Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Class for the average newbie Vote_lcapClass for the average newbie Voting_barClass for the average newbie Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Class for the average newbie Vote_lcapClass for the average newbie Voting_barClass for the average newbie Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 quad louisiana songs kyle globe Johncarr drive crank dollar disc pics crzyblondgrl state records broken contest stereo build record Audiopipe chef world 80inches finals silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Class for the average newbie

Go down 
+14
RFLfestiva
Tim Schaffer
zacdavis
El Jimador
lowdime
bassahaulic
aphinney
STREETBEATZ19
S.L.A.B.
robcold
slumpinhonda
Magoo
Alarm God
mschwitz
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think a class for the average consumer newbie to get his feet wet for 1 or 2 years based on msrp of the subs and sub amp be a good thing for Usaci as a whole?
Yes
Class for the average newbie Vote_lcap44%Class for the average newbie Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
No
Class for the average newbie Vote_lcap56%Class for the average newbie Vote_rcap
 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Class for the average newbie Empty
PostSubject: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 am

Do you think a class for the average consumer newbie to get his feet wet for 1 or 2 years based on msrp of the subs and sub amp be a good thing for Usaci as a whole?
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 am

As you vote please state why or why not this would be good or bad for Usaci. Please no fighting, just why or why not.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:55 am

I think it would be a good idea, because after going to finals and seeing the kind of numbers that were being put up would scare off a bunch of newbs. I think once they get going and enter and see that they stand a chance they will come back and try harder. Now will this be something that would be offered at the finals or 2x-3x shows as well? If so then do they move up if they win finals? Or do they get to try and uphold their win for the next year? Next question is their any amp or sub limits? What about batteries, how many? I know that I have a bunch of questions but, I would also like to see how the rules would be laid out as well?
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:56 am

i voted no not because I think it is a bad idea I just think that there is something better that can be done. I am not sure what but what if they instead of having a class called locals you called it newbie etc and allowed 2 yrs in that class. Keep it set up like local. that would be a simple fix. just my opinion
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:00 am

Good thoughts Magoo, thanks for instead of just saying it won't work....saying what might work better.

alarmgod.....no finals, yes 2x and 3x one "normal" battery in stock location, one run of wire. You know the stuff a typical "cheap" customer would do. I know there are enough shop owners and workers on here to come up with what would be considered the "average cheap system" You know the 16 old kid looking for some bumps with his McDonald pay check.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:02 am

mschwitz wrote:
Good thoughts Magoo, thanks for instead of just saying it won't work....saying what might work better.

alarmgod.....no finals, yes 2x and 3x one "normal" battery in stock location, one run of wire. You know the stuff a typical "cheap" customer would do. I know there are enough shop owners and workers on here to come up with what would be considered the "average cheap system" You know the 16 old kid looking for some bumps with his McDonald pay check.

when i was 16 i spent every ounce of my money on audio equipment and now that im 22 i still do LOL
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 am

Magoo wrote:
i voted no not because I think it is a bad idea I just think that there is something better that can be done. I am not sure what but what if they instead of having a class called locals you called it newbie etc and allowed 2 yrs in that class. Keep it set up like local. that would be a simple fix. just my opinion

Just a thought also, how about no moving up into regular classes if you want to compete as a newbie? If you run regular stock or pro stock at a show you stay up there and can't drop back down again. Yes it hurts a little that you aren't getting the extra $ at a show from them running multiple classes, but if you want to be a newbie you stay a newbie or if you decided to move up, you stay moved up. Keeps from having back and forth issues. Again just throwing more thoughts out there.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:06 am

slumpinhonda wrote:
mschwitz wrote:

when i was 16 i spent every ounce of my money on audio equipment and now that im 22 i still do LOL

Many of us did, many didn't and still don't. Should Usaci be for only the elite who can drop a ton of money or all of their money into the sport? Or should there be a way for the "average" guy to have a chance to enjoy this sport also and maybe get bit by the same bug that got us. Times are different, we need a different approach to bringing in new blood. The sport has gotten more expensive and the economy is on a down turn.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 am

mschwitz wrote:
slumpinhonda wrote:
mschwitz wrote:

Many of us did, many didn't and still don't. Should Usaci be for only the elite who can drop a ton of money or all of their money into the sport? Or should there be a way for the "average" guy to have a chance to enjoy this sport also and maybe get bit by the same bug that got us. Times are different, we need a different approach to bringing in new blood. The sport has gotten more expensive and the economy is on a down turn.

i agree with ya need something more affordable my brothers were wantin to try but they see how much ive spent and are like screw that............
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 am

