Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapIf you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Voting_barIf you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapIf you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Voting_barIf you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 contest world louisiana dollar kyle stereo globe state record pics Audiopipe disc chef drive records Johncarr silence songs finals broken crank build quad crzyblondgrl 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

If you are the only one competing....

Go down 
+14
TeamCobra1
SQ-LS400
Stubbs
jsketoe
SQYUKON
Chris's Studio Civic
firespl
Alarm God
papacueball
saltybeanbag
losspreventionfreak
basher8621
EAllen
OnYrMrk
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

In your class, is that really a win? Sure you get points, but can you honestly say you are the winner?

discuss
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis

AuthorMessage
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:54 am

Yep, I have not slept in DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:26 am

basher8621 wrote:
Yep, I have not slept in DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy I had to stir the pot.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:19 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:32 am

Well, Honestly I go against my previous score, getting my tuning down better each time and trying new things, saying Im running the oldest vehicle here and with more quarks than any of yours and being a somewhat newbie.... Yeah I am Intro SQ, and yeah I have gone against others at shows and enjoy competiton, saying that only 1 vehicle that has beaten me so far was built by a former SQ world finals winner and he beat me by only 7 points, Im quite good with that, but honestly that wont happen again, I have my A game, and Im bringing it, and I will meet your challenges of stepping up to a different class for the competition, I bring my 56 dodge pickup against anyone, Run me Heads Up, no processors or EQs if you wana have real fun, and lets battle. I am out to win INTRO SQ+ this year at world finals, and love the competiton of others.....
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Stubbs wrote:
Well, Honestly I go against my previous score, getting my tuning down better each time and trying new things, saying Im running the oldest vehicle here and with more quarks than any of yours and being a somewhat newbie.... Yeah I am Intro SQ, and yeah I have gone against others at shows and enjoy competiton, saying that only 1 vehicle that has beaten me so far was built by a former SQ world finals winner and he beat me by only 7 points, Im quite good with that, but honestly that wont happen again, I have my A game, and Im bringing it, and I will meet your challenges of stepping up to a different class for the competition, I bring my 56 dodge pickup against anyone, Run me Heads Up, no processors or EQs if you wana have real fun, and lets battle. I am out to win INTRO SQ+ this year at world finals, and love the competiton of others.....

I guess I better step up my game also, LOL. I guess I better make a display book, LMAO.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

how many of us on here have a car complete we can put in the lanes right now? lol
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:26 am

I do!
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 am

jsketoe wrote:
how many of us on here have a car complete we can put in the lanes right now? lol

Chris has the Civic and it is complete. LOL
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Local show, sure why not?

But other than that, I would have to say NO!
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 am

I got mine ready, waiting on the new processor, but the old school on I have in there right now will do the job till the new one arrives Smile
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 am

So sounds like we have 3 rides that could go through the lanes right now here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 am

Here's one for you guys, I only check the SQ forum once or twice a year, but here it is coming from an spl guy.

How many times have you been to a show, competed in sq, were told your the only one in your class, you get first, no judging of the car at all.

How is that suppose to help sq grow? Sure the seasoned vets know there cars, know there setups, how it is suppose to sound, so they don't need the help, but this happens all the time to the "new kid"

I always wonder how are they getting what they paid for? Sure they get a trophy, is that what they are paying for, or are they also paying for someone to evaluate there car and give them feedback on how it sounds so they can improve it, and then hopefully make it better by the next show so that IF there is someone they now have a better chance.

I have seen this go two ways, one is they are asked if they want to be judged, some say no, I guess that's fine if they don't want to be. I have also seen them told, not asked, that there car won't be judged since they are the only one in class so they will win anyway. How is that supposed to get them to come back since they aren't getting what the paid for? I have also seen them repsond saying yes, to have the judge actually give them a laundry list of reasons why they can't judge it; ie slow the show down, the spl people are wanting to go home etc. trying to talk them out of it. I've actually seen a judge respond irritated that this kid actually wanted his car judged.

Is this possibly where some of the sq people we were trying to bring in went, maybe this is why they didn't come back.

