Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_lcapClass for the average newbie - Page 2 Voting_barClass for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_lcapClass for the average newbie - Page 2 Voting_barClass for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe broken build record silence records louisiana contest crzyblondgrl drive crank quad pics songs globe 80inches kyle Johncarr 2010 world disc stereo chef state dollar finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Class for the average newbie

Go down 
+14
RFLfestiva
Tim Schaffer
zacdavis
El Jimador
lowdime
bassahaulic
aphinney
STREETBEATZ19
S.L.A.B.
robcold
slumpinhonda
Magoo
Alarm God
mschwitz
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you think a class for the average consumer newbie to get his feet wet for 1 or 2 years based on msrp of the subs and sub amp be a good thing for Usaci as a whole?
Yes
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
No
Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Do you think a class for the average consumer newbie to get his feet wet for 1 or 2 years based on msrp of the subs and sub amp be a good thing for Usaci as a whole?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tim Schaffer
Above Average Contributor
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:54 pm

here is a new guy class idea I did not vote but I will add this just for ideas.....msrp for a class will be very high even a small class with batt head unit subs amp wire 1000$+ just to get started.so here we go and this will keep them seperate from everything

two years total no crxs or s-10 extended cabs
power classes 0-500 one amp/0-1000 two amps
0-500=one batt/0-1000=two batts (800ci limit $400 max cost)
0-500=one run +/- 0-1000 two runs +/- total
0-500=4 subs max any size/0-1000=6 subs total any size
none of this 8,10 or 20 sub crap
one layer of sound deadener
one alt 14.7 max
all panels must be in/seats may be layed down or taken off of a trunk car that dont lay down (back rest only) no cutting on deck
b pillar rule stays and window line rule stays
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Tim Schaffer wrote:
here is a new guy class idea I did not vote but I will add this just for ideas.....msrp for a class will be very high even a small class with batt head unit subs amp wire 1000$+ just to get started.so here we go and this will keep them seperate from everything

two years total no crxs or s-10 extended cabs
power classes 0-500 one amp/0-1000 two amps
0-500=one batt/0-1000=two batts (800ci limit $400 max cost)
0-500=one run +/- 0-1000 two runs +/- total
0-500=4 subs max any size/0-1000=6 subs total any size
none of this 8,10 or 20 sub crap
one layer of sound deadener
one alt 14.7 max
all panels must be in/seats may be layed down or taken off of a trunk car that dont lay down (back rest only) no cutting on deck
b pillar rule stays and window line rule stays

I like it, but personally would change it to one run of wire in both (normal people don't do multiple runs and with the equipment it shouldn't be needed. And two subs in 0-500 and 4 in 0-1000. Other than that I like it. That's just my two cents though.

Also include all extended cabs, rangers and others work okay also and allow for the same battery placement. Or go back to everything must be in the cabin for mini trucks.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:04 pm

changed in other post do we need two class maybe 0-500/0-1000 to much changed to 0-250/0-500 but maybe we only need one like 0-500
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:09 pm

SB should be restructured to accomadate the newb. All what is needed is ONE class for people to test the waters in. The current stock class is suitable for all other competitors except using the rule of voltage making the difference in stock and pro
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:15 pm

To keep people from abusing the newb class there would be no Newb class in Finals but if they did make enough points through the year they could attend in SB2. The Street beat classes would need to be restructured as say with the MSRP idea, points idea or tims idea.

SB1 0-1000 or MSRP
SB2 0-1000 or MSRP
SB3 1001-2000 or MSRP
SB3 2001-3000 or MSRP
SB4 3001-4000 or MSRP
SB5 Unlimited
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:21 pm

S.L.A.B. wrote:
SB should be restructured to accomadate the newb. All what is needed is ONE class for people to test the waters in. The current stock class is suitable for all other competitors except using the rule of voltage making the difference in stock and pro
good point I will change to 0-500 for the (basic burp) LOL it will be easier to get one class in vs more than that but you do need one for finals thats the point for all of this yes most ppl can go to a local show a hit the normal class but the need to push a new class for new ppl at finals maybe only one but its a start..some of the ppl if they know no rexs or pre 93 s-10s they might keep at it and you can run trunks in it also and they will hang
Back to top Go down
RFLfestiva
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:46 pm

I don't post much anymore but what about newbee's backed by a team?
Back to top Go down
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am

I still don't understand what MSRP has to do with being new to spl competition. It almost seems like by saying newbie you mean a young kid or somebody that doesn't have as much money.

My first year out I got 2nd place in SS 301 to 900 and was up against atleast 6 other competitors including 4 "seasoned vets".

