Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Need some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Need some advice Vote_lcapNeed some advice Voting_barNeed some advice Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef finals Johncarr crank drive build pics contest records 80inches state world globe Audiopipe dollar disc songs 2010 kyle crzyblondgrl broken quad louisiana record stereo silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Need some advice

Go down 
+7
jkrob21
tijuana_no
Chris's Studio Civic
Monte B.
jsketoe
Crush
jayhawkblk
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Hey guys and gals.

I have a question for you all. I am going to b back on the scene this season since my life has started to settle down a bit. I am wondering if I should move from Intermediate consumer to Advanced. I am running a different car this year than last year at finals. I have been tunning it and I am really happy with the results. I guess I dont want to ruffle any feathers and be accused of cheating. I lent my car out for CES but am not sponsored. I dont want anyone saying that since the car was at CES. The equipment came out of my maxima from 06. Just wanted you guys feed back want all things to be on the up and up.

Marquies
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 pm

advanced cons is a very competitive class

so if you got game from both seats then go for it

either way good luck.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I think I got game from both seats but i guess i will know after a few shows if i got game or not. i would like to stay intermidate until i win first at finals i just dont want to be the center of any controversay!! I am a low key guy.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 am

you need to get it at a show and see if you get bumped out of Intermediate. I'd say a good show to experiment with would be the triple pointer at Springdale AR 4/12. Ralph will be there...get his opinion.

*edited for keeping the direction of the topic at hand.

Last edited by jsketoe on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:31 am

John-

Where did this "any driver bigger than 1.5" in the pillar" come from?

I can thing of several vehicles last year and this year competing in Intermediate with mids in the pillars (and these guys truly deserve to compete in Intermediate).
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:43 am

[

Last edited by Chris's Studio Civic on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok ok ok boys. This is not where I intended for for this thread to go. I just wanted some input on if I should stay in my class or move up. i still think that I am intermediate but I just did not want to start any controversy. I do have a dash build. It was done so that if i decide to to do dts I can. i dont even run it unless I put in a 5.1 disc. Should that matter? So what if I decided to run my center during sound judging? Is that cheating? I just want to make sure that I am abiding by the rules but yet still having fun cuz that is all this is for me. Lets settle down guys and stay objective.

Thanks

Marquies
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:20 pm

?

Last edited by Chris's Studio Civic on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:58 pm

very simple if you can beat me !you move up .lol
i am just kidding ,i even thanx you for the explanacion and concern on the matter ,but having a great car like yours in my class just proves of how tough this competiontions are coming to be again (i believe that we are close to add classes or saparate classes) is not your fault to have a great car and have it at CES .We should be proud and looking forward to compete against you sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:43 pm

wow busy day.
stay in the intermediate class if you paid someone to build your system.
if you built the system or want to move to adavanced then move up.
these are just personal guidlines, but

if you purchased the equipment anywhere but a retailer (ie. internet) then my personal opinion is that the competitor is no different than an employee at a store. so they should be pro.

other than that stay in intro untill you win 2

everybody else just remember
if someone beats you because they did something extra then don't be mad just work harder and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:01 pm

oh yea ; Marquies

got any pics of your car?
love to see it
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:38 am

And for the record, Marquise's car is sweet (I've seen pics). He deserves whatever kudos come his way for sure.

Last edited by jsketoe on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:05 am

can some one teach me "the gray area " and help me move back to
basic . I ASURE YOU I WILL BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND ! PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:07 am

Marquise, from the pictures I've seen, your car is Intermediate...but the decision is Ralph's to make, not mine. As long as he says it's cool...it's cool...no sweat.
Very Happy
Let's keep this on topic for Marquise...or the thread will get deleted.

Last edited by jsketoe on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:39 am

?

Last edited by Chris's Studio Civic on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Fellas...I know all of you guys pretty well except for Chris. Marquies keep the car in intermediate this year. IMO I'm not going to advanced as far as I know. you and I have been in the same class for a few years now whether it be Basic or Int.

I purpose built my truck to compete in the Intermediate classes. I don't plan on running in advanced for some time.

Sketoes comments were based on competitor comittee discussions (I beleive). If the comittee has no say with the organization then so be it. But I have then wasted a lot of my personal time on the sq subjects. I am not keen on some of the suggestions myself but it has been written and hopefully presented to the office. If ANYONE has a problem with some minor changes in the class structure I would encourage you to contact you Comittee Rep and discuss it with them.

I myself may not even compete after this year depending on how my finances work out. Being laid off and flipping burgers for a couple of months has put a serious damper on my ability to stay up to date with my truck. However this is where my passion is and I will continue to be at shows and be the best voice that I can for the rest of you guys. Any of you guys can call me at any time. My number is in my sig.

Marquies...I'm surprised that you had not called me already. You are a great friend and competitor.

Jimbo, Sketoe and I are the area reps for a good part of the south/mid-south. If you have input please call one of us. I beleive we have good representation for competitors because between the 3 of us we know the ins and out of both SQ and SPL and take this hobby of ours very seriously.

At the end of the day let's just remember to have fun or find a new sport/hobby.

Don't mean to ramble but it seems some people were left out of the loop on conditions that we ALL as a comittee have been working on to help make it fair across all of the classes for everyone. Without power class structure we almost have to revamp the rules a little.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:11 pm

What John said is correct Chris...this issue was addressed in the competitor committee.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:37 pm

jayhawk...you have a pm
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:07 am

?