Sq isn't as big up north, I remember it used to be in AR when I lived down there. I know it's not as big even in TX anymore.

I have actually seen a kid up here, does sq regularly, just an everyday type setup, not going to win wf or anything, heck will probably not ever go to wf, has no intentions, just enjoys audio. Your true everyday audio custumer/local guy that competes, He enters sq/car show at all the shows and even me after seeing this happen to him time after time, I wonder why he even pays to enter anymore, nobody is actually going to listen to his car up here since no one is ever in his class.

Thoughts on this from the tru sq'ers

end of rant, this is way more than i intended on typing
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am

i agree chad i understand their frustrations!! it would be like us doing all our work to our setup only to go to the show and be told we cant get metered to see what its actually doing or get it certified just because we are the only 1 on our class u know that would never fly with a spl guy!
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 am

Its frustrating but I always want to be judged. NO IFS ANDS OR BUTTS.. Yeah its not as big but its still what I have always wanted to compete in, so here I am. 1st yr doing this full out and I do like it, Yeah its hard for the sport to grow cause it takes time and money and not just slappin a system together. But Thats why they have street q and intro class for people to get started and see if they like it, SQ costing more than SPL is another reason but I think SPL is a great start for a competitor now if you ran both spl and sq classes at a show that could be more fun and give someone a better understanding on their whole system... But I always want to know if the things I changed from last time being judged are reflected this time in the score... Its how ya get better... And im not out to be a trophy whore I want to be the best I can with what I got.
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Even when your still the only one, you still get judged it is what you paid for. If not, post the judge's name. SPL guys Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Mike Marshal used to do that when mark was still around and it always pissed me off. One of the reasons i stopped SQ , The other ones that do that alot of times didn't even offer sq don and jaffe i believe dont even offer it at theres... Not sure but last i checked .. And that isn't good for anyone if ya ask me.

I will say having some new blood like stubbs and nene will help and at least they seem to have the right attitude unlike ALOT of vets and others i see on here. Just sayin

Thing with SPL is the mic doesn't lie and it isn't byest you win or loose period and you know why. PPl in correct classes most of the time in spl as well UNLIKE SQ... With the exception of freaking vets in the SB classes with the beginers ive always shook my head at that... Cause ya just chased those ppl of by being a vet and going in and blowing them away and staying in the class and never moving up... So Spl is gonna start going down hill as well if that continues

Last edited by Stingraysevenout on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Being honest its some of you vets that are chasing the new blood away ive seen that for years.

I mean PRIME example and they are my boys and i think they are awsome but i just dont agree with alot of you guys ways of thinking on what class you should be in.. Ill leave it at that
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm

You know me homie and you know I'm there to have fun. I want folks to have fun. If it ain't fun then don't do it. This is mostly a hobby for a lot of the contestants. Some judges needs a drink. LOL

I don't consider myself a vet, haven't competed since 2008 and judging by my HeatWave presentation in Houston - amatuer. I know I own a shop now but I still love to hear good music. I'm starting to compete again in my daily driver but besides the install almost everything in it is paid by me (The whole system in the truck and HeatWave Competition was paid by me). When I go compete in it, it is all me. In other words "it is comedy central" (at least I find it funny), lol. Who else loses at World Finals twice by a couple of points because the judge didn't find him funny or he forgot to charge the battery and still laugh about it? I'll let cue ball be the serious one in our team.
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

STINGRAY makes a good point in any sport or show foundation its like that to a point.

Unlike most newbies I will go against someone in a higher class if they want to go head to head, no processors and Im not scared of a challenge...And yeah I stay in intro alot cause trying to make sure I abide by the rules of having 70% of your total points be in the class for world finals etc. Yeah some might laugh but staying legal with everything I do in this is something I follow to a T. Im here to do what hasnt been done before that I know of, compete with old vehicles and do well. And for the guys who competed in world finals a few yrs back before the class changes and are comming here to into sq, yall need to have some balls and compete where your supposed to.... Yeah Im calling a few people out with that...
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Well sq-ls has a good point, this is about having a good time, and not being so serious, Im here to have fun and compete with what I brought. Life is too short to have your butthole chenched up all the time bout everything. And this is a hobby for me, something I enjoy, always enjoyed from the days of the 90s when I saw my first competition, the first time I sat in the reaper and heard that awesome sound, Ive always wanted to compete and now here I am, with a old ass truck, some extra money, and a good sense of humor...
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:13 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
Funny, in the 2010 Spring Break Jam, I found I was up against Juan Maldanado, and his red mustang gt. I was worried about my doing well against a Championship car, but, I competed anyway and narrowly beat Juan. I was elated that I did as well as I had. Took first that show and although worried about the outcome, it is the competition that made the decision for me.

Hi Joe Willis I Would like to first verify the results in the Event Spring Break Jam 2010 because my scorecard points do not add it is WRONG and then talk to Shane and the corrected points well and I was well reviewed at the time I 1 FIRST PLACE in MOD SQ in OUR CATEGORY

Greetings
Juan Maldonado
1 Lugar MOD SQ Spring Break Jam USACI 2010
1 Lugar MOD SQ Spring Break Jam USACI 2011
2 lugar MOD Q Spring Break Jam USACI 2011
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 am

Ok, so where do you want me to send the trophy to. I was scored wrong too. Point was that Jorge stated my car sounded better than yours did. Had I judged the show, I would have chosen yours over mine. I thought it sounded good. My whole argument here is that people are claiming to win when they were the only ones in the show.

but if you want the win, I have no problems sending you the trophy.

It is just a piece of plastic to me.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 am

<----------intro coming soon...lol
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 am

I think Im skipping Mod and supermod and going to extreme next year. I got tricks I want to do that wont be able to run in those classes.....

And send all the trophies to Me, Ill dissamble them to make you 1 huge trophy ..... Might look weird but hey welders and plastic just dont work good together....
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
Ok, so where do you want me to send the trophy to. I was scored wrong too. Point was that Jorge stated my car sounded better than yours did. Had I judged the show, I would have chosen yours over mine. I thought it sounded good. My whole argument here is that people are claiming to win when they were the only ones in the show.

but if you want the win, I have no problems sending you the trophy.

It is just a piece of plastic to me.

Ok Joe is good I have no problem with yuo yuo;are a good friend of mine I just wanted to explain the error had on my score sheet.

For the trophy not worry I just wanted to explain What Happened at the Event Spring Break Jam USACI 2010

Greetings from Monterrey Nuevo Leon. MEXICO cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Juan u coming to heatwave Austin?
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:23 pm

[quote="firespl"]Juan u coming to heatwave Austin?

Hi Firespl I m working with my car in this moment if I Finish I¨II be there in the event of Austin

Greetings cheers from Monterrey. Nuevo Leon. MEXICO
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 pm

[quote="Maldonadosqs"]
firespl wrote:
Juan u coming to heatwave Austin?

Hi Firespl I m working with my car in this moment if I Finish I¨II be there in the event of Austin

Greetings cheers from Monterrey. Nuevo Leon. MEXICO

Cool, oh if you dont know this is Rene, it would be nice to know how the truck compares to your mustang, think it would be a good learning experience for me, as it will be my second show competing and first show that I will be doing mod in. Hope to see u there.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 am

SQ-LS400 wrote:
You know me homie and you know I'm there to have fun. I want folks to have fun. If it ain't fun then don't do it. This is mostly a hobby for a lot of the contestants. Some judges needs a drink. LOL

I don't consider myself a vet, haven't competed since 2008 and judging by my HeatWave presentation in Houston - amatuer. I know I own a shop now but I still love to hear good music. I'm starting to compete again in my daily driver but besides the install almost everything in it is paid by me (The whole system in the truck and HeatWave Competition was paid by me). When I go compete in it, it is all me. In other words "it is comedy central" (at least I find it funny), lol. Who else loses at World Finals twice by a couple of points because the judge didn't find him funny or he forgot to charge the battery and still laugh about it? I'll let cue ball be the serious one in our team.

I will never ever forget finals in Dallas ole Rick didn't think your fake acceint But i for one BOUT DIED......
just so you know me trying to get you riled up on the other subject didn't work .. You suck!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you are the only one competing....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next