Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad state louisiana kyle silence finals globe record 80inches drive records world dollar 2010 songs disc chef broken contest Audiopipe crank build crzyblondgrl Johncarr stereo pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!

Go down 
+16
gknox
BBGIC
montyj
Chris's Studio Civic
Mark Eldridge
emperorjj1
dts LSC
ALL4SQ
PerformanceTyler
jayhawkblk
foosman 100
Jan Bennett
TeamCobra1
OnYrMrk
jsketoe
Champion
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you be willing to pay and additional 100.00 that goes striclty towards a prize fund? All SQ competitors please reply...All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class
Yes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_lcap70%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
No>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_lcap30%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Empty
PostSubject: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

All SQ competitors please reply......
Would you be willing to pay an additional 100.00 per entry fee and that 100.00 dollars go toward prize money? All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class.... I understand some classes are larger than others, but this is for the greter picture....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 pm

umm...poll has no yes or no...I voted for the first one. I figured it was supposed to be YES!
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Um...I voted for the second one...it had the most words...on tests, the most words were most likely the correct answer.

I think...durn..no eraser!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:10 pm

fix your poll gary....but yes I would pay the extra 100
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:18 pm

hmmm i dont know how>>>

first box would be yes 2nd box would be no...
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 pm

DANG!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 am

I edited it for you Gary...if that is not what you intended...tell me, I'll fix it.
Joe...you want me to edit your vote...LOL...or go on record forever voting against winning money?
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:52 am

For what? For all events? For finals? For 3x events? For what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 am

Jan Bennett wrote:
For what? For all events? For finals? For 3x events? For what?

Good question, and I vote for just 3x, regional, and finals.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am

jsketoe wrote:
I edited it for you Gary...if that is not what you intended...tell me, I'll fix it.
Joe...you want me to edit your vote...LOL...or go on record forever voting against winning money?

Fix it please....this is yet another test I have failed because I thought the most words meant the best answer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 am

OnYrMrk wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

Fix it please....this is yet another test I have failed because I thought the most words meant the best answer! Very Happy

ROFL

Leave it to you Joe.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks Sketoe... this would be for Finals...
If you compete in SQ please vote yes or no....
would you be willing to pay an additional 100.00 toward entry fee. that 100.00 goes directly into a prize fund.....If we all speak up and would be willing to do this, then we can approach USACi about it...... please vote...
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am

wow so far 6 people say yes and 4 people say no....
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 pm

My answer would be yes but I answered incorrectly before it was a yes or no poll.
Back to top Go down
ALL4SQ
ALL4SQ

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:48 pm

If I remember correctly from last years finals, it was pretty expensive to compete in all the formats and pay for power. I personally dont think adding another $100 to the bill is a good idea.

Sorry

Last edited by ALL4SQ on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:58 pm

If it's 100 for a chance to win $1000, I'm for it, especially if it's a chance to win it for each class, then maybe an additional for BOS.
Back to top Go down
dts LSC
dts LSC

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm

There are two things that will motivate competitors to show up....

Fame or Fortune or both.

Since there are absolutely no incentives for TV or magazine exposure anymore, that leaves us with monetary incentives. I'd be willing to put +/- $50. in the pot until our economy gets better.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

hmmmmm 10 say yes and 5 say no..... I cant beleive more people are voting??
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Gary, got your message... I will try and call later, besides I have a tuning question for you.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm surprised we have 15 people who contribute in the SQ forums in the first place....
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:21 pm

ROFL

how true is that?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 pm

ahhh maybe thats it,,, we have 15 total SQ people that visit the forums.... Surely that isnt true? If so that explains everything...
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 am

i wouldn't be surprised if only 15 people were active in the SQ portion of the forum

i didn't vote because i don't feel i should

the answer to wither or not this will work is probably more simple then you guys are thinking. Did the DTS 2k incentive offered a few years back increase participation that otherwise wouldnt have been there?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:46 am

We've seen that in the past...using a forum to notify people or addess issues for Finals has left less than half the field in the "know". With today's modern age computer usage...that's actually shocking IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 am

It is shocking, but for some reason, the competitor base in car audio isn't really into the forum scene, which I don't really get.
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 am

I voted yes, because I think prize money makes the competition more interesting, and can bring more people to the table.

But, I also think that having to pay additional money to create a prize money fund may not the best way to attract more people to compete. In my opinion, prize money should be one of the incentives to move up to the hihger level classes. If everyone in the Advanced class pays the aditional $100 dollars, and there are 25 competitors in that class, and the Expert class has only 4 competitors, I might consider re-classifying to the Advanced Class. The rules don't prevent me from doing so, and there is nothing in my job position that forces me to compete in Expert. I would only need to clear it through Ralph.

But, that should not be an issue.

Are there any other sports where the competitors at the highest level have to fund their won prize money awards? I'm not aware of any.

If USACi can figure out how to fund a decent prize money package for Finals, and set it up so that it entices competitors to step up, improve their systems, and move up in class if they want a bigger piece of the pie, they could easily bring in more competitors.

Think about it for a minute... The reason the Expert class is so small now is that there are only a few competitors that are OCD, and are willing to spend the time and lots of money to build a car to compete there, especially when they know there will not be any financial return to help offset what it takes to build the car. But if there were $5k to $10k on the line for the Expert class, and maybe $2k to $3k for the Advanced class, and less than that for the Intro class at Finals, do you think anyone would step up?

Ummmmmm........... Yes.............

USACi needs to find a way to gain solid financial sponsorship for the Finals (manufacturers, vendors, companies outside the industry like energy drinks, beer, automotive parts stores, etc).

I know, I know... It's hard to find big money sponsorships. But with a venue set in stone, and six months before the event, one or more good sponsors can be found. It takes a good proposal, assurance of a return on their investment, which means that there needs to be a large nimber of paying attendees at the show. It has got to be promoted and marketed early and often.

Hmmm..... Wonder if I should call Ralph and petition to move to the Advanced Pro class.....

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:49 am

12 for and 6 against....
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 pm

your car alone without a system makes u an expert...u need to read a lil harder into the rules..Smile

but now that you bring it up...building center drive car with one seat is a lot like building a NASCAR....u don't have all the obstacles of a production car...Wink
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:11 pm

13 yes 6 no
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 pm

I will say this much about bringing prize money into the sanctioned USACi shows.

The rules will have to be enforced in a much more rigid manner than they have been in years past.

The moment you start bringing prize money into the equation is the same moment you had better start ensuring every dot is on every I and that every T is crossed from a judging perspective.

If people think there's too much whining now, just imagine what happens when you bring money into the equation and the rules are enforced like they currently are.

$2,000 up for grabs and someone wins a class that's questionable for being in that class in the first place? All hell breaks loose.

I think that USACi needs to get some other things straightened out first before bringing the prize money into the equation personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next