Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Vote_lcapSQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Voting_barSQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Vote_lcapSQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Voting_barSQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive 2010 build 80inches songs pics globe Johncarr finals crzyblondgrl silence crank disc quad chef stereo louisiana state broken kyle dollar world contest records record Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ speaker ratings

Go down 
+14
bigjae1976
Matt_Sibley
mschwitz
redhanded
doitor
Chris's Studio Civic
Monte B.
dlechner
jsketoe
emperorjj1
jayhawkblk
bmuhammad1
jkrob21
Crush
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

how about this list the speakers you have used or listened to enough to rate them on a 1-10 scale this way people can read an see which speakers more people like

try not to be biased (those who are sponsored or work for a manufacture)

see alot of people never get to here some brands so please be there ears.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 am

emperorjj1 wrote:
herd the herz lines at ces and they are great and awsome for the prices(dealer and msrp). overall i liked rainbow car better then any herz speakers but they were pricy as hell

So you liked my car at CES? I am glad. It got a lot of good reviews from people at the show. That thing was a labor of love though we ran into all kinds of problems during the build. But I am happy with the way it turned out. I have the Hertz line in my Tahoe which is soon to be in my new xB. I love the ribbons but the flexibility of a cone driver is hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:36 pm

We sell hertz and focal and I like both lines for different reasons. I have been a focal guy for years, but the high energy line from hertz is getting me thinking about switching over. I currently have the access line of focals in my eclipse. I haven't heard the JL stuff, but over an alpine type R and the focal acess I would go with the focal. Tweets are both a little harsh, but the midbass on the focal is much better. Hope that helps some.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:29 am

we pick up focal and so far i have been more than please with the vehicles we have put them in.

nothing major basic speaker replacements.

jeep access 5.25 comp front 5.25 coax rear alpine deck
best sounding jeep i have heard from a headunit power.

f250 superduty polyglass 5x7 front and rear, jl a6450 and a1800, 2-jl12w3v2 custom cut rear seat made console box.
wide soundstage definate stereo seperation seemed big. really made me wish the customer didn't already have the 12w3's so i could put in some w6's

that is it for now give more up dates later
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:47 am

The shop I've been working at for about 4 years has Focal, JL, Boston Acoustics, and Alpine. I like the Focal's over the other brands for components anyday. I find in most setups the Focal's sound a lot smoother with the crossover set to -3dB for the tweet. Depends on tweeter location obviously, but play with that in different vehicles, it makes a significant difference on how smooth they sound. The access line while slightly more expensive than the JL or Alpine entry level, sounds much better. I dont think I've ever had a customer that didnt agree the Focal sounded better, not all of my customers buy them due to the added cost, but 99.9% agree they sound better.

The Focal K2P line, as stated above, is very strong, very good sound quality and great midbass. We actually sell quite a bit of this line each month to some of our higher end clients. We have never sold a pair of Utopia Be's but I have heard these in several cars and been impressed every time.

As already mentioned, the installation and setup is key to anything sounding good. It really helps that we have a shop manager who placed in the top of I-A-S-C-A a few years in a row back around 2000 and is very intelligent. He's taught me so many things I can't even begin to list. Setup is probably 90% of good sound.

As far as support goes, ORCA is always willing to work with us, and the guys there as well as Nick have always been very knowledgeable when we had questions. I give them a thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 pm

ok have a issue.

have a C5 vette
useing jl amps

what speakers

jl c5 w6 maybe w5?

or

focal polyglass

anyone used the c5 enough to know?
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:52 pm

The C5's sound pretty good as do the Polyglass. Which series polyglass were you planning to use? You can't bump the guy up to the KF's or KP's? Which JL amps?
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:06 pm

decided on poly 3way in front door
coaxial stock rear
poly 165 in rear hatch

decided not to build car for sq just show

jl hd amps

12w7

w505 and h701

if he blows the poly 3 way may upgrade to kp 3way
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 am

You should be ok on the 3 ways with that power per channel. Let me know how you like those amps though, I haven't had a chance to use any yet.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:06 am

just hopeing the amps will come in before i am ready for them
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 am

ok late last week we installed another access set

regal concert sound package

130a1 in front door location

690ca1 in rear deck

customer had old comp vr with alpine amp.

iva w205 head no external amp

i have got to say that off of head unit power i am very pleased with the focals . they sound good without distorting like normal speakers do. we can play the headunit higher before we notice the amp giving out but it doesn't sound as bad as other speakers.

i have heard the jl vr on head unit power and it was terrrible. put the amp on and they were fine. alot of people must build in stages and the focals are better for that indeed.
Back to top Go down
bigjae1976

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 pm

I've used OZ Audio for a long time...but they are no more. Sad

I've used the same OZ components for 9 years of play time....I'm finding it VERY hard to find something else I like.