Exactly
Back to top Go down
robcold
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robcold

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

I voted no a first year competitor should run in stock to get their feet wet . I have a friend that never competed we got him to go to a show and run his car and he walked away with a second place trophy. who said a newbie cant be competitive
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
Above Average Contributor
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:32 am

Redo the poll with options like MSRP, Career points and another idea
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:45 am

one year locals 2nd year stock 2-4 years hehe should be loud by then go pro.. thats my plan anywayz i spent thousands of dollars my first year which was this year... my dumb butt went in locals at finals should have went in stock tho..lol

the msrp idea is awesome i heard that was cool back in the day career points is a good idea but that will kick people into a pro level kinda fast but o well lol
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:38 pm

mschwitz wrote:
Magoo wrote:

Just a thought also, how about no moving up into regular classes if you want to compete as a newbie? If you run regular stock or pro stock at a show you stay up there and can't drop back down again. Yes it hurts a little that you aren't getting the extra $ at a show from them running multiple classes, but if you want to be a newbie you stay a newbie or if you decided to move up, you stay moved up. Keeps from having back and forth issues. Again just throwing more thoughts out there.

yes i agree
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 pm

you could even do a nebie class like this 2-10s vs 2-10s 2/12vs2/12 etc a newbie will find out how ez that is to win and move up allow them only 1year for that then go up to stock or even use the sqin classes 301-900 etc....
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 pm

slumpinhonda wrote:

damn...me too but i was 14 lol
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Magoo wrote:
you could even do a nebie class like this 2-10s vs 2-10s 2/12vs2/12 etc a newbie will find out how ez that is to win and move up allow them only 1year for that then go up to stock or even use the sqin classes 301-900 etc....

Very good ideas magoo. Keep them coming. Thanks for being productive.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:55 pm

this is Cow poopy i hate this lol sorry man I just had to it didnt seem like a usaci post without the bitching lol
Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:58 pm

slumpinhonda wrote:
mschwitz wrote:

I'm 16 and I couldn't fit into the "cheap" class lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/musicman1234
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:04 pm

i would also suggest that at your shows if you are running these classes take time away from yourself and your set ups and help the newbies out the swat team takes out alot of time at our shows to help the new guys out and we hold beatoffs fo free to get people into this side of car audio. Talk to Bill Gass for more info on that
Back to top Go down
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 pm

i think that i class like this would work, but i dont think that i would base the classes off of msrp. Because we all know that if the box is built right even a cheap sub and amp will kill a high dollar set up with a crappy box.
Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Have the following classes:

Walmart class

Best-Buy class

Circuit City class
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 pm

That's okay though. That starts to show the building side of it and progressing the newbie. Wood is cheap compared to the equipment. Lots of good ideas and positive thoughts. Let's keep this going.

I'm glad to hear some younger guys are doing well and have lots of money to drop on the sport. That is a honest response. Not everyone is in that boat and should have a chance to get into the sport. Hell I work at a shop and can barely afford this sport.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 pm

That's okay though. That starts to show the building side of it and progressing the newbie. Wood is cheap compared to the equipment. Lots of good ideas and positive thoughts. Let's keep this going.

I'm glad to hear some younger guys are doing well and have lots of money to drop on the sport. That is a honest response. Not everyone is in that boat and should have a chance to get into the sport. Hell I work at a shop and can barely afford this sport.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:28 pm

mschwitz wrote:

Not this youngster!! lol hahah I just love it alot, so I do alota work to get what i need.
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:29 pm

i like it mike
Back to top Go down
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:31 pm

I voted yes because I like the local classes they have and had at finals for newbies and I think we should keep them.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 pm

robcold wrote:
I voted no a first year competitor should run in stock to get their feet wet . I have a friend that never competed we got him to go to a show and run his car and he walked away with a second place trophy. who said a newbie cant be competitive
Holy crap thats a lot of DD subs in your avatar Robcold, who's are they?
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm not sure if this helps clear the ideas up for anyone, but I was at the ski hill with my family today (as I have been for the last week or so). We were on the bunny hill with my daughter and wife who are just learning and starting out in the sport. The hill is right at their level of experience. Occasionally more experienced riders come down to the bunny hill and start screwing around and building jumps and such. I ask them to leave and go back to the hills they belong on or ski patrol does the same thing. This kinda follows what we have been saying about vets in classes they don't belong in, having a "bunny hill" class for those just starting out and respect for the beginners and having a place appropriate for there skill level.

Copied and pasted from another thread because I feel it fits here also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class for the average newbie   Class for the average newbie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class for the average newbie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next