Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Mod q opinion Vote_lcapMod q opinion Voting_barMod q opinion Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe disc state drive Johncarr record dollar pics build records 2010 80inches crank silence kyle stereo Audiopipe quad chef crzyblondgrl world contest louisiana songs broken finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Mod q opinion

Go down 
+9
SQYUKON
PerformanceTyler
TeamTCA
Stubbs
tijuana_no
instalher
SouthSyde
nebrsq
jsketoe
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:11 am

So, You guys think the large amount of cars and close scores is cool and competitive or do you think we need some more judging criteria on the scoresheet to separate great cars from excellent cars?
Honest question.
I have heard manufacturers go both ways on this.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:40 am

I think that if the score sheet were adjust within the tougher parts of the sheet, such as areas focusing on the depth, and centering, it would work, and I think it would be a good idea.
Most SQ people can put a good set of components and a good processor and be competitive in the Q class, but it would be nice to see one, or two areas of the score sheet expanded to separate the better from the best. Not a ton of points for these area's, just enough that a car that is exceptional can maybe pull a point or two more in.
I always hate to see 2 cars have to be separated by a coin toss.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm

agreed.
I will leave this up for some folks to chime in...always good to look at by SQ R&E.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I dont know how the score cards look, but maybe more emphasis can be made on tonality also, along with proper staging. The realism, and the dynamics of a system, and overall emjoyability (dunno if thats a word lol) of the system. A car can sound "technically" right with proper focused center, good height, good width, good depth but overall does not sound as good as another car, but in the end score much higher then a car that was tonally much more pleasant to listen to. Becuz at the end of the day, its the overall sound of everything working together that makes a memorable listening experience. just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
instalher

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:58 pm

i would like to see just a bit more detail on the score sheet. loosing to a competior by 2 or 3 points sucks but when you can nail down what she beat you with, then you can get better, like iasca. with usaci not enough detail in the points to really dial in your mistakes..my scores in sq for usaci are 128 in iasca they are 242-245. big difference
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
Above Average Contributor
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm

I do like the score sheet is very judging friendly and nicely put together it covers a good area to work , but I think you (John) can improve it ! I would like to be able to see a wider point spread .
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

why not flip the entire sq section of the sheet to modified...basically same judging as supermod and extreme, yet one seat. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 am

why dont you guys just enter supermodified ......
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Fact is MOD scores in SQ have always been way to close (1-5 points usually between the Top 3 in the class). There is NO reason for this to happen year after year. The scoresheet DOES need to be expanded even if only slightly AND all SQ Judges need to be trained as to what scores should be given. The install portion in MOD is also pretty much a joke as well. ALL good cars basically end up tied or within a few points (1-3) here too.

It is obvious that the Modified Division has become the most popular, largest class so a few minor changes are not far-fetched IMO. Whatever ends up changing on the sheets has to be kept the SAME for all formats of the Modified Division (so that competitors who choose to run both Q and SQ or even SQ+ in any combination can be judged once for all they enter). It makes NO sense to make Q worth more on the sound portion of the sheet and not also include SQ and SQ+. Consistency.... Making expansions in any of the scoresheets only works if those who judge actually UNDERSTAND how to judge them and award points for such.

I would probably be in favor of scratching the "Street Q" or X crossover class and replacing it with maybe an additional SOUND ONLY, expanded version 1 seat only judging BUT again this will bring additional questions into play like how the vehicle would be classified based on modifications into the appropriate class. THis is why we have Mod, SuperMod, Xtreme, etc now to avoid this problem. Just my 2 cents....

