Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Scrapin' The Coast Vote_lcapScrapin' The Coast Voting_barScrapin' The Coast Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Scrapin' The Coast Vote_lcapScrapin' The Coast Voting_barScrapin' The Coast Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle louisiana crzyblondgrl broken build records dollar silence disc songs record 80inches stereo quad chef contest Audiopipe drive world Johncarr crank state globe 2010 pics finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Scrapin' The Coast

Go down 
+12
supadave
Canaan
Nick
2003f150
Skip01
towboatbobby
grandpointkiller
usacijt
onlyinajeep
ARMed&Bangin
memphis_yota
USACGC
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Stereo location
Treasure Bay
Scrapin' The Coast Vote_lcap19%Scrapin' The Coast Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Coliseum
Scrapin' The Coast Vote_lcap81%Scrapin' The Coast Vote_rcap
 81% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 am

This poll is for everyone who participates at Scrapin' The Coast in Biloxi, Ms.
Would you rather have the Stereo portion at Treasure Bay where the registration is and have more room or at the Coliseum in the same location as last year and be in the actual show area?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ScrapinTheCoast.com
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:31 am

I voted coliseum. It would be a pain to see the rest of the show 2 miles down the road.
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:50 am

I'm undecided about this. I felt as though we were shunned in a corner last year, but it was quite convenient to just walk a few steps and be in the show area. I voted Treasure Bay.

If noone ventured into the corners, they didn't know "we" existed. If we were beach-side, I think we'd get much more exposure compared to hiding behind the generator building (or whatever that was).
Back to top Go down
onlyinajeep
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:27 am

all ready entered in the show and comp would hate to have to sit in traffic for a hour again to wait to get in the show and every time you wanted to see how the scores were going
Back to top Go down
usacijt
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
usacijt

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

that is an answer I would hear from kenny at any show of mine he is at, just like Street Warriorz in Atlanta last year. He had to be close to everything.
Back to top Go down
usacijt
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
usacijt

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

hope to see you soon kenny.
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:54 am

it would be nice to have more rrom this year and not crowed in a corner
Back to top Go down
http://www.everythingcaraudio.blogspot.com
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I voted coliseum,rather be closer to show without being so far away.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm

I voted treasure bay.
I hated where it was at last year, I'd rather be alone and more room than what was last year.

What about where it was 2 years ago, like by the parkin lot on the left side of stadium if ya lookin at it from beach?

That was nice and had a nice way to park and lineup to run.
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:06 pm

yea i also agree with skip
Back to top Go down
http://www.everythingcaraudio.blogspot.com
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Skip01 wrote:
I voted treasure bay.
I hated where it was at last year, I'd rather be alone and more room than what was last year.

What about where it was 2 years ago, like by the parkin lot on the left side of stadium if ya lookin at it from beach?

I think they are doing construction in that parking lot but yeah that was a good spot.I say coliseum but they need to plan it out better where we are not in a corner and actually get some exposure.
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 pm

usacijt wrote:
that is an answer I would hear from kenny at any show of mine he is at, just like Street Warriorz in Atlanta last year. He had to be close to everything.
haha
usacijt wrote:
hope to see you soon kenny.
Who is doing the show in commerce ga on the 15th?
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Skip01 wrote:
I voted treasure bay.

Yea, that was the best location, unfortunatly the coliseum will not let us have that parking area because they say they need it for spectator parking. They kind of screwed us when they decided to build on to the convention center. I guess no one at the coliseum was smart enough to build a parking garage before they started building on the parking lot!
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Bret, you're a local there. Someone mentioned the traffic of yesteryear. Can you give us some insight as to whether or not the road construction is complete? One lane killed us last year, as you know.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:33 pm

ARMed&Bangin wrote:
Bret, you're a local there. Someone mentioned the traffic of yesteryear. Can you give us some insight as to whether or not the road construction is complete? One lane killed us last year, as you know.

The hwy is totally finished. Smoooooth as a babies butt! All the lanes are open!
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 pm

I voted Coliseum. Like to be where the action is. move to the hotel and it is just another event, fun but still just another event. my opinion is that to promote the industry, it needs to be close to the target market. who knows, some of those carshow guys may decide to venture into audio comps if we are in the middle of them, rather put out back like the redheaded stepchild. Laughing

I understand that scrapin is more targeted to the show guys and yes they do out number us about 7 to 1, but we have always had the biggest turn out of any usaci event. Promote us Greg!
Dont fall for the easiest way out, make it work, we know you can.

also, give our trophies out first this year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 pm

First off.
Scrapin' is a GREAT show...I love it.
Trying to get as many people as I can to tag along this year!!!

