Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Best setup for a SUV Vote_lcapBest setup for a SUV Voting_barBest setup for a SUV Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Best setup for a SUV Vote_lcapBest setup for a SUV Voting_barBest setup for a SUV Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana world silence broken crzyblondgrl disc record Johncarr chef dollar 80inches Audiopipe 2010 records build globe finals state stereo drive pics songs quad kyle crank contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Best setup for a SUV

Go down 
+3
Skip01
Cablguy
StreetbeatExpedition
7 posters
AuthorMessage
StreetbeatExpedition
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
StreetbeatExpedition

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Best setup for a SUV Empty
PostSubject: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:29 am

what is the best setup for a SUV ? ive always been told to do subs up port back. what do you guys think ? the vehicle is a 2004 Ford Expedition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 am

subs and ports facing the back door worked best for my old 4-runner with 2 kicker l5 15s tuned to 40hz with 2 4" round ports ... find someone with a "box pro" program on their computer ... punch in your dementions of airspace and go from there ... hope this helps ... never worked with any crossfire stuff ... everything is different ...
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:41 am

How many subs?

In my explorer, 1 sub to 4 subs is all completely different firing postions.
Back to top Go down
StreetbeatExpedition
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
StreetbeatExpedition

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 pm

2 15's, should the box expand the width of the area ? currently my enclosure is 49in wide, subs facing up on passenger side, 4-4in ports on driver side facing back...my thoughts now are to have the ports across the bottom of the box and NOT on one side...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I have a 04' Expedition I play with also.

So far port firing back sub back with a TC OEM 10 on 600w tuned to 43hz.

Box against the back seat did a 140 burp and SB. I feel with more power I could get a 141-142 out of this.

Box about with port about 12 inches from back firing back was 141.2, I feel I could get a 142-144 out of this with more power.

2 x 15 in 5cu ft., Port back tuned to 36hz, subs firing up on 600w of power did a 143.5. If I had more power I know I could get a 145-147 out of this.

I tried a single 15 firing up port back in huge box tuned to 51hz and only did a 140db off 600w.

So far I have had good luck both way but moving the box back about 12inches off the rear hatch has made any where from a 1 to 2 db difference.

I saw move you box back and run it again. So far I have had better luck tuning lower, I have no clue why. I plan to try 46hz next with more power. I need to get about 2000w on tap after impedence rise to get what I want.

I am done on power with only being able to get 600w out of my amp due to impedance rise.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:51 pm

For me 2 subs in my Explorer the best is subs back port side.
Back to top Go down
biscuit
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
biscuit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm

subs up ports back..... im still tryin different things in my burb but subs up and to the back of the cab and ports facing back on the bottom of the box has yielded best results for me.... anyone else runnin a burb? i know the burbs got a bit more cab volume so we need to tune a lil lower....
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm

4 subs up large slot port back .lots of bats.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 am

just wall it off at the B pillar ... 4 18s ...
Back to top Go down
taz
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:31 pm

a couple of years ago we hade an explorer with 2 db drive wds with one mmats 3500 subs back slot ported center of box , did a low 150 , with two amps it did consitent 152s , box was heavy as hell double mdf with lots of work inside . was not the loudest but did hold its own all year , i think it was at 52hz . sounded great and that was a street beat score not a burp
Back to top Go down
biscuit
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
biscuit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm

taz wrote:
a couple of years ago we hade an explorer with 2 db drive wds with one mmats 3500 subs back slot ported center of box , did a low 150 , with two amps it did consitent 152s , box was heavy as hell double mdf with lots of work inside . was not the loudest but did hold its own all year , i think it was at 52hz . sounded great and that was a street beat score not a burp

exploreres are just loud anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best setup for a SUV   Best setup for a SUV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best setup for a SUV
Page 1 of 1