Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
port - Super Port Wars Vote_lcapport - Super Port Wars Voting_barport - Super Port Wars Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
port - Super Port Wars Vote_lcapport - Super Port Wars Voting_barport - Super Port Wars Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken silence records crank disc Audiopipe kyle state quad world drive stereo 80inches finals 2010 contest crzyblondgrl chef pics globe build record louisiana dollar songs Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Super Port Wars

Go down 
+8
ibbangin
The_Rowlands
TeamCobra1
aphinney
KimboSlice2
Stingraysevenout
sanman
BillGass
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BillGass
Above Average Contributor
BillGass

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-06-25

port - Super Port Wars Empty
PostSubject: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:55 am

When and why did this class ever get away from it's original intent?

Sorry to rant a little, but I don't understand why the 'catheter' boxes were ever allowed. Pluggin a hose into the microphone is not pressure, it's 100% mircophone manipulation. Not to mention it's not safe for the microphone.

That's my $0.02. What's yours?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:58 am

super port doesnt make sence at all to me either
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 pm

In this format it doesn't. Take the mic out of the globe and shove it in your port, that's fine, I just don't understand shoving a hose into the mic.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:31 pm

shoving the mic into any port can cause damage port wars makes more sence to me
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Them damn COONASSES started that cheatin Dung Pile with the tube and it went from there... I dont agree with it one bit.... Im with you bill. I say it was n't the original intent but ya never know
Back to top Go down
KimboSlice2
KimboSlice2

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Don't go Changing when Quad is Coming i brought up this point too.
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:33 pm

what are u talkin bout...lol u are a joke bud
Back to top Go down
KimboSlice2
KimboSlice2

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:07 pm

super port is just another class that shouldn't be at finals....someone gets a world championship that didn't earn it....
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I mean wow.... how hard is it to fire a few subs into a chamber and direct all the air flow to one spot....really you don't even need to use subs....a mid would do just fine
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:17 pm

i say who cares ,,,,,its super port...,,,, spw and pw are a wast of time , but nice to earn points in the year... .
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:34 pm

actually using a few ubs in an enclosure and firing them to a certain spot is exactly what we all do in outlaw period so thats not a good point, and I have seen some 6.5's beats the Dung Pile out of alot of peoiple when Dominik had them in his caddy back in the day so thats not really valid either.

if you attend finals, and beat someone using the same style of box or concept for super port wars well they earned it it wasnt just given to them

sorry Mickey i dont buy that argument at all
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm

spw with the tube is a waste of time no skill....
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:07 pm

read my post again and u will see that your arguing with yourself ....I never said u couldn't do spl with a mid....and I think super port is just an easy way to get around building a actual spl vehicle....

but hey thanks for the education on how a spl vehicle works....

if you go back and read your first two posts you will see that we are saying about the same thing
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 pm

ibbangin wrote:
spw with the tube is a waste of time no skill....

EXACTLY
Back to top Go down
thunderchicken
thunderchicken

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:18 am

i agree there should be no tubes. i agree with bill mic in the port ok. tube or hose in mic no.
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am

I support change in rules in port wars and Super port, even open to doing away with both divisions, but not until next competition season. We were able to compete all year long under current rules, so they should stand for finals, then do whatever you want. It already sucks that we have to run unmanned at finals, even though competed all year long with mic monkey.

As for damage to sensor using tube, I competed at 16 events in SPW this year and never damaged or altered reading of sensor. Darville and Jaffe can both confirm. I spend hours metering at home in outlaw spl, SB, port and super port and both my sensors are still same accuracy as when I first bought them.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 am

2loudcrew wrote:
I support change in rules in port wars and Super port, even open to doing away with both divisions, but not until next competition season. We were able to compete all year long under current rules, so they should stand for finals, then do whatever you want. It already sucks that we have to run unmanned at finals, even though competed all year long with mic monkey.

As for damage to sensor using tube, I competed at 16 events in SPW this year and never damaged or altered reading of sensor. Darville and Jaffe can both confirm. I spend hours metering at home in outlaw spl, SB, port and super port and both my sensors are still same accuracy as when I first bought them.

Yes Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 am

2loudcrew wrote:

I agree! A change is needed. Myself! I'm only competing in SPW. I have been out of audio for so many years that I couldn't compete like I use to, but at the same time I would like to go to world finals again as a competitor. To me the easiest "no brainer class" is SPW. My main reason is to get back into audio like I use to be and to see old friends. But I won't get heavy into it unless I stand a chance of winning something.

I hate to be the one to say this but! Car audio has become a competition of who has the most money and free time! Skill is important on getting a vehicle loud so don't get me wrong, but for the most part it's all about money and time. You can only get a vehicle so loud before you have to try a different vehicle. And to getting that vehicle loud costs alot of money in boxes, time and different equipment testing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Port Wars   port - Super Port Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Port Wars
Page 1 of 1