Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Major sub Problems Vote_lcapMajor sub Problems Voting_barMajor sub Problems Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Major sub Problems Vote_lcapMajor sub Problems Voting_barMajor sub Problems Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef drive kyle Johncarr quad broken crzyblondgrl disc records globe 80inches world contest louisiana state 2010 record silence songs crank Audiopipe finals stereo dollar pics build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Major sub Problems

Go down 
+10
shadescustomtint
Navi
robcold
Alarm God
SQcrewcab
supadave
george szawan
210fordracing21
sanman
coming~4~U~2010
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:38 pm

ok heres the deal i was getting 4 ddz's 18's BUT i was incontact with them and trying to place the order and they dont have any parts and were "hundreds of days out"!! i couldnt belive it. i was fumming mad after i was told two weeks when i called to try and place the order they had 3 motors and could do some rite away and will work on the 4th. they said will get back to me, so after leaving a couple of phone calls with no responce i got some one on the phone today and was told the news about they had nothing and the hundred's of days!!. i am pissed!!! So next i call IA Audio and spoke to nick he was very up front and said they didnt have anything ether but i could get subs first week in april from him. i can work with that if it comes down to it. so i need all your guys input on what to do? do i get somthing real cheap and wait for the z's i have a good budget ready to spend but i dont want to regret a purchase now and be like i should have waited for dd, i cannot belive this i got a new ride ready to pound and cant get any subs. ERRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

wow seems to be an on going trend where companies take the money, and dont send or be truthfull about the product. Atleast IA was straight up
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
Above Average Contributor
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm

I love DD but that is very sad to hear!
Back to top Go down
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:56 pm

yea this sucks the big one
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 pm

just take your time on the purchase and hopefully u don`t spend the money before u can get the DD`s good luck on picking a new sub company to go with
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

dude ill tell ya RD is by far thebest I have ever used, but you just dont have a clue when you will get the Dung Pile in thats the only downfall to it
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Jeff couldn't be more right but I tell ya what I do is I check out forums for sale sections. An find those motors or old subs for sale for a good price. Hell I got my first pair of RDs from John Payton about two years ago an all I do is get recone's from steve in the config I need.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Dung Pile i been waiting on one of them since oct man i dont have excuses for this anymoreive always been a straight shooter, and always will be
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:10 pm

maybe start looking at RE or some other company there are a alot out there
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm

steve from RD has always been good in getting u what u want but the time before it`s in your hands is something else
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 pm

a little off topic what glue do u guys use to glue down the spider and surround when u recone
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 pm

g if you need 18 i will let u try my RD out to see how u like them just have to recone them
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Give Nick @ IA a try. He is a straight up guy, Gets products out when he tells you they will go out, Comes to finals to support his product users, has bad ass T shirts..lol
I would still love to see a Warden vs DD Z drop in test.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:11 pm

ive never ran there subs, but I did quite well with there amps for sure

they just favored some more than others.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 pm

not sure if you wanna go this route but I have been hearing that sound digital has there sub line out now as well, and that Craig has switched from the ddz to the new sd neo motor sub, and from what I hear he has gained off of them so there is an alternative out there for you, and its suppose to be significantly cheaper
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 pm

There is also dc soundlabs. Rusty seems to be a straight up guy as well.
Back to top Go down
robcold
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robcold

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:48 pm

guess Brandon got them all. LOL
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Rob your not supposed to tell anyone! Damn now my secret is out....................
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 am

If I were you Id buy these last two 21's I have and recone them to 18s after Nick can get you the other ones in April.

/shameless plug

Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 am

I can say that when we would break a usamp We could send it in and have it back in 2.5 to 3 weeks, most of the time sooner because we would overnight them. I will tell you that Pete Daley is the best Rep Ive ever dealt with and is also a great friend.The RE subs we had in our van where in there for a year and we reconed them right before finals. The Product is not to go unoticed thats for sure
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 am

well ill tell ya thats awsome, but cody and th shop he is at carries RE and I went in there one day talking to him playing around with a 15" RE SX. I started looking at the sub, and messing around with it like I always do with subs to check them out, and when I applied pressure on the underside of the surround you could litteraly hear the surround pealing off the basket now this is something that made me say WTF because they were new subs and thats pretty poor manufufacturing I mean think of someone beating that sub dailey the surround will peal off the basket and not last very long. Is it a simple fix yeah, but is that the point of my story nah.

goes to show great product bad service/great service bad product production. so wich side of the double edged sword would you like to live on?????????????
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:25 pm

the glue question i use goop on my recone's an never have an issue with anything coming apart later on. even after finals when i was pushing about 2k or beter to my alpha's on a streetbeat run they held up damn good an still or in tip top shape.
but onto what navi is saying man buy those warden's off him get you some 18's baskets from someone for a good price an get your recones. i tell ya its cheap an easy way to get a different size sub, i have an extra alpha motor in the closet now i am thinking abou doing a 10 if i get a basket for it an a recone i tell ya i love it that way. cause i love rd alpha's anyway.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 pm

There is always that exception like I say we've had great luck with the product but the next guy may hate it it's all about opinions man, at least with a company that you have a good relationship with u can tell em bout it and get it fixed and move on with new product that you can get with re it never was an issue gettn product is all I'm saying.You could pick up the phone and someone on the other end answered and took ur order lmao
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

the glue question

there was no question these werent recones these were new subs lol dork
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm

sanman wrote:
well ill tell ya thats awsome, but cody and th shop he is at carries RE and I went in there one day talking to him playing around with a 15" RE SX. I started looking at the sub, and messing around with it like I always do with subs to check them out, and when I applied pressure on the underside of the surround you could litteraly hear the surround pealing off the basket now this is something that made me say WTF because they were new subs and thats pretty poor manufufacturing I mean think of someone beating that sub dailey the surround will peal off the basket and not last very long. Is it a simple fix yeah, but is that the point of my story nah.

goes to show great product bad service/great service bad product production. so wich side of the double edged sword would you like to live on?????????????

Not a big fan of re either...I ran them so did my crew...ran them daily as well. All our subs (4 sets) were all eventually dead by the end of the season...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

lol well when you street beat subs on a dailey basis and think hey will last a season burping them as well well you probly need a differant hobby because there is a learning curve for you on this one lol

you can not do this you need 2 sets of subs or a totally differant loaded box to roll around and impress the teenagers hangin on the curve homie since thats all its good for anyways lol.

you kill the suspension running them dailey as well as kill the coils due to distortion ran through them listening to all the Cow poopy most like to listen to now a days
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:38 pm

now lets talk about heat thats builds up after hours upon hours of extended play on them
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 am

true....we did abuse em lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:32 am

I have liquid cooled magnets!
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I have said it probably a hundred times before and some people will argue but RE circa 2004ish was ten times better product and overall company that it is now.
When MT's first came out it was a challenge to break one, which i think Estes get credit for one of the first (imagine that Smile ) The last ones I had were fragile to put it nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Major sub Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major sub Problems   Major sub Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major sub Problems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next