Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Stock Question?? Vote_lcapStock Question?? Voting_barStock Question?? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs louisiana pics 2010 finals quad chef kyle Audiopipe Johncarr build state silence disc stereo globe crank drive dollar contest crzyblondgrl record broken records 80inches world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Stock Question??

Go down 
+4
DMAN
Tim Schaffer
Crash
init2winit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
init2winit
init2winit

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Hello,

I've been doing Brand X for a few months and just had a basic "Stock" question for USACi, well a couple of questions..

CRX Rear plastic, I've heard that it can be completely removed for stock, is this true? If so what kind of gains could I expect from doing this?

Sound deadning.. If you do it, it should be in certain spots.. Where should I start with this??

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Crash
Above Average Contributor
Crash

Number of posts : 782

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 3:32 pm

You can remove the rear plastic below the window line is my understanding. As far sound deading it is pretty much a trial and error. Test test and test some more from what I have been told. There is a post on the sound deadning.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:16 pm

you can remove the plastic its good for at least .5db hope this helps
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 am

Mike, did you get that thing loud yet.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:18 am

DMAN wrote:
Mike, did you get that thing loud yet.

Nope.. Damn thing is pissing me off.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I need more power, or a better box..lol...
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:53 am

What amp? IA 20.1, what size subs?
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 pm

DMAN wrote:

IA 20.1

Kicker L7 10's (3 of them)

I've been doing "Street B" at the other organization... any other sub suggestions?? I'm thinking of maybe just picking up another L7 and seeing how that pans out.. I have been working a lot and just haven't had the time to work on it like I want to.. I've got a couple of days this week though we'll see...

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:58 pm

What kind of numbers are you getting out of that setup?
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:52 pm

cavi_in_kc wrote:
What kind of numbers are you getting out of that setup?

151'ish Sad Sad Sad Needs a lot more work... I'm hoping to squeeze out a couple of DB's in the next couple of weeks so that Darren doesn't kick my A$$ too bad at the one and only show, so far, in Colorado..
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:22 am

try L5's if your only running 1 ia20, they are more efficiant from what i here, o and which crx ? si, dx, or hf
Back to top Go down

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:09 am

what ohm r the subs, how is your box
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm

The car is a 90 CRX HF..

The L7's are dual 2's wired parallel.. DMM says .33

The box is 2.25 cu/ft with 2 (6" Aeroports) I have a third but the port calculator says they need to be 30" with 3 of them and I only have about 26" to work with from the back of the enclosure... The car is peaking at around 56-57hz..

The box orientation is subs up, ports back.. I've tried it with the subs forward ports back and it was louder the other way..

Any Idea's??

Maybe it's time for another enclosure build??

Thanks..
Back to top Go down

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 pm

you need to get your note into the 63-67 range.

one tiny secret here, believe me or not, i used to tune my box about 10 cycles below what i burp at, so say my loudest note was 65, tune to 55, well thats not necessarily true anymore, i dont know why, but what even i tune to, the loudest note is 65, i can tune to whatever i want to, 30, 35, 40, whatever and loudest is always 65ish, so with that being said, you need a meter and lots of time on your hands to figure out how long your port needs to be

long story short, do not tune you boxes, TUNE YOUR CAR, thats it.
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 pm

I have a meter.. Just haven't had much in the way of actual time.. plus the car is in the shop right now trying to figure why I'm burning so much fuel... I'm hoping to have one solid day of tuning/testing this weekend. We'll see what happens. I'll let everyone know..

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 am

i have an hf also, and i seem to be peaking around 70-72, im still learning with this car cause not many ppl have used a hf, i have mine firing up ports back box to driver side, and im going to assume you still have the plastic in ?
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:23 pm

init2winit wrote:

I'm hoping to squeeze out a couple of DB's in the next couple of weeks so that Darren doesn't kick my A$$ too bad at the one and only show, so far, in Colorado..[/quote]

LOL. I havent even finished my build yet mike, I have been very busy with the family and stuff, I hope to finish this week sometime, but I may only show up with 1 12" sub Wink
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:25 pm

init2winit wrote:

I'm hoping to squeeze out a couple of DB's in the next couple of weeks so that Darren doesn't kick my A$$ too bad at the one and only show, so far, in Colorado..[/quote]

LOL. I havent even finished my build yet mike, I have been very busy with the family and stuff, I hope to finish this week sometime, but I may only show up with 1 12" sub Wink
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:28 pm

So when I get beat.. it will be by an Inch... not by a mile... cheers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad see you on Saturday...
Back to top Go down
init2winit
init2winit

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:30 pm

HellRzR wrote:
i have an hf also, and i seem to be peaking around 70-72, im still learning with this car cause not many ppl have used a hf, i have mine firing up ports back box to driver side, and im going to assume you still have the plastic in ?

Yep still have the plastic in... I'm going to mess around a little today to see what I end up with..
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 4:49 pm

init2winit wrote:
So when I get beat.. it will be by an Inch... not by a mile... cheers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad see you on Saturday...

LOL, see you then......
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 pm

pull the plastic below the window line out man that seems to help for usaci style set up
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:28 pm

HellRzR wrote:
pull the plastic below the window line out man that seems to help for usaci style set up

Yep Mike it does, about a .5 gain
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:40 pm

init2winit wrote:
HellRzR wrote:

Yep still have the plastic in... I'm going to mess around a little today to see what I end up with..
my hf liked 67 68 hz
Back to top Go down
stevew007
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:31 pm

init2winit wrote:
DMAN wrote:

IA 20.1

Kicker L7 10's (3 of them)

I've been doing "Street B" at the other organization... any other sub suggestions?? I'm thinking of maybe just picking up another L7 and seeing how that pans out.. I have been working a lot and just haven't had the time to work on it like I want to.. I've got a couple of days this week though we'll see...

Thanks...

u sound ashamed of the other organiztion??? Sad what would u be doing with out it??? sitting @ home looking @ your crx scratch
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Well Mike after playin a little this week it looks like I will do a 153.xx Did you get that thing loud yet, guess we will see tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stock Question?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Question??   Stock Question?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stock Question??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: