Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ speaker ratings Vote_lcapSQ speaker ratings Voting_barSQ speaker ratings Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ speaker ratings Vote_lcapSQ speaker ratings Voting_barSQ speaker ratings Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc contest stereo dollar records record 2010 songs quad build louisiana finals state pics kyle silence Audiopipe Johncarr drive crank world crzyblondgrl broken 80inches chef globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ speaker ratings

Go down 
+14
bigjae1976
Matt_Sibley
mschwitz
redhanded
doitor
Chris's Studio Civic
Monte B.
dlechner
jsketoe
emperorjj1
jayhawkblk
bmuhammad1
jkrob21
Crush
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 am

how about this list the speakers you have used or listened to enough to rate them on a 1-10 scale this way people can read an see which speakers more people like

try not to be biased (those who are sponsored or work for a manufacture)

see alot of people never get to here some brands so please be there ears.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:58 am

i was wondering if anyone has listen to the new alpine pro sets
if there are even out yet?
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:04 pm

on our everyday sales we use

alpine s and jl tr between those two the jl is definately the better speaker for dropins.

99-150 speaker range

so far when compareing the alpine to jl the jl comes out on top at each price level.

s<tr
r<vr
x<xr

those are our main two lines. we are looking at focal and were wondering were they would settle into the mix. mainly the access level
can anyone compare the access to the jl tr or vr?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Unfortunately I don't get to hear many nice lines of speakers. Alpine type-s is our most commonly sold line.

We also sell quite a few of the Rockford Punch line aswell. For the kids wanting alot of tweet. Those things scream. Not in such a great way though.

I run the MB Quart QSDs in my truck and am very happy with them. I have not heard the new Q-line yet so I cannot vouch for them.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Ive used or heard a number of different speakers from Jensens to Focal BE. And I still like the Focal Utopias.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I have run anything from infinty perfects to MBq Q series to Dyns, to Rainbow platinums, to Hertz Millies to Morels. I love my dyns for midbGluteus Maximus my hertz for midrange and tweets, and my Rainbows for tweets and midbGluteus Maximus
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 pm

bmuhammad1 wrote:
Ive used or heard a number of different speakers from Jensens to Focal BE. And I still like the Focal Utopias.

so basically the more it cost the better it sounds?
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:30 am

jkrob21 wrote:
Unfortunately I don't get to hear many nice lines of speakers. Alpine type-s is our most commonly sold line.

We also sell quite a few of the Rockford Punch line aswell. For the kids wanting alot of tweet. Those things scream. Not in such a great way though.

I run the MB Quart QSDs in my truck and am very happy with them. I have not heard the new Q-line yet so I cannot vouch for them.

ya seems like the fosgates have harsh tweets... punch and power and even my older FNQ but with the FNX tweets they sound mighty nice
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:22 pm

jkrob21...for a Quart guy to say the new RF stuff is bright...it must be shattering glass...LOL.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:28 pm

And I'd put the Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia line in the ring with some Focal Utopias anyday. Honestly. I'll let you take a listen at Finals.
I like Dynaudio also...just not their small format tweeters...the Esotar is nice.
I've heard some really nice Focal Be set-ups...and some really nasty ones.
I've heard MBQuarts QSD and Q serises stuff. Some really good, some really bad.
I've heard some old school CliffDesigns and new CDT stuff that was stellar as well.
I've always liked the Scan product (F#1 stuff etc) in most apps.

There are others...the night is short...
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 pm

I second the Hybrid gear.

Also, the Scan Rev 4" are no joke!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 am

A couple of good low budget comp sets...Focal's Access and JL's mid line set with the silk tweet...whatever the designation is.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:47 pm

No not true at all. You can have the most expensive set up but if the install is sucks so will your expensive speakers. Granted it will be built better than most cheaper lines and the quality of the sound my be better to some bias ears.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 pm

jsketoe wrote:

I like Dynaudio also...just not their small format tweeters...the Esotar is nice.

I agree that is why I ditched my 102's for the 130's
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:52 pm

jsketoe wrote:
jkrob21...for a Quart guy to say the new RF stuff is bright...it must be shattering glass...LOL.

My manager has the RFs in his truck and I can't sit in it. He says the Quart doesn't have enough tweet for him. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm

"so basically the more it cost the better it sounds?"

