Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Vote_lcapWOW! Ok! Back to the question. Voting_barWOW! Ok! Back to the question. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Vote_lcapWOW! Ok! Back to the question. Voting_barWOW! Ok! Back to the question. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl stereo chef finals 2010 crank louisiana kyle build disc pics quad dollar silence broken 80inches drive Johncarr state world records contest songs Audiopipe globe record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

WOW! Ok! Back to the question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-09-19

WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Empty
PostSubject: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:48 am

I have been going over the rules for "Mini-SPL" vehicles and it says you have to have an 8 year old or younger person to drive and run the audio system. I was thinking about making one of these Mini-SPL cars for world finals, but I need help! (If I can go to world finals and if I can get one made in time) I need someone that will let there kid drive a mini-SPL vehicle into the lanes and run it for me. Here is a quote from the mini-spl rules.

"The competitor must be no more than 8 years old and must be able to sit in and drive the vehicle into the judging lane. The co pilot may give advice but the competitor must run the sound system during judging."

It's all up in the air right now, but I would like to know if there are any competitors out there that will have someone no older then 8 that could run a mini-spl vehicle?

Last edited by on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 am

That's only for the stock class. MSA 1-3 and MSX are open to all ages.

Classes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now that we have all the rules sorted out onto the breakdown in classes.

Beginner (Consumer) This class is for first time competitors. You can only compete in this class for one season. If you work at or own a shop you must go to the Pro class.

MSB1... One 12" or smaller woofer. One amplifier, no power limit. One battery.
MSB2... One 15" or larger woofer. One amplifier, no power limit. One battery.

Advanced (PRO) This class is for competitors that have competed in beginner class for 1 year, competitors who own or work at a shop, or simply if they choose too.

In the pro class you are allowed a second battery. You can use this to run the head unit, neon, television, basically anything but the amplifiers. You can also use this to power the motors. You do not have to put the second battery under the hood with the main battery.

MSA1... One 12" or smaller speaker, two amplifiers, no power limit.
MSA2... One 15" or larger, two amplifiers, no power limit.
MSA3... Any two or more woofers, any size. Two amplifiers, no power limit.

EXTREME
MSX … The only rule in the extreme division is that the microphone globe must be used and the reading must be taken within the vehicle. Other than that you can do what you want. Build it 6 feet tall. Make a trailer to hold the equipment. Just go crazy and have fun. No limits on equipment.

STOCK
MSS… One sub 12 inches or less. Any enclosure must be behind the passenger seats and may not protrude beyond the body or above the factory seat backs. Sound quality speakers, no more than two (6 inches or smaller), may be placed forward of the seats. They must be mounted in factory door panels without enclosure.

The microphone will be placed forward of the seats and rear of the factory windshield in the floorboard of the vehicle. The USACI globe will be used at all times.

One battery may be used and must be mounted under the hood.

The competitor must be no more than 8 years old and must be able to sit in and drive the vehicle into the judging lane. The co pilot may give advice but the competitor must run the sound system during judging.

ALL MINI SPL CLASSES MUST USE COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:06 am

Yes. Stock is what I would like to enter, but I don't think the powers that be want me to. So I will not do one this year. Thanks for you help anyways.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:25 am

According to what I read on the site and what I was told from Ralph (I also sent a letter to R & E) Msa 1-3 must be enclosed, MSX does not have to be, and 8 and younger stock must be open. Waiting to hear for sure before we come out to finals with it. Why do you only want to run the 8 and under stock class anyways?
Back to top Go down
brianapower
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:50 am

The rules are written so well, I tought all mini-spl classes was 8 or younger.
My son will be happy to hear, he can run next year, since his 8 year old sister got all the fun at the 2 shows this year in msx div.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:54 pm

mschwitz wrote:
According to what I read on the site and what I was told from Ralph (I also sent a letter to R & E) Msa 1-3 must be enclosed, MSX does not have to be, and 8 and younger stock must be open. Waiting to hear for sure before we come out to finals with it. Why do you only want to run the 8 and under stock class anyways?

Because this was going to be my first attempt at making a mini SPL vehicle. I don't have the time or funds to compete with a 2 amp system and people that have been doing mini SPL vehicles for years. Begining class should be for beginers. Which I would be. But according to the rules, I would not be able to run it.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:45 pm

If you are not a pro you can run the basic classes for one year. Stock is for 8 and under. There are also MSA classes for pros and second year+ competitors. The only class for 8 and younger is the stock class.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:34 am

mschwitz wrote:
If you are not a pro you can run the basic classes for one year. Stock is for 8 and under. There are also MSA classes for pros and second year+ competitors. The only class for 8 and younger is the stock class.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Ok! Back to the question.   WOW! Ok! Back to the question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW! Ok! Back to the question.
Page 1 of 1