Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
daily driver  - Page 3 Vote_lcapdaily driver  - Page 3 Voting_bardaily driver  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
daily driver  - Page 3 Vote_lcapdaily driver  - Page 3 Voting_bardaily driver  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 80inches finals quad crank state stereo crzyblondgrl Johncarr disc build globe records drive silence louisiana contest kyle Audiopipe record dollar chef world broken songs pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

daily driver

Go down 
+13
2003f150
twentyhurtz
Alarm God
Upzaw2000
chrisfish
nebrsq
jdlspl
Alan
poundstone
The_Rowlands
sanman
Jake Jesty
tommytee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-02-04

daily driver  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

did usaci ever have a daily driver class? Idea Idea to me if you trailer your car and you cant drive it" to heavy" no seatbelts" no inspection,i think you should be in super mod classes not just mod.it would open up to alot more competitors like tahoes with the box past the window line,and ext cab trucks with large boxes.i know some people would try to say its to easy to fake a daily driver,but come on we all can tell if you drive it,or if it can be driven.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm

wont happen only a select few that think they can win these classes want them, and not the mass.

no more classes if you want a lod end class like that go to drag, and see how you do if you have the money to compete with them that is
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I definitely think we can lose the port classes
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 pm

sanman wrote:
wont happen only a select few that think they can win these classes want them, and not the mass.

no more classes if you want a lod end class like that go to drag, and see how you do if you have the money to compete with them that is

I would love to have drag in Louisiana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:59 pm

chrisfish wrote:
Lets do away with port and supper port and add a 0-30 hz and 30-49 hz burp class. No power or battery restrictions. Just let em bang!
call it the low end monster class..

beau did a 160.6 last weekend at 38hz, ohh that was on the dash too, down at least 1 woofer.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

kickercrx wrote:
chrisfish wrote:
Lets do away with port and supper port and add a 0-30 hz and 30-49 hz burp class. No power or battery restrictions. Just let em bang!

beau did a 160.6 last weekend at 38hz, ohh that was on the dash too, down at least 1 woofer.

thats what i said in the 1 post.lol i mean if he can do it in sb3 @ that frequency then there should be no problem others with more equipment cant do it
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

poundstone wrote:
kickercrx wrote:
chrisfish wrote:

thats what i said in the 1 post.lol i mean if he can do it in sb3 @ that frequency then there should be no problem others with more equipment cant do it
dats what i am talking about! Beau is da man! There are many others up there also. Like db don
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:17 pm

If all these guys really cared to run USACI ...then why wouldn't they be running SB already
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:23 pm

concrete car playing at 30 hz.... yummmmz
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:31 pm

sanman wrote:
i am so sick and tired of hearing about fresh meat, new blood, blah fornicating blah.

newbs will stay if they want to, but more than likely wont because they are listening to someone tell them what they need to do only to find out they aint even close.

newbs need nuturing just like a new born because you dont go into something thinking you will be the best there is, was, or ever will be in the first year out.

so after they spend 13k on a build, and go to finals to get there asses handed to them by a vet they just quit. well that tells me there heart was not in it near as much as there check book was.
Fred did in 2009...lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm

well not to knock on fred but what was the comp in that class then, and what is it now
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

affraid Team tiny Alan poter and myself to name a few. All will be 160+ study
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

hey poundstone,why do keep saying stuff about me not winning classes and that i should just get in were i fit in?if you would have read my post THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME GETTING BEAT OR NOT WINNING,its about trying to get some more people to make more and bigger shows.i fit in 2001 to 4000 watts mod just fine and doing good,like i said this is not for my truck.hey allen im with you on the port classes.
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 pm

I say do away with the port classes too. I would love to tune my box back down to at least 40hz, its loud at 66hz but for listening enjoyment or disturbing the peace it just sux.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 pm

What class would draw a younger cooler croud? Lmao.
Port and super port are only a points chasing class imo.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 pm

then why did you start it? explain it to me if it isnt about winning at a show? this is always what it boils down to when 1 of these post shows up somebody is geting beat or sees that there is a guy in a class they cant beat so we get a thread like this. we have daily classes as i said its called streetbeat but what happens? when everybody comes to the show nobody does it they all do the burp class. i seriously just dont see your point? other then as i stated somebody is looking for a way to win a tittle or something without having to put in the work. you said its not about you its about friends well why are they that worried about it? have they gone to a show? if people are gonna go to shows they will they arent gonna go because of 1 class when there are aready 15 that they can run and nobody even fills them. like i said i dont mean to be a dick and if im wrong so be it but explain to me how this will help? or what you actually mean? ive said before half the cars in usaci are daily drivers by your definition and they all find a class so what is it? we also have local class for the real new guys who dont wanna run power classes.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 am

