Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Vote_lcapStree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Voting_barStree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Vote_lcapStree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Voting_barStree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record state quad world Audiopipe chef songs kyle stereo 80inches globe drive crzyblondgrl crank records disc dollar contest Johncarr broken silence build louisiana 2010 pics finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Stree Beat Ban List

Go down 
+34
ARMed&Bangin
ibbangin
rturner
Moparbass28
mschwitz
95_Path
charlesestes
Tim Schaffer
Alan
Greg McCool
bumpin s-10
ktsstratus
SOLOGHOST
scionsoloxb
HellRzR
The_Rowlands
supadave
Talonesi
TECH114
redhanded
RXZILLA
05gliguy
BBGIC
Matt_Sibley
Twisted Image
memphis_yota
slumpinhonda
Basshead Chapa
Navi
super stock crx
zacdavis
TeamSpead-Kenny
sanman
Stingraysevenout
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

The following is a list of CDs that are not usable. Ralph will come on later to verify this. I just called the office and talked with them.

Loud as HELL
So Loud It Hertz
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:39 am

Just leave people to choose what cd they like. All the cd are out there, it's up to the individual to choose which one works best for their system. I am pretty sure newbies will be aware of all these disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:35 pm

USACI wrote:

The music must contain non-computer generated vocals and a discernable bass beat or rhythm. (Must be a song). Music with intentionally extended bass tones may be banned and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. . As of this printing Majic Mike, Loud As Hell, and the So Loud it Hertz CD’s may not be used. Other Cd’s that may not be used can be found on the USACI web site at www.usaci.org.

Im not trying to stir up anything but technically the Loud as Hell CD does not have a Constant tone behind it as like So loud it Hertz where there is a tone with music in the very far background. The So loud it hertz and the magic mike songs are a full tone song which I can understand being banned not like the Loud as Hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
rturner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
rturner

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 pm

I personally think you should be able to play whatever cd you want. No banning.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
Above Average Contributor
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Sorry Rich but I disagree... The cd's used at finals last year were nothing more than test tones. If ya didn't use em ya didn't stand a chance. That's not what "Street Beat" is about. Make em play real music. Is Magik Mike real music...yep in my opinion. But it is more a less a tone so I agree it should be banned. Although Magic Mike doesn't do much for the crx guys...to low of a frequency.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 pm

me too they've already let it happen! i doubt they are going to be able to police everyone! if usaci allows some crap through this year after talking all this crap, i wont be competing next year....

this cost too much to buy all the equipment and make it to finals for these rules not to be inforced!!!!
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm

i say dont bann anything let it go!
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Alright, just read this post and this is the first time I've seen this one. Don't know how it slipped by me, but it did. Kenny brought it back, and for good reason. Now my two cents...

As someone said on page 3 or so....if it's available to all...than what's the difference. I just got out of the 1/4 mile racing scene due to a horrible accident. There were different classes for different applications under the hood. I ran in the Super Stock class. For example...you are allowed a maximum of 195 lbs maximum compression. If your application's only pushing out 192 lbs, and that is determined to be the cause of you losing the race, then so be it. You were allowed 195 the whole time. Not your competitor's fault you were pumping out 192...you lost. Thanks for coming out, but you may now go home. Go home and work on gaining that extra 3 lbs of compression....A.K.A. go home, get rid of the Young Jeezy CD and find you a copy of DJ Majik Mike.

You guys are so right about--"Where will it end?" If a tone is such a bad thing...then judges....man the F up and do what you're supposed to be doing. If someone rolls in the lane with one of them speakers that's on the Orbit gum commercial (ya'll seen it....what, like a 120" woofer...dude lays in the ball bearings, chewing his gum...blah blah) precariously perched in the bed of his truck you won't let him compete with it, will you? Hell no...then notice a tone when you hear one, and send him to the back of the line for a rerun, and if he doesn't like that, then send that azz home. That'll be like a racer with roller cams trying to race in my class--NOT ALLOWED.

Personally, I say run what you brung (quoted from someone on here) and let the judges man up and do what their supposed to be doing. Hell, gimme a judge's badge or whatever. I gives a damn who I piss off. I'm not here to make friends. If that happens in the meantime, then so be it. But I think I'd make a better caliber of friend by sticking to my morals. Follow the rules. If it's in the USACi rule book, then that's how it should be. I promise you that I wouldn't be allowed to race in Factory Stock with an aluminum block----wanna know why---because the inspectors (equivalent to USACi's judges) wouldn't damn allow it.

By the way, Majik Mike's been around at least since 1990. I was jammin that on my lil dual deck Magnavox tape player in the 9th grade with it's 2.5" speakers---thus proving that it's really likable music. I had no idea what bass sounded like, AND I jammed Majik Mike daily.

