Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Define "sound quality" Vote_lcapDefine "sound quality" Voting_barDefine "sound quality" Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Define "sound quality" Vote_lcapDefine "sound quality" Voting_barDefine "sound quality" Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef dollar songs quad contest stereo louisiana kyle records broken world Johncarr 2010 crzyblondgrl state globe disc 80inches drive record silence crank build finals Audiopipe pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Define "sound quality"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Define "sound quality" Empty
PostSubject: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:27 pm

i put this on another site but it needs to be here too.

ok so here it is something that all dealers need to know to be better informed.
how to sell something that sounds good.

this thread will be hard to just write something because don't put the same crap that you were told and have read in every magazine.

write things that can actually help dealers create better sounding installs.

the reason for this is.

we just had a local car show at a community college with the auto students put on the car show and the electronics students put on the stereo portion.
this show is annual and this was the 11th year. we judged stereo for the first 3-4 then a small competitor opened up and they were close to the college so they had it for about 4-5 times. when they closed the electronics club hosts it know.
here's the problem
we take cars that are of all ranges on the stereo level. from basic stock speaker locations to full custom "SQ" cars even 5.1 dts cars. now i sponser the trophies so we try to be fair and usually i don't let the bigger usac competitors run through. just to make it fair for the regular guys. but we loose. so this year i let everyone go through and how did it turn out. only one of the cars i worked on even placed. it was a 16-17 yr old explorer that has xr f,r, cen, a4300,a1800, 2 13w3 jl box.
sounds ok but nothing like the other cars. so why is it that the novice judges don't like proper sound setups?

so what is "sound quality" because everybody has a different idea and we need to get on the same page here.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:11 pm

A realistic and natural reproduction of a soundstage and the instruments represented in the recording. Listen live...don't use recordings for all of your references.
I like the dark smokey club sound for competing. But for rock...I like the brighter 'live set' sound with more impact. Either way, I'm referencing my two tonal curves to real life SQ experiences both as a musician and listener.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:25 pm

but what about the novice what makes them think it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
SQRSX
SQRSX

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:15 am

While it is agreed that the purpose (or should be) of any sound reproduction system is just that - reproduction. the goal has always been to re-create as close as possible the original event. However a novice listener my not have any reference to anything real and will judge good sound as anything that has visceral impact and is fun, period. That means bass you can feel, mids and highs that make your ears ring and music that they and thier freinds listen to. Too often veterans (like myself) in an effort to educate and "enlghten" a new generation expose novices to what they consider "old boring music". If you want to judge the quality of a sound system for 16-19 year olds it must be tuned to their music and listening tastes. That means let them pick the judging software and let them sit in the car while you judge it. It my not be what we like but it keeps it fun and interesting. Slowly those that are in it for the music and not just to show off will gradually understand and appreciate the original goal of sound reproduction. How many of us started off with bass heavy systems? I remember my first system consisted of two 15s and some cheap components. By my current standards it would sound terrible but I thought (and all my friends) it was the best system I'd ever heard. Just keep it fun and expose as many novices to car audio as you can. Eventually those that do it for the same reasons we do will come around.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:19 pm

I can't find a clapping guy...but :CLAP: Very well said!!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:24 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:45 am

What's going on John? I'm working on a little surprise for you. Seems like our class is going to have another car in it at finals. Smile
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:58 pm

The more the merrier. Very Happy Give me a call sometime Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Define "sound quality"   Define "sound quality" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Define "sound quality"
Page 1 of 1