Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Vote_lcapfinals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Voting_barfinals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Vote_lcapfinals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Voting_barfinals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state stereo drive chef broken quad record silence pics disc 2010 build contest records songs finals globe world crzyblondgrl crank kyle dollar Audiopipe louisiana Johncarr 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS

Go down 
+25
USACGC
SpeakerBox
2loudcrew
Stingraysevenout
TeamSpead-Kenny
Nick
Canaan
jsketoe
Alan
sanman
lowdime
Aldo
chrisfish
daddy_j
scionsoloxb
hunterw
beatnoutdaframe
2003f150
iowan
Team Big'Un
BBGIC
rd s10
supadave
SQcrewcab
The_Rowlands
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

THOUGHT THERE WAS GOIN TO BE POSTED AFTER CES , DONT KNOW IF I MISSED THE POST OR NOT , SO FINALS IS ????
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Those were the dates they had available. I have had shows before that fell on FINALS, less the 4 hours from my event. I sent a skeleton crew and had over 20 people show up for the show. Sometimes we can not help where the shows fall during Finals.

We have worked hard on getting what we have gotten so far and have a meeting set up for May 7th to hopefully finalize it.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:49 pm

SQcrewcab wrote:
Maybe he could use that $$$$ to be a sponsor at finals? Just an Idea..
And then how would he recoop his money? he wouldnt be able to draw money from car show entries that he was putting on if was sponsoring finals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ScrapinTheCoast.com
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:54 pm

ShowB wrote:
Those were the dates they had available. I have had shows before that fell on FINALS, less the 4 hours from my event. I sent a skeleton crew and had over 20 people show up for the show. Sometimes we can not help where the shows fall during Finals.

We have worked hard on getting what we have gotten so far and have a meeting set up for May 7th to hopefully finalize it.

If it were a single point then maybe it wouldnt be a big deal. But the man spent good money on a triple point to draw more people to his event. Why should he even worry about it being a sanctioning event now if he knows that all USAC members are going to be going to finals less than 3 hrs away?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I am sorry Greg maybe you can move his date before or after Finals. We did not intentionally pick these dates or location to anyway hurt your event or the event promoter/shop.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 pm

His date has been set since October of last year and has been the same weekend every year. He has already handed out almost 10 thousand flyers! Kind of late!
What would be wrong with maybe moving the date to mid November? Finals has been in November Many of times. Looking at the Shreveports calender of events November has several weeks open.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:12 pm

USACGC wrote:
His date has been set since October of last year and has been the same weekend every year. He has already handed out almost 10 thousand flyers! Kind of late!
What would be wrong with maybe moving the date to mid November? Finals has been in November Many of times. Looking at the Shreveports calender of events November has several weeks open.

If we can move to mid November we will also give the guys from another org a chance at our finals. Having our finals the same weekend or weekend after another org is just not helping at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Like I said I will see what I can do, my meeting isn't till May 7th which is almost 3 weeks away. I can't do anything now but when I am sitting face to face with them I will ask. I did however ask about November and they said ALOT of stuff is on the books that you can not see on their website. Maybe held for events that haven't come thru yet, like ours!

Don't freak out yet NOTHING is set in stone until May 7th.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:30 pm

see still aot of crying the shop that scheduled the show need to understand that the amount of people showing up to finals is alot more than his show because its world finals I mean how many people were going to show up anyways do you have an acurate number of competitors that were going to off the top of your head??????

y cant he do his show 1 week prior to or even better yet after finals its in the same month, and even time frame.

is he the one making a big deal of this or is it just you the director????????? because this seems to be personal with you by the choise of words you have been typing to me??????
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Jenissa keep up the good work I didn't see anyone trying to help you book Finals, now thats almost set you have a director that wants to "Female dog" sounds like he something personal with you.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:10 pm

sanman wrote:
see still aot of crying the shop that scheduled the show need to understand that the amount of people showing up to finals is alot more than his show because its world finals I mean how many people were going to show up anyways do you have an acurate number of competitors that were going to off the top of your head??????

y cant he do his show 1 week prior to or even better yet after finals its in the same month, and even time frame.

is he the one making a big deal of this or is it just you the director????????? because this seems to be personal with you by the choise of words you have been typing to me??????

OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ WHAT I SAID!!!!!

1.) It is a car show, Not a shop.
2.) He has already handed out over 10 THOUSAND flyers with the date on them since October of last year!
3.) He paid to have USAC put on a 3x point event which is suppose to help his event. And then USAC wants to put World Finals on the same weekend in his back yard??
4.) What would be the point in him spending the money to host a 3x point event if no competitors would show up because they would be at finals?

DID I MENTION HE HAS ALREADY HANDED OUT OVER 10 THOUSAND FLYERS??!!!!
How many flyers has been handed out for World Finals?? Bet I know the answer!!! 0

Personally I could give a Dung Pile less. But I will bet the promoter of that show will have something to say and probably want a refund as soon as he hears about it.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Team Big'Un wrote:
Jenissa keep up the good work I didn't see anyone trying to help you book Finals, now thats almost set you have a director that wants to "Female dog" sounds like he something personal with you.

You sir know absolutly NOTHING!!! LOL!