Oh, and ummm...yea, I'm long-winded if ya'll didn't notice already.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:31 am

Now is it me or is this getting out of hand? Personally like was mentioned before I thought SB was to get new people into the sport, but everywhere I look I see alot of vets playing in those classes. As far as the music selection goes isn't the system supposed to be able to play music not test tones? Sounds like alot of people just took their class cars and found a new "song" to play. I say bring back "FLASHDANCE" I miss watching the look on peoples face when the track starts up and their like WTF, and then here comes the boom. Matter of fact I still use that track on occasion for our demo car. Also Fallen,and Bring Me Back To Life have great intros and bass lines, and the customers ask why do we use those tracks instead of something like DJ Majik Mike or Young Jeezy. My reply well if it will get this loud with this type of music what will it do with that? And sure enough we are off to start building their system. Also isn't SB supposed to be designed around everyday type music?
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:29 am

WOW!!!! 7 pages of beating a poor dead horse to pieces!! There are horse chunks all over my desktop now!! Since this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart, here we go.

{WARNING….LONG POST…. WARNING….LONG POST….}

<rant on>

Possible solutions to your SPL problem and our SQ problem in the beginner/basic classes??

Make the trophies in the “beginners” class much smaller than in the advanced classes. When I say smaller, I mean T-Ball sized “you were there and finished” type trophies. I’m talking a base with a top screwed on it and maybe some engraving, maybe no engraving, who knows. Hell, give them a preprinted “1st place” award on some award paper from Staples. It’s a beginner’s class, why give them the same sized trophies or even the same type of awards as the guys that spend BIG bucks to build a legal vehicle for one of the “advanced” classes. I felt the same way about Basic getting a MUCH smaller trophy than the Mod or SMod classes too because basic is the old “get the new competitors in the door” that street beat is supposed to be that now but now Basic has a bunch of guys build specifically for that division so it’s basically “just another class with a bunch of veterans and rules” class. Remember the original rules that said you could only run Basic for one or two years and that there were no pros allowed. Does someone want to define a pro for me and then tell me how many people are getting reduced rate product (or in some cases on the spot RA’s at finals so then it is essentially free product) in the basic class?? How about a competitor building a car in a retail stereo shop during the off hours and getting access to all of that shop's tools and technology?? How about access to purpose built equipment or tech support directly from a manufacturer?? Yeah, things changed but the bottom line is, a true consumer rolling in to a shop to get his/her system built probably won’t have the manufacturer’s tech line on their speed dial and won’t have a mfg tent/booth/trailer with product in it for their competitors just in case something does blow up and certainly won't have after hours access to a shop.

Sponsorship?? I don’t think so. If someone catches a rep giving a competitor so much as a connector to an SB competitor at an event, you’re done in the SB class. There is a protest procedure for just this reason that has been on the books for as long as I have been competing. If you see it, use it. You better be sure though because you’re putting up cash to prove a point. There would always be the problem of “well, I run other classes and I got this connector/subwoofer/amp/head unit given to me for my OTHER car” You run SB OR SPL but not both…period… What about SB5 you ask?? Maybe eliminate it, maybe let that be the ONLY class where any kind of support can happen. It won't really matter since most shops aren't going to unleash their purpose built vehicles on their customer's vehicles at their event anyway. Not good PR beating your own customers out of trophies.

Don’t allow any division specifically designed for beginners at finals. That was the original plan for both of these divisions but there was enough interest in both divisions during finals registration to “persuade” Ralph to allow both of these divisions at finals. Look where we wound up because of it. We have pros/veterans on both ends of the halls building cars specifically for the beginner classes.

Enforce the rules to the letter and don’t be afraid to tell some of the “players” in the sport to take a hike if they try something shady. What was stated previously is a solution to hot discs. If there is a constant line on the T/L for more than 50% of the song, you’re done, off you go, no rerun..have a nice day. You can’t make me believe in a million years that EVERY competitor on the SPL side that is in the top 5 in his/her class hasn’t ever laid eyes on a T/L and doesn’t know EXACLY what is on that disc or how that disc performs in their vehicle. The bottom line is if there is even a doubt in the judge’s mind that something is shady, it probably is so it’s up to the competitor to make things as clear as possible to the judges to make sure that they don’t get DQ’d. The problem with this is that too many people have Ralph’s cell phone number on speed dial and aren’t afraid to use it.

