Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - Thought for Finals Vote_lcapfinals - Thought for Finals Voting_barfinals - Thought for Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - Thought for Finals Vote_lcapfinals - Thought for Finals Voting_barfinals - Thought for Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef contest kyle crank disc 80inches crzyblondgrl quad world Audiopipe records drive build dollar Johncarr stereo record globe finals louisiana silence pics broken songs 2010 state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Thought for Finals

Go down 
+25
taz
AceFrealy
ibbangin
Alan
la2lvtom
Team Big'Un
charlesestes
rd s10
supadave
bruce-bruce
Stingraysevenout
The_Rowlands
shadescustomtint
hunterw
sanman
Matt_Sibley
Twisted Image
KickerRex
Talonesi
scionsoloxb
Upzaw2000
TAMU
TECH114
BBGIC
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

finals - Thought for Finals Empty
PostSubject: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:19 pm

In place judging for SPL?

We build 5 carts and go car to car with the meter. No moving, and makes more room for parking indoors.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 pm

How are the judges going to verify the vehicle? Are they going from car to car? I like the current way and i think the spectators will too. I don't think they want to go from car to car to watch everyone compete..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 pm

no...................................good in theory but no.....................
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:47 pm

good idea but i dont think the crowd is going to follow the carts
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Upzaw2000 wrote:
good idea but i dont think the crowd is going to follow the carts
crowds??? oh you mean the ppl who are competing. big crowds are a thing in the past. i say make the carts. cheers
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:11 pm

sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:24 pm

i like the idea.. would speed things up as well..
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:26 pm

and I guess the crowds could follow the carts.. much like a golf match.. lol
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Lol ya
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:23 pm

i see an issue with verification as well. After your verified then you basically would have to seal the car so it would be legal, unless your going to do verification on a car to car basis right before you get the cart to them.

It could work, but I think like others have said it will remove the spectators, many of us have alot of equipment sitting around and it hasnt been an issue yet, but it may become a problem if everyone is right there by the cars.

Do what you need to do, as long as it is done to where cars are ran quickly and in a timely manner, and it can be done with cars being somewhat seperated from spectators it could work
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:51 pm

First of all I will list the positives:

• There could be a judging order/time schedule for each class to be judged
  • Judging could be completed on time so that we can all get out of the arena earlier than in past years
  • This would alleviate the problem of people waiting until the last minute to run
  • This would assure a verification judge is on site during metering and insure nothing changes after verification(this was a problem last year with people moving things after being corrected in verification)

Now I would like to list possible situations that must be thought out PRIOR to finals(not neccessarily negatives but things that should be considered):

• The same judge/judges will not verify each car in each class if 5 carts are moving around
  • How will the meters be networked to the main leaderboard so that other competitors know the scores to beat in their respective classes?(perhaps this facility has wireless networking available?)
  • How will re-runs be handled on day one and day two?
  • What will be the consequences of a competitor not being ready when their time slot arrives?
  • How will we determine the judging order in each class?
  • Can this order and answers to consequence of not being ready be put out prior to finals?

Given a time slot schedule for each competitor in each class competitors would be forced to arrive at finals prepared and ready to go. This would certainly force the show to be completed in a timely manner. What do you think about these ideas guys? What can you add to the list of things to consider if this were to happen. Lets keep it constructive. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:49 pm

trust me dont do the carts ralph its a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:08 pm

i want cart 3.... i know that mic is hot
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Upzaw2000 wrote:
funny you said that...2 years that was the case..lol. drunken
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Upzaw2000 wrote:

there ya go
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:12 pm

ill take this one!!!!...u dig.... finals - Thought for Finals Invisible-shopping-cart
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
First of all I will list the positives:

• There could be a judging order/time schedule for each class to be judged
  • Judging could be completed on time so that we can all get out of the arena earlier than in past years
  • This would alleviate the problem of people waiting until the last minute to run
  • This would assure a verification judge is on site during metering and insure nothing changes after verification(this was a problem last year with people moving things after being corrected in verification)

Now I would like to list possible situations that must be thought out PRIOR to finals(not neccessarily negatives but things that should be considered):

• The same judge/judges will not verify each car in each class if 5 carts are moving around
    Car would be verified when the cart arives. Same ver judge for every car on same meter.