EVERYONE is voting Treasure Bay because of the place we got stuck last year.

It was horrible, just enough space to turn around and NO room to park.
We had trouble w/ people not wanting us to demo last year...I think Steve (RD) was asked not to play the Tahoe a few times.

TheONLY reason half the spectators even knew about the stereo side was because the burnout comp was right next to us. We were hidden behind the AC units.

This year, I will have 3-5 vehicles coming w/ me (my avalanche, the van, NickV's Alero, maybe a few more)...and the van IS A DEMO VEHICLE. I know quite a few people would have like just a little more space. I mean dam...the vehicles in the stereo area were so blocked in, you had to ask 3 or 4 vehicles to move just to get in the lanes. My truck was locked in the back for hours.

If the SPL/SQ of things were held at Treasure Bay, it would be a totally different event.

I have to vote Coliseum, just move it out of the corner.

Oh...and not to be picky.
But the awards?
That is all I will say...

Last edited by Canaan on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 pm

yeah dont make us wait last this year
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 pm

yes roads are paved!!!
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm

2003f150 wrote:
yes roads are paved!!!

Biloxi has roads???
Holyshit!!!!
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 am

USACGC wrote:
ARMed&Bangin wrote:

The hwy is totally finished. Smoooooth as a babies butt! All the lanes are open!

WEEE...great news.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Anyone who has been to Scrapin' The Coast knows that the place is FULL of show cars. Until they finish the contruction of the convention center which is scheduled for the end of 09, we have to do SPL in the same location. It is the easiest access right by the gate to get cars in and out. If we were to move it anywhere else on the grounds the spl vehicles will not be able to move to get in the lanes. In 2010 we will be able to move the crank it up back in the east side parking lot where it was 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 pm

put the bouncy cars bounce where we were and put us where they were. we will draw crowds for longer periods of time and could work together to move vehicles to the lanes. help us help you. Very Happy win win situation cheers
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Nick wrote:
put the bouncy cars bounce where we were and put us where they were. we will draw crowds for longer periods of time and could work together to move vehicles to the lanes. help us help you. Very Happy win win situation cheers
The hydraulics is only for Sunday only. Thats the only reason why they get to use that location. If it were Sat & Sun they would be in the burnout pit
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Man.....we had nobody there for a crowd last year.....the year before was packed when it was in the parking lot area.

And a bunch of tents for people and demoing

Lets just take over the inside of the coliseum.....i seen nothin in there i was impressed with Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Skip01 wrote:
Man.....we had nobody there for a crowd last year.....the year before was packed when it was in the parking lot area.

Lets just take over the inside of the coliseum.....i seen nothin in there i was impressed with Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink

i agree, but then you have to deal with the fire codes, like your vehicle cant be running and so much gas in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Nick wrote:
Skip01 wrote:

i agree, but then you have to deal with the fire codes, like your vehicle cant be running and so much gas in the tank.

Bahhh....ill be on firewatch on a bucket with extinguisher
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm

USACGC wrote:
Nick wrote:
The hydraulics is only for Sunday only. Thats the only reason why they get to use that location. If it were Sat & Sun they would be in the burnout pit

ok i understand that, kinda like a temp situation.

would you consider putting us at the southeast corner and just let the show guys wrap and overlap in some of the area we were in last year, like maybe the oldies or another group.

we paid the price last year, just rotate it a little Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Guys, Im all open to any suggestions on placing stereo in a different location. The only problem i see is that if we were to put stereo in the south east corner, how are stereo contestants going to be able to pull into a lane? Because the show grounds are PACKED in like sardines, Literally! So if someone cant get to the stereo lane because theres no way to move vehicles, then whos going to be upset? Stereo would be Shut down due to no room to move around. That road is not big enough for vehicles to turn around, so how are you going to pull out the lane and get back to where you wanna park? Cause we cant leave an open lane all the way around the show grounds. Plus theres absolutly no electricity in that area.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm

I say anywhere is better than last year too me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrapin' The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapin' The Coast   Scrapin' The Coast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrapin' The Coast
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: