Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Vote_lcapfinals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Voting_barfinals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Vote_lcapfinals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Voting_barfinals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive stereo silence build 80inches kyle finals chef record 2010 louisiana dollar records broken quad state crank Audiopipe contest world disc songs crzyblondgrl pics globe Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

points curve or non-curve for Finals

Go down 
+8
jkrob21
Jan Bennett
montyj
dlechner
jayhawkblk
sqmustang
Crush
jsketoe
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Empty
PostSubject: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:07 am

I'll be glad when we get the competitor numbers back up so that folks can't sit out all year then show up to Finals to compete in their normal class. IMO, if you are in a region that has SQ shows...you should get close to the points requirement if not all of it. If you are somewhere there wasn't a show within 4 hours or so, I can understand a curve. If there have been shows and you have been present and judged/competed you should have no issue getting your points.
I just know of a situation where a couple of possible crossovers from other orgs were told that they had to have an active membership (which I agree) and if they haven't done any shows they had to be in Expert at Finals.

Just wanted to vent. This is part of the reason there isn't a big SQ turnout is that many sit and wait until Finals. Also, I understand why some seasoned guys with good cars don't want to come out unless there is a good judge. The competitor side of me totally understands that. Why tune to end for someone that can't hear the guy fart in front of him. afro
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 am

ah the old catch 22
one side - that bastard hasn't shown all year!
the other - how does usac fill the hall?
the biggest problem is that finals sq section gets smaller every year and it really upsets me, but on the other hand if usac doesn't have a point goal then nobody shows up to local shows because they know they will go to finals anyway.
i started a thread " dead horse " that you should enter this concern on so that maybe we all can come up with a solution.
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:40 pm

I would like to respond to this for a moment. As many of you know, I reside in colorado. There are zero SQ shows out here and zero SQ shows in our region period! It is very difficult for those of us that not only live in colorado but our region to accumulate any points whatsoever. We also have some of the biggest markets to exploit such as Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas etc. Yet there has not been a SQ show in years. Despite this I have driven to the dakotas, kansas, oklahoma and texas in the past. This season I traveled to Kansas for a triple point event that was 8 hours away and I took first but you know what the funny thing was? I wasnt even judged!! I drove 8 hours for nothing in my opinion but to recieve a trophy. This happened to me in South Dakota the year before as well except that show was 12 hours away!! hmm. What does that say? I try and go to shows and I get along with everyone really well, those of you that know me. I am just trying to defend those of us that are in my region and state. So before you pass judgment on us, please understand the circumstances before you express your opinion. I am just being as honest as I would want in return. Hey I love going to shows and having my car judged by the best ears in the world unfortuanetly this hasnt happened except for finals. Rest assured I will be there in Nebraska come november. All I ask is that know one have any hard feelings towards those of us that can not fullfill the full point requirements. Talk to Ya guys and gals (JAN) soon. Best of luck to my focal teammates this year Jan, Chris, Roland, Muhammad and so on. See Ya In Nebraska!!
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:41 pm

No one is passing judgement on you he is refering to those that live in states that have sq events or events that are no further than 4hrs away. I wish I could have been at the KS show with you maybe you would have been judged but since I am a single dad now it is hard finding the time to build a car, entertain the kids, and make events. I will try my best to hit as many shows before finals so that I will have enough points or close to enough points to make it. I made one event but that car is wrecked and gone and I have to start all over again. But rest assure no one will be attacking you. You made the effort.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:26 am

yeah...ya'll read what I said closer. It's not your situation I'm after...but I addressed the judging situation in the last sentence as well. I don't think it is fair at all to not offer someone to be judged at a show. Now if it was offered, and the competitor said "no...I don't care"...he/she was given the option fairly.
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey John. You and I have been friends for several years. I hope you did not take my reply out of context. You and I have had several discussions as to the SQ area in my region. Maybe I should have said something more to the fact that if anyone happens to run across a competitor at finals and he/she arrived there without the full point requirements. Inquire about them ask them questions and such. I think thats all I was getting at. I have to admit I am losing a little bit of passion about our sport because of the distances I have to drive just to compete. On top of that not even being judged! Cmon now. That is alot of time and money being wasted on my behalf in my opinion. I wish I lived in texas or what not so I can compete on a regular basis and I think I could compete with the best in my division. Its just hard when you live here in Colorado and you dont even have the opportunity. I am just frustrated guys and for that I apologize. So in all John. I apologize if I came across wrong. You know I wouldnt intentionally be mean to anyone. By the way I have some new stuff going on in the mustang that I think you will like. Talk to guys soon.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 1:33 pm

sqmustang wrote:
Hey John. You and I have been friends for several years. I hope you did not take my reply out of context. You and I have had several discussions as to the SQ area in my region. Maybe I should have said something more to the fact that if anyone happens to run across a competitor at finals and he/she arrived there without the full point requirements. Inquire about them ask them questions and such. I think thats all I was getting at. I have to admit I am losing a little bit of passion about our sport because of the distances I have to drive just to compete. On top of that not even being judged! Cmon now. That is alot of time and money being wasted on my behalf in my opinion. I wish I lived in texas or what not so I can compete on a regular basis and I think I could compete with the best in my division. Its just hard when you live here in Colorado and you dont even have the opportunity. I am just frustrated guys and for that I apologize. So in all John. I apologize if I came across wrong. You know I wouldnt intentionally be mean to anyone. By the way I have some new stuff going on in the mustang that I think you will like. Talk to guys soon.

Yup, what he said. Myself and another fellow competitor tried getting shows going in the CO Springs/Denver area. Its just that we didn't get any support from the stores.

I DO know of at least 4 cars coming from our area to finals this year. Yours, mine, a certain Audi and a Scion TC. We are all willing to continue to support our passion.

Why don't we all get together sometime and go over everyones cars. None of us (IIRC) are in the same class. Maybe we could even get a certain Silver RSX to come out and play. Contact me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 pm

So where are all the sq shows and competitors at? There was the one show in KS cuz it was a regional and the one in KC by the airport. Are we just in the wrong areas (KS,CO,WY esc) How can this change. I have no sq guys around me everyone wants spl. So I am prob not going to make finals cuz I will not have the points and there are a few shows with in 4hrs of me but I cant travel so you all have a good time and rep sq strong
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 pm

jayhawkblk wrote:
So where are all the sq shows and competitors at? There was the one show in KS cuz it was a regional and the one in KC by the airport. Are we just in the wrong areas (KS,CO,WY esc) How can this change. I have no sq guys around me everyone wants spl. So I am prob not going to make finals cuz I will not have the points and there are a few shows with in 4hrs of me but I cant travel so you all have a good time and rep sq strong

Contact Ralph and talk to him about it before you give up.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:57 pm

I will do that but it all ties back to the purpose of the thread. People that are at finals that did not go to shows seems a bit unfair for me to do that but I will get Ralphs input before I completely rule it out.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 pm

what is unfair is not having a full class of competitors. the reason for a point goal is to weed out systems that don't quick have it and most important is trying to get more competitors at each show (oh-yea and usac to make money).

bottom line if you are a competitor then compete to win and if you lose try harder for the next show. it doesn't matter how many points the other guy has as long as he is in the same class then the competitor that has been to more shows will have more experience with their install and do a better job on the presentation and will have tuned the car longer so it should sound better. the guy who shows up to finals for his first show will most likely have something go wrong that will cost him points just because the bugs are not worked out yet.

bottom line don't let things get you down....a winner doesn't always take first place(cheesy huh)
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:53 pm

jayhawkblk...go to Finals...you deserve to be there.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:20 am

Well Ralph has sent it to the rules and ethics committee. So we will see what happens
Back to top Go down
montyj
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
montyj

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 pm

If the judge can't hear the guy fart, can he smell it? Is the judge trained to smell it? If the guy farts enough can he make it to finals?

Sorry, thought that was funny. I don't have all the answers either, but it is simple. The more sq guys that compete at local shows and regionals; the more interest you create the more competetors that show up. Keep going to shows and you will keep the numbers up. Give up and the sq side will deminish.
Back to top Go down
http://performanceaudiotexas.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 3:55 pm

yup...what Monty said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:39 am

They still have sq? lol jk guys easy.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:24 am

What I've never understood is spending all this time and money to build a car and only go to one or two shows a year...seems like a super waste of money if you ask me.

Not to mention it's part of what has killed the manufacturers interest in sponsoring people. They spend all this money to get product to people who say they will compete and will show their product only to find out that they made one, maybe two shows with their car and the manufacturers product. Just doesn't make sense.