It wouldn't have been near as fun to beat a bunch of newbs with a system that has to be at a certain MSRP value or less.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 am

What about newbie getting their system professionally installed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:09 am

what about trying to build this up to like 10 friends each telling them about the comp getting them there showing them what yo can do in an application in your car and helping them get as close as they can in thier car. showing them what class they would be in in thier car and helping them you may get 1 or 2 people out of your ten but if we all did it and just got 1 person we just doubled the attendence and didnt have to change or revamp a thing
Back to top Go down
RichieRich
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
RichieRich

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 am

Imo. Every time I would go to local comps. the #'s are average 140-145 =db's. It doesn't cost much to do those #'s and more depending on vehicle. I really think Usaci should start a trunk class. I know alot of people that would bring it to the lanes.
Regionals and Final's imo is expensive-- very expensive.
I think if we really try and help more local's out it will benefit all.
For example- I had a friend that could'nt get loud in his mini truck. with a little help his $350 system went from 141 to a 148.9.
That was a kenwood 800 watt amp on 2---12 inch sony sub's. Nice # for local comps. So I think it's not a very expensive sport until you want to play against the big dawgs at big comps.
If they get hooked from local comps. A certain % will step to the next level.
So I say let's all try to help the newbie's win some trophies and
" They will come "
Back to top Go down
RichieRich
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
RichieRich

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:09 am

Magoo --you are rite on the point-------- let's help this org. grow !!
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 am

RFLfestiva wrote:
I don't post much anymore but what about newbee's backed by a team?

Quote :
El Jimador wrote:
What does MSRP have to do with being a newbie.
Both great questions,
Ya know I'm not sure that we ever could come up with a division that'd only be filled with true newbs.
No matter what we'll end up seeing people on teams and crossover guys with years of experience.

I guess my interpretation of the MSRP classes wouldn't necessarily be based on the new guy, but more of the not as serious guy. Even that doesnt really describe it very well. What I'm getting at is no matter how new you are to this org, regardless of your credentials, the level you compete at kinda shows the level of seriousness you have.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the guys in 0-600 watt classes arent as serious as the guys in unlimited wattage but I am saying it does take A LOT more money to run the bigger classes. That in a way is kinda what I'm saying, the guys who spend 5K and up on their system are usually pretty serious, regardless of how long they've been competing they're pretty well committed at that point.

The MSRP division would open up a different kind of competitor. He may or may not be a newbie, but one thing is for sure he will be assured that he will be able to afford to compete. He won't have to worry about buying the next $1500 cheater amp either.
I've seen some guys around here spend their money on the system and then only go to a select few shows because they can't afford to go to all of them.

Keeping a class limited by the retail value of the system will bring competitors out to more shows, that equals more entry fees.

There's a plethora of positive reasons for adding the MSRP classes.
The only one I've really seen so far is the shows will last longer?
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 am

Magoo wrote:
what about trying to build this up to like 10 friends each telling them about the comp getting them there showing them what yo can do in an application in your car and helping them get as close as they can in thier car. showing them what class they would be in in thier car and helping them you may get 1 or 2 people out of your ten but if we all did it and just got 1 person we just doubled the attendence and didnt have to change or revamp a thing

Hey thats a great idea! What if we had a system in place that where if ya get a certain amount of people to join USACi, you get somethin free, like a free USACi t-shirt or something, or any sort of incentive that motivates us to recruit new members.

Say, if you recruit 5 people in one season into USACi you get a few T-shirt. If you recruit 10 new members you get a free entry into world finals, or a plaque stating your a "USACi Gold member"...something, ya know?
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am

Larry offers $5 off for each new guy you bring to a show, up to 5 per show.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Zac that is an awsome idea
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:23 pm

There's a lot of no votes but nothing to say why this wouldn't be good for Usaci as a whole. Just why it would be hard to police. So the 13 no votes.....how would this not be good for Usaci or retailers?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:41 pm

lol mike people have voted and obviousely dont feel the need to explain why is that so hard to understand
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Because if they don't think it is good for Usaci, retailers, or manus I would like to know reasons why it wouldn't be good for any of them. I think people just vote no because they don't like the idea, not because it won't benifit those it is being worked on for.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:26 pm

We can't work past the problems or lack of benifits if we don't know why it isn't a good idea.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:09 pm

mybe you guy up north are a little slow I don know, but we keep saying we go through this every year, and well here we are a year later talking about the ame Dung Pile.

i can vote and not tell you anything that my right deal with it
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:09 pm

messs with me and ill go kevin ecker on your ass make a bunch of screen names and vote no to sway it my way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:39 pm

sanman wrote:
messs with me and ill go kevin ecker on your ass make a bunch of screen names and vote no to sway it my way Very Happy
affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class for the average newbie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2