Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Scrapin the Coast... Vote_lcapScrapin the Coast... Voting_barScrapin the Coast... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Scrapin the Coast... Vote_lcapScrapin the Coast... Voting_barScrapin the Coast... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records Audiopipe drive disc pics contest world dollar Johncarr 2010 songs kyle quad build silence chef stereo globe state broken finals record louisiana 80inches crzyblondgrl crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Scrapin the Coast...

Go down 
+7
KickerRex
Nick
ARMed&Bangin
Kevin
subfrontier
supadave
Matt_Sibley
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Scrapin the Coast... Empty
PostSubject: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm

I submitted the results to Greg for trophy presentation but do not have a copy of them to post here. I wanted to say that I was impressed by the behavior and cooperativeness of the USACi SPL competitors at this show. Parking was an issue, space was an issue, but overall we had less traffic problems than last year and things ran even smoother.

All of you conducted yourselves professionally and if an issue did arise you were all polite to the judges when asking questions. I want to say that I appreciate this tremendously and due to the way you guys acted this year I may consider helping out again next year. I was very impressed to say the least and would like to thank all of you for the way things went! I hope each of you had a blast at the event and want to wish all of you the best of luck for the rest of the season!

I also passed along a few comments I heard about suggestions for next years show to Greg. We're considering doing it down on the beach by the registration and giving all access passes so that the stereo comp has its own area but still full access to the show. Post your comments and suggestions here and I'll see that they get to the right people! Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm

well matt i muss say u did a good job but i think u should get hold of a mic like darville an keep up some shit sometime lol

that idea u had would be a great one cause that way we won't have to search for the stereo comp again, i went to an event staff person an aske where it was the guy looked at me like i was from another country or something. puttin it away from the show would be cool cause the traffic wouldn't be that bad an we would have somewhere to park our cars.

well done bud and i hope to see u again next year

dave
Back to top Go down
subfrontier

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:18 pm

The idea about relocating the USACi tent would be great. Maybe next year most of that road construction will be completed, I hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamspead.net
Kevin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:25 pm

Yea, road construction kind ruined alot of it. I would agree with holding the stereo comp by registration with all access pass to the car show. It was a little bunched up in that little spot. Only problem with that, is you won't have has many spectators except for die hard guys. They just need to use the space a little more efficient and make sure all areas are mapped out for everyone, and make sure everyone at the show knows what is going on.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
http://ww.rdaudio.net
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm kinda biased here. I like the idea of it being at the other location for obvious reasons (trafffic) but I think it should be as much a part of the show as all the other venues. The hydraulic competition had MUCH more spectators than we did. The burnout competition had it's own set of grand stands (which were packed). I guess I wish that we'd get more attention than we do. Having a truck that burps 160 takes as much work and attention than having a Blazer that can lay frame on 22s. I suppose. All in all we had a blast...but I wouldn't move the competition to an area that is not part of the show. Sure, parking would be better, but exposure would be NIL. Just my 2c.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Matt, first off wonderful job man. This was truly one of the most enjoyable shows in a while. Hats off to you bro.

Now, I wish that we would have been more in the middle of the area, just to generate more crowds to the spl area and interest. Really wish there would have been more manufactures set up also. Props to the ones that were there!!! Thanks to you all.

Over by the beach sounds cool! I wish that there would be manufactures set up around the spl tent area. it would help bring in more crowds and more inerest to the spl sport, and we always need that. I understand that most manufactures want to appeal to more than the spl guys but hey, we are the ones making the noise!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm

their were vendors but they were all up front which didn't serve us at all i know bobby would appreciate it cause he had to pull his truck away from advance's booth to the lanes then back so that would be helpful an rd if steve decides to do a bigger setup next year it would be great for him, kenny, pat, and nick an hopefully meself lol

david
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Hopin to make the show next year.. So ya'll work out the kinks for us.. LOL.. From what I hear you all had a fantastic show.. Wish we could've made it but decided to travel to the Cape show instead.. BTW Dave how's that Tupelo show looking in August? Bigger crowd I'm hopin?
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:17 pm

The main problem that they were having from previous years was the traffic for the SPL event not flowing smooth that was a big problem last year that went very well this year with the way it was set up. One problem was NO ONE knew where the SPL even was at unless you knew someone or was in it yourself spectators were lower I think then from last year we just need to have it where the competitiors can enter and exit the lanes smoothly and still have parking close to the tent I know last year alot of people did like to demo there vehicle after there run and it was just not enough space this year for everyone to park in that area. I would also be nice to have some Manufactures set up and possibly the Shop/Shops that help sponser the event to set up something close to the spl part I think they would have more people ask about there products but thats my opinion. Last year and this year had over 100 competitors in SPL alone so we need to have some place set up that we can enjoy as well as with the car show part or else I think you will have less people enter the spl part. The main thing this year that made some people upset was with Saturday where you had to run your vehicle then go back to the parking lot and HOPE you can find a spot to park in. Like I said this is just my opinion take it how you want..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:32 pm

not trying to sound unappreciative, but it sure woulda been nice to have had the tall trophies also.

USACi to my understanding is designed to help the audio industry as a whole, that is why I was stating having booths near and around the USACi tent as well as being more exposed to the public. I do understand the traffic flow issue with running in the lanes but in the defense of everyone this year, I think it would have been smooth anywhere we were.

There again I am not discounting that the event is more focused toward the car show event, cause lord knows they were there in fulllllllllll force!
Back to top Go down
onlyinajeep
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:16 pm

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
The main problem that they were having from previous years was the traffic for the SPL event not flowing smooth that was a big problem last year that went very well this year with the way it was set up. One problem was NO ONE knew where the SPL even was at unless you knew someone or was in it yourself spectators were lower I think then from last year we just need to have it where the competitiors can enter and exit the lanes smoothly and still have parking close to the tent I know last year alot of people did like to demo there vehicle after there run and it was just not enough space this year for everyone to park in that area. I would also be nice to have some Manufactures set up and possibly the Shop/Shops that help sponser the event to set up something close to the spl part I think they would have more people ask about there products but thats my opinion. Last year and this year had over 100 competitors in SPL alone so we need to have some place set up that we can enjoy as well as with the car show part or else I think you will have less people enter the spl part. The main thing this year that made some people upset was with Saturday where you had to run your vehicle then go back to the parking lot and HOPE you can find a spot to park in. Like I said this is just my opinion take it how you want..........

anothe thing is that it had little security where i had to park sorta sucks that your leaving your sht alone aint like any body gonna stop when they hear an alarm they wre going off all day
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Just have it near something and seperate parking for audio competitors.....not just people watchin the show

But thats askin alot ha
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 pm

By the way, Matt...great job on the judging. I was impressed when ---someone was making their run....they revved the engine to what must have been redlined. You immediately stopped the run and told him what he was doing was not allowed. I then (and now) applaud you for that. It's nice to see a judge actually enforcing the rules that govern us.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah Matt is strict LOL
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 pm

ARMed&Bangin wrote:
By the way, Matt...great job on the judging. I was impressed when ---someone was making their run....they revved the engine to what must have been redlined. You immediately stopped the run and told him what he was doing was not allowed. I then (and now) applaud you for that. It's nice to see a judge actually enforcing the rules that govern us.

Also on the DJ Magic Mike song......i witnessed that haha
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm

I wasn't there for that one. Good call though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapin the Coast...   Scrapin the Coast... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrapin the Coast...
Page 1 of 1