I try to put myself in their shoes...it really puts things into perspective then. I really think that if more people would do that (look it these things through another set of eyes) they would realize that. However, that requires thinking outside of yourself...which I understand is hard for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:54 pm

Jan is a little more straight forward than I would've been...but yes, she's right. We need to support those that support us. Run product that supports our sport too. You'll hear this resounding statement more from me in print in the future. LOL. I understand work/family/ and budget restraints on doing a lot of shows. But at least try to do 4-5 per year. At least.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

lol - of course I am John...it's just the way I am. I've found that when I'm not straight forward, people don't hear/understand me.

So, this is my solution.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:50 pm

I did about 10 shows last year. I would have repeated that or tried to do even more this year but the rebuild has taken entirely too long. I fear I may not make it to finals this year because of points. I am trying my butt off though. I know I could have taken another one of our vehicles to a show or two but I just don't feel right chaulking up points with any other than my truck. I hope to be finished within a couple of weeks and will try my best to make some shows that are perhaps a bit more of a drive.

If I don't make it good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
csuflyboy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Writing on behalf of those in Colorado, and other areas where the distance to shows is too far...

First, I built my system for ME. Magazines and girls bent over my hood all comes at a distant 2nd. It's all about the music. I got into competition to better my install, learn from others about tuning, etc. Essentially, it's where the "best of the best" are!

Manufacturers pulled back their budget for sponsorship because the shows the competitors were competing in weren't getting any publicity, and thus they didn't see any return on their investment. There is no such free thing as a free lunch, and I've spent FAR more on getting to the show than the cost of any equipment I may have received. The market has shifted. Look at where "kids" are spending their money...lights, drifting, body kits, rims, etc. The "system" has been replaced by countless monitors to play x-box, and some supporting coaxials and subs that rattle the windows.

It's a multi-faced problem. The biggest reason I see is the "myths of car audio" were more popular than the facts, and the hard-earned money spent on equipment didn't perform as advertised. I'm getting off track...

The Air Force doesn't allow me the time off to drive to shows that I would like to compete in. 5 hours one way IS still too far, especially for a show that I might be the only competitor in my class. I'm sure you all know, but add up fuel, hotel, entry fees, food, and let's not forget TIME! I realize there's a military waiver, but if I wasn't in the USAF, I would still like to compete at Finals - points or not...

I look at it from the perspective that I want the greatest challenge and invite any/all SQ cars to compete that are willing to make the trip to Omaha. To further limit this sport by denying those vehicles that didn't make the points is ridiculous. Where's the challenge and reward for beating an empty class? "Here's my $, can I have my trophy and go home now???"

If you've been fortunate enough to be able to go to numerous shows, you should know "how to compete" more than those that couldn't. It's a strong advantage, and you should feel more confident with a seasoned car being presented by a seasoned competitor...

Cheers,
Matt
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:08 pm

I believe anyone who wants to compete at finals....should. Buy your points....do whatever is necessary. The more SQ cars at finals, the better. Competition breeds better competitors.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
I believe anyone who wants to compete at finals....should. Buy your points....do whatever is necessary. The more SQ cars at finals, the better. Competition breeds better competitors.

Believe me, not everyone at USACI feels the same as yous guys. Please, if at all possible, call USACI and talk to Ralph and ask him where we stand. I try to call, but for some reason, he isn't there. I too live in Colorado and due to major events (that I don't need to get into) this summer I didn't get to compete in any shows. This would be my 4th year competing and supporting car audio and USACI at finals. I would LOVE to come hang out with my friends and teammates.

I have spoke with Ralph about the possibility of a "buy in". I just need to get a hold of him to verify that this is the case.

Chris, thanks for the support! Matt, thanks for the e-mail Wink !
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:56 pm

All I can say is if you want to go to finals....then pick up the phone and call Ralph or Darvill. Hint....Hint....Hint.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Thanks Chris,

I was told that Ralph won't be back until Monday. I have also sent him an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:02 pm

Ill throw in a good word for you as well D just hang in there you'll make it to finals... So go easy on me this year dammit. At least i believe you were the one that toasted me for BOS.... Anyway i believe you guys should be able to buy points i would vote yes to this.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks Jim! And yeah, I am willing to give you another try! Razz

You just made my day, bro! Thanks for the support!
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:49 am

If the whole points thing doesn't pan out, Expert is an open class and a viable option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:01 am

txcomp wrote:
If the whole points thing doesn't pan out, Expert is an open class and a viable option.

Hmmmmmmm.......

affraid
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm

heck yeah.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: points curve or non-curve for Finals   finals - points curve or non-curve for Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

points curve or non-curve for Finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next