The SOLUTION IMHO is to NOT make SB a finals class and you wouldn't have guys/shops/competitors/world champions building cars SPECIFICALLY for SB. You won’t have a disc issue, you won’t have mfg’s bringing free product to SB consumer competitors when they cook their amps and/or speakers so they can back up their number with new equipment and you won’t have this thread (and the ones in the rest of the forums) moaning about rules and regulations in SB. You guys have the same problem with SB that we have in the SQ side of the house with Beginner/basic/newbie/etc. There are people and shops building cars designed to SPECIFICALLY DOMINATE a beginners class. Why?? Because it is at finals and you can maybe get your name/picture in a magazine, win another trophy, impress that booth girl over yonder or maybe catch a manufacturer’s eye and get “lots of free product!” The bottom line is there is SOMETHING to be gained even if it is as simple as putting “2nd Place SB2 2007 USACi W/F” in their forum sig.

As stated previously, you are ALWAYS going to have people looking for an advantage if there is something to be gained by exploiting said advantage. There is NO way to write and enforce enough rules to govern everybody so my take is why try?? Eliminate the beginner classes from finals and you eliminate a lot of your problems. Enforce the rules on the classes that are left and leave it up to the competitors to make sure that there are no gray areas in their vehicles to even draw so much as a second glance from a judge. I know, THAT World Finals where all of that happens will be held on Fantasy Island and Tattoo is calling me for dinner so I gotta go.

</rant off>
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
T Burns
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
T Burns

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:07 am

^^^ Not make SB a Finals class...LMAO??? Do you really think Ralph is going to turn down all the money he makes off those classes, PLEASE....

I was a newb, first ever finals last year.......yes I have competed for a couple years but not serious, I get my arss handed to me at shows by the vets but I kept coming back over the 2 years, kept getting beat, learning stuff all the time. I say if you are a newb and serious about this sport even though you get beat you will be back, fVck the little pu$$y's that get beat and b!tch about it and never come back....do you really want those types in the sport? If you are serious you WILL be back no matter how bad you are beat at a show.

So what that people have Ralph on speed dial, sounds to me like you are just a little jealous or something?

(txcomp edit: Jealous?? Puuuuuleeeeze. You've got PM and a lot of reading to do)
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 am

Agreed...Streetbeat definately belongs at finals. Just rule out test tones and all is well.
Back to top Go down
rturner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
rturner

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:17 am

If the cd's are available for everyone to use doesn't that level the playing field??? These disks were made to heavily favor spl systems. If you go banning a certain artist or songs then you need to change the rules in streetbeat. 30 seconds is not a true test of a streetbeat system. Do an extended timed run in streetbeat. Then if a particular song or track does not play for that amount of time then ban it.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:51 pm

The only true was this is going to be resolved and or a equal resolution will piss many people off.

Why do we all use the USACi Cd? Because it levels the playing field and it is one less grey area USACI has to deal with.

My oponion has always been make a USACi Street Beat CD, Frankly USACI has said they were making one since this class came about in 06. Does no one remember the CD cover contest. Heck meghan entetred, and someone was supposed to get a free entry to finals over it, I dont remember whom.

Make 1 cd, Plain simple done. Contact the maker of the Loud as hell cd, im sure they would glady mass produce something for USACI.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:39 pm

a competitor can get what ever they need from a manufacturor in sb5 lol someone needs to read the rules themselves i think

sb is also setup for anyone to run any of the classes it doest say 1st year competitors anywhere ill say it again

sb1 1st year competitors
sb2 2nd year
sb3 3rd year and so on get the picture if you have ever been a usac member then you can not run sb1 and depeding on how many years you have on record as a member depicts wich class you can run in sb simple enough

as for the type of cd and wich one yes usac needs to mane a disk problem solved and only allow the one that the person running the event to be used any more ?'s this shit is so so so easy to solve so grab your balls people and make it happen.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:39 pm

oh my bad there is my 2 cents worth also
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:48 pm

being a competitor in the SB class...my opinion is this...just my 2 cents

I have a truck I built for daily driving and yes it will SPL but not a true SPL vehicle....someone ran their mouth and pissed me off so I ripped out daily and built a SPL SB system....to play a "Banned CD" just like everyone else....join em or loose it was and is that simple! Music only this year....fine with me...I can put my daily driver stuff back in and tweak it to pressure better. I think 30 seconds is not long enough....The whole song should be played for a minimum of 2 minutes and average that. A true street beater can do that! As far as a CD I think Sanman it it on the head we all need to use the same cd the Usac cd....mix a couple music songs of people that want to get their name out their or just a popular song with permission just make it the same, or people will argue about it forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 am

I want to play what i want to play. I dont want some damn disc someone makes. Whats the fun of that....NONE
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:07 am

ok so open it back up no banned then....I really dont care but either a Usac disc is produced and made the rule or no banned cd's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stree Beat Ban List   Stree Beat Ban List - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stree Beat Ban List
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4