I am looking out for the interest of a customer who spent good $$$ to have USAC host a 3x point event. Maybe if everything wasnt such a big SECRET, I could have put my 2 cents in before they went and tried to lock down a date that was already taken!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:59 pm

well i hate to say it but finals will be put on and the show your talking about will suffer unless you flex a little bit like it or not thats your issue wich i dont care either way, but remember what i said finals will happen regaurdless of the show your speaking of and if its the same weekend then eat the money that has beenspent since you dont wanna flex for it good luck homie
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

sanman wrote:
well i hate to say it but finals will be put on and the show your talking about will suffer unless you flex a little bit like it or not thats your issue wich i dont care either way, but remember what i said finals will happen regaurdless of the show your speaking of and if its the same weekend then eat the money that has beenspent since you dont wanna flex for it good luck homie

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Spitting, Flexin, Spitting,

WHAT?

Suffering Sukatash! What did you just try to say???
LOL!
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

i know big daddys pawn around here hand outs fliers and even does tv ads.. same amount of ppl show up EVERY time.. that consists of Team Sweep, Mike Wallace, Ace Freely, Supa, Steven Mason, and a very few locals..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

what i said is go wipe your pussy and quit fornicating crying and do something as a director to make this happen for both events or is it that you dont have the ability to please more than 1 at a time
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Been reading this for a while now, and I'm happy that we have a tentative date and location for finals this year, even though it is not set in stone yet.
Pat on the back to the ones that put the work in to get it this far this year, and I mean no disrespect by my next few statements but...

Why stop. Right now, we should be working to lock down Finals for next year. If we were ahead of the game, we could avoid conflicts like the one that is going on in the earlier posts. Shreveport this year? o.k, no problem. I'm a competitor and will go whereever finals is, but with that distance, I will only be bringing one ride, if this were setup last November, I could have planned better, and brought both. That would mean one more car at finals. If we want Finals to be big, we have to plan it big, not at the last minute.
Back to top Go down
USACGC
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 pm

nebrsq wrote:
Been reading this for a while now, and I'm happy that we have a tentative date and location for finals this year, even though it is not set in stone yet.
Pat on the back to the ones that put the work in to get it this far this year, and I mean no disrespect by my next few statements but...

Why stop. Right now, we should be working to lock down Finals for next year. If we were ahead of the game, we could avoid conflicts like the one that is going on in the earlier posts. Shreveport this year? o.k, no problem. I'm a competitor and will go whereever finals is, but with that distance, I will only be bringing one ride, if this were setup last November, I could have planned better, and brought both. That would mean one more car at finals. If we want Finals to be big, we have to plan it big, not at the last minute.

Amen! Maybe if finals was well more thought out and booked already for next year then maybe directors could work their schedule around finals instead of having this problem.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:45 pm

USACGC wrote:
USACI wrote:
USACGC wrote:
Ummmm....... Oct 22-24th??? Did you not look at the events schedule to make sure there was nothing else going on? Because I have a 3x point show scheduled for that weekend in Jennings, La!!

If we go to Shreveport that is the ONLY DATE they have available. If not then we are looking at Kentucky or Indiana. Or, we can always move it to Ohio.

We always look at the event list to try and keep conflicts down. That said, on an event like WORLD FINALS that includes hundreds of hours just to set up we are not always able to dictate to the venue the dates we want. If we decide to finalize this date and location we will contact you about options
That would not be really fair to the promoter of the show that paid us to do a 3x point at his event. I mean really, how many people would show up for the triple point (that this man spent good money on to draw more people to his show) when you have finals less than 3 hrs away? NONE! So this man would basically be throwing his money down the drain and would have a bad taste in his mouth about spending so much money and no one showed up because the organization decided to book finals dead on top of his event. I could see maybe if finals was 10-11 hrs away becasue not everyone would or could afford to drive that distance, but 200 miles away???? This just is not right!

Ok, from now forward no USACI events larger than 1X from October 1 to November 21 ANYWHERE in the USA as this is now deemend Finals buffer months and we can ill afford to cancel or move finals around local events. We all know finals is this time of year and should avoid it, not vice versa.

As for the Triple, we move the date we take finals out of your region. It is not a choice as the date we have is the only one available. Finals in your home state has a HUGE impact on attendance at events as many more locals want points to attend and that translates into way bigger shows for the local director.

If however your retailer and you insist we move then let me kwow and we will see what can be done.

PS: My cell phone and not the forums is where this conversation should have been held.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

I hate to ask a dealer to move his event if it can be avoided. That said, a parking lot show is a LOT EASIER to move or re-schedule than finals. You do not have to worek around building rental availablilty and all of the other things involved in finals.

And the retailer is not out anything except moving his date. Given it is only April and there is over six months advanced notice, it is not like we waited until september to put this out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

nebrsq wrote:

We agree too and are working on getting finals scheduled not only for this year but for upcoming years too. Once this is done, I, we will start working on the next year. As Ralph stated it is very hard to find a suitable location and dates to work with. We are trying very hard to keep Finals centralized for ALL Competitors as I posted earlier in this topic. We do not intend on making it hard on anyone or any other shows but have to get it when the Convention Center is available and do what is best for USACi as a whole.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm

USACI Directors, if you have an issue call my cell. DO NOT POST any more about this internal USACI issue on this public forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS   finals - DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DID I MISS LOCATION OF FINALS
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5