoticed..

As per USACI Rules: PAge 1

It is the responsibility of event officials and staff to
adhere to these rules to the best of their ability. In consideration of that, each competitor should
read this manual and have a thorough understanding of its contents when designing or improving
a competition mobile audio system. Ultimately, it is the competitors’ responsibility to know and
abide by the USACI rules.

If the event officials and staff don't know the rules then its not their fault right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: att usaci points question   att usaci points question - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

att usaci points question
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next