How a speaker sounds in the vehicle depends a lot on speaker placement but how a speaker performs on the bench depends a lot on the materials thats used...which means the price may go up. In my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

My manager has the RFs in his truck and I can't sit in it. He says the Quart doesn't have enough tweet for him. Shocked

Is he deaf!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

jayhawkblk wrote:
jkrob21 wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

Is he deaf!!!!!

He used to compete SPL when 150s and 160s were a big deal.LOL
His idea of kick arse is LOTS of low and LOTS of high. I ask him about mid range and he just says "what's that? Oh you mean there's supposed to be words and stuff." Laughing

The owner of my store on the otherhand can be found early in the morning with my tuning discs and RTA off in his truck trying to get to where I'm at. Cool He runs the Eclipse 6610 HU Alpine H701 Type X front stage and ID Max subs. His crap is loud and doesn't sound half bad. afro
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:31 pm

OK after looking over some lines iam thinking of bringing in focal.

question is:

if you sell focal how do they compare to other brands?
is it a strong line with good reliability?
how is orca to deal with?

dont want to bring in a line just to find out the support is not there.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:47 pm

Our Eclipse dist. will sell us Focal too. But I have yet to run into anyone around here willing to buy it. From what I've heard Orca does a pretty good job with support.

Nick was at finals helping guys out. He even gave me a copy of their latest test CD.

By the way Nick, the "bulb drop" did not blow any tweets in my setup.LOL
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 pm

basically we are looking for a speaker line that is top level and has a lot of options.

this is mainly for our highend clients. so volume won't be tremendous.

looking at access for a day to day stepup. over jl tr
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:06 pm

Crush wrote:
basically we are looking for a speaker line that is top level and has a lot of options.

I wish we had more "high end clients" Sorry I can't be of any help to you.

You and your guys are top notch! Can't wait to see you guys again next year at finals if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:48 am

Hybrid Audio Technologies.
Scott has the Legatia line that we all had in our cars. The new Clarus line will/ should be out by CES. It's more affordable and is freaking competition worthy-good. The Legatia stuff we run is midline believe it or not. The Sebra stuff will be the upper tier on down the road. You can read all of this on the hybrid audio home page. Email Scott or call him... Tell him I sent you if you want to talk to him.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:51 am

I really liked the Focal K2P series of speakers. More for those customers looking to spend some money, but some of the best built and best sounding speakers for the dollar I've experienced. Awesome midbass response, and built like a brick shiznit house.

Of course, I love our BE setup now....but for typical consumers (even some looking for hi-end stuff) it might be out of the budget.

I heard a car at Padre last year with the Pioneer Premier's in it. Those sounded really nice for a set of speakers at $500-600 retail.

I've always wanted to get my hands on a full set of ScanSpeaks and audition them. I know several car brands (like Sketoe mentioned the Alpine F#1, also Genesis) use SS drivers.

The Hybrids must sound pretty good. That team had a good year over at the Brand X finals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:02 pm

I listened to Sketoes car at Finals. The Hybrids sounded very nice Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 pm

I have heard everyone of those drivers.......

They all can sound good....and they all can sound bad. It all depends on application and setup....And yes that includes the Hybrid stuff, the Focal stuff, Scan speak.......and any other drivers.
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-11-27

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 pm

In the last 5 years I've used in differents cars:

1.- dB drive speed series: (7/10) Very good for the $$$$$. A bit bright with metal tweeters.
2.- Polk Audio db5250: (7/10) A bit more expensive. Liked the tweeter better. Less harshness.
3.- Dayton Reference RS180 and Seas textile dome: (7/10). First DIY set. Much better midbass than the previous sets. Some lack in midrange.
4.- Hybrid Audio L1.L3.L8-3: (10/10). The best front stage I've had. Incredible midbass, cero fatigue, cero harshness. Very transparent.

Totally personal opinions.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 am

Crush wrote:

I would bring in the Hertz line. They have a large variety and the support from Ken at electomedia is second to none. I would also say Rainbow becasue they too have a variety of lines and the build quality is stellar.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:04 am

herd the herz lines at ces and they are great and awsome for the prices(dealer and msrp). overall i liked rainbow car better then any herz speakers but they were pricy as hell
Back to top Go down
redhanded
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redhanded

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-01-28

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:11 am

image dynamics cds comps
dd 6.5 midbass
worked well for me

i have been experimenting by using a high end fullrange driver with a morel 9"mb and it is unbelievably amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SQ speaker ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ speaker ratings   SQ speaker ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ speaker ratings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next