Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
daily driver  - Page 2 Vote_lcapdaily driver  - Page 2 Voting_bardaily driver  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
daily driver  - Page 2 Vote_lcapdaily driver  - Page 2 Voting_bardaily driver  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive globe kyle contest state Johncarr louisiana records 2010 crzyblondgrl silence Audiopipe record quad chef crank songs finals build disc dollar pics world broken stereo 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

daily driver

Go down 
+13
2003f150
twentyhurtz
Alarm God
Upzaw2000
chrisfish
nebrsq
jdlspl
Alan
poundstone
The_Rowlands
sanman
Jake Jesty
tommytee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-02-04

daily driver  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

did usaci ever have a daily driver class? Idea Idea to me if you trailer your car and you cant drive it" to heavy" no seatbelts" no inspection,i think you should be in super mod classes not just mod.it would open up to alot more competitors like tahoes with the box past the window line,and ext cab trucks with large boxes.i know some people would try to say its to easy to fake a daily driver,but come on we all can tell if you drive it,or if it can be driven.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

i can have a stripper pole??
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 am

chrisfish wrote:
There is 3 or 4 guys here that have mdf roof and stripper poles. Thinking they should fit in street beat and mod? Not cool to me

In SB I don't see an issue with the poles.. but Mdf roof or floors should be a no go. I have local daily beaters cars here that could use a pole in the roof.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 am

my van comes stock with 3/4 inch ply wood for head linner but i took it out and i use 1/8 so no one will biotch ...
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Alan wrote:
tommytee wrote:
i am not talking about just a walled car,i am talking about the kind of vechicle that doesn't run under its own power,built out of concrete and steel and can never be driven around the parking lot,much less daily driven.not talking bout anyone specific,just in general...
you named 2 whole vehicles ... so your saying people don't want to compete because. The 2 super mod cars we have in usaci are to intimidating? What "daily driver" gets put against a super mod car? I'm lost at the whole point of this thread ..
Fred's Explorer Against the Crossfire Van at 2010 finals....lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:18 pm

The crossfire van was super mod cause of a rule.. air box lol.. not cause its steel and concrete
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm

the whole issue was not about steel or concrete or what ever the build material is,or how many woofers and batts and amps.not about me getting beat at a show or not about anyone specific.just wondered if usaci ever had a real daily driver class?daily driver,not drive to shows,not drive on the freakin weekend,not a full blown spl build.i was talking about a real car or truck or schoolbus for all i care,driven everyday to work to school or were ever and be able to play music with real mids and hi's no burp box"daily ground pounder".
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm

I think it is time for something like a 49hz cap class.
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm

yea chris,something like that.
Back to top Go down
tommytee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
tommytee

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm

my truck does hi 50's between 46-51 hz,and tunned higher the score goes up prettygood,but sounds like crap
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 pm

no more classes or restructuring this is why we lost so many people as it is

get in where ya fit in or be a stay at home street beating urban legand
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm

tommytee wrote:
the whole issue was not about steel or concrete or what ever the build material is,or how many woofers and batts and amps.not about me getting beat at a show or not about anyone specific.just wondered if usaci ever had a real daily driver class?daily driver,not drive to shows,not drive on the freakin weekend,not a full blown spl build.i was talking about a real car or truck or schoolbus for all i care,driven everyday to work to school or were ever and be able to play music with real mids and hi's no burp box"daily ground pounder".

And what happens when you or someone else isn't winning that class? White car blue car green car class like car shows gave?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I loved the way my civic box played music.. I liked it.. it was my "ground pounder" setup.. and would do 58s... OK not really.. but I mean who's to say what's a daily build and what's not

Last edited by Alan on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Around here I somewhat consider all stock, trunk, ss, and most mod cars to be daily driven vehicles.. because most are, so what would it matter if there is the class or not.
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:07 am

Most of us drive our mod vehicles to work, the store, just about everywhere.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 am

chrisfish wrote:
I think it is time for something like a 49hz cap class.