• How will the meters be networked to the main leaderboard so that other competitors know the scores to beat in their respective classes?(perhaps this facility has wireless networking available?)
    wireless would be the only option. The carts would have extra monitors with results from that cart scrolling.

• How will re-runs be handled on day one and day two?
    Day two the carts would go to the cars again with the verification judge.

• What will be the consequences of a competitor not being ready when their time slot arrives?
    After 5 min - DQ. Have to pay re-run and get a new time slot.

• How will we determine the judging order in each class?
    As we are now, order of registration.

• Can this order and answers to consequence of not being ready be put out prior to finals?

The order will be listed as soon as the class assignments are made this week.

Given a time slot schedule for each competitor in each class competitors would be forced to arrive at finals prepared and ready to go. This would certainly force the show to be completed in a timely manner. What do you think about these ideas guys? What can you add to the list of things to consider if this were to happen. Lets keep it constructive. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 pm

whats the main issue here is it available space?
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:52 pm

will you also be handinf out free beer and corn dogs off of this fancy cart?
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Only if u use a shopping cart stolen from the night before, must b documented
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 am

Ralph,

I like it with the above answers you posted. It will certainly make things go faster. As long as people know their time slot and we adhere to the times like you say I think it will be good. Someone may want to test the wireless link before the event to make sure all carts can be linked and report back to the server/leaderboard.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 am

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:24 am

The only reason I could see any competitors opposed to this is the fact that they can't test/rebuild all day saturday and try to run at the last minute.

Do any of you guys have any other legitamate concerns other than this? Ralph's asking for feedback and everyone is just joking around. This is one of the few chances where you get to voice your opinion so speak up. As a judge I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:28 am

just nice to sit in 1 place and see the runs instead of chasing carts around all day..
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:38 am

But look on the bright side. You might actually be out of the arena by 6pm instead of 9 or 10 like in the past. You don't have to push vans around that weigh several tons. Competitors that don't have it together may just be out of luck. I like the addition of a time schedule, makes things more interesting. Its no longer just who's loudest, its who's the loudest and most prepared to compete. I think it adds an additional realm to USACi finals and will increase the excitement.

Ralph and I don't always agree but if executed properly I think this is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:01 am

I dont mind it much... My main thing would be all my crap laying around while "CROWD" is around then when done i turn around and CROWD AND MY SHHHIT is gone i might have a BREAKDOWN.... That is my only concern . Thank you and goodnight....

Thats the only bad thing besides VERIFICATION as long as it same hardasss as matt sibley im good if its a softy HELL NO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 am

Matt_Sibley wrote:
Ralph,

I like it with the above answers you posted. It will certainly make things go faster. As long as people know their time slot and we adhere to the times like you say I think it will be good. Someone may want to test the wireless link before the event to make sure all carts can be linked and report back to the server/leaderboard.

if they are using the same meter to test all the cars in one class, which they should be, then that would be kinda not entirely neccessary becuase they would have all the info right there on the comp already right?

sure the nice leaderboard somewhere is nice, but even if it doesnt work they should still be able to tell you the score to beat correct?

the only thing i dont like is im kinda messy and usually have crap scattered all over around my pit spot, lol, and also if i want to know or watch what my fellow competitors or teamate are doing it might get kinda hard trying to figure out where stufff is before hand or trying to be in 2-3 places at once, whereas with the lanes you can watch multiple people run at once and help your teamates out etc all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:07 am

Somewhat what i said. LOL

But chad isn't coming so he view is mute..... nudge nudge..
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 am

1 Concern, we have issues yr to yr keeping the termlabs up and running while they are stationary, Let alone moving them around.

2 Time spots dont make it more competitive, just means finals entry is a little more money, cause you will buy a re run if you dont like your time.

I like the idea and its great that we are looking at structure. 18v systems will be at a dis advantage if they have a early sat time.

I just see it being a nightmare if things are moving around. Its bad enough with them not, and people going and getting clarafications so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 am

Stingraysevenout wrote:
Somewhat what i said. LOL

But chad isn't coming so he view is mute..... nudge nudge..

i didnt come last year either and i still won right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Finals   finals - Thought for Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought for Finals
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next