I don't understand how any of you think a freq cap and lower tuned beaters will bring people in and get them to stay.. silly..it takes 3-4k easy to build what you guys have.. you want people to compete .. make it affordable .. 2 12s..1 battery..1 amp.. something you can do for 1000 bucks or something .. 90% of people who come to me at shows for help aren't saying "I wish I could compete with a low tune" they actually don't mind a SPL tune.. its part of competing.. but when you HAVE to HAVE a 500w.amp built to USACI rules that cost 800 used it runs them off..
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 am

^^^^great point alan!! we actually get alot of guys who wanna run local a,b, or c because of that just so they get a idea. theya rent worried about what its tuned to they just dont wanna go against my rex or something with a $500 setup.lol i do think they might gain from a small entry level class kinda like drag's street stock where limited on power and only rookies can run no pro's but again once u do that somebody will complain they dont fit in it even as a rookie they another issue but i do agree it might help but the local classes do help a little
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 am

I am only suggesting we get rid of 2 classes that are un used and replace them with 2 classes people like
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 am

SB IS THE BEST CLASSES AT FINALS WELL THE MOST ENTRIES .... CHANGE IT ALL UP MAYBE ....SB 1,2,3,4 ALL NO WALL CLASSES .... SB5 NOWALL PRO. SB6 12V WALL SB7 PRO WALL
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

OR A NOWALL SB 123 ONLY AND 1 WOULD HAVE 2 RULES THEN 2 WOULD HAVE 3 RULES AND 3 WOULD HAVE.4 RULES .....JUST ALL NO WALLS ... THEN 4 BE PRO NO WALL AND 5 BE 12V WALL AND 6 BE PRO WALL
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

Alan wrote:
I don't understand how any of you think a freq cap and lower tuned beaters will bring people in and get them to stay.. silly..it takes 3-4k easy to build what you guys have.. you want people to compete .. make it affordable .. 2 12s..1 battery..1 amp.. something you can do for 1000 bucks or something .. 90% of people who come to me at shows for help aren't saying "I wish I could compete with a low tune" they actually don't mind a SPL tune.. its part of competing.. but when you HAVE to HAVE a 500w.amp built to USACI rules that cost 800 used it runs them off..

I tried suggesting to a few people that maybe we should go back to some of the older class structures, not for the sake of repeating history but for cost reasons for the entry level guys. Bring back the 0-300 class or the 0-150 class.. true it won't be long and someone will have some outrageous score in it, but at least you won't have the high up front costs of the 0-600 class that scare a lot of people off. I get local guys excited about competing and when they come and ask what they need to get started the get discouraged quick when i tell them they need to try to buy a $600 amp to be competitive in their class.

It doesn't matter though, it seems we have these threads full of idea's all the time but they never amount to anything.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

qhy do we need change when the simple classes we have now cant be mastered by more than 1 person.

i mean really when is the last time rowland/jimbo/biguns/kumar didnt win there classes

tiny is about the newest i can think of
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am

I honestly feel they haven't been challenged.. closest thing kumar has has was when we did nicks van the weekend before finals in 09 lol.. they are all loud and good at what they do.but like chad said before. The amount of dedication needed to win is down alot.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 am

sanman wrote:
well not to knock on fred but what was the comp in that class then, and what is it now
In 2008 there were 6 people in SB 4.
There were 9 people in that class in 2009. Joe L., Allen Potter, the other Jeff Sanford, Thomas Lingard, Jonathan Cortez, Ryan Ward, Jeremy Gentry, Aaron Hanselman, and Fred Dietrich. 2010 there were another 9 people in the class. 2011 there were 5 people in the class.
2008 - 156.1 Kenny Coleman
2009 - 156.5 Fred Dietrich
2010 - 160.5 Fred Dietrich
2011 - 161.0 Fred Dietrich
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 am

noone has stepped to him, and challenged him yet, and the only one that has and beat him was dq'd

like i said he hasnt had a real challenge yet that to me means he is comfy being in that class because noone has came close to dethroning him.

now im not him, but if i was ide step up a class or down one and see what i could do.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 pm

sanman wrote:
noone has stepped to him, and challenged him yet, and the only one that has and beat him was dq'd

like i said he hasnt had a real challenge yet that to me means he is comfy being in that class because noone has came close to dethroning him.

now im not him, but if i was ide step up a class or down one and see what i could do.
We have talked about that recently! waiting to hear back from a couple people on subs/amps.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:05 pm

good i mean potter did well but coming to finals and gaining what he did there tells me he isnt near as good as one may think.

testing is an art, and where you make your gains and to many people either dont do it at all or dont do it properly
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:15 pm

ya taking my place in sb5 this year ? sence im doing stock and mod
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:21 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
ya taking my place in sb5 this year ? sence im doing stock and mod
Possible. But I think Bret should take it this year. We may jump into sb3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

daily driver
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next