Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Vote_lcaphey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Voting_barhey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Vote_lcaphey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Voting_barhey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics drive finals disc Audiopipe louisiana silence dollar broken stereo songs globe chef kyle crzyblondgrl world Johncarr 2010 contest state record quad build crank records 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?

Go down 
+10
e-dogg
XFL-Leader
johnperdeye
scionsoloxb
Moparbass28
Nice
Gabe Sanchez
80INCHES
Magoo
justicetn
14 posters
AuthorMessage
justicetn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-24

hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Empty
PostSubject: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am

ok i have never tried to build one of these bandpass boxes. usualy everything i do is ported. i was told to try one of these becuase the are so easy to build and get loud. well i built one it has 6 cubes in the rear chamber and a 24 cubes in the open front chamber. ok the equiptment is 6 of the square brutus subs 12 inch. the amps are audio pipe 30001ds.
i fired this thing up yesterday and at 40 hertz i got 148.8 i was very unhappy the last build i did in this truck for my customer did 154 well anyways i went to the higher notes and seen that 80 hertz did 146.8
these two notes where the loudest. well if anyone wants or can offer me some insight it would be helpfull.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:37 am

you may want to try contacting danny britain or charles estes they are two of the best in the buisness.
Back to top Go down
justicetn

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:16 pm

thanks magoo ive been told charlse knows his stuff. ill check with him
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:32 pm

ur welcome I havent ever had charlse do any work for me or on my car but I respect the man and his work he helped me out when I was in a jam at db finals in kentucky. He is an awsome guy. Danny is as also a man that I consider a dear friend and he is also heading up the swat team that I am a part of. If it is a wall you want he would also be a man to bounce ideas off of either way you would be contacting two of the greats in my book.
Back to top Go down
80INCHES
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
80INCHES

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm

justicetn wrote:
ok i have never tried to build one of these bandpass boxes. usualy everything i do is ported. i was told to try one of these becuase the are so easy to build and get loud. well i built one it has 6 cubes in the rear chamber and a 24 cubes in the open front chamber. ok the equiptment is 6 of the square brutus subs 12 inch. the amps are audio pipe 30001ds.
i fired this thing up yesterday and at 40 hertz i got 148.8 i was very unhappy the last build i did in this truck for my customer did 154 well anyways i went to the higher notes and seen that 80 hertz did 146.8
these two notes where the loudest. well if anyone wants or can offer me some insight it would be helpfull.
im assuming this is for spl...if so ur box is way too big
try to do a small ported box it will probably work better
7 cubes tuned to 45hz with 4 6inch round ports and ur numbers should jump
but if u want to keep the bandpass theme
keep ur current box but put more power to ur box and have it tuned to around 50hz

Back to top Go down
http://WWW.80KAUDIO.COM
Gabe Sanchez
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:08 pm

The key to bandpassing is loading.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:37 pm

80INCHES wrote:
justicetn wrote:
im assuming this is for spl...if so ur box is way too big
try to do a small ported box it will probably work better
7 cubes tuned to 45hz with 4 6inch round ports and ur numbers should jump
but if u want to keep the bandpass theme
keep ur current box but put more power to ur box and have it tuned to around 50hz

Shouldn't you know what year Blazer and his resonant frequency of the vehicle before you give out building equations? Just asking.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Depends on what your tuned to and what freq peaks in your vehicle. Also how the subs are loading.

Need more info to really help either way.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
80INCHES
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
80INCHES

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:08 pm

loading is one factor ..tuning is another factor as well
but he obviously has subs that like more than 6 cubes sealed
thats y i suggested more power..
but anyway wat do i know ...im a nobody

Back to top Go down
justicetn

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm

thanks for the info guys i will take a few pics of what the build looks like right now maybe it help understand what this is i was told it is a bandpass and this is how i should do this blazer
it is a sealed box 6 cubes inside a larger box that has no front. it kinda looks like a wall all the way in the back of a square box i was told this is called a usac band pass it was suppossed to be simple but its just confused me now. cuz i have no idea how to tune this thing or load it. if it was a large ported box or a small crx box i wouldnt be so confused.. o here an example caleb or ducttape has something simular in his blazer several years ago he had 4 15s in it.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:23 pm

justicetn wrote:
thanks for the info guys i will take a few pics of what the build looks like right now maybe it help understand what this is i was told it is a bandpass and this is how i should do this blazer
it is a sealed box 6 cubes inside a larger box that has no front. it kinda looks like a wall all the way in the back of a square box i was told this is called a usac band pass it was suppossed to be simple but its just confused me now. cuz i have no idea how to tune this thing or load it. if it was a large ported box or a small crx box i wouldnt be so confused.. o here an example caleb or ducttape has something simular in his blazer several years ago he had 4 15s in it.

Check your p.m.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:40 pm

I have had one of those boxes u are talking about my opinion don't waste ur time there r plenty of other loudr things u can do.
Back to top Go down
justicetn

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 am

ok cool. i was just trying something different. i have build so many ported systems i was wanting to do something diffent. but i can make thing this work yet so im gonna tear the baffle out and go back to a ported setup. thank for all the input
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 am

what year blazer?
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 am

i know all about calebs old blazer....and trust me its more complicated than what u think
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm

johnperdeye wrote:
i know all about calebs old blazer....and trust me its more complicated than what u think

Complicated? surely not.
Back to top Go down
e-dogg
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
e-dogg

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:49 pm

XFL-Leader wrote:
johnperdeye wrote:

Complicated? surely not.

x2
Back to top Go down
justicetn

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:41 am

I think im just gonna try to load a small ported box in the chamber i built maybe that will be better, since the bandpass seem to be more complicated than i understand.
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 am

bandpass it self is not complicated there are just certain factors u have to understand about it
Back to top Go down
80INCHES
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
80INCHES

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:12 pm

johnperdeye wrote:
bandpass it self is not complicated there are just certain factors u have to understand about it
x2
Back to top Go down
Mr. Singh the Idiot
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mr. Singh the Idiot

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm

johnperdeye wrote:
What numbers do you do with a bandpass?
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm

i beleive he did around a 161+ in 0-1k mod 2 years ago. he has calebs old blazer so im sure he knows something about it,lol. like these guys have stated, we need a little more info. if you dont want to post it publicly, your more than welcome to pm me or anyone you'd like the info and im sure you will recieve plenty of help.
Back to top Go down
ducttape

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:34 am

i saw my name a few times...LOL!!! i am still around here, i just never post anymore. bandpasses are not that hard, you just have to think outside of the box.
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 pm

hello Caleb good to see you still check in once and a while. whats news
Back to top Go down
ducttape

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 am

No news really. I am done with competing. I have moved on in life. I bought a house, and finished college (2 B.S. degrees and 1 M.S. currently) until they send me back to get a PhD. I got rid of the Blazer I competed with so I would have no choice but to get out of it. I still get on here and read things every now and then.

Good to see there is still conflict in USACi. It will never go away...
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 am

now come on caleeb be positive...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?   hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey guys can anyone help with a bandpass for a blazer?
Page 1 of 1