Last edited by Chris's Studio Civic on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:09 am

i didn't know this ,perhaps you guys need to try to keep us informed
and not wait till you in the lanes . when was this meeting, when this was brought up.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:32 am

I have deleted my posts John
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:30 am

Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 pm

DTS ftw
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:57 pm

tijuana_no wrote:
i didn't know this ,perhaps you guys need to try to keep us informed
and not wait till you in the lanes . when was this meeting, when this was brought up.

We had a meeting in early February. I would have discussed it with you in more detail at the show in Shreveport but as far as I know nothing is set in stone as of yet. I do remember you and I had a short discussion about SQ judging or lack there of. Which is another topic being discussed by the committee. Give one of us a call if you have any questions or suggestions. That is what we are here for. If you want your input to count you just need to pick up the phone or PM or E-mail some of us. See you in the lanes bro!
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:13 pm

I'd comment on this post but it appears that everything controversial has been deleted so like a NY Cop "I'm moving along, nothing to see here"

Marques, nice car. I didn't see the A's but from the pictures you did show, it looks like a nice intermediate car as long as there isn't anything exotic up in the A’s.

To answer the underlying question, since Ralph hasn't given a yeah or nay on the guidelines I presented to him months ago to help the competitors classify cars themselves, it is still up to the head judge's discretion of who goes where. With that said, this rule is currently in the rule book and the one that will be used is “The head judge at his/her discretion may disqualify any competitor whose audio system is too advanced for this division.” I personally would probably just move the competitor to a division where they would be more competitive but that’s me. Another judge might take the rule literally and that would really suck to drive all the way to Omaha and get told your car is too nice for Intermediate or Basic and be DQ’d. Since this is a head judge ruling and not a clarification of a written rule, you couldn’t protest at that time but you would be able to take it to the R&E to ask for a ruling. From Section 14, Appealing a Decision:

“The Head Judge’s decision shall be final. Appeals should be of a substantial nature and not based on score comparisons. Repeated or insubstantial appeals will only be considered disruptive to the event. Any competitor, or group representing the competitor, that is deemed unruly or disruptive to the event, may result in the competitor being penalized or asked to leave the event premises.

A competitor may write the USACI office to appeal a Head Judge’s decision or a rule. If the appeal is justified, the USACI Board will send the appropriate reply to the competitor and any persons involved. Neither USACI nor an event sponsor assumes responsibility for any awards or prizes previously awarded to another competitor.”

It’d be a WHOLE lot simpler if some guidelines were in the rule book so competitors wouldn’t potentially get blind sided at an event, especially finals when everyone is out of the office and the competitor wouldn't be able to participate in the event that they worked toward all year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:09 am

so what are these guidelines?

nothing pisses in my cherios like only getting thanksgiving and christmas days off since october because iam building cars to compete in this organization and one month before iam done they change the rules so the car can't even be in the class i intended it to. ( man that's a run on sentence )

chris missed alot of the comotion but you should be kind of proud to be the one that they have to make new rules so people can keep up. i would

I DO BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE LIMITS ON WHAT CAN BE DONE TO THE STRUCTURE OF THE VEHICLE TO BE IN A CLASS.

BUT

IF RULES ARE GOING TO BE AMMENDED THEN THEY SHOULD BE PRESENTED AT FINALS FOR THE NEXT SEASON.

if i show up to a show and one of the vehicles i have built to exceed the judges expectations ( so the competitor can win ) gets moved up a class then there will hell to pay. just because someone shows up a kicks your ass doesn't mean you can cry like a little baby. for 15 years i have heard the same whinning.

i understand it is hard to loose but winning is harder.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:18 am

WOW!!!!!!!!
i can feel a lot of controversy about this (and there is already) and perhaps Ralph should try to harry about given a yeah or nay .We should have a answer as soon as possible , i know that this tough decision cause involve a rule and they are hard to change or adjust over nite
or even worst make to pleased everyone .i know there was all ready
at least one unhappy competitor at padre cause the head judge wanted to move him up in class ,but judge decided to keep him at
intermidiate mostly cause the hassle.i personally feel that there should be some changes in this class and not because i am on this class , but because that was what heard the most at nationals "that there was a few cars that shouldn't have been in that class ".and is not the competitor's fault ,but i also think that we don't need drastic changes "we need proper changes that benefits all the competitors and level of competition".
but we need some guide lines quik cause we are almost at mid season and we need time to adjust to what we need to change if needed and not wait till finals and have people really upset.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 am

Thanks for the clarification Tim. I hope that I get informed well before finals if my car is "too nice for intermediate" but for now that is where it will be. As far as exotic in the A's nah just a 28mm tweet but I do have a center channel that I only run if I want to do dts/5.1 I can turn it on and off at my leisure. i still need to know if running my center is considered cheating or unfair? Didn't the mustang from CO last year have a center channel?

It is funny how a simple question asked in good faith can cause such a shit storm.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 am

Marquies -
James (with the black Mustang from CO) actually had a pair of the Focal 5-1/4" subs in the center of the dash. No midrange or tweeter present there.

I don't remember anything in the SQ rules about using or not using a center channel in regular, left-right stereo sound judging. If you feel it works for you, then use it.

I admire someone building a car to compete in 2 completely different classes like regular SQ and DTS. Lots of tuning there....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:08 am

Monte

It is a lot of tuning. I figured that if I could step up and win myself 2g's why not. with the F1 setup it makes it a little easier to get the car set up for both classes. I will give it a whirl and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next