Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Street Beat Rule Question Vote_lcapStreet Beat Rule Question Voting_barStreet Beat Rule Question Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Street Beat Rule Question Vote_lcapStreet Beat Rule Question Voting_barStreet Beat Rule Question Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record globe records Audiopipe state disc drive 2010 songs pics crank quad broken chef 80inches finals crzyblondgrl stereo louisiana dollar build contest Johncarr world kyle silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Street Beat Rule Question

Go down 
+2
RXZILLA
Alarm God
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Street Beat Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Quoted from the Street Beat rules page on www.soundoff.org:
* INTERIOR MODIFICATION LIMITS: No constructed enclosure or speaker placement that may manipulate the SPL sensor may be placed forward of the "B" pillar and will be considered reason to reclassify the vehicle to the Port Wars or Super Port Wars divisions or disqualification. This decision will be at the discretion of the head judge. Factory or factory replacement front seats must be installed in the vehicle in factory locations. Must have the front bench or both front seats. No woofers larger than 8" inches may be forward of the "B" pillars.

Ok with that being stated I need to know if I used fiberglass instead of dynamat on the floorboard under the factory carpet could I still run in SB or would that disqualify the vehicle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I might need to look this up but in my opinion it does not say anything about modifications just manipulation of the mic. In regular SPL rules this would be considered a super mod vehicle but don't think so in SB.

This is something that needs to go to rules and ethics.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 pm

I have made a request to R&E as well, have not had a response yet.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
Above Average Contributor
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 pm

When a rule is in question, it goes back to the USACI SPL rulebook. In thus case this vehicle would be placed in SB5 or super port wars or super mod. This is considered mic manipulation.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 pm

RXZILLA wrote:
When a rule is in question, it goes back to the USACI SPL rulebook. In thus case this vehicle would be placed in SB5 or super port wars or super mod. This is considered mic manipulation.
You forgot supermod, and SB5 has the same rules as SB4. How would it manipulate the mic? There is no constructed enclosure or speakers that would manipulate the sensor.
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 pm

RXZILLA wrote:

Actually the rule applies to SB5 as well. I believe Rowlands removed overhead console prior to finals to not be disqualified/contested for SB5. Jeff please confirm.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 pm

If you applyed it to the side where the mic is, that is manipulation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm

This is tough, my first response was Super Mod or the Port Classes. Then after I 2nd guessed myself thinking maybe just lining the floor in SB would be ok according to the SB rules sheet in 2009.

Now thinking back on it any modifications done forward to the B Pillar would go back to my first response, only because 1/2 way thru the year it was judged by R&E that SB would fall under the SPL rules and there would not be a SB Rules sheet by itself any longer.

STILL TOUGH ONE TO CALL!

2010 RULES are anything not mentioned in SB portion will fall back to the SPL guidelines and any changes needed or questions should be brought to R&E Committee.
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks for your response Jenissa. It would be good to get definite answer on this.
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I THINK IT SHOULD BE LEGAL..... DONT SEE HOW ITS DIFFERENT THAN DYNOMAT
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 pm

YOU KNW ON SECOND THOUGHT JUST BUY SOME DB BLUE IT GOES ON LIKE FIBERGLASS AND WILL STIFFEN UP THE CAR AS WELL
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Dynamat is made to deaden and Fiberglass is made to strenthen.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 pm

ShowB wrote:
This is tough, my first response was Super Mod or the Port Classes. Then after I 2nd guessed myself thinking maybe just lining the floor in SB would be ok according to the SB rules sheet in 2009.

Now thinking back on it any modifications done forward to the B Pillar would go back to my first response, only because 1/2 way thru the year it was judged by R&E that SB would fall under the SPL rules and there would not be a SB Rules sheet by itself any longer.

STILL TOUGH ONE TO CALL!

2010 RULES are anything not mentioned in SB portion will fall back to the SPL guidelines and any changes needed or questions should be brought to R&E Committee.

WOW...so Supermod is what he should have been in. Look at that. Learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:08 am

Wow Rxzilla you are reaching on that aren't you. It does not state that a "supermod" as you would like to call it cannot be run in SB. Plus the question was asked strickly about streetbeat. Not what class would it be in. So STFU. If I wanted to know what class it would put it in I would have stated that not can this be done for SB.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:14 am

And dynamat is made to reduce vibrations, thus strengthing the area it is applied too. So how is that any different then fiberglass? Plus fiberglass will break underpressure where as dynamat will not.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 am

Alarm God wrote:
And dynamat is made to reduce vibrations, thus strengthing the area it is applied too. So how is that any different then fiberglass? Plus fiberglass will break underpressure where as dynamat will not.

can you build a box out of only dynamat? 'cause you can with glass. Thats a pretty big difference. with glass you extend your box forward. fiberglass is an enclosure building material. back to the rule. NO ENCLOSURE IN FRONT OF THE B PILLAR. so if I screw mdf to the floor board and claim it is not box, then it is legal?

really, you are just a small fish in sb5.

and yes roland did take his mdf headliner out after he asked if it was legal and was told it was not.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 am

Yes however it takes multiple layers to construct an enclosure out of fiberglass. I was asking about 1 layer. Plus it is not a constructed enclosure.
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 am

that would make u a supermod...... but what if u put a girl on the passanger side with the mic the rules say unmanned not unwomen..... what now Jenissa
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 am

rd s10 wrote:
that would make u a supermod...... but what if u put a girl on the passanger side with the mic the rules say unmanned not unwomen..... what now Jenissa
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am

Alarm God wrote:
Wow Rxzilla you are reaching on that aren't you. It does not state that a "supermod" as you would like to call it cannot be run in SB. Plus the question was asked strickly about streetbeat. Not what class would it be in. So STFU. If I wanted to know what class it would put it in I would have stated that not can this be done for SB.