But one comp set I liked that hasn't been mentioned are the Zapco Reference comps.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:46 pm

I personally feel the JL c5s fall between the Focal polyglass and the kf/kp's. If you are comparing...but also remember...the c5s use a silk tweet which will have a totally different sound characteristic than either of the Focals. I'd say let this guy listen and choose, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:05 am

old vw van

put 165ca1 in doors and another set at base of couch firing forward

cde-9874

front driver a little low
open doors and sounds great.
rear set sounds like a pair of 8s

cheers
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:33 am

You want to hear some drivers that will make you take notice? You should give a set of Hybrid Audio Clarus' a listen. Seriously, IMO...they are JL C5 competition. If you haven't heard them before finals...come listen to my Corvette.
Back to top Go down
12listen4

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Try looking into the T3Audio T6c and the T5c. They have a great sound and the roll off on them is amazing, Also the price point is perfect. They dont cost near as much as some of the other high end speakers but sound ust as good and even better than someof the others we sell.

Herb
Advanced Audio
Madisonville, TN
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:49 am

Dyn Dyn and More Dyn enough said!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Marquies,You gonna keep those in your car for more than one show? LOL
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:47 pm

I have the k2p's in my Yukon and they sound very nice. I have added another set for center channel. I have Audison Amps and a 701 procesor. I am anxious to hear a set of Hybrids so when scrapin comes to town I will get my chance. Thanks in advaance Rick. My s-10 has two sets of OZ Matrix elites. They are tough and sound really nice. I didnt want to add a processor to the s-10 because because I wanted it to be ear screaching loud. I have an Arc ks 300.2 to each set of components and it rocks. The Arc amps wont so much as get warm. I drive 35 miles one way and jam the whole way. The foose 10 in subs are very clean and accurate. Foose amps I dont like too much. I plan on adding an Arc KEQ5 in dash. I realize I am rambling on I apologize.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:14 am

jkrob21 wrote:
Marquies,You gonna keep those in your car for more than one show? LOL

LOL John these are never leaving my car. If they leave my car it is to go into another one of my cars when I am done with the Bimmer. I am so thrilled with these drivers. So 2 cars in my stable with all Dyn set ups. Hehe
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:57 am

im currently working on door pods for CDT and Hertz drivers. hopefully a good step towards better sq.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:01 am

Ihave not heard a set of cdt's I have cared for
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:31 am

ironmaiden wrote:
I am anxious to hear a set of Hybrids so when scrapin comes to town I will get my chance. Thanks in advaance Rick.

Sorry Buddy... No more Hybrid Audio for me.

But Scott and the most of the boy's from Team Hybrids will be at the event. Some of the highlights will be John's Buick and Dave Brooks truck, BUT all of the cars there should be really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Goudy has some cdt's in his truck that sound good!
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:06 am

john since i haven't seen it
whats your vette got in it and placement
and whats it sound like
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:43 pm

All Hybrid Audio front stage:
Clarus 6.5 (stock location)
Clarus tweeter (eye level in a-pillar)
Legatia L1 Pro tweeter (in the kick)
check my cardomain page for pics.
It sounds way bigger than the car itself. The stage is outside of the windshield quite a bit and wider than the car. Tonally it's very nice and would probably amaze you at the money I have invested in it. It's my daily driver so it gets a lot of on-the-fly tuning and tweaking. It'll be at Finals. It's not the GN, but it will be very competitive in Q class.
Back to top Go down
sqfanatic212

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:40 am

I love the old Xtant 6" coaxials. I have ried a lot of other brands, but I always put those back in my car. After 6 years out of the game, I am returning to the bullring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ speaker ratings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2