Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Question about going back to Stock Vote_lcapQuestion about going back to Stock Voting_barQuestion about going back to Stock Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Question about going back to Stock Vote_lcapQuestion about going back to Stock Voting_barQuestion about going back to Stock Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches kyle Audiopipe 2010 crank Johncarr records pics globe dollar quad build songs silence drive contest chef world broken disc finals stereo louisiana record state crzyblondgrl
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Question about going back to Stock

Go down 
+10
n-stereo
shadescustomtint
Stingraysevenout
JLG Entertainment
Mike Jaffe
thunderchicken
aphinney
STREETBEATZ19
Matt_Sibley
Gabe Sanchez
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabe Sanchez
Above Average Contributor
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Question about going back to Stock Empty
PostSubject: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 pm

So since I no longer work for a manufacture and most likely heading back to the Aerospace industry ... can I now compete in stock? I don't see anywhere in the rules where it says I have to wait two years or anything like that.

So per the rules as I read them ... I can I think. Not sure if that is right though, but that is how I read the rules.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 pm

I think in the past they've applied the sound Q ruling on going back from Pro. I'm not sure though, this would need to be addressed by the main office as I believe you are correct. I don't see anything in the SPL rules about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 pm

ok im confused.. i thought if you were a pro you had a two year wait... to go back in..
but no idea on the sq part i guess.
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

well i think this stock prostock stuff is bs..and there should be a stock 16v and stock 12v...let everyone play where they want...sorry to jump your thread gabe..
Back to top Go down
thunderchicken
thunderchicken

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm

ive heard a 2 year period but ive never seen the rule. probably just something you would have to ask ralph in a pm or call the home office.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:46 pm

The way I see it ... if it isn't in the rules ... it isn't a rule. I am not saying that I will do it for sure, but at least the option is open to me now.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 am

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
The way I see it ... if it isn't in the rules ... it isn't a rule. I am not saying that I will do it for sure, but at least the option is open to me now.

In my humble opinion, you are 1000% correct. If it isn't in the rules, it's not a rule! This discussion has gone on since the beginning of time but the office has merely opted not to get involved.

Here's how it is: If you show up Sunday at the Cardenal show, and a new rule regarding the Pro/Consumer thing hasn't been posted into the rule book ... you may run in a consumer class.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am

gigidy gigidy
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:54 pm

A USACI competitor must compete in the Pro Stock division if he or she meets one or more of the following conditions:
· He or she works for a car audio dealer, manufacturer or distributor, or
· Receives financial compensation for using a specific manufacturer’s equipment, or
· Receives free equipment or equipment for less than 50% of MSRP from a reseller and/or manufacturer, or
· A competitor’s immediate family member meets one or both of the previous conditions or
· A competitor who does not meet any of the previous conditions may compete in Pro Stock by choice.

It has always been you must be out of the industry for at least 1 year, and apply to rules and ethics for reinstatement to stock class. Also if you were givin any accomadation pricing that keeps you in pro as well or any discounts. If you are laid off then if you get unemployment from Pioneer that is still the same.
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm

once again...LETS GET RID OF STOCK......AND MAKE ANYONE THAT WANTS TO PLAY 12V PLAY THERE AND 16V CAN PLAY THERE WITH NO WAITING PERIOD...NO BS PEOPLE HIDDING, NO NOTHIN...COME ONE COME ALL...BEST OF THE BEST VERSE THE BEST OF THE BEST..
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 pm

USACI MD wrote:
A USACI competitor must compete in the Pro Stock division if he or she meets one or more of the following conditions:
· Receives financial compensation for using a specific manufacturer’s equipment, or
· Receives free equipment or equipment for less than 50% of MSRP from a reseller and/or manufacturer, or
· A competitor’s immediate family member meets one or both of the previous conditions or
· A competitor who does not meet any of the previous conditions may compete in Pro Stock by choice.

