Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Rules Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Rules Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Rules Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Rules Vote_lcapRules Voting_barRules Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs finals disc crzyblondgrl pics crank stereo broken louisiana silence quad drive kyle records Johncarr chef 80inches dollar state world Audiopipe build 2010 globe record contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Rules

Go down 
+13
F3M4
dbdaddy
jdlspl
2003f150
The_Rowlands
beatnoutdaframe
Alarm God
sanman
BODEAN
redlineaudio
mfivespeed
chrisfish
ShooterK2
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ShooterK2

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:25 pm

New to the forums here, and wanting to compete in a few shows this season. I competed in MidwestSPL last season, as well as one USACI show (IFO Noble, OK). I would love to start putting a plan together for a build in my Civic, but........when I click on the "RULES" tab, it wants me to pay to join before I can see them.

Heck, after I see the rules, I may not WANT to compete!

Seriously, am I doing something wrong? Surely you don't have to pay money just to read the rules.......
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Just click download. It is a pdf.
Back to top Go down
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks Chris, but...... I don't see a link to click. When I click on the "RULES" tab, it takes me to the page where you order a membership.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Ok.. i tried. Same problem! Lol. That must have been screwed up with the last update attempt. Lol
Back to top Go down
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Is there ANYWHERE one can view the rules? I really need to pick a class and get busy here....

Oh and Chris, I remember you from the show in Noble last year. My son and I were there with the red Civic hatchback with a wall of DD 15s. Remember?
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 pm

first thing u got to do is buy u a cheater amp
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes i do
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm

they dont clamp amps in usaci
Back to top Go down
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks, but I'm not gonna buy any amps just for this class. I'll run what I won finals with in MidwestSPL. May not do very well, but I don't care. I'm only planning on competing in a couple of shows within driving distance to me. Not planning to go to USACI finals.
Back to top Go down
redlineaudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redlineaudio

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.redlineaudio.com
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Now why couldn't I find that!?

Thanks a bunch!
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:50 pm

mfivespeed wrote:
they dont clamp amps in usaci
Strapping is just fine tho.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 pm

ahh poor babay whats wrong your lil kraco get you stomped
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Leave it to Sanman for a blast from the past, You got any idea how long it been since i heard the name kraco.
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 pm

nope i was just giving the guy a heads up if he want to be competitive in usaci thats all, that why its hard to get locals guy to go to more than one show are even want to compete in usaci
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 pm

there not cheater amps unless its only 1 pr 2 thats doing it well guess what its more than that

conform or get ran the fornicate over buddy
Back to top Go down
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I won't buy a certain brand(s) of amps specifically for any one organization. In my opinion, clamping power is the ONLY fair way of doing things. That way, there are no "cheater" amps. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that going by the manufacturer's RATING of an amp is not going to be anywhere close to fair. It's basically saying "Ok, you're allowed to run any amp rated at xxx power at 4 ohms, but you'll only be competitive if you run THESE CERTAIN BRANDS...." Basically, the manufacturers that fudge the most on their ratings do the best.

I think mfivespeed is right: That IS why a lot of people don't want to compete in USACI. I've heard LOTS of folks talk about this. Not everyone wants to be limited to certain brands or certain manufacturers in order to be competitive.

I already told my son that we won't be competitive in USACI, but we talked about it and decided that we may go ahead and throw something together anyway just for fun. Our main focus, however, is MidwestSPL.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am

ShooterK2 wrote:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I won't buy a certain brand(s) of amps specifically for any one organization. In my opinion, clamping power is the ONLY fair way of doing things. That way, there are no "cheater" amps. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that going by the manufacturer's RATING of an amp is not going to be anywhere close to fair. It's basically saying "Ok, you're allowed to run any amp rated at xxx power at 4 ohms, but you'll only be competitive if you run THESE CERTAIN BRANDS...." Basically, the manufacturers that fudge the most on their ratings do the best.

I think mfivespeed is right: That IS why a lot of people don't want to compete in USACI. I've heard LOTS of folks talk about this. Not everyone wants to be limited to certain brands or certain manufacturers in order to be competitive.

I already told my son that we won't be competitive in USACI, but we talked about it and decided that we may go ahead and throw something together anyway just for fun. Our main focus, however, is MidwestSPL.
I wll put my usaci amp up against all that mwspl clamp shut
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 am

In my opinion, clamping power is the ONLY fair way of doing things

you might wanna stick to mwspl then homie

i went from usaci to mwspl a few years ago and it was just as easy to wint a title there as it is here
Back to top Go down
ShooterK2

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:03 am

That's what I'm saying, Chris. I'm certain that RD amps put out FAR more power than they are rated, or than what other manufacturers rate their amps, that are supposedly of similar power levels.

We all know the argument. It's been talked about a million and one times. Some folks prefer it THIS way, others like it THAT way. Nothing against USACI (obviously, I'm the one coming on here looking for rules so I can do a USACI build), but I, like a ton of other people I have talked to, refuse to go spend a lot of money on certain brands that fudge their power ratings in order to be competitive.

