Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
daily driver  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
daily driver  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
daily driver  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
daily driver  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
daily driver  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
daily driver  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
daily driver  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
daily driver  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
daily driver  Vote_lcapdaily driver  Voting_bardaily driver  Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank kyle chef louisiana record broken stereo songs contest disc records Audiopipe build 80inches 2010 world globe state silence dollar pics drive crzyblondgrl quad Johncarr finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

daily driver

Go down 
+13
2003f150
twentyhurtz
Alarm God
Upzaw2000
chrisfish
nebrsq
jdlspl
Alan
poundstone
The_Rowlands
sanman
Jake Jesty
tommytee
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-02-04

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

did usaci ever have a daily driver class? Idea Idea to me if you trailer your car and you cant drive it" to heavy" no seatbelts" no inspection,i think you should be in super mod classes not just mod.it would open up to alot more competitors like tahoes with the box past the window line,and ext cab trucks with large boxes.i know some people would try to say its to easy to fake a daily driver,but come on we all can tell if you drive it,or if it can be driven.
Back to top Go down
Jake Jesty
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jake Jesty

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2011-02-13

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

That would be awesome bc my car is walled with 6 15s and its a daily driver but there are already classes that are empty in a lot of shows and people winning 1st bc they are the only one in there and doubt usaci would ever do that but if they do i would love that
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

drove my s10 everywhere except long road trips ide use a tow bar so it was a dailey driver, and well i did over 164
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 pm

some of the new guys get scared to compete with "the big dogs" because of the classes,i know 6 people right now that would join usaci if they would move the trailer queens to super mod.i think the reason most show are getting smaller is because its time to change.just my two cents.i am walled at the b pillar 4 18's and i use my suburban every day in my motorcycle and boat shop.i drive everywere in it got 179 thousand miles on her and still purring.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm

yah but just because they trailor to a show doesnt mean its not a dailey driver thoughjust means they like to travel distance in comfort and style
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:35 pm

my dime was over 150k miles and leaking oil like she meant every mile of it
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 pm

thats what i am taliking bout.
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 pm

using a trailer to get it to the show is ok,we all know the ones that cant be driven.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Shitz i drive my van all the time and only towed it 1 time to save gas .
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm

people need to quit worrying about winning a damn trophy like they said peopld dont even come and fill up the classes now if they are that worried that oh i wont get a trophy so i wont go compete then they arent a real competitor. sorry just how i feel i mean i went to many shows and got my ass handed to me before i learned it is part of the game the sport shouldnt have to change because people are butthurt they cant win their first time out to a show. we have local classes also at most usaci shows for that too and they arent filled i mean there are a ton of classes most vehicles can fit in at least 2-3 in usaci and still prolly win a trophy so that really isnt a valid excuse in my eyes. now days everybody just expects everything handed to them i swear!!
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm

that little plastic trophy dont mean Dung Pile to me,but a world championship would.i was a world champion kickboxer,didnt do it for the kicks if you know what i talking bout.everyone will lose sometime,but when you are comparing apples to oranges,someone will lose all the time.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 pm

These post are always funny. You want to compete? Build competitive and work on your $hit.. seat belts/ inspection stickers? Seriously? My civic was my girls everyday car ans we won finals by nearly 2db.. searbelts..stickers ..whatever you wanna call it.. the person capable of handing you your ass always will regardless if he has a current insurance card.. get real..
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

i am just saying it would open up to new and fresh meat out there,i have no need to cry about a trophy,i have plenty,and my score on the tl is right were it needs to be for 2001 to 4000 mod this year,witch is a good bit more than my avatar...........and done in a daily driven suburban on 12 volts.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm

