Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
build dollar chef records broken state disc kyle crzyblondgrl globe songs contest world 80inches 2010 pics crank Audiopipe Johncarr finals quad stereo louisiana record silence drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!

Go down 
+16
gknox
BBGIC
montyj
Chris's Studio Civic
Mark Eldridge
emperorjj1
dts LSC
ALL4SQ
PerformanceTyler
jayhawkblk
foosman 100
Jan Bennett
TeamCobra1
OnYrMrk
jsketoe
Champion
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you be willing to pay and additional 100.00 that goes striclty towards a prize fund? All SQ competitors please reply...All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class
Yes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
No>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

All SQ competitors please reply......
Would you be willing to pay an additional 100.00 per entry fee and that 100.00 dollars go toward prize money? All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class.... I understand some classes are larger than others, but this is for the greter picture....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dts LSC
dts LSC

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Jan --- Did you mean like fielding better trained judges and accurate scoring tabulators?
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm

That's one area, yes.

But also ensuring that people are actually competing in the classes that they and their cars belong in as well. I can just see someone sandbagging a class just to win money.

As history has shown, USACi typically doesn't confront competitors and tell them they need to move for fear of loosing their money and causing a big stink. However, I believe that a even larger stink would ensue if they allowed people to compete in inappropriate classes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
dts LSC
dts LSC

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Astute observation.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Jan Bennett wrote:
That's one area, yes.

But also ensuring that people are actually competing in the classes that they and their cars belong in as well. I can just see someone sandbagging a class just to win money.

As history has shown, USACi typically doesn't confront competitors and tell them they need to move for fear of loosing their money and causing a big stink. However, I believe that a even larger stink would ensue if they allowed people to compete in inappropriate classes.

This is why I love Jan....Monte, you don't have to worry though, I love my wife more.

If you still want to help with my car, we are going to be starting up in about two weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 am

I agree with Jan about enforcing rules but people that have been competing for a long time will remember that at finals there once was prize money. So the question is if USACI brought back the money would more people compete?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am

I think it would help...but it still wouldn't be immediate. It sure would help shops sell some stuff to potential competitors though. IMO
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 am

Absolutely agree Sketo.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:40 am

Jan Bennett wrote:
I will say this much about bringing prize money into the sanctioned USACi shows.

The rules will have to be enforced in a much more rigid manner than they have been in years past.

The moment you start bringing prize money into the equation is the same moment you had better start ensuring every dot is on every I and that every T is crossed from a judging perspective.

If people think there's too much whining now, just imagine what happens when you bring money into the equation and the rules are enforced like they currently are.

$2,000 up for grabs and someone wins a class that's questionable for being in that class in the first place? All hell breaks loose.

I think that USACi needs to get some other things straightened out first before bringing the prize money into the equation personally.

Cant argue that one. It will be a ugly scene if the rules are not handled better. I would like to see a rewrite of the rules so that they are very clear and percise to what is allowed and not allowed in each class so that there is no grey area. But that is a whole other topic with in it self.

I think the moeny would help with the amount of new and old people coming to/back to the lanes.
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Money definitely makes it a more serious event. And, if it is set up right, it will bring more people up to the higher classes, and make room for more people to have a good shot at winning the lower classes.

Mickey, you know I wouldn't cherry pick your class by moving down like that... Smile

Maybe I missed something in the rule book, but what exactly about my car makes it ineligible to be in the Advanced Pro class? It is tagged in Oklahoma and is totally street legal with all required equipment. I am not a manufacturer, nor am I paid by one to compete.

And I'll tell you from several thousand hours of experience, just because it's a race car doesn't mean it didn't present as many challenges to do it the right way, and make it sound good. Yea, there isn't anything except a rollcage inside at the beginning. But, that in itself presented more challenges than simply taking a treditional production car and gutting it. Plus the fact that it took more hours to make it street legal (and do it right) than it did to build the system.

Anyway, I think some prize money would be a great thing for everyone involved. More competitors, incentive to move up, more excitement, maybe a few protests...

Sounds like a lot more fun!

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

I would say #1 being slicks. AFAIK Slicks aren't street legal...Wink

Now if you got some street tires for the car, it would be a different story...lol

Yes, I'm nit picking Smile

I'll also point out that the rules state that it has to pass a Federal DOT inspection, NOT a state inspection. That's something that has been overlooked for at least the past few years.

However, having said that, finding someone to actually do the Federal DOT inspection is a different story. Very Happy

State inspections are extremely lenient, especially Oklahoma...lol.