It has always been you must be out of the industry for at least 1 year, and apply to rules and ethics for reinstatement to stock class. Also if you were givin any accomadation pricing that keeps you in pro as well or any discounts. If you are laid off then if you get unemployment from Pioneer that is still the same.

SO VERY WELL PUT..... BEEN THAT WAY SINCE 96 GUYS COME ON NOW....... And im sorry but i got to get this off my chest so sorry if it offends but well ohhhhhhhhh well..... I look at it this way if you RUN back to Stock after being in mod or pro or supermod to me WELL ITS COWARDLY PERIOD.... That is the most rediculas thing i have ever seen ppl do and it happens all the time actually...... Gabe your my boy so dont take that personally but i dont think its fair at all..... Especially with you SKILLS..... Your a loud mofo and thats that.

Now on the other hand i think its very cowardly for some of the ones that still to this day stay in stock only , Does it really make yall that are in stock feel good to beat up on the new guy?????? Shocked

Anyway just had to let that out.. But if they allow it F U C K IT YA KNOW .... AND GO FOR IT.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 pm

I can agree Jimbo some people been in stock a little too long, It's time to take the balls out of the purse and be somebody
Back to top Go down
n-stereo
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
n-stereo

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 pm

opinions or thoughts of the rules and what the rules actually state are completely different . we can have all the opinions in the world about whats right or wrong . if its not in the rules , how can any judge enforce ideas , thoughts or opinions of others when its not in the rules ?????????? magistrate judges run into this all the time . i understand, respect opinions , and interpretations . however how can USACI enforce rules that are pulled out of thin air ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

WOW, Mikey. Is this the same Mike Jaffe that demands obeying rules, that allows competitors to use a burned disc ?????? roflmao Glad` to see you take over as the "office
has opted not to get involved"" Oh, and by the way , while you have taken control, can I have a raise that Ralph has opted not to give any director, ???? [ except maybe you, roflmao ]

Its obviously a misprint [ or accidental omission ] of the rules, as they have been there since day one, maybe a call to the office might have cleared`things up a bit for you. Mike Daville posted it as it always was and still is, whether or not it had been accidently omitted from the rewrite of rules

Gabe, just send in a request to change your status from Pro to Consumer along with your reason for such action.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm

USACI MD wrote:

There's a perfect example of of a rule "interpretation". Only a part of what iyou wrote is IN OUTLAW SPL THE RULE BOOK. Again, if it's not in the rule book ... it ain't a rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Whoa there big feller, Mike D posted the rules as it always was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Gabe, I just spoke to Ralph about this situation. Please call him before competing as a consumer in stock.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 pm

USACiSE wrote:
WOW, Mikey. Is this the same Mike Jaffe that demands obeying rules, that allows competitors to use a burned disc ?????? roflmao Glad` to see you take over as the "office
has opted not to get involved"" Oh, and by the way , while you have taken control, can I have a raise that Ralph has opted not to give any director, ???? [ except maybe you, roflmao ]

Its obviously a misprint [ or accidental omission ] of the rules, as they have been there since day one, maybe a call to the office might have cleared`things up a bit for you. Mike Daville posted it as it always was and still is, whether or not it had been accidently omitted from the rewrite of rules

Gabe, just send in a request to change your status from Pro to Consumer along with your reason for such action.

As part of my "takeover" I am doubling your pay. As for Mike's quoting of rules, I would love to have affix a page number to what he wrote so that we could all see it. As for the "fact" (Jimbo's quote) that this has been the rule since way back, I can't find it in any of my old Outlaw SPL rule books. If it was somehow omitted from the rules, let's see it remitted.

Look, all my displeasure isn't only regarding Gabe's question ... personally, I don't believe he'd enter a Consumer division ... but rather that we've been trying to get the Trunk Division rules entered into the book, but so far to no avail. We now allegedly have a World Rwcord holder in that division and the division doesn't even exist. The rules are in the rule books, not the forum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm

True, no one should have a World Record in a class with no rules.
I agree, all classes and categories at any USACi event, be listed in the rule book. Trunk is not a sanctioned USACi class yet !!!
And as such should not be offered, same with fun run, legal, local, run what you brung , etc. I doubt that offering non sanctioned classes to dealers will will affect their decsion to host a USACi event, rather push them to go with a non sanctioned org.