The only one that is reaching is you and you shadey builds. You got away with this at finals, I wouldn't push it. That vehicle was to be placed in Supermod.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 am

rd s10 wrote:

you're a funny funny guy. how 'bout a five hundred pound fat chick that makes your truck lay frame? redefine ground and pound. lol
Back to top Go down
money_inc
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:39 am

someone forgot to check the floors at finals lol

LOL@ rd s10
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

as a mater of fact the judge checked my headliner for mods. He pulled on it, poked at it, and banged on the outside of my truck. Seems to me the floorboard would be more pertinent to spl manipulation. But hey man, the fact is that you are real freaking loud. If slipping one by at finals is how you want to prove it, thats cool.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

RXZILLA wrote:
Alarm God wrote:

The only one that is reaching is you and you shadey builds. You got away with this at finals, I wouldn't push it. That vehicle was to be placed in Supermod.

Well if that is the case then if you read the rules as they are stated in the outlaw rules:Stock/prostock:The floor, ceiling and dashboard
must be OEM or equivalent to include all fabrics, coverings and carpets. So no dynamat in this class.
Modified:The floor, ceiling and dashboard must be OEM. So no dynamat there either.
Supermod:The floor, ceiling and dashboard may be modified. So I guess everyone's vehicle should be in this class then. Because I dont know how many people do not have dynamat on their roof/floor. But according to the rules as they are written they can only be oem or equivalent replacements. That is why I even asked the question about it. So does that mean everyone now competes in supermod?
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 am

Alarm God wrote:
RXZILLA wrote:
Alarm God wrote:

Well if that is the case then if you read the rules as they are stated in the outlaw rules:Stock/prostock:The floor, ceiling and dashboard
must be OEM or equivalent to include all fabrics, coverings and carpets. So no dynamat in this class.
Modified:The floor, ceiling and dashboard must be OEM. So no dynamat there either.
Supermod:The floor, ceiling and dashboard may be modified. So I guess everyone's vehicle should be in this class then. Because I dont know how many people do not have dynamat on their roof/floor. But according to the rules as they are written they can only be oem or equivalent replacements. That is why I even asked the question about it. So does that mean everyone now competes in supermod?

Not everyone is in question, you assume they have this, YOUR VEHICLE WAS CAUGHT HAVING THIS AND WAS PLACED IN THE WRONG CLASS AT FINALS. If thats how you want to win, then what else can you do? The explorer should have been in Supermod as per the rules. Its how they are writen, not how you bend or twist them.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:10 am

For the record, back in 2000 Dynamat was questioned by another competitor, USACI found it that Dynamat was an approved marterial used and deemed legal by the R&E committy. Fiberglass and wood were deemed as illegal as they where construction material. Its just like an amp that gets and offical rating. The rule book does not state how many layers you can or cannot use. In another org, you can only use 2 layers.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:16 am

look here alarm guy. if your intention when you put the fiberglass in was for any reason other than higher spl, then you are retarded and wasting money. now, if you put the fiberglass to manipulate the spl then that makes more sense. if manipulating the spl was legal. Then either you are going to claim that you are retarded enough to put in fiberglass for no reason, or that you did in fact put that glass there strictly for the sole reason of manipulating the pressure. which one is it? you cant have your cake .....................
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 am

Taken from the 2009 USACI rulebook....

Any construction or speaker placement that may manipulate the SPL meter may be considered
reason to reclassify the vehicle to the Port Wars division or disqualification. This decision will be
at the discretion of the head judge.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am

RXZILLA wrote:
Not everyone is in question, you assume they have this, YOUR VEHICLE WAS CAUGHT HAVING THIS AND WAS PLACED IN THE WRONG CLASS AT FINALS. If thats how you want to win, then what else can you do? The explorer should have been in Supermod as per the rules. Its how they are writen, not how you bend or twist them.

How was it caught having this, and placed at the wrong class at finals?
Oh yea at a local show on 10/25/2009 3 weeks after finals, that has no affiliation with USACi or rule against it period. You are assuming that it was in place at finals. Which it was not. You need to rethink your approach on this. Has the vehicle competed at a USACi show since finals? Nope. That is why I even asked about it if it is deemed that it cannot be done, then that is that and it would be taken care of before it competes at a USACi show. So now RXZILLA STFU.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 am

Now your trying to back out. Thats funny. You have stated to me and others on 2 diffrent fourms and also in PM's that you did this at finals. Anything else you want to tell us to legitify your win?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Beat Rule Question   Street Beat Rule Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Beat Rule Question
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next