Last edited by Jan Bennett on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:18 pm

[quote="Mark Eldridge"]

Mickey, you know I wouldn't cherry pick your class by moving down like that... Smile

hmmmm....how to respond to that....maybe ill just come cherry pick yalls Wink

I really don't feel that the level of competition in the advanced pro class is very high at all....one of the main reasons ill consider competing pro is to raise the bar and make people have to build a hell of a car to be competitive

but hey im all talk anyway (i don't even have a car to show)
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:11 pm

The More The Merrier! It would be awesome having so many great cars and competitors in the same class.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:55 pm

There may come a day when a few of the top classes will once again be full of great cars.. We can all set areound and say "Bring It" But that is "CRAPOLA"

Everyone wants to win and everyone will work hard to win, but no one really wants to compete in a class where there is a ton of stiff competition....

That is why the basic level rules and classes were formed to start with,,,, Most people on here are always trying to think of ways to make it easier for someone to compete, or use the rules to their advantage and compete in classes that they really know isnt where they need to be....

Lets face it, if a CAR has been in a certain class it should only stay there or move up, it really sholdnt have anything to do with the person holding the keys.

If a car was never built for the street then it is an off road vehicle and that is a another story in itself.

If you take a car and remove components that make it unsafe, well that too is another story in itself.

The bottom line is this..... I encourage everyone to step up and compete in the highest level of class that they think they can be competitve in,,, regardless of what the rules say you can be in...

If you dont think you can be competitive in the next class up,,,, then dont go up.... no harm no foul,, You wont be judges for it.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:56 pm

15 yes
6 no
Back to top Go down
montyj
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
montyj

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I voted yes. It would take a huge ammount of usaci effort. And manufactures dollars also to help promotion.

Are we just a few peeps trying to hang on to a dieing hobby? Are we trying to bring back the good ol days?

I can tell you all I have seen is manufactures constantly cutting back..........

But im for it! Push as much as you can and things can change.
Back to top Go down
http://performanceaudiotexas.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

The manufacture are cutting back for numerous reasons over the past several years. But ultimately the orgs have to present them with real ROI...... And that is very difficult when people arent showing up at the large events, whether it be competitor count or consumer count..... As I stated before the ultimate person to poin the finger at is the retailer, some do a great job at convering consumers into competitors and other do nothing, probably because they do not know how....

USACi should offer a prize for retailer of the year,,, you know the shop that has the most competitors at a show... and offer a real prize not just a trophy or plaque...

this might drive retailers to make consumers into competitors...

But like it or not all of the "prize money haters" out there.... their has got to be something to get the spark started.... I think money is the trick!!!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 pm

I've been thinking about this...if money went up per class like has been discussed here and classes paid down to say, third. I for one think this would be a great oppurtunity for guys to move up. I only say pay Consumer Advanced, Pro Advanced, and Expert though...once again giving incentive for intermediate cars to move up. Progressively going up in pay out. If USACi does this, ya'll might just see my GN in Pro Advanced.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 pm

thats where your GN should be anyway!!
Sandbagger
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 pm

LOL...hey now...Mickey is a sandbagger too. Can't just take it out on me! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:34 pm

he'll be where he belongs soon enough...

you guys are all panzies...... I say Expert class should be the largest class this year...

we got so many expert opinions and people that think they know everything,,, then expert class is the place to be!!

yehhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:56 pm

How about an opt in program. You can put in the $100 or not. If you do not put in and win you get nothing and the cash goes to the runners up! Kinda like that third coin in the slot machine for the jackpot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:16 am

YES!! ...... If a class has 9 people in it, and only 5 pay in to the prize pool then only they are eligible for prize money..... I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the competitors that are not interested or dont want to spend the extra cash dont have to worry about it....
Make it soooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dts LSC
dts LSC

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:35 am

BRILLIANT!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 am

I'm in.
Consumer Adv, Pro Adv, Expert...only paying classes IMO. Let's do it for 2009!
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:39 am

jsketoe wrote:
LOL...hey now...Mickey is a sandbagger too. Can't just take it out on me! hahaha

im far from a sandbagger...I just don't wnt to move out of a class and give a championship to someone that didn't earn it...if anything I should be advanced consumer hahaha
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am

jsketoe wrote:
I'm in.
Consumer Adv, Pro Adv, Expert...only paying classes IMO. Let's do it for 2009!

I say just pro and expert...ANY sport that offers money to the winners classifies the competitor as a pro....

you want money go to a money round show or move up wuss...lol
Back to top Go down
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:42 am

USACI wrote:
How about an opt in program. You can put in the $100 or not. If you do not put in and win you get nothing and the cash goes to the runners up! Kinda like that third coin in the slot machine for the jackpot!

Absolutely the correct answer, now we know why he is HEAD BALD GUY IN CHARGE.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 am

Ralph for president!
Back to top Go down
gknox

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:58 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 am

LOL...just bustin' on ya' Mickey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next