Im with ya on this one...... cheers
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 am

S yall wanna trade SB for a low freq burp class? Cause I'm sure y'all aren't planning taking the the normal burp classes away from those that want it in trade for 2 low freq classes?
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am

how do u define daily? pretty much u just want a class with a frequency limit now is that it? because as they said most vehicles in usaci are daily drivers just because they have a box that peaks high dont mean Dung Pile its a daily driver so then u say oh well no but a 50 hz cap will how do u know that thats not a daily driver box? my box peaks @ 55hz in my daily driver because i dont listen to alot of slowed music and listen to more rock and other stuff so then i would be eliminated from your comp in my (daily driver) because it peaks higher and i listen to diff music? it is a competition man if you wanna play music low tuned fine but dont expect the organization to make a class that then people will not compete in because they will find some other reason not to win. it still all comes down to want ing to win no matter how u word it. they have sb classes u can play music in and the sb3 world champ and record holder is as daily as it gets and did it @ 40hz also so how is there not a class? again im sorry to sound like a dick but it comes down to u wanting a class around your vehicle!! there are many classes as i and others stated to run in usaci.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 am

A FREAQUENCY LIMIT CLASS WILL GET YOU CRUSHED WHEN ALL THE DRAG GUYS COME OVER AND BEAT THE Dung Pile OUT OF YOU WITH THERE CAR SEALED UP.

THEN YOU WILL WANT A DIFFERANT CLASS TO FIT INTO.

WINNING A TITLE ISNT ALL THE PRESTIGOUSE ANYMORE FELLA'S TRUST ME I HAVE BEEN IN IT DURING ITS HIGHT AND THE BEGGINING OF THE FALL.

A TITLE WON NOW A DAYS DOESNT HAVE THE SAME MEANING IT DID BACK IN 2003-2007
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 pm

30hz sealed on dash way over 162s will still be needed ,,,,,and thats bassrace or sb
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 pm

EXACTLY

NO MATTER WHAT NEW CLASSES ARE MADE IT WILL TAKE NEWBS 2-3 YEARS TO CATCH UP IF THEY EVER DO BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE THTA HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND HAVE THE UPPER HAND
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:39 pm

like sanman says, if thing were like they used to be i probably wouldn't have won finals, ohh say the last few years or more, then again other than changing out equipment and fixing broke stuff i haven't really worked on it since about 09.

then again if it were still like it used to be maybe i'd have the motivation to actually work on things? nowadays you show up at finals and 1-5th, if there are even 5 in a class are 10 db difference, back in the day 1-5th was withing 1 db or so.

I think i'm at the geezer stage of spl, i was once young, single, no kids, had a hard work ethic, motivation, maxed out the credit cards to get what i wanted, but didn't know what i was doing.

now i'm old, know what im doing, and even have 10-20 ideas to try that i think would work pretty good, have plenty of money, but dont have the time or motivation to work on it. i just still go to shows to get out of the house for a few hours and chat with friends.

I am however looking for a young, motivated, hard working kid with money to mentor and help build a car for. and no i'm not gonna build the car for you, i'm the i tell you what to do you do it kind of helper. It's gotta be someone close by so i can inpsect the work though. I don't know haw many times i've told someone how to do something step by step and they do it and it doesn't work, then come to find out the skipped 3 steps and changed to others to make it easier, yet they say they did it just like you told them. kids these days.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

You all know i tune high! This isnt about winning or not it is just about having a class or 2 that is not about 500@4 ohm or high tuning. .there is a shitload of competitors we could get in the lanes if only there was a place. Yes we talk about this every year. But lets do something different that could start some real growth Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 pm

chrisfish wrote:
You all know i tune high! This isnt about winning or not it is just about having a class or 2 that is not about 500@4 ohm or high tuning.

wait a min, i'm confused are you saying you tune high, or that you tune high.

or are you saying you tune high, but not high.

or just that your high.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm

just make stock class a real stock class . 1 battery under the hood and thats it. no more then 1 amp in all classes . only 1 alt ...all pannels in ..... and average build that most have .
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

i am so sick and tired of hearing about fresh meat, new blood, blah fornicating blah.

newbs will stay if they want to, but more than likely wont because they are listening to someone tell them what they need to do only to find out they aint even close.

newbs need nuturing just like a new born because you dont go into something thinking you will be the best there is, was, or ever will be in the first year out.

so after they spend 13k on a build, and go to finals to get there asses handed to them by a vet they just quit. well that tells me there heart was not in it near as much as there check book was.
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Get in where ya fit in.....
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

thats the best way.... ya get louder and louder eavry year and sooner or later ya will catch up .....took me 6 years ta catch up
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

and actually was more fun trying to catch up
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Lets do away with port and supper port and add a 0-30 hz and 30-49 hz burp class. No power or battery restrictions. Just let em bang!
call it the low end monster class..
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm

I will bet they will be the fullest classes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: daily driver    daily driver  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

daily driver
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next