No doubt about it, RD makes some EXCELLENT equipment, as do several other companies. I'm sure an RD amp of any given power rating puts out a considerable amount more power than most other amps of that same power rating. I'm just one of the guys that enjoys competing against other systems using the EXACT SAME POWER. That way, the build is the deciding factor, not the amount of power coming from the amp.

And sanman, thanks for the advice. I'm not looking for an organization where it's "easy" to win a title. That's not why I'm here. I'm also not here to spend a lot of money on "cheater amps" just to be competitive. I've already acknowledged that I won't be setting any records here. In fact, I'm sure I won't even be competitive at all. It's just something different that my son and I want to play around in.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:13 am

Not trying to step on any ones toes or anything, but yes RD makes a really nice amp. Which when I was building Fred's explorer for SB4. That's all I heard is that rd is the way to go. First year out (2009) he was using 2 sundown 3000's. And won at finals. We beat the living Dung Pile out of those amps without a failure. So the next year we tried a pair of rd d9's. And got nowhere fast used those amps for 2 shows and sold them, and went back with sundowns. And they have not let us down yet. BTW he has won SB4 every year since 2009. And he drives the explorer daily. It's not just a comp only vehicle. Just my .02.
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:03 am

ShooterK2 wrote:
That's what I'm saying, Chris. I'm certain that RD amps put out FAR more power than they are rated, or than what other manufacturers rate their amps, that are supposedly of similar power levels.

We all know the argument. It's been talked about a million and one times. Some folks prefer it THIS way, others like it THAT way. Nothing against USACI (obviously, I'm the one coming on here looking for rules so I can do a USACI build), but I, like a ton of other people I have talked to, refuse to go spend a lot of money on certain brands that fudge their power ratings in order to be competitive.

No doubt about it, RD makes some EXCELLENT equipment, as do several other companies. I'm sure an RD amp of any given power rating puts out a considerable amount more power than most other amps of that same power rating. I'm just one of the guys that enjoys competing against other systems using the EXACT SAME POWER. That way, the build is the deciding factor, not the amount of power coming from the amp.

And sanman, thanks for the advice. I'm not looking for an organization where it's "easy" to win a title. That's not why I'm here. I'm also not here to spend a lot of money on "cheater amps" just to be competitive. I've already acknowledged that I won't be setting any records here. In fact, I'm sure I won't even be competitive at all. It's just something different that my son and I want to play around in.

There is always another way to look at it i personally don't run RD but i know about what kinda power they do so i run my amps see what number i do then look at it like ( i got 15k clamped out of mine and did this number so if i throw 2 d5's in there the score would be about the same)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bottomlesspits.com
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 am

ya might see 1 amp ,,beat 2 rd.d5s this year.now if ya clamped them rd will be more power but at half that power that 1 amp just might put up a big # maybe....
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am

beatnoutdaframe wrote:
ShooterK2 wrote:

There is always another way to look at it i personally don't run RD but i know about what kinda power they do so i run my amps see what number i do then look at it like ( i got 15k clamped out of mine and did this number so if i throw 2 d5's in there the score would be about the same)

Exactly how I look at it!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm

BODEAN wrote:
Leave it to Sanman for a blast from the past, You got any idea how long it been since i heard the name kraco.
LOL remember Fultron? I believe that was first name of Memphis.
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 pm

sanman wrote:

ahh poor babay whats wrong your lil kraco get you stomped
I remember people complaining about my HCCA 225's calling them cheater amps. Lol if they only knew what shunting the fuse holder and 16 volts with 8 volts of input at 1/2 ohm would wake the little monsters up.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

so now rd is the only company oput there running the so called cheater amps

i look at it totally differant its not there fault your company doesnt build your amps to play at .175 like theres does now is it so its not really a cheater amp its a competition amp. you should talk to mmats or who ever it is your using and tell them you need an amp a certain way to do certain things and everyone could have the same ability that you would just like rd did when me/ koller/jimbo/ and some other told them this.

you see they dont appeal to the mass they are for the competitors and built for us with our input added. i mean they could be like rockjunk and mass producing some Dung Pile at low prices to fill there pockets.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 pm

same way with the rd3250's man people bitched moaned and complained theye didnt do any power so i tested everything i could on it and well .25/18v/14v of input and that amp would walk most bigger ones
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:31 pm

sanman wrote:

i look at it totally differant its not there fault your company doesnt build your amps to play at .175 like theres does now is it so its not really a cheater amp its a competition amp. you should talk to mmats or who ever it is your using and tell them you need an amp a certain way to do certain things and everyone could have the same ability that you would just like rd did when me/ koller/jimbo/ and some other told them this.

you see they dont appeal to the mass they are for the competitors and built for us with our input added. i mean they could be like rockjunk and mass producing some Dung Pile at low prices to fill there pockets.
Agree!
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:32 pm

sanman wrote:

.175 huh? Damn I just might have to give them a little playtime...lol
The sundowns are at .35 and can run full tilt off the bat no rolling the volume up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next