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 pm

BTW, making additional classes up to fit everyone's needs is not my idea of growing USACi either. It would be much better to keep everything as-is and expand the judging portions in both install and sound (with definitely more focus on the sound side). ALso, I stand by getting rid of Street Q and making Xtreme Q (2seat) a standard class. Keep in mind that anyone, regardless of build, choice, etc can enter any of the Xtreme classes they so choose.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 pm

yup...I agree...no additional classes. I personally think we should just bump all of modified up to the sound judging standards of supermod except just one seat judging. Even though install is close, that's the point in Modified is to make it more simple.
I DO think some top cars from Modified should choose to challenge themselves and move up into supermod.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Yea Im not sure there are enough cars entering streetq to keep it around. I say lose it and replace it with xtremeq.
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 pm

May I give a view from the bottom looking up...

Now there is intro class... then you get done there and your faced with Modified, Super Mod or Extreme...

Modified should have a tougher judging on the install... Totally agree.. but should be the next step up, dont judge modified harder to judge yourselves harder, MOVE UP...

Street Q is a good class for someone not wanting to throw processors etc in their ride...and is a spl crossover class and there can be good competition in there.

Its like some people stepped from bottom to the first deck of competition level and hardly anyone has gone up to the 3rd or 4th decks.... Thought this sport was trying to push limits and make yourself better..?

SUPERMOD I think there should be a SUPERMOD 1 and 2...1 or 2 st class... Supermod should be a SQ and SQ+ class not just a Q class...

MODIFIED... Get rid of the Q and do SQ and SQ+ or make it to where you can only enter 1 class at finals possibly...

Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Stubbs wrote:

Now there is intro class... then you get done there and your faced with Modified, Super Mod or Extreme...

Modified should have a tougher judging on the install... Totally agree.. but should be the next step up, dont judge modified harder to judge yourselves harder, MOVE UP...

Street Q is a good class for someone not wanting to throw processors etc in their ride...and is a spl crossover class and there can be good competition in there.

Its like some people stepped from bottom to the first deck of competition level and hardly anyone has gone up to the 3rd or 4th decks.... Thought this sport was trying to push limits and make yourself better..?

SUPERMOD I think there should be a SUPERMOD 1 and 2...1 or 2 st class... Supermod should be a SQ and SQ+ class not just a Q class...

MODIFIED... Get rid of the Q and do SQ and SQ+ or make it to where you can only enter 1 class at finals possibly...

Just curious. Why should you only be able to enter one class if you're in modified?
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:40 pm

you have 3 classes.... the same 3 people win all 3 classes... seems a bit redundant dont ya think?
Did anyone else have a chance in 1 class more than another... NOPE... just saying...
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I will respectfully disagree with you on that. People put a ton of time and hard work in their cars or trucks and should be able to enter multiple classes as long as it's in the rules.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:11 am

Supermod is three divisions.

Someone different won every mod class and supermod class. The only person to win q and sq was Todd crowder in extreme.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:13 am

Supermod this year went:
Steveanderson q
Me sq
David seal sq+
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:39 am

SQYUKON wrote:
Stubbs wrote:

Just curious. Why should you only be able to enter one class if you're in modified?

USACI GENERAL RULES
Event Registration
Event registration will generally begin approximately one hour prior to the stated beginning time of
the contest. After the contest has begun, the event director, at his or her discretion may accept late registrations and opt to add a surcharge to the stated event registration fee for late registrants if he or she so desires. Each vehicle can be entered and judged in only one SQ division.
Back to top Go down
SublimeZ
SublimeZ

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 am

I don't have an issue with close scores. Also have no issue with an expanded scoresheet. HOWEVER, if you do away with MOD Q, I'm out. My install is solid, but not up to being judged. I can be competitive in sound only, and will make a few shows a year as long as that's an option. I'm willing to bet there are others in my position too. If you wanna grow the sport, you need to be inclusive, rather than exclusive.
Back to top Go down

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 am

papacueball wrote:

USACI GENERAL RULES
Event Registration
Event registration will generally begin approximately one hour prior to the stated beginning time of
the contest. After the contest has begun, the event director, at his or her discretion may accept late registrations and opt to add a surcharge to the stated event registration fee for late registrants if he or she so desires. Each vehicle can be entered and judged in only one SQ division.