I just don't understand what your talking about 90% of cars winning are perfectly capable of daily driving... I just don't see reasoning. I have a astro in my driveway with 6 15s that has drove to every show in its life and will do 62 plus with 1 d5 in it..
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 pm

what i mean are the 8000lbs astros and the sort.just saying "not for me"but it would get some more faces in if they had a daily driven class,kinda like a ground pounder class are something.
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 pm

tommytee wrote:
what i mean are the 8000lbs astros and the sort.just saying "not for me"but it would get some more faces in if they had a daily driven class,kinda like a ground pounder class are something.
it's called streatbeat
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

yea i guess so.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Wait.. you got 4 18s and really think that is less intimidating than a astro? 8000lb? Name one vehicle you've seen at a LA show that fits the description of the type of vehicle your talking about
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Wait again.. you had the suburban walled with 4 18s??? I'm completely lost now haw that needs a special class that a walled astro wouldn't be in
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 pm

My van is 9080lbs with a 4.3 v6 and i drive it between 40 and 50k miles every year! has just over 400k and will drive cross country with no worries
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 pm

i am not talking about just a walled car,i am talking about the kind of vechicle that doesn't run under its own power,built out of concrete and steel and can never be driven around the parking lot,much less daily driven.not talking bout anyone specific,just in general...
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:25 pm

i dont need anything special for my ride or my class,thats not what this is about.
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm

kinda got turned the wrong way.rowland i saw your van and i know you drive that loud \"Female dog\",i was and still am very impressed,but like i said i am not talking about no one specific.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 pm

tommytee wrote:
i am not talking about just a walled car,i am talking about the kind of vechicle that doesn't run under its own power,built out of concrete and steel and can never be driven around the parking lot,much less daily driven.not talking bout anyone specific,just in general...
you named 2 whole vehicles ... so your saying people don't want to compete because. The 2 super mod cars we have in usaci are to intimidating? What "daily driver" gets put against a super mod car? I'm lost at the whole point of this thread ..
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 pm

My vans 1 of the heaviest .is all im saying. i know of none that have concrete. and the steal frames are 4 strength and 4 lighter weight
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Regardless ... this is 4 18s walled at the bpiller...lol just sayin ya know
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Choppers van is the only 1 i know of with cement . .and its retired 4 last 3 years
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 am

tommytee wrote:
kinda got turned the wrong way.rowland i saw your van and i know you drive that loud \"Female dog\",i was and still am very impressed,but like i said i am not talking about no one specific.

I think I understand what you were trying to get across, problem is, no matter what class is created, it will always have dominant competitors in it-someone will always put in the extra hours to try to get an edge on the other guy.
I was the same way on the SQ side of things, when I started (back in the day) I did all my own work and didn't feel it was right that I'd have to go up against a professionally built ride by an expert competitor that was then entered into the intro class, but then to fix that, you'd have to classify the people building the ride, not just the car itself. I think you'd get into the same thing here. I currently run modified, but only hit a little above 150, but every build gets louder. I could save some steps and have it built for me, but for me that takes from the fun I have building it.
Bottom line is if someone enjoys this sport, they will not mind getting schooled for a while in order to get better. I'm an ex bball player, and I sure wouldn't turn down the opportunity to get smoked on the court by a player I knew was better, just make me that much tougher to beat next time.

Sorry for being long winded, just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:37 am

yeah there is a supermod class for those guys and you shouldnt have to go against them ever unless u run supermod yourself and only way you would do that is if your car has mods in front of the b-pillar which is a supermod car. im just unsure what u mean i take it you haev friends that have built up floors or built down roofs or stripper poles for their builds and since they do they have to run supermod against danny hayes and craig butler. well sorry not gonna create a class just for that is kinda stupid when all the world champion vehicles in the mod classes are just as loud without those roof and floor builds and mods up front. i mean i cant expect a organization to start another class for just those 2-3 vehicles that may or may not show up for finals when we already have tons of classes for them. if you want a world title pick a class and build for it!! otherwise build your Dung Pile how u want and just go enjoy the sport!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 am

There is 3 or 4 guys here that have mdf roof and stripper poles. Thinking they should fit in street beat and mod? Not cool to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

daily driver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

daily driver
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next