PS: thanks for the raise, roflmao
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:50 pm

USACiSE wrote:
True, no one should have a World Record in a class with no rules.
I agree, all classes and categories at any USACi event, be listed in the rule book. Trunk is not a sanctioned USACi class yet !!!
And as such should not be offered, same with fun run, legal, local, run what you brung , etc. I doubt that offering non sanctioned classes to dealers will will affect their decsion to host a USACi event, rather push them to go with a non sanctioned org.

PS: thanks for the raise, roflmao

Okay, wanna kiss and make up? Oh wait! Jimbo and Darville will get jealous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Hmmmm, Darville has had a pretty big smile since finals. Nice going Jimbo !!!!! lmao
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:04 pm

It is very simple in my book. If it is unwritten then it isn't a rule. So I am sorry, I don't feel the need to call the office to "request" that I be given the right to compete in stock. It is not in the rules, and unless and official statement comes out that says it is official and WILL be added to the rule book, then this discussion is a mute point. It isn't in the rules now, all this crap about it was this way since the dark ages don't mean anything to me if it isn't in the rule book WE ALL HAVE TO ABIDE BY!

For the record I don't think I would ever compete in a stock division. But I know that I can just to put another competitor that belongs in ProStock as much as I do in his/her place if need be.

I mean this in a good way though. It seems as if the competitor committee was a dead end, so maybe I can make things happen a different way Wink
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm

This was in the rule book. There was a period when we had hlep withthe rule book and several things dissapeared. This is one of them. will be updated by the weekend on the web site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:03 pm

Im already in prostock Gabe so no need to go the extra mile at all lol
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:10 pm

That i can understand Gabe....... But the ones your talking about going after are the exact ones i was bitttchen about bro. Not you , unless you actually do it...Ohhhhh lawd.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm

well there is not more team k$%^er, and supposedly no more support (free equipment) for them so this will be even harder to prove unless you have something in writting its not really worth bitching about at all Gabe trust me I tried all last year. I agree that the ones that are actually doing this the legit way are the ones being screwed over big time, and it pisses me off to no end.
This is why I run prostock now so I dont have to be screwed over by it at all, and if anyone has any smart ass comments towards me bring that Dung Pile to me in the lanes.

c-ya in November
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:27 pm

USACI wrote:
This was in the rule book. There was a period when we had hlep withthe rule book and several things dissapeared. This is one of them. will be updated by the weekend on the web site.

Cool! That was easy ... if it gets changed Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:17 am

USACI wrote:

Ralphie,

While you're at it, why not put in the Trunk Division rules and criteria?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Mike Jaffe wrote:
USACiSE wrote:

As part of my "takeover" I am doubling your pay. As for Mike's quoting of rules, I would love to have affix a page number to what he wrote so that we could all see it. As for the "fact" (Jimbo's quote) that this has been the rule since way back, I can't find it in any of my old Outlaw SPL rule books. If it was somehow omitted from the rules, let's see it remitted.

Look, all my displeasure isn't only regarding Gabe's question ... personally, I don't believe he'd enter a Consumer division ... but rather that we've been trying to get the Trunk Division rules entered into the book, but so far to no avail. We now allegedly have a World Rwcord holder in that division and the division doesn't even exist. The rules are in the rule books, not the forum!

Sent the new trunk rules to all the directors including you some time back. Still waiting on a response. From anyone........
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Mike Jaffe wrote:
USACI wrote:

Ralphie,

While you're at it, why not put in the Trunk Division rules and criteria?

already did. You readit and send it back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about going back to Stock   Question about going back to Stock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about going back to Stock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next