No point in quoting the rules. They weren't followed at a single event that I attended last season and I think we hit five last season.

SublimeZ wrote:
I don't have an issue with close scores. Also have no issue with an expanded scoresheet. HOWEVER, if you do away with MOD Q, I'm out. My install is solid, but not up to being judged. I can be competitive in sound only, and will make a few shows a year as long as that's an option. I'm willing to bet there are others in my position too. If you wanna grow the sport, you need to be inclusive, rather than exclusive.

Agreed 100%.

Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:21 am

sam3535 wrote:
No point in quoting the rules. They weren't followed at a single event that I attended last season and I think we hit five last season.

Sad, but true.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 pm

classes are fine and score sheet is fine .Just take a few of those black boxes or shared areas in the Intro and Mod section of the score sheet . That's the only change I would do!!!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't see anyone getting rid of intro, mod q sq sq+, supermod q sq sq+, extreme q sq sq+. That crossover class is a wasted space IMO. I would rather see something that would get used and get entries in its place.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 pm

If all cars get judged on the same SQ criteria, there could be a 'Best Sound' award across all classes. Maybe a small trophy, if any, and a few extra points? Even if it was just for bragging rights, that would be ok, too.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:44 pm

papacueball wrote:
SQYUKON wrote:
Stubbs wrote:

USACI GENERAL RULES
Event Registration
There is a diference between classes and divisions. If your car qualifies for the supermod division then you cant run the same car in the mod division. in each division there are different classes based on what you want to be judged on(sound only,sound and install,and sound,install,spl) That is what that rule is discussing.
Also as far as the Street Q class that we were forced to use how many spl guys actually competed in that at finals? What about at other shows? At several shows I attended and even the one I hosted there were none.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:06 pm

You may want to read through the rules again. Intro, modified, supermod, etc. are all referred to as "classes".
Also:
Judging Specifics
All vehicles must move under their own power during the event. This means that pushing, towing, etc., will not be allowed after the vehicle has entered the judging line under it’s own power. Emergency situations will be evaluated on the spot by the head judge.
An equipment or vehicle malfunction is the competitor’s responsibility. A competitor shall be allowed a maximum of five minutes to correct or repair any malfunction. After five minutes have expired, the vehicle must be judged if possible or given a no score. Repeated repairs will not be allowed. Also, no repairs will be allowed after SPL testing has started. No refunds will be given.
A competitor will not be allowed to enter the same vehicle in more than one SQ class/division. Each vehicle will be judged only once, unless the head judge deems it necessary to re-judge the vehicle to preserve the integrity of the event. All Intro, Street, Modified and Super Modified vehicles must be licensed and “Street Legal” as per federal regulations. Vehicles that do not comply will be judged in the Extreme SQ+ division.

Extreme SQ+ is referred to as a division here, so it seems that the words "class" and "division" are interchangeable. At any rate, the bolded sentence above seems pretty clear cut to me. One class/division per car. If the rules are written in such a way that they do not convey the intended meaning, then they should be rewritten/reworded so as not to be confusing or ambiguous.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:47 pm

I was on the rules committe that came up with the rules. This is just a mistake that none of us caught when they were being typed up. The way it is designed is that you cant enter the same car in mod/supermod,etc.. Whatever class/division(or if we need to come up with another name to clear this up) your car is placed in to compete(intro/mod/supermod/extreme) that is the only division/class you can compete in. So if all year you compete in supermod q and you get an invite to finals you qualified for the supermod division/class not just supermod q. If this has changed since this past competition season let me know but that is how the people that came up with this intended it to be.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for the clarification. What about entering mod q and mod sq in the same competition?
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:10 am

papacueball wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. What about entering mod q and mod sq in the same competition?
is o.k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mod q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod q opinion   Mod q opinion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod q opinion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next